The They Stuck Gears on my Convoy Whinging Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678

Told my mum that I wanted to have a deep uninterupted conversation starting Sunday at 4:40 PM.   However I think she has something she might want to watch at that time.

• OMG, first we endeavor to obtain digital cartoons, then we endeavor to obtain digital realism then we endeavor to obtain digital fake realism.  surprise

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Told my mum that I wanted to have a deep uninterupted conversation starting Sunday at 4:40 PM.   However I think she has something she might want to watch at that time.

Guessing what the sporting event is, there was a time (probably 20-odd years ago now) that I'd have stayed up to watch it. I was nominally a Cowboys supporter, since the company I worked for back then had an office in Dallas and I went out there a few times. But it goes on till 4am and these days I simply can't be arsed. I recorded it last year, but I still haven't watched it. It's a sport I much prefer to see live. The NFL has a few exhibition games in the UK during the summer (slightly shorter pitch since they have to convert regular football stadia), and I've enjoyed those the times I got to go. :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Guessing what the sporting event is, there was a time (probably 20-odd years ago now) that I'd have stayed up to watch it. I was nominally a Cowboys supporter, since the company I worked for back then had an office in Dallas and I went out there a few times. But it goes on till 4am and these days I simply can't be arsed. I recorded it last year, but I still haven't watched it. It's a sport I much prefer to see live. The NFL has a few exhibition games in the UK during the summer (slightly shorter pitch since they have to convert regular football stadia), and I've enjoyed those the times I got to go. :)

AS a Rugby Fan I will stay out of this conversation.  Real men play rugby.

I found an old laptop I got at Best Buy in Richmond, but I do not use it as it is giving me problems.  Trying to decide what to do with it.  I have another laptop that needs a lot of new stuff to work.

Chohole said:

I was excused rugby at school. I guess that says a lot!

(it was actually cos I broke my neck at the age of 7. Not a lot of people know this, but my head is held on with duct tape . . .)

Chohole said:

(it was actually cos I broke my neck at the age of 7. Not a lot of people know this, but my head is held on with duct tape . . .)

No wonder your avatar does not have a neck (or actually a body either)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163
    edited January 2017

Complaint:  After two days of thawing & almost warmish weather (40s to 50s Farenheit) our slush has been heavily rained upon, and settled into placid smoothness and now frozen as the temperature heads back into the nether regions.  So my driveway is now an inclined skating rink.  I was able to get my car out and back up this afternoon before it froze hard but tonight the other tenant went out to get a pizza and couldn't get back up the driveway when he returned.  So now his car is stuck sideways at a 45 degree angle between the house and the fence on the other side of the driveway, three quarters of the way up the drive.  Good thing I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow.   I offered him my jug of salt mixed with tiny stone grit.  It's what I use get across the driveway when I have to walk to town.  But he turned it down, then took his pizza, left the car where it sat and went into his apartment.  I think I'm going to sleep late tomorrow morning so I don't have to hear him "explain" to the car what he wants it to do so he can go to work.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

tea time 

sakura tree pretty

cant remember khajit legs.

anyone scene a khajit caravan ?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    Tjohn said:

Marvelous...

...nice.

The sun is attempting to poke through the clouds here too. The northern half of the country has a dusting of snow, with the usual consequences (hasn't reached me down here though. The thermometer claims it's 2 degrees.)

...I remember the last time we had a big snowstorm here about 8 years ago, most of the vehicles that went off the road and got stuck were SUVs.

Pixel8ted said:

Here in KCMO area...looking forward to the big game. We are awaiting an ice storm...starting this afternoon but worst to come Sat and Sun morning.  Ah, sweet a reporter just called the upcoming game which is Sun the "ice bowl".  I'll be watching from home...good thing because they say they are going to get the ice off the stairs and parking lot but the seats are the responsibility of the ticket holder.  I hope they have a "there is ice in my seat cam". LOL.

I'm thinking those attending will be reduced to grabbing plastic knives and sporks to scrape off their seat...as I don't imagine they are going to let them in with ice scrappers. 

..as I understand they moved kickoff time to the evening.

Pixel8ted said:

i guess we gettin close to superbowl?

MistyMist said:

my circulation feels sluggish, fingers coooold

Yes...Divisional round this weekend with games on 14th and 15th; Conference round  both games on Jan 22; Super Bowl Feb 5.

...yeah Green Bay is at Dallas earlier on Sunday.  They win, and hey play either Atlanta or Seattle the following week in the NFC title game.

Hmmmm,  Green Bay and Kansas City in the Superbowl?  A rematch fo the first ever world championship that has been over a half century in the making. Would be interesting.  Back then, KC was in the old AFL.

Chohole said:

...yes

(...or Aussie Rules Football)

Chohole said:

..ahh Duct Tape.  Saved the Apollo 13 crew as well.

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited January 2017
    kyoto kid said:
    Pixel8ted said:

Here in KCMO area...looking forward to the big game. We are awaiting an ice storm...starting this afternoon but worst to come Sat and Sun morning.  Ah, sweet a reporter just called the upcoming game which is Sun the "ice bowl".  I'll be watching from home...good thing because they say they are going to get the ice off the stairs and parking lot but the seats are the responsibility of the ticket holder.  I hope they have a "there is ice in my seat cam". LOL.

I'm thinking those attending will be reduced to grabbing plastic knives and sporks to scrape off their seat...as I don't imagine they are going to let them in with ice scrappers. 

..as I understand they moved kickoff time to the evening.

Yes, they just moved it to the evening. My husband came up to me and my daughter and introduced the topic by announcing that an something of apocalyptic proportions had happened. I'm like what and then he's telling me about the game change.  I was expecting a much bigger announcement so had to laugh. He's like but think of the Pittsburg fans hotels + plane schedules + TV scheduling. I had to do an eye roll on that last one. Anyway, I'm picturing a bunch of gumbling steeler fans tailgaiting all afternoon due to event time change in Arrowhead parking....then again at the price of parking at Arrowhead they should appreciate the whole parking lot experience.

Post edited by Pixel8ted on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    Chohole said:
    MistyMist said:

gears are exciting.

grommets are pretty exciting too.  no one is making songs about grommets :/

Would Gromit do

Is it possible to get that clay-mation look in studio?

sub surface scattering will give you a plasticine type look :)

Pixel8ted said:

MistyMist said:

Yes...Divisional round this weekend with games on 14th and 15th; Conference round  both games on Jan 22; Super Bowl Feb 5.

haz been stormy today

73.png
    215 x 177 - 16K
    edited January 2017
    Pixel8ted said:

MistyMist said:

cricket here again *sigh*

c.jpg
    354 x 142 - 11K
    Post edited by ps1borg on

...heh heh so true.

I have a cousin who lives not far away from Arrowhead right off the Blue Ridge Cutoff.

edited January 2017
    Chohole said:

2 inches or so here 

no so different here 'cept iz hot instead

cr.jpg
    800 x 269 - 63K
    edited January 2017

OMG, first we endeavor to obtain digital cartoons, then we endeavor to obtain digital realism then we endeavor to obtain digital fake realism.  surprise

wcby.jpg
    220 x 378 - 35K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    ps1borg said:
    Chohole said:

2 inches or so here 

Is fun when the shops are at the bottom of the road.  Easier to get down to them than to get back up lugging the shopping

Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    Chohole said:

2 inches or so here 

Is fun when the shops are at the bottom of the road.  Easier to get down to them than to get back up lugging the shopping

They should install a communal winch at the top of the hill . . .

Chohole said:

No wonder your avatar does not have a neck (or actually a body either)

Yup, I am just a nose, and everything else is draped over and tied with string. Yet despite all that, it is an uncanny likeness!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163
    edited January 2017
    Chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    Chohole said:

2 inches or so here 

They should install a communal winch at the top of the hill . . .

I'm confused... how would a prostitute help????

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,003

Winch?

My pencil is too dull but I cannot keep it sharp.   I need to write instead of complain about my pencil.

This discussion has been closed.