Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,755

c-ram: Magnificent render; extreme realism achieved!

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    Aye! That's it Mermaid! Thanks to you,I have solve my problem right now!
  • FinnFinn Posts: 24

i wanted to create a ladybird, but something went wrong.

0cube3.jpg
    800 x 500 - 450K
    0domik.jpg
    800 x 500 - 409K
    0kikikik.jpg
    800 x 500 - 332K
    0sloi8.jpg
    800 x 500 - 303K
    0ujytbnbr.jpg
    800 x 500 - 354K
    0utgfytgbvg.jpg
    800 x 500 - 340K
    0uuy65r42.jpg
    800 x 500 - 98K
    0uuyyijuhygtf2.jpg
    800 x 500 - 57K
    0uuyyttrr.jpg
    800 x 500 - 44K
  • C-Ram!! That image is superb! IT has a very realistic feel to it. The vegetation is excellent and the way you've built up the scene is incredible. Do you own speedtree? How does it compare with other plant modelers? How much did it cost? So many questions. Also curious how you lit the scene as always. Brilliant, bar raising work!

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited January 2017

C-Ram!! That image is superb! IT has a very realistic feel to it. The vegetation is excellent and the way you've built up the scene is incredible. Do you own speedtree? How does it compare with other plant modelers? How much did it cost? So many questions. Also curious how you lit the scene as always. Brilliant, bar raising work!

Hi Rashad and thank you! Yes I own speedtree studio 7, it's really the best software when comes the time to build trees. It has got a incredible workflow and with it you can modify each part of the tree you're working on from the trunk to the leaves with an incredible facility. 

This is one of the reason why speedtree is mostly used for the creation of trees in cinematographic productions.

I usually don't build my trees from scratch, I have also buy some models to start working in the software.

There's also  some price to pay : speedtree is very greedy with memory usage and a big tree can devour up to 6 or 8 gb! A simple tree can contain about 4 or 5 millions polygons so, something Bryce is unable to handle. After exporting a model I always load it into meshlab to reduce poly count before importing it into Bryce.

The price for Speedtree studio 7 is about 900 € so, about 955 usd. But the price for Speedtree cinema can grow up to 5 000 dollars, hugh!!

Here I've lit the scene with only Bryce sun. Diffuse at 400 and specular at 350, I am only playing with diffuse and specular value. There no transparency on leaves which means bryce can render this scene in a couple of hours (less than an hour in 600 per 900 pixels @64 rays), that's why I start thinking about rendering a short in this scene.. maybe à simple slow travelling over the high grass/flowers.

Post edited by c-ram on
  • Finn said:

i wanted to create a ladybird, but something went wrong.

Or something went right!

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,755

c-ram: That speedtree looks like an amazing tool. What a pity I don't earn lots of money with my 3D work; don't wanna pay a price like that.

Finn: Quite sure there must be a ladybird hidden there somewhere... Wonderful renders, great mixture of figurative and abstract.

Rashad, Hansmar: thanks guys!

i decided to experiment with web design using Bryce :)

mn.jpg
    811 x 616 - 59K
    ugyg.jpg
    1239 x 621 - 190K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988

Finn - all your renders are unusual, a mix of abstract and surrealism.

edited January 2017

Mermaid, i dreamed to build such things in reality. in future i will buy some land and give freedom to my desires. but first i should become a billionaire. hm.. i go to build an altar to Dark Gods, it should help me.. i believe.   while nurses don't see.

Post edited by Finn on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    Jamahoney said:

So naturall, Horo.

As to the others.,...excellent contributions also...continue to explore/share/impress...so wonderful to see the range of expertise.

Jay

edited January 2017

Finn - I agree with Mermaid, and somewhat dark also - the abstract, the unusual, however, is always welcome in this world of sometimes boring...etc.,. You remind me of that wonderul film 'Girl Interrupted'...so strive on to be a (if preferable) good, caring, responsible and understandible individual. They are few around.!

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on

i will see this movie, thanks Jay. in my country this film has name "interrupted life".

edited January 2017

Finn

While I haven't seen an 'Interrupted Life', I would certainly recommend 'Girl Interrupted'.

Cheers

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on

Jay, Girl interrupted and Interrupted life are the same film. i say that in my country it has another name.

Kk...okay :)

• vivienvivien Posts: 184

Dave - That is truly a beautiful render. I'm glad you have enlarged it so I can see more of the details.

Slepalex - Very nice lighthouse image. I like the water.

Horo -  I just purchased your sunless sky. Cant wait to use it, I was reading the conversation between you and slepalex about clouds and now I'm totally confused. All I is that nature sometimes produces patterns that we cannot put into any category or equation. Thats why I love your  mountain render. It looks alive

Mermaid - Nice improvement on your winter scene.

C- Ram . As always magnificent render. So realistic. Love it.

Finn - They are all so unique and interesting looking... Really like them.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111

Finn - the ladybird is well hidden wink. Interesting renders, there's no limit what Bryce can be used for.

Vivien - thank you!

Horo - i needed a semisphere for ladybird, but i didnt find how to cut sphere in two pieces in Bryce, so i made her cubic and hid behind ice so that others couldnt see her and she could eat up her cake.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

indecision ....thats all im going to say!

Vivien - thanks, I'm working on a 3rd version of my winter scene laughblush

Tim - hope to see your work soon.

Mermaid, how to make snow like on your winter?

Finn - It's from the Pro Materials (assuming you have the latest version of Bryce) Glass and Ice. the last material Pack Ice. I increased the frequency in the Transformation tools. Hope this helps.

snowmat.jpg
    669 x 501 - 64K
    edited January 2017

i meant falling snow, sorry for not precise question

Post edited by Finn on
  • launoklaunok Posts: 778
    edited January 2017

Everyone’s so helpful and shared files with me, I really appreciate that. It also made me realize my own limitations, so I enjoy using Bryce without getting frustrated, but at the same time inspired by all the beautiful artwork to try a bit harder. Thanks All.smileyyes

The winter scene re-rendered

This is absolutely great!  I gave my first try making a snow scene but absolutely much unrealistic.  It's not a patch to your terrain.  I made use of the snow mats in Bryce for the terrain and falling snow I got from a site Bryce5 or something.  You mentioned above to Finn you have used a snow mat but I assume it's not those presets already in Bryce or part of a product for sale!?  Are those footprints in your snow terrain?  How do one make such prints? Unfortunately I can only use Bryce's presets and not from products for sale.  Here is my very lame try of snow! blush  The 2 mountains at the back are from a snow scene I got free during the December giveaway - a winter Bryce scene.  

snow scene.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 710K
    Post edited by launok on

tell me please how to make falling snow

Finn said:

tell me please how to make falling snow

Finn, I have not made the falling snow in my render but got the material online. I will send you the link later, have to go and search for it.
    @Finn. www.bryce5.com

thanks a lot, Launok, i have found snow there.

edited January 2017
    Finn said:

i meant falling snow, sorry for not precise question

Finn - I think you found a falling snow material, anyway the one in my render is the Snow Cube from Horo and David's product http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-environments-inclement-weather

Post edited by mermaid010 on
This discussion has been closed.