DAZ Studio Pro, Version 4.5.1.56, is Now Available!

Comments

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi....

That's not that surprising.... between 4.0 and 4.5, and in between 4.5.x versions, they moved and/or renamed various actions in the Menu bar...

With a customized workspace, sometimes some of those changes don't carry over or get duplicated or are left off completely.... an example would be - Windows > Tabs was changed to Windows > Panes(Tabs), and you could end up with both with their contents split randomly between them...

Have you tried looking for the Lessons Strip in the Customize menu? I don't recall if it's listed there or not, but if it is, then just add it to the Windows > Workspace menu and then turn it off...

nicci... :)

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited January 2013

Hey nicci,

Great minds think alike...

Just coming back to report solved. Yes, indeed your solution was the answer. I took the good Doctor's, and kurisu's insight to investigate if I should possibly try to add in the missing component from the Customize Menu.

That did the trick, and I can now turn off/on at will, all the while keeping my Status Bar.

Thank you guys (and gals) for the help, and sorry to waste your time on something so trivial.

On another note; While working on rigging, I think I ran into a UI bug, but not sure. If any other content creators out there can verify, or duplicate (or if I can duplicate; working from fresh start again), then I will file a bug report:

*After using the Polygon Group Editor I switched back to the Node Selection Tool to verify my polygon selections in my mesh to Genesis body parts, and was unable to select Genesis' body parts. Left clicking on Genesis just deselected everything in view-port. I had to reboot DS to get it working again.

Maybe just a glitch, but if anyone can duplicate, it might be a bug.

Post edited by DaremoK3 on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,880
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    After using the Polygon Group Editor I switched back to the Node Selection Tool to verify my polygon selections in my mesh to Genesis body parts, and was unable to select Genesis' body parts. Left clicking on Genesis just deselected everything in view-port. I had to reboot DS to get it working again.

It is working for me :)

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    Khory said:
    New build is much faster.. right up until it crashes on me. It is some sort of 3delight error and I have a feeling its not so much a studio issue as a Lauren issue. I installed the beta and somehow did not uninstall the previous version. So for the last little while I have had the beta (which crashed) and the older version side by side. I didn't fiddle because the old version was still working and I needed to get some work done. What all do I need to seek and destroy in order to get a functional version back? I did uninstall the beta (via windows programs uninstall) and have uninstalled and installed the new release twice now.

It depends on how far you want to go for a clean install. I usually perform the following:

Uninstall DS4. Make sure you uninstall all the plug-ins, etc. Once everything is uninstalled, make sure you have no DAZStudio4 directories in either or both:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D
    C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D

Also stop the Content Manager Service and uninstall. Goto

%ProgramData%\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases

in Windows Explorer, and delete the database files.

Reboot. Before reinstalling, open Regedit. Do a search for Keys only, using this as the search string:

Studio4

Do a search in HKEY_CURRENT_USER

It should find the following:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DAZ\Studio4

Right-click on Studio4 in the left pane, and select Delete.

Reboot once again, and re-install. You will need to re-import your directories, Metadata, etc, in DS4 as all the settings are now gone.

Do you have any details on the upgrade process for MAC users? I have my content library stored on a separate drive. So would I be fine to just uninstall DAZ, and then install the new version and re-install the Essentials?

You should be fine.

Can I do the MAC procedure for Windows? e.g. uninstall DAZ and reinstall the Essentials? I, too, have all my content in another directory and since I reorganize everything, the installers wouldn't work anyway.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,323
    edited January 2013

- Merged metadata into one product

hmmm?

If there is only one "Product" there is only one product preview image that could show up in "Smart Content" "Product View"

Now all installed promotional products are not showing a preview image but an orange "!"

Thats all the promo hair, wardrobe items, environments, the ready to render scenes and even the subdragon...

Personally I do not care about that preinstalled content besides of course the Genesis figure.
    Because everyone has that content it does not seem an interesting option to use in the renders.

But let´s look at it from the perspective of a new user.

The Genesis Starter Essentials is probably the only content they install to try DS.
    Now if all what they can find is orange "!" instead of the nice product preview images that were shown before they may enjoy their first visit to DS less than customers who were introduced to DS with the preview images showing.

I cannot test this because I have no spare pc around that has no DS installed: But is the only reason why I still see the "old" products my "User Data" that remembers them? So this would mean new customers would not have any products showing up all but the"Genesis Starter Essentials?

I am aware that it is more efficient to browse the "Smart Content" in "Files" view and use the categories to display single files.
    But still even now sometimes I enjoy browsing the "Product" view to get some inspiration by the Preview images for what kind of renders the content could be used. Also seeing the preview image helps me better memorize the content.

But I guess there was an important reason behind the decision to merge the metadata into one product.
    Just for the sake of curiosity: What was it?

Update / Edit:

I deinstalled the Genesis Starter Essentials again and reinstalled them with the following options:

At the metadata import screen:
    - no checkmark for "User Data"
    - no checkmark for "Overwrite Product Data with User Data"

This way the CMS cleared all reverences of the "old" products. This means they are indeed all showing up in Smart Content in just "Genesis Starter Essentials". No more separate products indeed.

smart_content_product_preview_02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 370K
    Post edited by linvanchene on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,309
    edited December 1969

Does GenX need updating for this version I'm having problems with it and previously transfered morphs dissapearing.

edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    Khory said:
    New build is much faster.. right up until it crashes on me. It is some sort of 3delight error and I have a feeling its not so much a studio issue as a Lauren issue. I installed the beta and somehow did not uninstall the previous version. So for the last little while I have had the beta (which crashed) and the older version side by side. I didn't fiddle because the old version was still working and I needed to get some work done. What all do I need to seek and destroy in order to get a functional version back? I did uninstall the beta (via windows programs uninstall) and have uninstalled and installed the new release twice now.

It depends on how far you want to go for a clean install. I usually perform the following:

Uninstall DS4. Make sure you uninstall all the plug-ins, etc. Once everything is uninstalled, make sure you have no DAZStudio4 directories in either or both:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D
    C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D

Also stop the Content Manager Service and uninstall. Goto

%ProgramData%\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases

in Windows Explorer, and delete the database files.

Reboot. Before reinstalling, open Regedit. Do a search for Keys only, using this as the search string:

Studio4

Do a search in HKEY_CURRENT_USER

It should find the following:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DAZ\Studio4

Right-click on Studio4 in the left pane, and select Delete.

Reboot once again, and re-install. You will need to re-import your directories, Metadata, etc, in DS4 as all the settings are now gone.

Do you have any details on the upgrade process for MAC users? I have my content library stored on a separate drive. So would I be fine to just uninstall DAZ, and then install the new version and re-install the Essentials?

You should be fine.

Can I do the MAC procedure for Windows? e.g. uninstall DAZ and reinstall the Essentials? I, too, have all my content in another directory and since I reorganize everything, the installers wouldn't work anyway.

The original advice was given for a real clean installation. Yes, you can do it the way you want :)

• Dave SaxhamDave Saxham Posts: 3
    edited January 2013

Deleted - I've just lost interest.

Post edited by Dave Saxham on
  • RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Does GenX need updating for this version I'm having problems with it and previously transfered morphs dissapearing.

Hmm, I see that I am missing some very old transferred morphs (I think Gen4 time), but at least my GenX transferred morphs seem to be around still - though hard to tell if they really all are around. Which ones are you having problems with?

edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:

Hmm, I see that I am missing some very old transferred morphs (I think Gen4 time), but at least my GenX transferred morphs seem to be around still - though hard to tell if they really all are around. Which ones are you having problems with?

Some from the Freak 4 expansion pack and GOM Freak 4 expansion, they might well have been transfered by Gen4. Now I can't seem to get them to transfer with GenX.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,559
    edited December 1969

..so, is this yet another beta or a stable update release?

Also if GenX doesn't appear to be working from what I read, will there be an update of the plugin?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

It's a general release, not a beta.

edited December 1969

...thank you.

Will have to DL tomorrow.

edited January 2013

I'm finding this version really unstable I've had 3 unexplained crashes, GenX doesn't seem to be working correctly and DS is freezing up for a few seconds all the time.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Were you doing something in particular when it crashed those three times? Or is it totally random? All I'm hearing is that it's unstable, and it seems odd to have a stable beta (4.5.1.6) and an unstable general release supposedly built from the previous beta.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

I haven't really had any problems, whether or not this was because I chose not to alter my CMS during each update I'm not sure.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I dont really understand 'CMS'... In the past, all I've done is uninstall DS and Install the next version. When I install the new Genesis starter essentials, it asks to uninstall the previous version which I say yes, then it installs the up to date one. I thought that was all you got to do :-S LOL

edited December 1969

When I installed the beta after the original DS it asked me if I wanted to update the CMS (Content Management Service), I said no. I said the same when I installed this version. Like you, I did install the newer GSE and uninstalled the old ones in the process. The only issue that I've had is that there was a duplicate ID in one of the files for Axel International. I fixed this manually and DS seems to have been fine ever since.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Were you doing something in particular when it crashed those three times? Or is it totally random? All I'm hearing is that it's unstable, and it seems odd to have a stable beta (4.5.1.6) and an unstable general release supposedly built from the previous beta.

No nothing in particular just building a scene each time 1-2 figures click on something and poff DS crashes.

I unistalled the CMS first the DS and then installed the new one just the same procedure I've used for previous versions.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

No nothing in particular just building a scene each time 1-2 figures click on something and poff DS crashes.

I unistalled the CMS first the DS and then installed the new one just the same procedure I've used for previous versions.

A corrupted database could be the cause. Try resetting the database in DS, uninstall CMS and DS. Delete the database files and then reinstall DS. You'll need to reimport the metadata.

edited December 1969

Is there anything else running at the same time as DS? Sometimes, another running program could be utilising the same bit of memory as DS wants to use and there might be a conflict.

Press CTRL, Shift and Esc to bring up Task Manager and look at the processes. Is there something constantly running that is using up memory that DS needs? I made sure that I ditched everything that was memory intensive before I got DS. This may well have to include your AV program. Some may not like MS Security Essentials or Windows Defender, depends which Windows you have installed, but, it needs hardly any memory to run and seems to work well enough for me.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I havn't changed anything scine I installed this version, the previous version and the one before that were stable I didn't have any crashes like this. I use MS securityEssentials
    And what about GenX no longer working correctly.

As for resetting the database - I really don't have a clue how.

edited January 2013

On the Content Library tab/pane, click on the menu icon (above spyglass) and select Content DB Maintenance. Reset is the last item on the popup menu, and re-importing 3rd last.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
    edited December 1969

As for resetting the database - I really don't have a clue how.

You and me both LOL!

I feel for the creator of GenX. It seems with every DS update GenX also has to update. Any problems with any other plug ins? - So glad I didn't rush into the upgrade. I know stability of software is impacted differently by different workstations... But constant updates for plugin creators must really be a headache.

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Alchemy Chasm's various camera presets seem to be rather off. Don't know if it's a problem with the cameras themselves or something else.

edited December 1969

After lights, Gen X is one of the next things on my list. Here's hoping they can update it. I take it they know it does need it.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

...GenX is totally worth it, especially if you have a lot of Gen4 content you want to use with Genesis. You will also need the "Legacy" body shapes for Genesis (M4/V4/S4/A4...) as well.

Basically I have Genesis set up with all the V4++ and Stph4 morphs/shapes.

edited December 1969

I'll keep an eye out for any updates then.

CHEERS!

• WADE_d024e271cfWADE_d024e271cf Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

I have it think it is great especially GO Z but Mimic or Lipsynk isn't in it nor does it work with it so that is a big disappointment. Now maybe it works in Daz 32 bit version but who uses that? I have the 64 bit and the mimic program I downloaded is 64 bit but it will not work in Daz 4.5.1.56 hell you can't even find it. What is that about?

edited December 1969

wjamband said:
    I have it think it is great especially GO Z but Mimic or Lipsynk isn't in it nor does it work with it so that is a big disappointment. Now maybe it works in Daz 32 bit version but who uses that? I have the 64 bit and the mimic program I downloaded is 64 bit but it will not work in Daz 4.5.1.56 hell you can't even find it. What is that about?

It should show up on Window - Panes(Tabs) - Mimic Live! It does need it's own serial.