CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

Comments

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:
    equinoxx5 said:
    Came across this 1964 Mercury Park Lane Marauder at animium (formerly gfx-3d-model.com). The zip includes Max, Lightwave, 3DS and OBJ versions. There's a decent amount of detail, the roof is removable for a convertible option, there's even a spare tire in the trunk (grouped with the hula girl dashboard statue and a Florida road atlas in the back seat). Either the wheels are a bit too large "out of the box" or the front wheel wells are too tight (or a combination of both), and some of the UVs are a little wonky, but on the whole, a pretty nice model, I think.

I don't know how you got the file open, I don't have the password to get it out fo the zip file!

Betsy,

The password to open the file is 9iOs1mzdU2BQMW

It's the same one that's on http://www.gta-classics.net/

Okay, I thought I recognized it, I already have that one!

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:
    equinoxx5 said:
    Came across this 1964 Mercury Park Lane Marauder at animium (formerly gfx-3d-model.com). The zip includes Max, Lightwave, 3DS and OBJ versions. There's a decent amount of detail, the roof is removable for a convertible option, there's even a spare tire in the trunk (grouped with the hula girl dashboard statue and a Florida road atlas in the back seat). Either the wheels are a bit too large "out of the box" or the front wheel wells are too tight (or a combination of both), and some of the UVs are a little wonky, but on the whole, a pretty nice model, I think.

I don't know how you got the file open, I don't have the password to get it out fo the zip file!

Betsy,

The password to open the file is 9iOs1mzdU2BQMW

It's the same one that's on http://www.gta-classics.net/

Okay, I thought I recognized it, I already have that one!

The one on gta-classics is much better after it's converted.

edited December 1969

Yep, seems the good folks that redo these cars for gta make many improvements to them!

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 2012

When you download a car there, if it has a password to open it, you go back to the site and click the tab at the top that says "unlock". There it has a list of all the cars passwords.

also if you use Poseray to convert them, the .3ds versions are partially exploded and textures don't apply for some reason. The .lwo files open fine in Poseray and the textures are all in place. Use them to save as an .obj. I think they all have .obj versions though.

:-)

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 2012

betsy662 said:
    Yep, seems the good folks that redo these cars for gta make many improvements to them!

Many of the models we see the GTA sites were originally converted to NFS by the original artist. They are then converted from NFS to GTA by someone else. The cars on Sketchup and orther sites are not from the originals but conversions from either GTA or NFS.

Dan Palatnik over at Rendo creates his own car models. He also has a forum section on one the NFS sites where he converts his cars to NFS. Someone else will rip that car from NFS and convert it to GTA. I've chatted with MindFuck at gta-worldmods.de and GTA Classics and he said DAn Palanik has given him permission to do those conversion from NFS or the origiinal models to GTA.

The Sketchup cars and the 1964 Mercury (and many others on these free sites) are not from the originals but are conversion from NFS or GTA cars.

If you look closely at the cars many of the cars on animium, you'll notice many of them are from the DMI site.

Post edited by Cherokee on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Some variations of another Brycified motorbike.

VrodApe.jpg
    700 x 500 - 242K
    VRod2.jpg
    700 x 500 - 223K
    HarleyVRod.jpg
    918 x 694 - 363K
    edited December 1969

57 Plymouth Savoy.

burnout00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 320K
    57_Savoy3.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 277K
    57_Savoy2.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 329K
    57_Savoy1.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 435K
    57_Savoy.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 400K
    edited December 1969

Some variations of another Brycified motorbike.

That's one of the late Catamaran's bikes!

edited December 2012

betsy662 said:
    57 Plymouth Savoy.

Nice Hemi! Did you do this one? If not, where did you get it?

If you take the specular off those tires, they won't reflect all that light back making them look white.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    betsy662 said:
    57 Plymouth Savoy.

Nice Hemi! Did you do this one? If not, where did you get it?

If you take the specular off those tires, they won't reflect all that light back making them look white.

I got it off of one of the gta sites. Don't remember which one though.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi folks, looking for the fin tail 1961 two door Comet. Any ideas?

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

I haven't seen one anywhere, doesn't mean someone hasn't done one, just haven't seen one, would be a great one though, especially if one could find it for free!

edited December 1969

Sue doesn't quite know what to do with this old Nash, seems she isn't into collecting wierd cars like this!

what_do_i_do_with_such00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 435K
    edited December 2012

betsy662 said:
    Jaderail said:

I haven't seen one anywhere, doesn't mean someone hasn't done one, just haven't seen one, would be a great one though, especially if one could find it for free!Thank you much, just wanting to re-live some old days in renders. What about a Fastback two door Ford Fairlane? That would work also, Does not need to be free.

EDIT: The 302 Boss version.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    betsy662 said:
    Jaderail said:

I haven't seen one anywhere, doesn't mean someone hasn't done one, just haven't seen one, would be a great one though, especially if one could find it for free!

Thank you much, just wanting to re-live some old days in renders. What about a Fastback two door Ford Fairlane? That would work also, Does not need to be free.

Yep, would love to see a 61 Galaxy, or even a 64 Fairlane, especially if its done with Thunderbolt parts! Going way back, I would love to see a 1932 Ford Pheaten, or a Vicky, just like in the real model world, seems all anyone wants to put out is the super cars, no one wants to do the mundane see it on the road everyday cars very often, however, there are a few out there, would also love to see a 62 Falcon, done up in both the 2 door and Ranchero style.

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Jaderail said:
    betsy662 said:
    Jaderail said:

Thank you much, just wanting to re-live some old days in renders. What about a Fastback two door Ford Fairlane? That would work also, Does not need to be free.

Yep, would love to see a 61 Galaxy, or even a 64 Fairlane, especially if its done with Thunderbolt parts! Going way back, I would love to see a 1932 Ford Pheaten, or a Vicky, just like in the real model world, seems all anyone wants to put out is the super cars, no one wants to do the mundane see it on the road everyday cars very often, however, there are a few out there, would also love to see a 62 Falcon, done up in both the 2 door and Ranchero style.Now your talking, not many know the Fastback 302 was the sister to the first Mustang. Same frame engine and all, just a diff body.

edited December 1969

There are a lot of cars I would love to see done, I know that Dan Palatnik has made some real beauties, but they aren't available to those of us who use DAZ and Poser very much, while there are some that can be converted from the gta websites, there is a 64 Galaxy done up in sections for sketchup, I converted and built it in DS, but boy was that a chore, and it also didn't come out looking too good!

edited December 2012

There is a 1960 Ford Sunliner at Turbosquid if you don't mind paying $119.00 for it and a 1963 Galaxie at $149.00.

1963_Ford_Galaxie.jpg
    600 x 600 - 104K
    1960_ford_sunliner.jpg
    600 x 600 - 42K
    Post edited by Cherokee on
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    There is a 1960 Ford Sunliner at Turbosquid if oyu don't mind paying $119.00 for it and a 1963 Galaxie at $149.00.

And they are beauties aren't they? But they are a little out of my league when it comes to price, there is no way on this earth that I could possibly justify to the better half that paying that much for something that amounts to bytes on a computer is a good thing!

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    There is a 1960 Ford Sunliner at Turbosquid if oyu don't mind paying $119.00 for it and a 1963 Galaxie at $149.00.

And they are beauties aren't they? But they are a little out of my league when it comes to price, there is no way on this earth that I could possibly justify to the better half that paying that much for something that amounts to bytes on a computer is a good thing!

I know what you mean. I wouldn't even begin to consider buying one of those...no matter how bad I wanted them.

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    there is a 64 Galaxy done up in sections for sketchup, I converted and built it in DS, but boy was that a chore, and it also didn't come out looking too good!

I tried that one too because I've wanted a 1964 Galaxie in 3d like forever and I was rather disappointed that it didn't look to good when converted.

edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:
    there is a 64 Galaxy done up in sections for sketchup, I converted and built it in DS, but boy was that a chore, and it also didn't come out looking too good!

I tried that one too because I've wanted a 1964 Galaxie in 3d like forever and I was rather disappointed that it didn't look to good when converted.

The really sad thing was, it didn't look bad while putting it together, it was when I started shading it that all the flaws showed up!

edited December 2012

Jaderail said:

My Dad had one of those. He took the engine out and replaced it with an aluminum 215 cubic inch Olds engine. The engine only weighed a little over 200 pounds. We put it in and were lifting it up and down to center it by hand...lol. That car was very fast after that.

I have seen one on one of the GTA sites. Let me review what I have and I will get back with you.

61_Comet_03.jpg
    640 x 480 - 32K
    61_Comet_01.jpg
    640 x 480 - 38K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    betsy662 said:
    Jaderail said:
    betsy662 said:
    Jaderail said:

Yep, would love to see a 61 Galaxy, or even a 64 Fairlane, especially if its done with Thunderbolt parts! Going way back, I would love to see a 1932 Ford Pheaten, or a Vicky, just like in the real model world, seems all anyone wants to put out is the super cars, no one wants to do the mundane see it on the road everyday cars very often, however, there are a few out there, would also love to see a 62 Falcon, done up in both the 2 door and Ranchero style.Now your talking, not many know the Fastback 302 was the sister to the first Mustang. Same frame engine and all, just a diff body.

My 67 F100 pickup I posted pics of a few pages back is a Mustang Boss 302 built! Very quick.

edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:

I know what you mean. I wouldn't even begin to consider buying one of those...no matter how bad I wanted them.

There is a sucker born everyday!

edited December 1969

No luck on the 61 Comet...I know I saw one, but can't find it. Sorry. I will post a link if I do find it though.

edited December 1969

Thanks for looking, and I forget what we had in my comet but yes with the right engine they were very fast cars.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    No luck on the 61 Comet...I know I saw one, but can't find it. Sorry. I will post a link if I do find it though.

Maybe it wasn't one of the San Andreas files, might have been for gta4, in which case, we can't do anything with it anyway, YET!

edited December 2012

Jaderail said:
    Thanks for looking, and I forget what we had in my comet but yes with the right engine they were very fast cars.

Considering that Mercury is a Ford product, I will assume that they had Ford engines. The one in the picture I posted had a 170 six cylinder in it. After the restoration it now has a 260 V8 small block. I am sure it is very quick!

(notice they moved the battery to the other side too.)

61_Comet_12.jpg
    640 x 480 - 47K
    61_Comet_06.jpg
    640 x 480 - 45K
    edited December 1969

Yep it was a Ford Small block for sure, but My brother built the car I just Raced it every where I could. He fianly just sold it to me. Sidney and Mike my Bro's were the grease monkeys, I was just the speed freak. My Comet was Red, I parked it one night and it has never been seen again. And this was in a NICE place too, not a bad hood or anything.

This discussion has been closed.