DAZ Studio Pro, Version 4.5.1.56, is Now Available!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    When DAZ uses .6 I think that they mean .06 which is earlier than .56.

Yes, read the change log linked to in the first post...

They aren't decimals - if they were they would have only one point. They are integers separated by full stops, 56 is bigger than 6.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    Two quick questions. i. Does Reality work with it? 2. Why is a follow-up release 4.5.1.56, have a lower version number than the previous release 4.5.1.6? The second question is just idle curiosity. I care more about question 1. Thanks, in advance, for your information.
    The SDK has not changed, so any plug-ins that work with any version of 4.5 still work.

WE do not zero pad version numbers. :)

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,899
    edited December 1969

leifgl said:
    I was hoping this patch would fix the problems with LIE. But no... patiently waiting.

What problems are you referring to?

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Guess what? From the change log....

"Made speed improvements to the application of dual quaternions"

WOW! Unexpected treat!

I think.

What are dual quaternions?

Seriously, though, this is good! It looks like we can now save previous renders if we have the image up (haven't deleted it) and it's showing on the screen. Sure hope so.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

leifgl said:
    I was hoping this patch would fix the problems with LIE. But no... patiently waiting.

Can you elaborate the problem you have with LIE. I have a different thread regarding issues I have with Shaders and LIE, where whenever I load a previous project that used LIE Wound of Goredom all of my shaders turn to white or black areas on the characters. This happens in preview and in render.

I was going to try and install this new version to see if it would fix this problem. So are you having a similar issue and not resolved with this new DAZ version?

Thanks.

• AlbiejeeAlbiejee Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    leifgl said:

Can you elaborate the problem you have with LIE. I have a different thread regarding issues I have with Shaders and LIE, where whenever I load a previous project that used LIE Wound of Goredom all of my shaders turn to white or black areas on the characters. This happens in preview and in render.

I was going to try and install this new version to see if it would fix this problem. So are you having a similar issue and not resolved with this new DAZ version?

Thanks.

Yes I am having the same problem. The product I want to use is - Tan Lines - from renderosity... With daz 4.5 it just turns the skin all white=+> still doing it with this version.

edited December 1969

leifgl said:
    Geminii23 said:
    leifgl said:

Thanks.

Yes I am having the same problem. The product I want to use is - Tan Lines - from renderosity... With daz 4.5 it just turns the skin all white=+> still doing it with this version.

Dang. I have had this problem with LIE Wound Makeup, Wet Body, and the Grunge set (Goredom, Ragerator, etc.) It is really frustrating. My last scene used several of these elements on nearly 9 figures and and all of their clothing. So to have to redo all that work is time consuming and irritating. I hope they fix this soon.

• AlbiejeeAlbiejee Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    leifgl said:
    Geminii23 said:
    leifgl said:

Thanks.

Dang. I have had this problem with LIE Wound Makeup, Wet Body, and the Grunge set (Goredom, Ragerator, etc.) It is really frustrating. My last scene used several of these elements on nearly 9 figures and and all of their clothing. So to have to redo all that work is time consuming and irritating. I hope they fix this soon.

Doh!!! I have those products too but haven't tried them yet in 4.5 :( I hope this will be on their next update.

• edited December 1969

OK I downloaded and installed DAZ Studio Pro version 4.5.1.56 64 bit and all of the included 64 bit plugins, but Decimator is still asking me for a serial number? I checked my serial numbers in my account and there is no separate decimator serial listed. I double checked to make sure that the decimator installer that I ran is the 64 bit version. What am I doing wrong?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

NOTE: The Decimator for DAZ Studio installer is included with DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro. However, it will NOT be activated with the free DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro serial number. The Decimator for DAZ Studio is available for purchase separately or as a part of the Game Developer Kit
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

New build is much faster.. right up until it crashes on me. It is some sort of 3delight error and I have a feeling its not so much a studio issue as a Lauren issue. I installed the beta and somehow did not uninstall the previous version. So for the last little while I have had the beta (which crashed) and the older version side by side. I didn't fiddle because the old version was still working and I needed to get some work done. What all do I need to seek and destroy in order to get a functional version back? I did uninstall the beta (via windows programs uninstall) and have uninstalled and installed the new release twice now.

• PatroklosPatroklos Posts: 533
    edited January 2013

Hi,

so I have new downloadable products :coolsmile:, I need to run DAZ Studio 4.5.x 64-bit - exe - pc, do I need GOZ, starter essentials etc as well?

I do hope this cures the crashing problem as it has been weeks since Daz has functioned properly in my pc :down:

Regards

Post edited by Patroklos on
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    New build is much faster.. right up until it crashes on me. It is some sort of 3delight error and I have a feeling its not so much a studio issue as a Lauren issue. I installed the beta and somehow did not uninstall the previous version. So for the last little while I have had the beta (which crashed) and the older version side by side. I didn't fiddle because the old version was still working and I needed to get some work done. What all do I need to seek and destroy in order to get a functional version back? I did uninstall the beta (via windows programs uninstall) and have uninstalled and installed the new release twice now.

It depends on how far you want to go for a clean install. I usually perform the following:

Uninstall DS4. Make sure you uninstall all the plug-ins, etc. Once everything is uninstalled, make sure you have no DAZStudio4 directories in either or both:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D
    C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D

Also stop the Content Manager Service and uninstall. Goto

%ProgramData%\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases

in Windows Explorer, and delete the database files.

Reboot. Before reinstalling, open Regedit. Do a search for Keys only, using this as the search string:

Studio4

Do a search in HKEY_CURRENT_USER

It should find the following:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DAZ\Studio4

Right-click on Studio4 in the left pane, and select Delete.

Reboot once again, and re-install. You will need to re-import your directories, Metadata, etc, in DS4 as all the settings are now gone.

ONLY DO REGISTRY PART IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    leifgl said:
    Geminii23 said:
    leifgl said:

Thanks.

LIE Wound Makeup Artist, Wet Body, as well as the Grunge set works.

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585
    edited December 1969

Patroklos said:
    Hi,

so I have new downloadable products :coolsmile:, I need to run DAZ Studio 4.5.x 64-bit - exe - pc, do I need GOZ, starter essentials etc as well?

I do hope this cures the crashing problem as it has been weeks since Daz has functioned properly in my pc :down:

Regards

The new 'studio' and new 'starter essentials' are the 2 items you definitely need.

The rest is various options depending on what other programs you use. You can always install them later if you find you need them.

edited December 1969

Khory said:

It depends on how far you want to go for a clean install. I usually perform the following:

Uninstall DS4. Make sure you uninstall all the plug-ins, etc. Once everything is uninstalled, make sure you have no DAZStudio4 directories in either or both:

Reboot. Before reinstalling, open Regedit. Do a search for Keys only, using this as the search string:

Studio4

Reboot once again, and re-install. You will need to re-import your directories, Metadata, etc, in DS4 as all the settings are now gone.

ONLY DO REGISTRY PART IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

Do you have any details on the upgrade process for MAC users? I have my content library stored on a separate drive. So would I be fine to just uninstall DAZ, and then install the new version and re-install the Essentials?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

My issue with GoZ was solved. Wrote Pixologic and they explained that since I uninstalled version 4R4 after I had installed 4R5 that it removed needed files for GoZ to function. It's all fixed now but wrote them this AM and mentioned that perhaps that in future installer/uninstallers should be set up to ignore those folders OUTSIDE of the main Program Files>ZBrush folders so this doesn't happen again. What a total pain in the ass. Sorry DAZ, this wasn't your fault at all. :ohh:

edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    Khory said:

Studio4

Do you have any details on the upgrade process for MAC users? I have my content library stored on a separate drive. So would I be fine to just uninstall DAZ, and then install the new version and re-install the Essentials?

You should be fine.

edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    leifgl said:
    Geminii23 said:
    leifgl said:

Thanks.

LIE Wound Makeup Artist, Wet Body, as well as the Grunge set works.

They work correctly in the new update? Or you are saying they work in 4.5.1.6?

Just to clarify for you the problem I have experienced with all three of these shaders. They do work, on the first application of the shaders. But once you save your file and close DAZ, they end up as erroneous surfaces. I have included a screen grab and circled the spots where this error shows up. You will see that the surface on the arms show up as either black or white splotches (this is where there should be cuts applied from the LIE Wound Makeup) there is also one on the boots that shows where I tried to apply the Dirty shader from the Grunge pack and it also shows as just a white splotch.

DAZ-Error.jpg
    1091 x 619 - 215K
  • DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited January 2013

O.K...

What the Hell, DAZ?

I finally decided to update from 0.114, because I am in the middle of a content creation project, and some tools in the CCT in 0.114 were failing (not going to bother to report since now three iterations back; I will report if I experience same issues in 1.56).

Where, pray-tell, is the "create clothing" button?

Prior to updating (and via documentation/tutorials) it was located in Scene editor drop-down with Genesis selected either under "Edit", or "Assets" (too tired to remember correctly, but was just using it yesterday).

You have added a plethora of new minutia, but I can not find a "create clothes" anywhere. Not even in the Menu Toolbar.

I'm aware of the secondary way I can go about this via the Transfer Utility, but I so liked the convenience of the Create Clothes method.

As a content creator, I don't mind adapting to new ways to create content for a certain end user result, but really, do we have to keep adapting to every new iteration of the same software that comes out?

Please stop changing core fundamentals. Please...

***EDIT: RAMWolff, glad to see your issues with GoZ are now fixed. Now, get back to morph sculpting...

Post edited by DaremoK3 on
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:

Just to clarify for you the problem I have experienced with all three of these shaders. They do work, on the first application of the shaders. But once you save your file and close DAZ, they end up as erroneous surfaces. I have included a screen grab and circled the spots where this error shows up. You will see that the surface on the arms show up as either black or white splotches (this is where there should be cuts applied from the LIE Wound Makeup) there is also one on the boots that shows where I tried to apply the Dirty shader from the Grunge pack and it also shows as just a white splotch.

I did another test. Applied a black eye preset from LIE Wound Makeup Artist, and the Dirty shader. Saved the scene, closed DS. Restarted DS and reloaded the scene. It's fine, see my screenshot. Load your saved scene, and check the applicable surface mat zone on the Surfaces tab if there is a *'tif file.

This is with 4.5.1.56 (current release). I'm pretty sure they worked in 4.5.1.6, as I have used it then.

Your scenes, have they been created in previous versions of Studio? My test was created and saved in the same version.

LIE_Test.jpg
    1920 x 1037 - 256K
    edited January 2013

***EDIT: SOLVED; PLEASE DISREGARD (And thank you to all who helped solve this little issue)

One other question for anyone...

Does anyone know how to get rid of the remedial start tutorials tab in the bottom right hand corner?

I inadvertently pressed the button that adds it (for a second install time) in the install pop-up box that loads first time when you start a fresh install, thinking it would just show me info of how to add, AND delete it.

In 4.x series, one was able to get rid of it in the properties editor (F2 on Windows). I can find it nowhere to un-check a box to get rid of it.

Post edited by DaremoK3 on
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:

I did another test. Applied a black eye preset from LIE Wound Makeup Artist, and the Dirty shader. Saved the scene, closed DS. Restarted DS and reloaded the scene. It's fine, see my screenshot. Load your saved scene, and check the applicable surface mat zone on the Surfaces tab if there is a *'tif file.

This is with 4.5.1.56 (current release). I'm pretty sure they worked in 4.5.1.6, as I have used it then.

Your scenes, have they been created in previous versions of Studio? My test was created and saved in the same version.

All of my scenes have been created in DAZ 4.5.1.6 only. What I also notice is that this problem seems to only affect certain types of shaders. For example, if I apply dirt and grime it works fine on most surfaces and retains the setting after saving. I applied cuts to the torso area, then saved and closed, but once I apply the cuts to the shoulder/arms area the problem returns. So in theory, LIE Woundmake-up mostly works.

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi...

DaremoK3 said:
    I finally decided to update from 0.114, because I am in the middle of a content creation project, and some tools in the CCT in 0.114 were failing (not going to bother to report since now three iterations back; I will report if I experience same issues in 1.56).

Where, pray-tell, is the "create clothing" button?

It was removed in incremental build number 4.5.0.148 ... It was listed as a 'prototype' action...

I guess they decided not to continue work on it or that it was redundant... :-/

You could make a feature request to add it back... :)

Does anyone know how to get rid of the remedial start tutorials tab in the bottom right hand corner?

If I remember correctly (at work ATM) it's a ckeck option under Windows on the top bar...

nicci... :)

edited December 1969

Thank you, niccipb, much appreciated.

If it was a temp feature, then I guess I'll have to do without. I don't think one man making a feature request will do anything, so won't even bother.

Working back through the Transfer Utility, and I think it is working a lot better in 1.56 compared to 0.114 (which is why I liked the Create Clothes feature).

For the start tutorials tab, I don't have anything on Window drop-down that will turn it off (nor anywhere else I can find). It is not under Window/Tabs like all the other Tabs . Wish it was that easy to just turn off. Maybe I need to hack the INI file...

Thanks again for your help.

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi...

DaremoK3 said:

If it was a temp feature, then I guess I'll have to do without. I don't think one man making a feature request will do anything, so won't even bother.

Working back through the Transfer Utility, and I think it is working a lot better in 1.56 compared to 0.114 (which is why I liked the Create Clothes feature).

For the start tutorials tab, I don't have anything on Window drop-down that will turn it off (nor anywhere else I can find). It is not under Window/Tabs like all the other Tabs . Wish it was that easy to just turn off. Maybe I need to hack the INI file...

They have made many fixes, improvements, additions, to the CCT's since .114 ... the latest being 'blended weights'... I haven't yet had a chance to really put that to use other then a few tests with the previous Beta.... but overall I haven't had any real issues and I'm rather happy with they way they're working...

As for the tut tab... sorry I wish I could remember... but I did the same thing when I went to 1.6, forgot to un-check that box during install and then beat my head trying to remember how to turn it off... I know that once I did find it, I felt stupid for not looking there in the first place... :roll:

nicci... :)

• kurisu2112kurisu2112 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

If the tutorials tab is the "select a lesson..." then I think the check box is in Window->Workspace->Enable lesson strip

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited January 2013

Did DAZ improve the shoe fitting for Genesis from Gen 4? I just transferred two sets of flats (Blonde 9999 Persian Fable and Val's Celestial Armor) and while they both needed a bit of smoothing out in ZBrush they are totally usable without doing that with a smoothing and sub-D applied to them. Not sure how badly heels would do but flat types seem better. Anyone else having better results?

PersianFable-GenesisBruno.jpg
    741 x 1066 - 94K
    Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:

If you mean The Lesson Strip .... Window -> Workspace

edited December 1969

Nope... and, nope... (for my setup, that is)

I have no listings for this under Workspace.

I am beginning to think it is because I have a custom workspace that has been carried over since 4.0.3 Pro (which had the ability to turn it off in the Preferences dialog box [F2]). Maybe, I will have to delete my custom workspace, and start from scratch.

However, I did find a quick work-around; Right-clicking in tab-space and deselecting my "Status Bar" makes it go away, but now I don't have that great status bar telling me things like smoothing percentage, or hover-over detail data. I can still see hover-over data if I wait the three seconds it takes for the pop-up to show up, though.

Nonetheless, thank you both for telling me where it should be located.