Daz Studio 4.9.3 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• inquire said:

Suggestion:  It would be very nice of DAZ if, after updating to a newer version, the user were able to choose, in the DIM, "Return to the Previous Version." Would that it impossible for DAZ to accomplish? It would certainly make it a lot easier for someone like myself.

Very few companies if any offer that option, except Microsoft. Even then it is problematic. The best bet would be when a new release appears, to download that as standalone installer from your Product Library in your Web store account and keep it as a backup.

• Pet said:

Well I installed via DIM and now the Infinite Cove that comes with Renderstudio looks awful. I attached an image for you to see, maybe someone can help me.

Is there a way to install the previouse DS version again, I use that cove for most of my renders and need it working.

Petra

Yeah, how do you fix this? My infinite cove from render studio also looks like this after the update. Can't this still get fixed?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139

So, got my new computer up and running.  This little issue won't resolve itself.  So need help with this.... Running the newest DS General release that's why I'm posting here...

Thanks!

Richard

ScreenHunter_03 Jan. 16 16.48.png
    508 x 132 - 14K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    RAMWolff said:

So, got my new computer up and running.  This little issue won't resolve itself.  So need help with this.... Running the newest DS General release that's why I'm posting here...

Thanks!

Richard

This is one reason I haven't upgraded in a while.  I started seeing people complain about issues with PostgreSQL and Windows 10.  Until they can get this fixed, I won't take a chance!

Dana

• 谢谢daz

• RAMWolff said:

Thanks!

Richard

Do you have PostgreSQL installed? Is it running according to Task Manager? If not, does it run when DIM runs? What security software? Which OS?

Hi Richard.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it.  I run Windows 10 Pro.  I use the built in MS security essentials.  I even looked under services after the reinstall and it's not there (Although I don't know what to look for, DAZ or CMS or PostgreSQL

• RAMWolff said:

Hi Richard.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it.  I run Windows 10 Pro.  I use the built in MS security essentials.  I even looked under services after the reinstall and it's not there (Although I don't know what to look for, DAZ or CMS or PostgreSQL

You should see PostgreSQL Server as a Process in Task Manager.

Nope, not there. 

• DM3DDM3D Posts: 133

I am dead in the water with a new installation of DAZ 4.9.3 Pro.  My system is a Windows 10 home OS.  I am installing on an MSI gaming laptop with plenty of power.  I have tried installing via IM as well as manually with the same results.  I stripped all of the content from my computer to do a fresh install since I was having so many issues with the product.  I am unable to navigate the data management features in DAZ.  Interestingly, I will click on a path or even a tab and the tab doesn't work until I move to a new tab.  With data paths, I occassionally see the sub folder path show up but not reliably and it is painfully and disfunctionally slow.  I reimport my installed products only to have them not show up when reopen the product.  My data paths are consistent between IM and DAZ Studio.  I am a VERY experienced DAZ user.  Something seems VERY wrong with this build, at least on my system and OS.   When I try to "logon" through DAZ studio, I get a perpetual processing icon.

System I7-6700HQ CPU, 16GB RAM, 64 BIT Windows 10 Home, NVIDIA GForce 970M, Applications on SSD, Data Storage on HD

​Am I the only one experiencing these issues?

• RAMWolff said:

Nope, not there. 

I've just noticed in your original post about MS security essentials. Are you sure that MS Security Essentials is installed and running? The reason I'm asking is that it's not supposed to run on Windows 10, it has been replaced by Windows Defender.

• DM3D said:

I am dead in the water with a new installation of DAZ 4.9.3 Pro.  My system is a Windows 10 home OS.  I am installing on an MSI gaming laptop with plenty of power.  I have tried installing via IM as well as manually with the same results.  I stripped all of the content from my computer to do a fresh install since I was having so many issues with the product.  I am unable to navigate the data management features in DAZ.  Interestingly, I will click on a path or even a tab and the tab doesn't work until I move to a new tab.  With data paths, I occassionally see the sub folder path show up but not reliably and it is painfully and disfunctionally slow.  I reimport my installed products only to have them not show up when reopen the product.  My data paths are consistent between IM and DAZ Studio.  I am a VERY experienced DAZ user.  Something seems VERY wrong with this build, at least on my system and OS.   When I try to "logon" through DAZ studio, I get a perpetual processing icon.

System I7-6700HQ CPU, 16GB RAM, 64 BIT Windows 10 Home, NVIDIA GForce 970M, Applications on SSD, Data Storage on HD

Interestingly enough, I did a Windows 10 reinstallation 2 weeks ago (I do that every x months or so) and DS 4.9.3 is working fine. Can you add paths in Content Directory Manager and see the installed content?

RAMWolff said:

Nope, not there. 

I've just noticed in your original post about MS security essentials. Are you sure that MS Security Essentials is installed and running? The reason I'm asking is that it's not supposed to run on Windows 10, it has been replaced by Windows Defender.

Yes, sorry, I'm just used to calling it that.... it's Defender

DM3D said:

Interestingly enough, I did a Windows 10 reinstallation 2 weeks ago (I do that every x months or so) and DS 4.9.3 is working fine. Can you add paths in Content Directory Manager and see the installed content?

Thanks for responding so quickly.  I can't even navigate or edit the directory paths in the Content Directory Managment section under Preferences.  I can go into Content DB Mgaintenance and re-import metadata but even though the content shows up imediately suggesting that my paths are correct, the content doesn't readily show up.  It is as if there is a process running that is keeping everything from working properly.  I can't even navigate folders in content library.  Clicking on the tabs just doesn't do anything.  Something is clearly wrong and I've played with this now for a couple of days.  I am ready to give up but I felt like there may be a system bug that needs to be addressed.

• RAMWolff said:
    RAMWolff said:

Nope, not there. 

Yes, sorry, I'm just used to calling it that.... it's Defender

Do you have a firewall installed, or just Defender? Try this just to see if PostgreSQL starts:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & security.
    3. Click on Windows Defender.
    4. Turn off the toggle switch for Real-time protection.

Open DIM, wait a few seconds and shut it down. Wait another few seconds, open DS and see if the message appears. Also open Task Manager and see if PostgreSQL Server is listed as a Process. You can repeat steps 1 - 4 but turn the toggle back on in step 4 afterwards.

• DM3D said:
    DM3D said:

Thanks for responding so quickly.  I can't even navigate or edit the directory paths in the Content Directory Managment section under Preferences.  I can go into Content DB Mgaintenance and re-import metadata but even though the content shows up imediately suggesting that my paths are correct, the content doesn't readily show up.  It is as if there is a process running that is keeping everything from working properly.  I can't even navigate folders in content library.  Clicking on the tabs just doesn't do anything.  Something is clearly wrong and I've played with this now for a couple of days.  I am ready to give up but I felt like there may be a system bug that needs to be addressed.

Ok, open DS and add a path in Content Directory Manager. Click on Help - Troubleshooting - View log and see if anything is logged.

Followed your steps to the letter.  Still had issues.  Even uninstalled and reinstalled again with the protection turned off... nada.  Same issue.  I have to leave for work very soon so if you have any other suggestions shoot them out quickly ....

• RAMWolff said:

Followed your steps to the letter.  Still had issues.  Even uninstalled and reinstalled again with the protection turned off... nada.  Same issue.  I have to leave for work very soon so if you have any other suggestions shoot them out quickly ....

No firewall installed?

Yes, the WIndows Firewall is active

Is there a Firewall bit I can add allowing the CMS to run freely?

• RAMWolff said:

You can try this:

1. Open Control Panel
    2. In the Control Panel select "System and Security"
    3. Now in System and Security select "Windows Firewall"
    4. Turn off Firewall

DM3D said:
    DM3D said:

Ok, open DS and add a path in Content Directory Manager. Click on Help - Troubleshooting - View log and see if anything is logged.

Something is just very wrong with the interface.  When operating in CDM, I can't simply create directories and navigate around.  I was able to create a new data set but not able to define data paths.  It just locks up for a while until I click around.  Some process is clearly running that is tying up the entire interface.   I looked in the log file and it shows that I was able to create the new data set and says path empty because I wasn't able to ever define where the data would be.  The data path in the original data set is OK though.  It takes forever for me to open it but I can see it and it is pointing to my library. 

• DM3D said:
    DM3D said:
    DM3D said:

Something is just very wrong with the interface.  When operating in CDM, I can't simply create directories and navigate around.  I was able to create a new data set but not able to define data paths.  It just locks up for a while until I click around.  Some process is clearly running that is tying up the entire interface.   I looked in the log file and it shows that I was able to create the new data set and says path empty because I wasn't able to ever define where the data would be.  The data path in the original data set is OK though.  It takes forever for me to open it but I can see it and it is pointing to my library. 

Is it just the content interface that is slow? I wonder if this is a video/driver issue.

DM3D said:
    DM3D said:
    DM3D said:

Is it just the content interface that is slow? I wonder if this is a video/driver issue.

I'll check for a new driver but this does not "feel" like a driver issue.  It is as if something is holding up program with each click.  Nothing happens and then I'll click on another item or area and the change I was expecting to see with the first click happens but its not even that reliable.  This is not happening with any other software or process on my system.  Just DAZ.  If I had to guess, I'd say the CMS is constantly looking for something not letting the software execute.  I tried turning off CMS however with no change in performance.  I'm very perplexed and wondering just how many folks have installed the lastest build.  I may try going back to an earlier installation but I understand the CMS has changed substanstially and I just wanted to move forward.

• If you open Task Manager, do you see any Processes which use a lot of CPU and Memory?

• LeilanaLeilana Posts: 16
    kervala said:
    mtl1 said:
    kervala said:
    On my PC, Transfer Utility doesn't work as expected with 4.9.3.166 :(

I'm creating an outfit with Marvelous Designer and exporting it to OBJ, but the fitted figure doesn't keep current morphs of character.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

- Export Genesis 3 body with morphs (for example Height to 105% to have a character measuring 165cm) to OBJ
    - Import OBJ in Marvelous Designer
    - Create outfit and simulate
    - Export outfit to OBJ
    - Import OBJ with DAZ Studio
    - Launch Transfer Utility
    - Scene Item : Genesis 3
    - Item Shape : Current
    - Scene Item : Outfit
    - Check Closest Vertex First (a change with DS 4.9.3)
    - Check Reverse Source Shape From Target
    - Click Accept

The outfit is not fitted and hasn't the right height, I tried exactly the same procedure on another PC with DS 4.9.2 and it works expected.

Please does someone have the same issue ?

Does it exist a fix ?

For the moment, I don't have other choice than copying all DS files from my other computer :s Someone knows how to download DS version 4.9.2 ?

@kervala, is Genesis 3 set to Default or Current in the transfer utility? You did mention that you exported at 105%...

edit: My mistake, you did mention it... hmmmmm.

Indeed, it was set to Current :)

I removed DS 4.9.3 from my PC, reinstalled everything, downloaded DS 4.9.2 and reinstalled it. It works like expected :(

I noticed another bug in DS 4.9.2, but not sure if it's still present in 4.9.3. When we import an OBJ and save the scene, when reloading the scene, the imported object is not at the right place, I have no idea what is causing that :(

I have a test case :

- download http://kervala.net/download/scene_genesis3_bug.duf and http://kervala.net/download/corset_genesis3_bug.zip
    - uncompress corset_genesis3_bug.zip
    - open scene_genesis3_bug.duf in DS
    - import corset_genesis3.obj
    - select "corset_genesis3" in Scene panel
    - right click on "Scene" tab -> "Assets" -> "Transfer Utility"
    - Scene Item : Genesis 3 Female
    - Item Shape : Current
    - Scene Item : corset_genesis3
    - click on "Show Options >>"
    - check "Closest Vertex First" (or not, it doesn't change anything)
    - check "Reverse Source Shape From Target "
    - click on "Accept"

The corset should be at the right place in all previous versions of DS, but at the wrong position in DS 4.9.3.

I have the same problem ... I removed DS 4.9.3 from my PC

RAMWolff said:

You can try this:

1. Open Control Panel
    4. Turn off Firewall

Home from work.  Tried everything you offered, nothing is working.  Why is this PostgreSQL having such a time with creating a positive handshake with my system?  I turned off the Firewall and real time protection, uninstalled PostgreSQL and reinstalled it.  Shut down DIM afterwards, waiting a full minute  and started up DS.... same error message.  I'd really like a fix here.  Thank you! 

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    RAMWolff said:
    RAMWolff said:

You can try this:

1. Open Control Panel
    4. Turn off Firewall

Home from work.  Tried everything you offered, nothing is working.  Why is this PostgreSQL having such a time with creating a positive handshake with my system?  I turned off the Firewall and real time protection, uninstalled PostgreSQL and reinstalled it.  Shut down DIM afterwards, waiting a full minute  and started up DS.... same error message.  I'd really like a fix here.  Thank you! 

I solved the problem uninstalling Reality plug-in. The message goes after that. Anyway, you should note that CMS is working with Reality plug-in installed even the message says it is not.

• RAMWolff said:
    RAMWolff said:

You can try this:

1. Open Control Panel
    4. Turn off Firewall

The only thing I can think of is to uninstall all the plugins, except the ones which are part of DS. If that solved the problem, install the remaining plugins one by one, making sure that the problem hasn't returned after each installation.

Hmmm, buy why would a daz studio plugin cause this?  Seems odd to me and considering that DAZ Studio comes bundled with MOST of the plugins there is no way to tell it not to install that package...