CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

Comments

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited January 2013

OK...I hear crickets...so....I will post a few I did today. The 32 Roadster turned out nice. I love the engine setup in it. You can hide the roof and the doors and trunk open. The Rusted VW Camper will be a good one for junk scenes. The police motorcycle will come in handy for city scenes.

:-)

PoliceMotorcycleDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 146K
    RustedVWCamper1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 378K
    1932Roadster1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 224K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • RNR_DV8RNR_DV8 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I finally got around to doing a render of the 40 Ford. I'm sure everyone is tired of seeing it as it's been rendered to death but after jumping through hoops to get it I'm posting it anyway, lol.

Ford40.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 623K
    edited December 1969

RNR_DV8 said:
    I finally got around to doing a render of the 40 Ford. I'm sure everyone is tired of seeing it as it's been rendered to death but after jumping through hoops to get it I'm posting it anyway, lol.

Looks really nice!

What background are you useing there...I want it! Looks like a cyclorama but not sure.

Pweeze!

edited December 1969

Haven't heard from Betsy...sure hope he's ok! Maybe if I post this "Real Life" pinup done in the "Betsy style" it will lure him back in here. Looks just like a render he would do.

OldChrysler.jpg
    1280 x 853 - 236K
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    RNR_DV8 said:

Looks really nice!

What background are you useing there...I want it! Looks like a cyclorama but not sure.

Pweeze!

It's called desert highway and it's free from hdrlabs.com, they have a handful of good highway scenes and lots of other stuff too.

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

RNR_DV8 said:

That background is nice but the render of the car is fantastic. What did you render it in?

edited January 2013

Iwent to the site and looked around. I downloaded some of the scenes. I opened one up and it looks really wierd. So, how do I get it to work? Is there a program I need to use for it? It looks very complicated to me.

I just assumed it was like a backdrop, but this thing is panaramic! You can pan the camera in a full 360 degree, or up or down. It's amazing! I still don't know how you got your render though.

I downloaded sIBL_GUI file...is that the program I use to open the image?

edited January 2013

Cherokee said:
    RNR_DV8 said:

That background is nice but the render of the car is fantastic. What did you render it in?

Check out the full view of it and look at the reflections in the car, it's a panaramic view so it catches it like a real world reflection would. Just awesome!

I think that road is Route 66 going into Arizona...if so, I have been on it many times on tour busses...lol. The pic below I took in 94 and I called it "Castle Rock". I looks very similar to the flat formation in the center of your render. It is huge! This I took a lot closer than yours.

castlerock.jpg
    734 x 495 - 281K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the compliments. I used maya to render but I didn't use that sibl system, just their image with the bg (background) ending. Some of the scenes have back plate images but most don't. The other images are blurred hdr images of the bg. Just map the bg image to a sphere that surrounds your scene and use a plane to catch shadows. That's all I did. I know in Cherokee's render he used the env sphere with the patio scene, these images could be used on that sphere as well. The hard part is getting the car posed to sit in the environment looking like it belongs.

• edited December 1969

music im not sure if poser or studio will use those images but i know that blender will because i hace the same set and they have 2 versions
    there are planar and sphere but im not sure what works where
    im still working on the trike but still need to learn how to rig the forks and several other parts before i can put it out

edited January 2013

I have figured a work around for Poser and/or Daz Studio. If you download the sIBL_GUI4 viewer/organizer that is offered there for free, you can drag and drop any of the free sets they are giving away there, then that saves them in a collection within the viewer. Then you can open them up, flattened, in the viewer with the ability to pan all around the image up to 360 degrees in any direction. Once you reach a point where you want to capture, expand the viewer to full screen. Then using a screen capture program of your choice, capture the entire screen showing. That will give you a nice big flat .jpg image. Use that image as a texture and open any backdrop ( I use the AJBackdrop freebie at Rendo because it has many morphing bending points.) you have in Poser or DS. Apply the image to the backdrop in your surfaces tab. Then put your model on the floor of the backdrop, setup your lights to cast shadows, render. That's it. I figured if you capture the image with an extra long amount of street going the length of the image, it will bend it just right for you to be able to place the model on the street. Here is what I got. Simple distant light in DS3 and a quick 2 minute render. If you use the uberlights in DS, or Reality, it will give you a superb render.

1940FordDesertSceneDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 238K
    edited January 2013

Here it is after playing with some postwork in Photoshop.

1940FordDesertSceneDaz2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 244K
    edited December 1969

OK, my turn. Decided to use the same scene but with a different car for variety and different program...Poser Pro 2012 and a 1973 Mustang Mach I.

1973_Mustang_Mach_I.jpg
    1147 x 884 - 208K
    edited December 1969

I keep having this deja-vu feeling, you know? Like I've been on this road before....lol. Great renders guys. Cherokee that mach 1 looks terrific, I used to have a 72 mustang. It wasn't a mach 1 but it had the mach 1 hood....your render makes me miss it.

edited December 1969

Cherokee...how did you get that to work in Poser? I have Poser 7, but it crashes constantly. If I try to load a basic character...it crashes. I can only do .obj to .pp2 conversions without it crashing. Strange huh?

Explain how you did your render of the Mach 1. (Looks great BTW!)

edited January 2013

RNR_DV8 said:
    I keep having this deja-vu feeling, you know? Like I've been on this road before....lol. Great renders guys. Cherokee that mach 1 looks terrific, I used to have a 72 mustang. It wasn't a mach 1 but it had the mach 1 hood....your render makes me miss it.

Back in 1975, my room mate had a Mach 1. A black one with a 351 Cleveland engine, 4 speed and a black interior. He would shine that thing and the interior was so clean you were afraid to sit in it...lol. It was VERY fast.

edited December 1969

ok..I talked with Betsy! He is fine...he just got smacked upside the head with real life is all.

edited January 2013

music2u4u said:
    Cherokee...how did you get that to work in Poser? I have Poser 7, but it crashes constantly. If I try to load a basic character...it crashes. I can only do .obj to .pp2 conversions without it crashing. Strange huh?

Explain how you did your render of the Mach 1. (Looks great BTW!)

Surprised your having problems with Poser 7. I used it for a long time and didn't have any trouble with it.

I imported the Mach I obj file in PP2012 and added the shaders, then I loaded Bagginsbill's EnvSphere ( https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/free-stuff/environment-sphere ) and added the background image. Used only one light and selected Scripts -> Partners -> Dimension 3D -> Render Firefly to do the rendering. Didn't take but a few minutes to render.

Post edited by Cherokee on
    edited December 1969

Cool. I downloaded the sphere. I am going to try it in Daz Studio. It says it will work in your runtime, since DS supports Poser files, hopefully it will work.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Cool. I downloaded the sphere. I am going to try it in Daz Studio. It says it will work in your runtime, since DS supports Poser files, hopefully it will work.

That's cool. I'm not sure if it will work in Studio or not. Don't know of anyone that has tried it. I do know Bagginsbill only works in Poser and he helped develop some of Poser Pro 2012 features.

edited December 1969

The sphere works fine in DS. The problem now is the car sits on the floor. Sized right it looks good on the roadway, but since the sphere goes way down below the floor, you can not cast any shadows. I moved the car down -10,000 and the pavement of the road just keeps getting bigger, so that won't work. The idea would be to place a plane on the floor to sit the car on, but then you can't get the image to match up with the sphere image. So it will render fine but with no shadows. Bummer!

I will figure something out, so far my idea of capturing from the sIBL GUI at full screen and putting it on a bent backdrop works real good.

here is a very quick render.

DougMasons55Chevy1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 275K
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    The sphere works fine in DS. The problem now is the car sits on the floor. Sized right it looks good on the roadway, but since the sphere goes way down below the floor, you can not cast any shadows. I moved the car down -10,000 and the pavement of the road just keeps getting bigger, so that won't work. The idea would be to place a plane on the floor to sit the car on, but then you can't get the image to match up with the sphere image. So it will render fine but with no shadows. Bummer!

I will figure something out, so far my idea of capturing from the sIBL GUI at full screen and putting it on a bent backdrop works real good.

here is a very quick render.

In Poser, to get shadows from the car, you'd use the Ground Plane and in the materials section for the Ground Plane, you check Shadow Catch Only. That way, you'd get shadows for the car but the Ground Plane would render invisible.

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

School Girl!

schoolgirl00.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 460K
    edited December 1969

Okay, downloaded it, I'll give it a chance to work!

desert_panel1.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 1M
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261
    edited December 1969

Trying to get the ^%^^$& ebots to work again

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:

Good to have you back Betsy! So...tell us how you got this render done? Did you use Daz Studio or Poser? Or Blender?

Looks good! Love that Chevy Delivery Van.

edited December 1969

Trying to get the ^%^^$& ebots to work again

You need a can of WD40, a roll of duct tape and a hammer...lol.

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    School Girl!

One of your girls? or is that the 6to8 girl? She's sweet looking.

edited December 1969

Here is the 1957 Chevy Nomad done in DS3 with uber lighting and using one of the HDRI images I copied on Ajar's background.

1957ChevyNomadSceneDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 330K
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    betsy662 said:

Good to have you back Betsy! So...tell us how you got this render done? Did you use Daz Studio or Poser? Or Blender?

Looks good! Love that Chevy Delivery Van.

I used DS4.5, the image was pasted onto Nerd 3D's backdrop set, not really ideal, it could stand to be done on a different kind of panorama, as the backdrop doesn't really lend itself well for this type of pick.

This discussion has been closed.