Keep Calm : There's always another Sale (Daily Sale Talk)

Comments

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 373
    edited January 2017
    Kerya said:
    Semicharm said:

Tried to use the PC coupon with the Daz sale, but forgot they're averaged over all eligable items--including freebies. frown Ended up only getting the "freebie" with the coupon and paying the difference. Forgot it was one of those encrypted items. Only miffed that I'd blew my coupon on that. Oh well...

Daz3d is making true on releasing the Encrypted only items after one year for DIM and Product library:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/89246/get-your-encrypted-daz-connect-content-here-thread/p1

I don't know which one you got, but the first list is alphabetical, the second by release date. If you are lucky, your product is going to be downloadable via DIM in the near future ...

I guess I'll check about in a month. Thanks! smiley

Post edited by Semicharm on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited January 2017

The new freebie made me laugh: http://www.daz3d.com/garden-block

I'm not seeing any of those items in the promos. The squirrel and deer don't seem to be wearing them. I'm wondering if this is a kind of a "Where's Waldo" thing. A new DAZ marketing strategy!

additional promos.JPG
    338 x 134 - 20K
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,304

It is also strange that the new freebie is not marked as a Daz Original, which they normally are.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    Llynara said:

The new freebie made me laugh: http://www.daz3d.com/garden-block

I'm not seeing any of those items in the promos. The squirrel and deer don't seem to be wearing them. I'm wondering if this is a kind of a "Where's Waldo" thing. A new DAZ marketing strategy!

I dunno... maybe we should take it as a challenge?

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited January 2017

Be careful- the price may change in the checkout screen- I have Garden Block (free), Traveler for Gen3M, and One Way Ticket which total 5.58  But when I go to the next screen it's $8.37. (The Shopping Cart page is fine, where it shows what's in the cart. It's the next screen, when you click to checkout, that bumps up the price.) 

Post edited by Novica on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,308
    Novica said:

Be careful- the price may change in the checkout screen- I have Garden Block (free), Traveler for Gen3M, and One Way Ticket which total 5.58  But when I go to the next screen it's $8.37. (The Shopping Cart page is fine, where it shows what's in the cart. It's the next screen, when you click to checkout, that bumps up the price.) 

That's a good precauion. You should always double check the price. But I just ried that combo and for me the correct price showed up on both screens. So, it may have just been a short glitch and you might try again.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Thanks Charlie- it's working!

• Aeon Soul discount not going into effect, fwiw. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 8.43.21 AM.png
    1668 x 560 - 196K
    edited January 2017
    Finlaena said:

Aeon Soul discount not going into effect, fwiw. 

It requires two of todaay's new releases to trigger the discount

Aeon.jpg
    1602 x 796 - 199K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Finlaena said:

Ughhhh. Fine print. In my defense, I have the onset of a cold and I'm dreading driving into work today because of snow. XP

Well, my point kinda still stands: Aeon Soul themselves said (in another thread) that previous owners of Tau Ceti for G2 are supposed to get an extra discount that's 40% off instead of the usual 30%. Not seeing it for me, and I own TCO for GF2. 

Finlaena said:
    Finlaena said:

Ughhhh. Fine print. In my defense, I have the onset of a cold and I'm dreading driving into work today because of snow. XP

Well, my point kinda still stands: Aeon Soul themselves said (in another thread) that previous owners of Tau Ceti for G2 are supposed to get an extra discount that's 40% off instead of the usual 30%. Not seeing it for me, and I own TCO for GF2. 

Yes; but she also said it wasn't working at the moment. So, just hang in for a little bit.

Btw, Tau Ceti G2 owners should get an additional 40% off the new Tau Ceti (which features a ton of improvements especially on the textures side - which will also work on the G2 version).  This is not working right now, but hopefully will be fixed later today or tomorrow.

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    Finlaena said:
    Finlaena said:

Oh that's good to know, thanks.

I love the set and was going to pick it up again eventually, but knowing there's a discount around for us (sooner or later) helps~

Discount is working now. I got the new Tau Ceti at 58% off, around $14. Very nice set!

• Discount on Sumo character and Novice seems to be gone? Disappeard both on the Sale as well as on the Product pages. Anybody else experencing this?

I'm guessing that's a glitch. They had the same problem for a while yesterday too.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

we have reported this

• Discounts are back.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited January 2017

Remember the good ol' days when it only required buying ONE new release to trigger the discount?

Remember the good ol' days when there were great stacking sale discounts nearly every day? 

This thread used to be hopping with excited shoppers sharing stacking deals, tips for getting the best prices, etc. It was just fun to get excited about the deals one could get. Now ...it's like dry toast. Having to buy TWO new releases just to get an extra 30%? No stacking sales? *sigh*

I miss you, good ol' sales days ...I miss you. *snif snif* :P

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

Other than the toon releases and a couple of hairs, it's been easy to keep hold of my wallet lately.  Kinda miss it.  Every day could be an unexpected shopping craze. Hate to think how many hours I spent on shopping cart jenga.

They're probably timing it for max psychological effect. <cough>Pavlov<cough>

edited January 2017

Remember the good ol' days when it only required buying ONE new release to trigger the discount?

Remember the good ol' days when there were great stacking sale discounts nearly every day? 

This thread used to be hopping with excited shoppers sharing stacking deals, tips for getting the best prices, etc. It was just fun to get excited about the deals one could get. Now ...it's like dry toast. Having to buy TWO new releases just to get an extra 30%? No stacking sales? *sigh*

I remember the even older good old days when you didn't have to buy any new release (or at least not an expensive one) to trigger good discounts.

And I  remember when there were good stacking sales that were not pulled if we posted about them. Now if there should happen to be a good sale we are afraid to post too many "tips" for fear the sale will quickly disappear.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Yeah... the good ol' days... a few months back...

L'Adair said:

Not even that long ago. The DAZ December Holiday sales had som pretty good deals.

I remember the even older good old days when you didn't have to buy any new release (or at least not an expensive one) to trigger good discounts.

And I  remember when there were good stacking sales that were not pulled if we posted about them. Now if there should happen to be a good sale we are afraid to post too many "tips" for fear the sale will quickly disappear.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure a goodly number of those stacking discounts were unintended. And they did require you buy a new release from each sales page in order to get the discount to stack.

Did you notice all last December, any new release triggered discounts? A PA could be featured in multiple sales, but didn't get stacking discounts that way... but then "any" new release would trigger the discount, so you didn't have to buy that day's new release to get a better discount on that day's Feature Artists' catalogs.

I don't recall just when they changed things, but it used to be there were only three promotions active at a time, (not including Flash or Blink sales,) except for new figure releases. The last several months has seen daily promotions active for a lot longer, which might explain some of those stacking discounts. I remember the first January I was into this hobby, having started at the end of the previous September. I was used to seeing a new promotion every day, and then January hit, (2015,) and the new releases were coming out every other day. Lots of changes in a "mere" two years!

I look at the lack of multiple stacking discounts as a good way to shore up my willpower, and build my bank account back up.

L'Adair said:

Not even that long ago. The DAZ December Holiday sales had som pretty good deals.

The Daz December Holiday Sales were wild, that's for sure. Amazing right up until the Christmas Day "intentions vs ad copy" snafu...

• Yes, I'm glad that Daz either figured out how their sale functions work, or decided to have mercy on my wallet. Either way - my bank account is relieved.

I used to work for a retail place - I always complained that the prices were too high. The owner told me,

​"It is easy to lower prices, but once you've lowered the price on an item, it is hard to ever get the customer to start paying more again."

​That was decades ago, and has stuck with me all these years. DAZ may see that they've set the expectation for many of us that the maximum price this content is worth, is the lowest price we paid for it during sales.

• DIM just required an executable update in order to download new software.

​It is a sad state of affairs that whenever I get a new update on any software package from *any* vendor, I wonder what kind of new features they're going to introduce that put new limits on me while allowing them more control over whatever it is they're "selling" to me.

​Too many years working in I.T., I guess.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

DIM just required an executable update in order to download new software.

​It is a sad state of affairs that whenever I get a new update on any software package from *any* vendor, I wonder what kind of new features they're going to introduce that put new limits on me while allowing them more control over whatever it is they're "selling" to me.

​Too many years working in I.T., I guess.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/142811/daz-install-manager-dim-1-1-0-67-now-available#latest

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

I had a problem too yesterday. I spent a good amount of time putting things and taking them out of the cart until the prices made sense.

Sometimes I check out and everything is at full price until I refresh the page.

At any rate, I only use the connect to install my new purchases.

- sometimes I'd run the DIM and install stuff, to only have it not show up in my smart content tab.

- and some stuff would download, but not install.

- or install, but need another install inside Daz.

I just stick to the connect.

----------------------

And I'd love to knwo why my Lost and Found changes size every day. One day it's down to two items and the next day, it's a full list of items again.

• pawpawpawpaw Posts: 43
    edited January 2017

Wow.

Ton of Zombies, Vampires, Hags, and Demons for G3F.  (\ (' = ') /)

Post edited by pawpaw on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Anneka ...demon? 

As an official 7 figure? Uh what? 

That's... No

Just... No.

This discussion has been closed.