GenX2 - Need Help

Comments

• TottallouTottallou Posts: 555
    edited March 2017

I had distortions & found that the Beautiful Bends product that is great for G2 gets transferred on almost every shape & causes odd things to happen on G3 - If you have that then it could be your problem too

Post edited by Tottallou on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited March 2017
    Tottallou said:

I had distortions & found that the Beautiful Bends product that is great for G2 gets transferred on almost every shape & causes odd things to happen on G3 - If you have that then it could be your problem too

I do have that product. Would be a shame to uninstall it though.

This is an old sore point for me - the fact that every new generation that is released is quickly followed by PA products to fix the bending. What you say about Beautiful Bends rings a few bells too - I seem to remember that it clashed with other morphs or geografts. Can't remember the details though since I've been using G3F mostly for quite a while. 

EDIT: come to think of it, I noticed that there was a morph named "Disable All" that came across every time, yesterday. I think that is from Beautiful Bends.

Post edited by marble on
  • TottallouTottallou Posts: 555
    edited March 2017

I just uninstalled Beautiful Bends while I did the GenX transfers then put it back as that seemed easiest at the time :)

Post edited by Tottallou on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    Tottallou said:

I just uninstalled Beautiful Bends while I did the GenX transfers then put it back as that seemed easiest at the time :)

Yep, I could do that.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Thanks so much for all the great feedback. I managed to get ONE G2F "character" transferred to G3F ...but I put character in quotes because it looks NOTHING like the original G2F character. I'll try everyone's suggestions and see if I can't get this figured out. 

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923

Thanks so much for all the great feedback. I managed to get ONE G2F "character" transferred to G3F ...but I put character in quotes because it looks NOTHING like the original G2F character. I'll try everyone's suggestions and see if I can't get this figured out. 

It is necessary to make G3F look like G2F. Did you dial in the G2F Clone Shape (Genesis3 Female => Actor => Generation X => **People**) ?

Ok so I figured out how to do the base/bought shapes. 

Here's Callie 6 (Genesis 2 character) shape transferred to G3F:

And 3D Universe's Kimberly (Genesis 1 character) shape transferred to G3F:

The base bought characters I have figured out how to do. But it's the custom characters like Athyn (my avatar) that I can't figure out how to do. She G2F and has over 70 morphs (freebie morphs as well as bought ones) including several dialed in freebie characters and bought characters. How do I transfer her? I tried exporting her as a shape/OBJ and then loading it with Morph Loader Pro and then telling GenX to "Get Values from Figure in Scene". But it doesn't work and the resulting shape looks nothing like her.

I also tried exporting her as a CR2 but when I tried to load it to GenX via "Load Figure" it says "Poser figure not supported". 

I would LOVE to be able to get my girl Athyn as a Genesis 3 figure. I'm going to keep trying different things but if anyone else has any ideas please feel free to share them. 

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,578

I'm not at a computer with DS installed at the moment, but I think what you need to do is something like the following:

1. Set g2f as the Source

2. Then, load/dial your g2f character in DS

3. Next, in the GenX window, notice what it says for M/V/T in the edit box near the Source button

4. "T", the number transfered, will be zero initially

5. Now click the Select button, and in the list that pops up choose "Get Values from Scene" or something like that

6. Now click the Select button again, and in the list that pops up click on "Transfer All Non-zero" or something like that 

7. "T" should now no longer be zero

Choose other settings you want (target, single morph, etc.) and complete your transfer. This is from memory, so it maybe a little off. There are faster ways to do it, but hopefully this will help you get your favorite morph transferred. I'll make some screencaps and more detailed instructions if you're still having trouble when I get home later. Hope this helps.

- Greg

edited March 2017

WHEW... Ok. I did it! Thank you for everyone's help! 

For some reason, it REFUSED to create a single morph that actually looked like Athyn. I tried dialing the G2F clone in. I tried dailing it out. Nothing I tried got the single morph to look like Athyn. However, after following Greg's instructions it DID create all the minor/individual morphs (a ton of them) that she was built from. So, I loaded G2F Athyn next to an unmorphed/base G3F. Then very tediously examined each and every morph in the G2F character and dialed in each one by hand to the needed value of each on the G3F character. It took ages but after I was done dialing them all in I finally had a shape I recognized! Yay! :) Athyn on G3F! 

There is a tiny bit of a difference, but I think that's as close as it can get. And I'm very happy with the results! Thank you to everyone for all your awesome help! It's very very much appreciated! yes

I now have Athyn with Genesis 3! :D Yay! Here's both the G3F and G2F versions:

There are some slight differences, but all in all I'm pretty happy with the results! :D Thanks again everyone! heart

Post edited by 3Diva on

For some reason, it REFUSED to create a single morph that actually looked like Athyn. I tried dialing the G2F clone in. I tried dailing it out. Nothing I tried got the single morph to look like Athyn. However, after following Greg's instructions it DID create all the minor/individual morphs (a ton of them) that she was built from. So, I loaded G2F Athyn next to an unmorphed/base G3F. Then very tediously examined each and every morph in the G2F character and dialed in each one by hand to the needed value of each on the G3F character. It took ages but after I was done dialing them all in I finally had a shape I recognized! Yay! :) Athyn on G3F! 

There is a tiny bit of a difference, but I think that's as close as it can get. And I'm very happy with the results! Thank you to everyone for all your awesome help! It's very very much appreciated! yes

There are some slight differences, but all in all I'm pretty happy with the results! :D Thanks again everyone! heart

Looks the same to me - glad you got it sorted out, Diva!

- Greg

Looks the same to me - glad you got it sorted out, Diva!

- Greg

Thanks, Greg! You guys where a HUGE help! KnittingmommyMN-150374, you, and a couple others where HUGELY helpful in helping me to figure everything out. It was definitely baby steps. lol I'm still not sure why I can't get a full morph of Athyn made, but hey, as long as there is a work around I am happy! :) I love having Athyn as a G3F - gone are the strange arm bends that drove me batty. lol Plus I have "Wear Them All" for G3F - so now Athyn has a lot more clothing and shoe options. lol :)

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,456

She's gorgeous! And a testament to the helpfulness of the DAZ community. :)

She's gorgeous! And a testament to the helpfulness of the DAZ community. :)

Thank you! :D And I totally agree about the community - whenever I need help you guys are always fast to lend me the time and information I need to get things done. I love how willing people in this community are to help each other out. :)

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Glad you got your custom character all sorted out on G3F, @Divamakeup! :)

edited March 2017

Thanks again to everyone for all your help. I'm REALLY loving GenX2! :)

I'm still having some issues with G2F transfers but transferring V4 characters are SUPER EASY! I love it! 

Here I've transferred DMR Alahna to G3F:

She's such a lovely shape and I couldn't be happier with the product when it comes to transferring V4 character shapes to G3F! :) I highly recommend it! And thanks again for everyone's help. This is a wonderful community and I'm very happy to be a part of it. :D

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited March 2017

Divamakeup your renders look always so good! Amazing skin!

Everyone, I need your input.

I transferred (with GenX2) with no problem Elijah7's head to G3F as well as George but when I transfer Lucian7's head or Gianni's the morph created doesn't work.

For these two morphs the controllers are different : they are pose controller morphs (P) instead of simple morphs (m).

How to transfer them? Thank you for you help.

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
    edited March 2017

Sorry, I am not familiar with pose controller morphs. But you could try to load the male figure in your scene and apply the shape to it.

You may be lucky with transfering the morph with Get Values from Figure in Scene. As it is described there: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2189421/#Comment_2189421

If this did not work, you may post your question in the GenX Discussion: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/94881/genx2-update-genesis-3-add-on-commercial/p1

Post edited by MN-150374 on
    edited April 2017

Thanks MN-150374 but I already tried that ( after reading algovincian advice but I'll try again following your advice) and also already made a post in the other thread (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2250831/#Comment_2250831).

So I don't know what to do anymore.

Edit : it didn't work either crying

edited April 2017

Because Gianni is a popular character others may have tried before and stumbled across the same issues. Don´t give up. wink

Maybe someone who ownes Gianni and made a successful GenX transfer can step in here?

You could contact Dimension3D via forum PM: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/86407/Dimension3D

Or via email at his own webpage: http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?support

Or submit a help ticket: https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    MN-150374 said:

Because Gianni is a popular character others may have tried before and stumbled across the same issues. Don´t give up. Maybe someone who ones Gianni and tried a GenX transfer can step in here?

You could contact Dimension3D via forum PM: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/86407/Dimension3D

Or via email at his own webpage: http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?support

Or submit a help ticket: https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

Or you could even ask him directly in his current dedicated thread on the forum here    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/94881/genx2-update-genesis-3-add-on-commercial/p1

I'm not on a computer with DS atm, but I think what may be going on is you transferred a controller for "Gianni 7". This controller effects both the head and body. I believe that what you may want to do is transfer the head and body morphs directly, rather than the controller for them.

To do so, look under (region) Actor in the main GenX window for the Gianni 7 body morph, and make sure it is checked and the value is set to 1. Likewise, look for the Gianni 7 head morph under (region) Head, and make sure it is checked and the value is set to 1. 

Post back if you still can't get it to work and I'll post some more detailed instructions with screencaps once I'm in front of a computer running DS.

Hope this helps.

- Greg

edited April 2017

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate your helping me.

There is already a post I made in the official thread. So I may have to PM Dimension3D.

Greg (algovician) thank you.

I tried but it didn't work. So either I did it wrong or it is not the solution. The only person I saw using Lucian7 on female (G3F) is J Cade but I don't know how it was transfered.

I believe the problem is because the "morph" is a pose controller for Gianni7 and Lucain7.

17-04_005.jpg
    843 x 76 - 40K

From the looks of what you posted, it sure is checked and set to 1. Unfortunately, I don't own Lucian, so I can't try it myself for this particular case. Hmmm . . . is the Lucian 7 Head morph an HD morph? If it is, that could definitely be the issue.

- Greg

• Thanks you Greg.

No it is not an HD morph.

Gianni has the same problem.

If you look at my screen cap you'll see that to the left of the 1 there is a P (for Pose controller) where the other morphs that I transfered have a m (for morph). But I don't really know what it means.

I guess I will PM Dimension3D.

edited April 2017

I do own Gianni, and just tried transferring him to Genesis. It worked after checking the morphs and setting the values to 1 manually:

I assume, but am not sure, that the "P" for the head is because the g3m face bones are involved.

I don't know  what the issue is - sorry I couldn't be more help.

- Greg

body.jpg
    473 x 45 - 24K
    head.jpg
    475 x 43 - 23K
    Post edited by algovincian on
  • Ok so I am doing something wrong. Body works OK but not head.

Do you mind to tell me which setting do you use for

- the mode

- as well as the one you pick for "ignore conditional morphs or transfer conditional morphs or transfer CM if dependent exist or transfer CM with dependent morphs".

Sure - I transferred a single morph and ignored conditional morphs (didn't really consider these - just the settings I had from the last time I used GenX).

One other thought, after checking the morphs and setting the values to 1 manually, did you click the select button and select "Transfer: On for All Non-Zero Values"?

- Greg

edited April 2017

I forgot to select "Transfer: On for All Non-Zero Values" but it is still not working for the head. I did the body and head as a single morph like you said but only the body morph part works.

Thank you so much for your help. I am missing something so better relax and redo it in a few hours. Maybe I'll find where I mess up.

You're more than welcome, xmasrose. GenX can be tricky, and I'm by no means an expert, but it's an incredibly powerful tool and worth the effort. Sorry I couldn't help you get it sorted and good luck!

- Greg

edited April 2017

Just out of interest, I have looked at all my Genesis2 Actor and Head Morphs in GenX. I could only find one P in both morphlists (Head Propagating Scale) . I do not have much Genesis2 Male Characters, but surprisingly the numerous Female Characters do not have it either. So Gianni seems to be somehow special.

Sorry, I have not asked earlier. But did you try this method with Mode Selected Morphs : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2188601/#Comment_2188601

I have just assumed you followed this dicussion and tried both Selected Morphs and Create Single Morph with no luck. As you can see in the Selected Morph Example , I have only selected the Full Aiko6 morph. The seperate Head and Body Morphs are automaticly transfered. Now if Full Aiko6 gets dialed into Genesis3 Female, the seperate Head and Body Morphs follow. Exactly how it is with original Aiko6 on Genesis2 Female.

I did not change anything by hand in the morph list. It was not necessary to use Transfer: On for All Non-Zero Values. Seperate Head and Body Morphs are just there. And because it was mentioned before, I have tested Aiko6 with Ignore Conditional Morphs and Transfer Conditional Morphs, the result is the same.