The They Stuck Gears on my Convoy Whinging Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Ai-ee-ko got the power da dhan dhan dhan 

blink

is not Monday already is it?

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Tuesday morning here, iz hot & getting hotter & there are lots of flies & weirdly there is a bot of cloud and those are shaped like flies as well :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited January 2017

I think the banks in my area was closed today.

Edit but I worked today.

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited January 2017

...a bot of cloud = a swarm of mini drones? 

90+ again there today as well (though looks like a "big chill" heading your way on Wednesday).

Still in the 20s here and it will not make it above freezing for the sixth straight day.  Tomorrow looks absolutely ghastly as it will start with freezing rain in the morning then stop for a while before continuing again (just in time for the PM commute) before warming enough to become just plain old rain by late evening.  There is still about 8" - 10" of snow on the ground and most side streets as well as sidewalks are snow/ice packed. 

I have an evnet to go to tomorrow but cancelling out as by the sound of the forecast, it will be one heck of an icy, slippery, slushy, wet mess. Glad I went to market on Friday and stocked up. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • I think the banks in my area was closed today.

Edit but I worked today.

MLK Day

...yeah our transit system is running on reduced schedules with a number of routes (some that go by areas where people still have to work today) not operating.  This should be a "real" holiday for everyone instead of just for bankers, government, and schools. 

However a number of other businesses have been closed due to street conditions from the "Blizzard of '16" last week.  Portland only has a few ploughs which are used mainly to maintain the freeways a few of the main thoroughfares.

I think the banks in my area was closed today.

Edit but I worked today.

MLK Day

Okay I understand that.

kyoto kid said:

...yeah our transit system is running on reduced schedules with a number of routes (some that go by areas where people still have to work today) not operating.  This should be a "real" holiday for everyone instead of just for bankers, government, and schools. 

However a number of other businesses have been closed due to street conditions from the "Blizzard of '16" last week.  Portland only has a few ploughs which are used mainly to maintain the freeways a few of the main thoroughfares.

Scorching north wind here, must be 100 or so in the shade but at least wind iz giving flies a enogh hard time to keep them off me. If you can picture this am often typing in the back of a cab & fingers dont so much hit the screen as the screen hits fingers as the cab rises and falls I guess with some kind of freeway tidal swell :)

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Morning. A mob of Rainbow Lorikeets like blobs of red and blue and yellow paint splashed across the green and gold of our old pear tree making for a technicolour start to the day here :)

Makes me want to see a photo of that scene!

Dana

got some photos somewhere, found one anyhow slurping on our pears !

Pretty birds!

Dana

They make a real racket like a hundred squeaky wheels or a thousand fingernails scratching on a blackboard. The pear tree is three or four times bigger than a normal pyrrus communis & I guess from the numbers there is more than one flock of lorikeets hanging around in the canopy altho is dofficult to see right now, they start at the very treetop and eat their way down over a couple of weeks :)

A great many birds are very pretty in pictures.  Then you experience them in person and they turn into dinosaurs.  Back in a previous century when I was a photographer I had a gig with a guy who trained parrots and the like.  He had a house full of macaws, cockatoos, etc.  My pictures were very pretty but I absolutely loathed being around them.  Noisy, nasty creatures.  Totally turned me off ever having a bird for a pet.  I think the Austrialian Aborigine's word for those little parakeet things is "budgerigar", meaning "good food".  A good thing to do with them if you have millions of them in a harsh and unforgiving land. yes

Just imagine an Austrailian Thanksgiving feast with a hundred sizzling, golden brown birds the size of small walnuts on a platter, all lovingly stuffed with a bread crumb or two.  And you could use the leg bones as toothpicks afterward. devil

You could even cover them in chocolate and sell them at the same place where you get "Crunchy Frog" and "Lark's Vomit" chocolates. indecision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs8KNgT-kqo

There are some real fat pigeons and gulls getting around the city here...

Tennis-based traffic jam complaint. 

edited January 2017

This had popped off the queue, LW render Dont think crocs would swim in water that looks so cool but...

rs2.jpg
    1500 x 628 - 104K
    94.png
    225 x 156 - 14K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    ps1borg said:

This had popped off the queue, LW render Dont think crocs would swim in water that looks so cool but...

Don't know about the water, but the image is cool!   smiley

Dana

ps1borg said:

...I keep forgetting you have that tennis tourney there.  Where I am Curling would be more appropriate right now.

kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:

...I keep forgetting you have that tennis tourney there.  Where I am Curling would be more appropriate right now.

the Laver arena is  three blocks away, the Tennis used to be in the burbs but ot got real big and moved to by the river, is a shame cos the old Kooyong courts are quite pleasant, the new ones are real commercial 

My iPhone's batter is not at full and I think I left my iPhone charger at home complaint.

what do you snack on when composing scenes n rendering?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Celery stalks stuffed with cream cheese and chopped chives,  then cut the celery stalks into bite sized pieces.  

Trail mix  (you can make your own mixture)   but remember that dried fruits are very heavy on the sugar.

Pop corn, but forget the sticky toffee sort.

Nuts and seeds  (sunflower seeds are nice)

cream cheese.  heart  would eat more spinach dip, but i worry about ibs 

was just thinkin, our sun the gas giant, throws it's lil light parts gazillion/trillion miles away, at tus, and when it hits my lil 5' body, i throw a shadow.  me vs the gas giant.  feels almost disrespectful, until the next sunburn. lol

• My iPhone's batter is not at full and I think I left my iPhone charger at home complaint.

Is that how they make iPhones?  They create a batter and bake it?  OMG!!! surprise

My iPhone's batter is not at full and I think I left my iPhone charger at home complaint.

Is that how they make iPhones?  They create a batter and bake it?  OMG!!! surprise

Wouldn't surpise me!  laugh  cheeky 

Dana

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

Hey, batter batter -swing!

MistyMist said:

what do you snack on when composing scenes n rendering?

Whatever I can reach from my chair (pets beware).

Chohole said:

Celery stalks stuffed with cream cheese and chopped chives,  then cut the celery stalks into bite sized pieces.  

Trail mix  (you can make your own mixture)   but remember that dried fruits are very heavy on the sugar.

Pop corn, but forget the sticky toffee sort.

Nuts and seeds  (sunflower seeds are nice)

I see celery more as building material than food.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,139
    edited January 2017

Complaint:  This up & down, freeze/thaw weather is hell on the road surfaces but I suspect that when the bus ahead of you disappears it's time to put on the brakes. enlightened 

And right outside my house is a huge hole getting bigger by the hour.  My windows rattle when a big truck hits it square on. frown  I think I could easily hide a basketball in it now.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

finished my online required learning ladder safety training.
    me ladder climbing dayz are way way waaayyy over.
    standing on swings crying

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

My gutter needs fixing, if anyone fancies climbing a ladder . . . (BTW BYO ladder!)

My gutter needs fixing, if anyone fancies climbing a ladder . . . (BTW BYO ladder!)

well, you'll want your rescue gear rated at minimum 16 kN kilonewtons  

(tee hee silly, i accidentally wrote kilanewtons)

MistyMist said:

well, you'll want your rescue gear rated at minimum 16 kN kilonewtons  

(tee hee silly, i accidentally wrote kilanewtons)

Newtons

Dana

Morning. Sun rising on a darkening sky and scudding overcast caught by the wings of a storm beating on towers and treetops and suddenly befogged elevated freeways :)

61.png
    226 x 174 - 15K
This discussion has been closed.