Daz Studio 4.9.3 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• RAMWolff said:

Hmmm, buy why would a daz studio plugin cause this?  Seems odd to me and considering that DAZ Studio comes bundled with MOST of the plugins there is no way to tell it not to install that package...

I meant plug-ins which are not distributed with DS as part of an update, e.g. Reality, Look At My Hair, etc.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

Well I took it a step further.  I just saved my layouts so I wouldn't have to start from scratch and just uninstalled all bits related to DS including DS and rebooted the computer after deleting all of the folders and files left behind.  JUST installed DS and got it resolved.  Now to reinstall all the rest.  What a pita.  Thanks for all the tips Dr.

• Anyone know if DAZ will ever introduce the iRay Realtime Render mode?

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088
    edited January 2017
    RAMWolff said:

So, got my new computer up and running.  This little issue won't resolve itself.  So need help with this.... Running the newest DS General release that's why I'm posting here...

Thanks!

Richard

Yep, this still keeps showing up over and over again. One of the main reasons I have not installed v. 4.9x

RAMWolff said:

Post edited by inquire on
  • kervalakervala Posts: 184
    Leilana said:
    kervala said:
    mtl1 said:
    kervala said:
    On my PC, Transfer Utility doesn't work as expected with 4.9.3.166 :(

I'm creating an outfit with Marvelous Designer and exporting it to OBJ, but the fitted figure doesn't keep current morphs of character.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

- Export Genesis 3 body with morphs (for example Height to 105% to have a character measuring 165cm) to OBJ
    - Import OBJ in Marvelous Designer
    - Create outfit and simulate
    - Export outfit to OBJ
    - Import OBJ with DAZ Studio
    - Launch Transfer Utility
    - Scene Item : Genesis 3
    - Item Shape : Current
    - Scene Item : Outfit
    - Check Closest Vertex First (a change with DS 4.9.3)
    - Check Reverse Source Shape From Target
    - Click Accept

The outfit is not fitted and hasn't the right height, I tried exactly the same procedure on another PC with DS 4.9.2 and it works expected.

Please does someone have the same issue ?

Does it exist a fix ?

For the moment, I don't have other choice than copying all DS files from my other computer :s Someone knows how to download DS version 4.9.2 ?

@kervala, is Genesis 3 set to Default or Current in the transfer utility? You did mention that you exported at 105%...

edit: My mistake, you did mention it... hmmmmm.

Indeed, it was set to Current :)

I removed DS 4.9.3 from my PC, reinstalled everything, downloaded DS 4.9.2 and reinstalled it. It works like expected :(

I noticed another bug in DS 4.9.2, but not sure if it's still present in 4.9.3. When we import an OBJ and save the scene, when reloading the scene, the imported object is not at the right place, I have no idea what is causing that :(

I have a test case :

- download http://kervala.net/download/scene_genesis3_bug.duf and http://kervala.net/download/corset_genesis3_bug.zip
    - uncompress corset_genesis3_bug.zip
    - open scene_genesis3_bug.duf in DS
    - import corset_genesis3.obj
    - select "corset_genesis3" in Scene panel
    - right click on "Scene" tab -> "Assets" -> "Transfer Utility"
    - Scene Item : Genesis 3 Female
    - Item Shape : Current
    - Scene Item : corset_genesis3
    - click on "Show Options >>"
    - check "Closest Vertex First" (or not, it doesn't change anything)
    - check "Reverse Source Shape From Target "
    - click on "Accept"

The corset should be at the right place in all previous versions of DS, but at the wrong position in DS 4.9.3.

I have the same problem ... I removed DS 4.9.3 from my PC

Thanks, I feared to be the only one with this problem :p Btw the bug was reported to developers :)
    inquire said:
    RAMWolff said:

So, got my new computer up and running.  This little issue won't resolve itself.  So need help with this.... Running the newest DS General release that's why I'm posting here...

Thanks!

Richard

Yep, this still keeps showing up over and over again. One of the main reasons I have not installed v. 4.9x

RAMWolff said:

See my post 3 posts up.  This worked for me.  It's a little bit of work but it was worth it. 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    RAMWolff said:

Nope, not there. 

I've just noticed in your original post about MS security essentials. Are you sure that MS Security Essentials is installed and running? The reason I'm asking is that it's not supposed to run on Windows 10, it has been replaced by Windows Defender.

Either way, replace it with something more useful.

RAMWolff said:
    inquire said:
    RAMWolff said:

Thanks!

Richard

RAMWolff said:

See my post 3 posts up.  This worked for me.  It's a little bit of work but it was worth it. 

Right. I noticed that. I guess what I'm saying is "It should not be like this." I don't feel that anyone should have to go through all this trouble. I think that DAZ needs to have the code rewritten or fixed for the next version of DS so that it just installs properly.

True but if we are a very very low percentile of folks that are experiencing this then findind ANY solution that works is the green light.  For me at least it is.  I'm back up and running fully with the newest version of DS on a brand new rig.  I can't complain! 

• RCR-2631227RCR-2631227 Posts: 212
    edited January 2017

Hi all, i have a problem! Every times that i save a scene with an human model (G3), when i re-open the scene in an second time i have that problems.. i wanna understand if it is a bug or.. i don't know. Any ideas?

Post edited by Chohole on
  • That looks as if the joint cnetres are not being moved correctly to account for the new shape of the figure. There have been other reprots of similar issues, if it is happening every time you open the scene please make a bug report http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us , attaching the scene file and noting the content used.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited January 2017

When  Render setting Dimension preset = "Active view port," in "Rendersetting tab" >Dimension preset,  Active Camera  dimensions setting in "Camera" tab,,, with Use  Local Dimensions "ON"  can not render image with "selected preset", or user custmized dimension in Camera tab

but  when LocalDimension ="on", the local camera setting should have prioritiy about dimension than gloval setting.   or Dimension preset "Active viewport" in Camera tab have no meaning. 

active.JPG
    922 x 837 - 145K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on

OK, The Heretic Recants! (me)

I got tempted and installed D|S version 4.9.3.166, Macintosh, 64-bit on my Macintosh computer, with OS version 10.12.3 (latest, released Monday, January 23). Most things seem to be working well. The plugins are all working. I have rendered a scene. The iRay does seem better. What I'm questioning about here are are some items under Lost and Found. 

I think one set is from Victoria 5. Should I uninstall and then reinstall? Or, is there a way to do this within D|S? Is there some way to get D|S to find or recognize and move the items back?

Another item is from Darrin, which I think is a genesis 1 male. Same questions as above.

Also, when I go to the aniBlocks, I get exclamation points inside of picture frames. No little pictures. Same questions as above.

I'm guessing I should try uninstalling and reinstalling, but I want to hear from those who know more than I do.

I'm attempting to attach three files, which I hope will show what I'm talking about.

exclamation points no images.png
    999 x 724 - 98K
    V5 maybe LostandFound.png
    1044 x 535 - 127K
    lost and found items.png
    273 x 262 - 23K

Another comment or two about the new version of D|S I just installed yesterday, 4.9.3.166, Macintosh, 64-bit, with Mac OS verison 10.12.3:

I didn't get all of the trouble with those error messages, thank goodness. I'm glad I got over my great fear.

I find that if I sign in when I start D|S, and then later try to sign out, D|S hangs, and I have to Force Quit.

So, it seems better if I click Work Offline, and then work in D|S. That way, I can quit D|S without it hanging.

So, if I do uninstall and then reinstall items, as mentioned in my previous post, I guess I'll have to do that using the DIM. That sould work, shouldn't it?

I did install DAZ|Studio 4.9.3.166 using the DIM. It was the new DIM. (As soon as I started DIM up, I got the message that there was a new version, and I first installed the new version before I installed DAZ|Studio.)

Question About the New Install Manager:

I have a lot of items appearing in the DIM that I do not want to install, at least not now. (They are largely from RuntimeDNA, which merged with DAZ, and I have previously installed them in another Runtime.)

I don't want to lost them, however, in case I might want to install them within DAZ|Studio later. Can I select them and save them under a filter, and then call up that filter later? I don't know how to do that.

RAMWolff said:

True but if we are a very very low percentile of folks that are experiencing this then findind ANY solution that works is the green light.  For me at least it is.  I'm back up and running fully with the newest version of DS on a brand new rig.  I can't complain! 

OK, RamWolff: Your remarks basically inspired me and got me to overcome my fears, and yield to the temptation. I installed D|S. Thanks for commenting as you did.

• inquire said:

I have a lot of items appearing in the DIM that I do not want to install, at least not now. (They are largely from RuntimeDNA, which merged with DAZ, and I have previously installed them in another Runtime.)

I don't want to lost them, however, in case I might want to install them within DAZ|Studio later. Can I select them and save them under a filter, and then call up that filter later? I don't know how to do that.

You can download them without installing, just uncheck the Install after download option. They will then show up in the Ready To Install tab for whenever you want to install one or more.

inquire said:

You can download them without installing, just uncheck the Install after download option. They will then show up in the Ready To Install tab for whenever you want to install one or more.

Yes, but the thing is I've already got them installed in one or more runtimes for Poser. I probably won't ever want to install them, and they'll just be taking up space on my HD if I download them. 
    On the other hand, when I  buy and want to install something new, it often gets burried somewhere down in the list and I have to search for that item or items. So, I was hoping I could just make the items "go away" by hiding them with a filter. No way to get them to not show up?

• You can hide them on the Ready to Download tab, then it won't show up.

Another Question: For some figures, such as Darius 7, there is included an iRay Legacy Preset, as well as iRay Presets. What is the iRay Legacy Preset? Is it to be used, for example, with D|S 4.8, but if I now have D|S 4.9, I would use the regular iRay Presets?

You can hide them on the Ready to Download tab, then it won't show up.

Still don't get it. (I can be slow to understand.) I can check them and uncheck them, but how do I get to hide them? (I do see the display hidden button.)

One more question: In the new DAZ|Studio, 4.9.3.166, in the Render Settings Tab, I see Spectral Rendering. What is that? How might I utilize this? There's a Conversion Intent and there's an Observer.

Interesting, but what do they mean?

Spectral Rendering.png
    612 x 585 - 63K
  • inquire said:

Still don't get it. (I can be slow to understand.) I can check them and uncheck them, but how do I get to hide them? (I do see the display hidden button.)

Right-click the item you want to Hide, and select Hide Packages (see attached screenshot). To Unhide, you simply check the Display Hidden box next to Download Filters

Hide.jpg
    604 x 408 - 60K
    inquire said:

Right-click the item you want to Hide, and select Hide Packages (see attached screenshot). To Unhide, you simply check the Display Hidden box next to Download Filters

OK. Thank you, Doctor Jellybean. Any way to select a whole lot at a time? On a Mac, I tried holding down the shift key, or command key, or control key, or alt/option key. None of these seems to work. Never mind. I found it.

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308

I have windows 7 and Daz Studio 4.7. Can I upgrade to this newest version 4.9? There is something in the store (Wolf 2) I would like to purchase but it says it's for Daz 4.9. Trying to read up on all the changes DRM, DIM and Daz Connect and it's a bit overwhelming. Couldn't find anything on system requirements. Thanks for reply.

• inquire said:

Another Question: For some figures, such as Darius 7, there is included an iRay Legacy Preset, as well as iRay Presets. What is the iRay Legacy Preset? Is it to be used, for example, with D|S 4.8, but if I now have D|S 4.9, I would use the regular iRay Presets?

Yes, legacy in this context means materials for DS 4.8 - the version of Iray in 4.8 had a bug in its handling of SSS that means some materials needed to be adjusted for the version in 4.9 and vice versa.

• Samanthie said:

I have windows 7 and Daz Studio 4.7. Can I upgrade to this newest version 4.9? There is something in the store (Wolf 2) I would like to purchase but it says it's for Daz 4.9. Trying to read up on all the changes DRM, DIM and Daz Connect and it's a bit overwhelming. Couldn't find anything on system requirements. Thanks for reply.

Yes, you can. You may need to install PostgreSQL and convert your databse if you are still using Valentina.

What about the Lost and Found items and the aniblocks with exclamation points, referred to in my post above. How do I deal with that?

inquire said:
    RAMWolff said:

OK, RAMWolff: Your remarks basically inspired me and got me to overcome my fears, and yield to the temptation. I installed D|S. Thanks for commenting as you did.

Your most welcome!