CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

Comments

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Yep it was a Ford Small block for sure, but My brother built the car I just Raced it every where I could. He fianly just sold it to me. Sidney and Mike my Bro's were the grease monkeys, I was just the speed freak. My Comet was Red, I parked it one night and it has never been seen again. And this was in a NICE place too, not a bad hood or anything.

Someone stole your red Comet? Wow!

:shut:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Jaderail said:
    Yep it was a Ford Small block for sure, but My brother built the car I just Raced it every where I could. He fianly just sold it to me. Sidney and Mike my Bro's were the grease monkeys, I was just the speed freak. My Comet was Red, I parked it one night and it has never been seen again. And this was in a NICE place too, not a bad hood or anything.

:shut:Yep, August 28th 1982, remember it well. I had just came home to my soon to be Wife (now ex) from my Mothers B-Day party. Lived in a nice Apartment complex at the time, it was locked up, no keys near it and the parking brake set. Not a single person saw or heard a thing that night, it just went POOF! I loved that car too.. My next car was a CHEAP used Chevy Chevette hatch back for the next seven years... Big let down.

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    music2u4u said:
    Jaderail said:

:shut:

Yep, August 28th 1982, remember it well. I had just came home to my soon to be Wife (now ex) from my Mothers B-Day party. Lived in a nice Apartment complex at the time, it was locked up, no keys near it and the parking brake set. Not a single person saw or heard a thing that night, it just went POOF! I loved that car too.. My next car was a CHEAP used Chevy Chevette hatch back for the next seven years... Big let down.

That is something you just don't get over! I had a scooter stolen once, it was found the next day, and I was able to drive it home, but still, it was wierd walking out fo the store that night, and not finding my scooter, the cop was nice enough to give me a ride home!

edited December 1969

Leaving the New Years Party!

happy_new_year00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 499K
    edited December 1969

Almost Old Eough To Drive!

almost_old_enough_to_drive00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 407K
    edited December 2012

After talking with Cherokee, he turned me on to the Dreamland Car Patio scene set. Not a bad buy at Rendo for just over $8.00. I did a few renders with it. The trees are Lisa Botanicals, the sky is the Skydome, and the stading rainwater I made myself. I used a morphing ground just below the pavement, morphed it up a bit, then removed all textures to it, and used Lakeworks mirror reflection shader. Then set the opacity to around 30 for transparentcy. Turned out pretty good for a "made from scratch". I used the skydome so I could get a reflection of the sky in the car. I also put some LB trees on the camera side for a reflection of them in the car too. The idea is to have a realistic ongoing setting reflected.

(The 55 chevy I built. It is an exact copy of my friend Doug Mason's. 409, 4 speed. 12" grand nationals on back, 10" on front. Interior is red rolled and pleated...everything, even the headliner.)

1954....1955....1956. Click pics for full size!

:-)

1954ChevyWagonDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 271K
    DougMasons55ChevyDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 284K
    1956ChevyNomadDaz2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 281K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

Music,

Those renders turned out looking good. I've enjoyed using that Car Patio alot. Sometimes I think too much.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247
    edited December 1969

Nice work Music

edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    Music,

Those renders turned out looking good. I've enjoyed using that Car Patio alot. Sometimes I think too much.

Thinking is good...knowing is better..assuming is bad!

edited December 1969

Nice work Music

Thanks Robert. Missed you lately up in here. Hope you had a wonderful Xmas.

edited December 2012

betsy662 said:

I love this one! Very cool!

almost_old_enough_to_drive00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 407K
    edited December 2012

betsy662 said:

Betsy,

Where did that car next to Dick's Dinner come from?

Post edited by Cherokee on
    edited December 2012

Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:

Betsy,

Where did that car next to Dick's Dinner come from?

From the 3d warehouse, its a 56 Packard.

Edit! There isn't an interior or anything in it, its really a great background piece though.

Post edited by GLWoodard on
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    betsy662 said:

I love this one! Very cool!

Thats the new Young Teen 5, she really is a very nice character.

edited December 1969

Sometimes, you just need to sit down and relax, such as Vicky is doing here, just simply re-charge the batteries!

relax00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 505K
    edited December 1969

I know what you mean Betsy!

HotRodDaz1.jpg
    960 x 768 - 380K
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Okay, you've done this one before! Where is that old Chevy?

• RNR_DV8RNR_DV8 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Camaro

Camaro.jpg
    1600 x 1001 - 1M
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    music2u4u said:

1951 Chevy Fleetline. Not sure...I'll check.

edited December 1969

RNR_DV8 said:
    Camaro

Nice render. I love the lighting especially.

edited December 2012

music2u4u said:
    betsy662 said:
    music2u4u said:

1951 Chevy Fleetline. Not sure...I'll check.

Meshbox 1951 Chevy Fleetline http://meshbox.com/highlights_fedoravillevehicles1_chevroletfleetline.html $11.95 - http://meshbox.com/howtobuy_fedoravillevehicles1.html

Post edited by Cherokee on
    edited December 1969

That would be it! Good price too. Exellent mesh to work with.

Played around with Nationale7 40 Ford coupe today. Don't know why you can't color the headlight caseing chrome though. It is part of the main body. Would have liked to have had an engine in it with a hood that opened. Also, I hate the grill with the bump maps instead of actual grill holes. Just not pro enough. A shame to not do it right with such a nice car, the rest is nice.

1940FordNatDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 115K
    edited December 2012

This was my very first real car. Same exact model and colors. Had a 6 cylinder automatic. Four door. The memories just started flying when I saw this. My dad gave $300.00 for it for my 15th birthday. I would love to have it today!

My1956ChevyFirstCar.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 91K
    edited December 2012

music2u4u said:
    That would be it! Good price too. Exellent mesh to work with.

Played around with Nationale7 40 Ford coupe today. Don't know why you can't color the headlight caseing chrome though. It is part of the main body. Would have liked to have had an engine in it with a hood that opened. Also, I hate the grill with the bump maps instead of actual grill holes. Just not pro enough. A shame to not do it right with such a nice car, the rest is nice.

I was taken by that one myself, however, upon further study of the 1940 Ford's, just like all the year models of Ford, there is a standard line, and a deluxe line, the standard line wouldn't have necessariliy had the chrome headlight bezzles, whereas the deluxe line would have had them chromed as the standard.

What N7's 40 Ford represents is the standard line, stripped down version, while the one you find on the gta sites is a deluxe version. It can also be seen in the trim work when you place the models side by side.

Also notice the grill work, you need to get into the texture files and set the image for the grill on this one, not one of N7's better cars, thats for sure, but a fine mesh to work with anyway.

Post edited by GLWoodard on
    edited December 1969

OK...so I went to the textures folder and I found two grill .jpegs, both were maked as "bump" pics. I went ahead and applied them to the grills and then also applied them to the trans map section. It worked great. It now has the grill holes as it should.

I was so happy about this that I did a render. I converted it to B&W because that is what most small hand cameras used back then, like the Brownie cameras.

I call this one:

" SO WE'RE HAVING A BABY! "

1940FordNatSceneBWDaz2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 293K
    edited December 1969

... and here is the color version...

1940FordNatSceneDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 383K
    edited December 1969

Heres my last one for 2012! I promise, I won't start setting another scene until after midnight!

READY SET GO!

ready_set_go00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 411K
    edited December 1969

Just wishing you all a Happy New Year!!!

edited December 1969

Happy New Year to all, hopefully a more prosperous New Year as well!

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Heres my last one for 2012! I promise, I won't start setting another scene until after midnight!

READY SET GO!

Love the backdrop scene...what is it?

This discussion has been closed.