Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,940
    edited January 2017

After following Hansmar’s suggestion, my 3rd winter scene render. Thanks Hansmar.yes

winter4d.jpg
    800 x 400 - 69K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • launoklaunok Posts: 774
    edited January 2017

A quick render with neon light.  The original Bryce file show the neon light quite bright.  When convert to jpg, even on max quality, you can't see brightness of neon clearly.

render night.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 301K
    town street plan38.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 221K
    Post edited by launok on
  • launok said:

A quick render with neon light.  The original Bryce file show the neon light quite bright.  When convert to jpg, even on max quality, you can't see brightness of neon clearly.

Nice! I imagine this took some time to set up and arrange, all the various models. I like the way you've found reasons to introduce some light into the night time version, such as the headlights on the truck.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,740

mermaid010: The scene is getting better together. Well done.

launok:  Great scene and very nice lighted renders!

Launok - for a novice you are doing awesome work in Bryce. smileyyes

Hansmar - thanks

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,056

Mermaid - getting better at each iteration.

launok - well put together scene.

edited February 2017

Horo –thanks for the comment. I experimented with Ambient Occlusion and Clay Renders, you  mentioned on page 2, using the pdf you have on your site. I don’t think this render is what was intended but I like the effect. Thanks

ao-clay.jpg
    500 x 500 - 19K
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited February 2017

mermaid 010, good lighting.

Post edited by Slepalex on

Mermaid - looks very good. Try to bring in a more complicated object, like a Stanford dragon, for instance. Just something that has no smooth surface.

• launoklaunok Posts: 774
    edited February 2017

I am now done with this scene - time to move on.  Since I have started playing more with lighting I take this one a bit in "overdrive mode", if I can put it like this.   Last night I started to play also with the mat ambience as seen on the letters but it wasn't so easy as some letters have too much glow making them appear fatter, i.e. Dunkin and some colours not quite the same.  I have used the 'mat' settings next to each letter wireframe, thus done them one by one.  When I have to choose the colour I couldn't get the exact, precise tone.

NIGHT SCENE2A.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 321K
    NIGHT SCENE2B.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 306K
    Post edited by launok on

Looks very good, launok!

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

Launok, Your neon signs came out great, well done.

launok - well done.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 842
    edited February 2017

@Mermaid010: Cute winter scene and nice occlusion light study.

@Launok: Looks good.

I made a study of an ordinary man with DAZ3D Buzz hair and Unshaven.TA render with a render time about 35 minutes.

Ordinary guy

study_man.jpg
    700 x 700 - 333K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

Electro-Elvis...Nice pose & expression, but those wrinkles in the shirt are awesome.

edited February 2017

Night of the Comet.

New Mother Nature2.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 388K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Thanks a lot S Ray. The credit belongs to the modeller of Eldritch Seeker Package in DAZ3D Studio. Really a good model. Love your night sky and the atmosphere.

Electro-Elvis - At the first moment, I thought it was a photograph. Excellent render.

S Ray - now that the aspect ratio is correct, your comet render is awesome.

Thanks a lot S Ray. The credit belongs to the modeller of Eldritch Seeker Package in DAZ3D Studio. Really a good model. Love your night sky and the atmosphere.

Thanks the comet is the favorite part of the pic for me.
    The figure is Poser's 10 Roxie with my custom textures and morphs added. The hair & wreath is Mada Hair by goldtassel. I must say it was very challenging getting the 7 different transparency maps assigned correctly to each individual hair object, since Bryce does not bring in trans maps when figures are exported from Poser.

Horo said:

Electro-Elvis - At the first moment, I thought it was a photograph. Excellent render.

S Ray - now that the aspect ratio is correct, your comet render is awesome.

Thank for the coments. Also for fixing the aspect ratio for me Horo

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376

Nice renders from nice Brycers!

Electro elvis : very nice character! I like it!

Another work using the fabulous speedtree software. I've build all this trees and their bark are made of photos I've made myself in a forest. Sunlight diffusion at 800/1000, T.A 36 rays with boost light and scatering correction.

Forest Stream.jpg
    720 x 1000 - 1M

Wasn't me, probably chohole did it.

Electro-Elvis: Very good looking normal man. Shirt is great, as is the texture of the arms. I think for me the boundaries between beard/moustache and skin are too sharp. Maybe you can 'sink' the beard/moustache a little into the skin, so that there is not that much shadow under the moustache part?

S Ray: Great render. The skin colour is a kind of eerie to me; bit greenish, in this light.

c-ram: Fantastic woods render, unbelievably detailed. What a pity that Speedtree comes at such a price.

• vivienvivien Posts: 184

Finn - Nice interpretation of the floating island

Atlantis - The title really suits the gloomy atmosphere. Nicely done

Mermaid - Not that I know much about lighting, but listening to the experts it makes sense, nevertheless you did a very good job. And the winter scene is improving with every modification you are doing to it. Well done

Electro- Elvis - Strong characters. I like them.

Dave - I really like Peter's face. Makes a lovely Valentines card

Slepales - So vast. Great landscape render.

Chohole - Thanks for sharing Carlo Traversi's work. I had a look at the website, he has some really impressive work.

Launok - A totally different feeling to the render introducing the neon lights. Wonderful result.

S Ray - Lovely comet render. I like her expression.

C-Ram - It's always exciting to see your name with a new render attachment. Needless to say you have managed to produce a perfect and realistic scene as always. Love everything about it.

c-ram - outstanding forest scene. Not much else to say than that it is perfect.

Slepalex - thanks

Horo - thanks I'll give it a try with another model.

Launok - Awesome renders, very impressive work.

Electro-elvis - thanks, great render, cool pose.

S Ray - the comet render is very nice

C-ram - another stunning render, very photorealistic.

Vivien - thanks

edited February 2017

A re-render of the fruitbowl – using help I got from Slepalex. Thanks I really appreciate your help.

fruitbow-alex.jpg
    800 x 600 - 185K

Mermaid - Fruitbowl looks very nice, quite an improvement from the first try.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

A re-render of the fruitbowl – using help I got from Slepalex. Thanks I really appreciate your help.

mermaid010,already is better, but not good enough.
    It is all about material of apples or lighting. Material of apples looks like a peach with SSS (subsurface scattering). Apples should not be SSS.
    1. Check the material of apples. Make Ambience = 0, and possibly reduce the Diffusion.
    AND / OR
    2. Reduce slightly Diffuse and Specular in right and left (main) light source. Or maybe you need to reduce the brightness of all the sources. In a frontal source it is possible to make Diffuse = 0,5. 

mermaid010: Looks quite nice, but more can indeed be done. Slepalex is the master in this kind of still life, so always listen very carefully to him! I guess the fruit at the back is supposed to be a lemon? I think this is too light (almost shining). Maybe reduce diffuse in the material for that one (I guess quite a bit of reduction is possible). And perhaps play with the bump settings (probably increase) for that one too.

This discussion has been closed.