Have a Look Around: 360 Renders

Comments

• Thanks for sharing. I've bookmarked this thread

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

That is very cool!  I love FirstBastion's stuff and the Divided Highway looks great like this! :)

Novica said:

These are just downright fun. I, too, like the gal on the stairs, when I swept by the wall I felt like I could touch it.

bradrg said:

Thanks for sharing. I've bookmarked this thread

I agree, I find them fun. Gives you a different sense of being. immersed in the environment rather than just an onlooker. If anyone makes there own 360 redners, feel free to post a link here.

edited February 2017

Hee's my most recent 360 render. Click here to see it. 

This is using the new product 1stBastions Highland Lakeside Cabin and Dock. The sky is High Peaks Skydome and HDRI

2VR lakeside cabin.jpg
    1358 x 693 - 131K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
    edited February 2017

Thought I would show a 360 made with On the Shore since it is in Fast Grab at the moment. Similar to Highland Lakeside Cabin in that it's a scene with buildings set by a lake in the mountains. 

Click here for the 360 render.

2VR on the shore.jpg
    1364 x 696 - 193K
  • I've been debating getting this while it's in Fast Grab.  Looks really nice! :)

• RGcincy said:

I find them fun. Gives you a different sense of being. immersed in the environment rather than just an onlooker. If anyone makes there own 360 redners, feel free to post a link here.

I agree totally,  the immersive nature puts you right into the scene.  I've liked every spherical  you've made,  you manage to capture just the right balance of light and shadow.  It'd be great if DAZ could implement this type of viewer,   into the forum here directly. 

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

This is a Carrara render of Harpsburg by @HowieFarkes I'm sure you couuld get a similar result from the DS version. Sky is Carrara's built-in 'realistic sky' using one of the presets (forgot to make a note of which one)

http://www.2vr.in/V-U5O

Harpsburg-Spherical s.jpg
    1024 x 512 - 456K
  • This thread is awesome.! I'm book marking this for sure 

I agree totally,  the immersive nature puts you right into the scene.  I've liked every spherical  you've made,  you manage to capture just the right balance of light and shadow.  It'd be great if DAZ could implement this type of viewer,   into the forum here directly. 

Thanks! Many of your nature products are good for 360 views as they completely surround you. And wouldn't that be nice if we could display them right in the forum.

This is a Carrara render of Harpsburg by @HowieFarkes

Looks great! I'm ready to go there for lunch.

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    Glad this topic was started up. Good to see the interest around it. Beyond creating a VR experience, using the images on a dome for reflections, or converting to hdr for lighting...do any of you see other uses? I wondered about it being used on a dome to replace actual geometry when a scene got too heavy (to use the background set and load a bunch of figures and props)
    Marshian said:
    Glad this topic was started up. Good to see the interest around it. Beyond creating a VR experience, using the images on a dome for reflections, or converting to hdr for lighting...do any of you see other uses? I wondered about it being used on a dome to replace actual geometry when a scene got too heavy (to use the background set and load a bunch of figures and props)

I've only thought of using them for VR. I've read of some creating HDRI's from them. They do map to spheres so they could be used to create a dome background - how to position additional scene elements and the camera might be an issue, as would how to light them, especially for Iray renders. Would have to experiment to see how easy or hard it is. You could also probably make crystal balls or the flaming eye in Lord of the Rings style palantirs.

edited March 2017

I was out of town for a few weeks with only my laptop, which has an older version of Daz Studio, so I was unable to do any spherical renders. Here's a recent one featuring the Sawmill. The trees are from EM - MultiRes Aspen Trees positioned on an Iray World base using Ultrascatter script. I used First Light Skydome and HDRI for the sky.

Click here for the 360 render.

2VR evening sawmill.jpg
    1372 x 693 - 167K
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

That turned out really nice!  I've never seen that set look quite so good.  :)  Love the 360 view.

• FirePro9FirePro9 Posts: 455

Yup, that 360 image of the saw mill looks quite nice!

That turned out really nice!  I've never seen that set look quite so good.  :)  Love the 360 view.

FirePro9 said:

Yup, that 360 image of the saw mill looks quite nice!

Thanks @knittingmommy and @FirePro9 !

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

Wow, this is so cool! Now is there a way to get it in side by side format and get it on a smart phone to view on Google Cardboard???

Wow, this is so cool! Now is there a way to get it in side by side format and get it on a smart phone to view on Google Cardboard???

If you use your phone's web browser (Safari in my case) and go to the 2VR link for a given render, you can get a full screen view that will move as you move your phone around. It also shows an icon to allow use in a carboard viewer.

• FirePro9FirePro9 Posts: 455

I believe nVidia Iray does support stereo 360 but I am not aware of support in DS yet.  Hopefully we will get a stereo 360 camera soon.

• roswellfarmroswellfarm Posts: 5
    edited March 2017

My first Iray render in 360VR for cardboard, just selected spherical in camera parameters, tweak calmera position, chose render settings with a 2:1 scale et voilà...
    you can see the picture by using a vrplayer on your smarthone :)

here to view in 360

pp000149.jpg
    2048 x 1024 - 1M
    Post edited by roswellfarm on

My first Iray render in 360VR for cardboard, just selected spherical in camera parameters, tweak calmera position, chose render settings with a 2:1 scale et voilà...
    you can see the picture by using a vrplayer on your smarthone :)

here to view in 360

That's a good one!

edited March 2017

Click here for a 360 view of Medina.

2VR Medina spherical.jpg
    1365 x 663 - 146K
  • JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 798
    edited March 2017

Starting to see these show up on FaceBook since they have a native viewer.

I really love these. Such a compliment to the 2D renders we are used to. Bad thing is I can't delete walls and things that are not shown the 2D renders to save time, Lol!

Here is the link to mine http://www.2vr.in/V-XUN 

Hanger360Blast1.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by JazzyBear on
    JazzyBear said:

Starting to see these show up on FaceBook since they have a native viewer.

I really love these. Such a compliment to the 2D renders we are used to. Bad thing is I can't delete walls and things that are not shown the 2D renders to save time, Lol! 

Sci-Fi, I like it. Works really well with the open door.

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 798

Thanks RGcincy!

• Great Job JazzyBear !
    Here's mine...

the second was to test stéreo picture
    The third with 360 and stéréo !

sf0057vr.jpg
    2048 x 1024 - 1M
    pp0001523d.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 1M
    pp0001513d.JPG
    2000 x 500 - 659K
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,346

Really nice jobs on the Sawmill, Dancing Couple, FlightDeck and BattleArena images.  I just wish there was a stand alone viewer so we could check these out without having to upload to another site.  Like a dedicated gallery here hint hint

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Nice work guys.  I especially like the sci-fi scene JazzyBear!  Very cool!  :)  Medina looks good, too, RGcincy!  I do have to say the dancers were interesting.  It looks very strange in the jpg with the figures in that sort of stretched out view.  I love the 360 part.

A gallery here for the 360 renders would be awesome!

Great Job JazzyBear !
    Here's mine...

the second was to test stéreo picture
    The third with 360 and stéréo !

Cool! What are the settings for stereo?

And I vote for a 360 gallery too.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Great effect.  Especially enjoyed the castle turret.