The They Stuck Gears on my Convoy Whinging Complaint Thread

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited May 2017 in The Commons

This discussion was created from comments split from: The OMG It is 2017 This thread's end is Nigh Complaint Thread..

Post edited by Mistara on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Oh my green peppers we are on page 100!

Must mean the end is very, very close.

Now why can't we get to 100 on the "Last Person to Comment" thread over in the PC+ forum?

No clue.  I missed work because my taxi refused to pick me up

yoo snowed in?

my taxi service 'on the loose - greenlawn' always busy when i need em the most

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678
    MistyMist said:

Oh my green peppers we are on page 100!

Must mean the end is very, very close.

Now why can't we get to 100 on the "Last Person to Comment" thread over in the PC+ forum?

No clue.  I missed work because my taxi refused to pick me up

yoo snowed in?

my taxi service 'on the loose - greenlawn' always busy when i need em the most

yeah that is why I ordered pizza.  I am upset that I messed up or the site messed up.   I am on the phone to see what can be done if anything.  Probably nothing but it is worth trying just in case.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2017

I use a little local Taxi firm,  they are ever so helpful, and I even know a couple of the drivers, so they always try and send me the ones I know if they can, as they know I use taxis cause I am on my own now and can't really afford to run a car.

Post edited by Chohole on

yayy gears

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,002
    edited January 2017

I was typing when the thread split, now I can't remember what it was. 

Post edited by TJohn on
    Chohole said:

I use a little local Taxi firm,  they are ever so helpful, and I even know a couple of the drivers, so they always try and send me the ones I know if they can, as they know I use taxis cause I am on my own now and can't really afford to run a car.

My taxi is a local company with only two drivers to my knowledge, A mother and son.  The mother is the usual driver and she is very nice but the son is a little more strict.  Not saying he is not nice but he always complains if I have a drink with me but his mum allows me to bring drinks with me.  It is so confusing.

ps1borg said:

MistyMist said:

whuz a good thigh bend sideways max limit for aiko7?  kimits didnt transfer, having to type em.  the default dont look good 

I use max 10 - 15 degrees

tysmiley

the y/z swap tizz confuzing

i finished the right leg, halfway thru the left leg.

like 30 out of a 173 , lotta roration limits

Tjohn said:

zebras?

Chohole said:

My taxi is a local company with only two drivers to my knowledge, A mother and son.  The mother is the usual driver and she is very nice but the son is a little more strict.  Not saying he is not nice but he always complains if I have a drink with me but his mum allows me to bring drinks with me.  It is so confusing.

You would have laughed last time I booked a cab.  I had arranged for him to pick me up,  run me down to the Post Office,  wait while I drew some money out and then posted the Christmas cards, including 2 which were airmail and one Recorded delivery letter, so that took a few minutes,  and then he ran me home again.  We then had an argument cos I gave him the normal fare as I saw it, and he said it was too much.  I won in the end, he took the extra.

What is the cheapest DO that is not PC?

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    MistyMist said:

ps1borg said:

MistyMist said:

whuz a good thigh bend sideways max limit for aiko7?  kimits didnt transfer, having to type em.  the default dont look good 

tysmiley

can you turn on limits globally and load a pose with limits set? 

I am so full.  Does anyone want any pizza?   I wish I could share it with everyone here but it is impossible other than in thought.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    Tjohn said:

comfy new thread :)

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

http://www.daz3d.com/retro-and-junkyard-jetpacks

Zylox said:

That did not show up for me as it shows that I got it already.  I ended up getting http://www.daz3d.com/organix-cocoon

Zylox said:

That did not show up for me as it shows that I got it already.  I ended up getting http://www.daz3d.com/organix-cocoon

Does the little green guy come with that?

Chohole said:
    Zylox said:

Does the little green guy come with that?

Doubt it but I do not know.  I have not been able to check it out.  Hopefully I can get my computer problem solved soon so I can find out.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited January 2017
    Chohole said:
    Chohole said:

You would have laughed last time I booked a cab.  I had arranged for him to pick me up,  run me down to the Post Office,  wait while I drew some money out and then posted the Christmas cards, including 2 which were airmail and one Recorded delivery letter, so that took a few minutes,  and then he ran me home again.  We then had an argument cos I gave him the normal fare as I saw it, and he said it was too much.  I won in the end, he took the extra.

..that's rare, A cabbie who argued for a lower fare. 

One time while at the pub I went to after work, the bartender accidentally called one of the "other" cab companies we had in town than the usual one I rode.  After getting in, I gave the driver the address and the route to take (which was the most simple and direct).  In spite of my explicit directions he said he knew a "better" way and proceeded to take me far north of the usual route to home, the fare for which was significantly more than what I was usually charged by the cab service I regularly used. The route he took also involved several long red lights (during which the meter continued to tick off money while we waited) which the direct one avoided. 

When we finally got to my destination, I gave him the exact fare I would normally had been charged had he taken the route I suggested (sans tip of course) and told him I was not going to pay a dime more for the circuitous trip which he took on purpose just to get a higher fare out of me (I found out later that this was somewhat of a frequent complaint others had with that company).

The next time I was at that pub I told them the story and to only call the cab company I regularly used instead, even if it meant a longer wait.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

I want to go to bed but sometimes when I go to bed too early I wake up later in the night and stay up for a few hours unitl I can go back to sleep.   I probably should brush my teeth before going to bed.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited January 2017

...crikey I really should have become a weather forecaster. 

They said it wouldn't snow until next Sunday.  However about a half hour ago, I received a new weather alert that beginning tomorrow through Wednesday we were going to get more snow and possibly ice again (after it was just supposed to be cold and dry all week).  Apparently it seems to be shaping up to possibly be one of those "perfect storms" (like we had  8 years ago) in that three different low pressure systems are about to converge on the region. That combined storm dumped on 19" of snow which paralysed the city for more than a week. Of course I'd take that again over the 1/2" - 1" of ice we just dealt with (which finally melted off here in the city centre).

Must be a charmed life to keep messing up like this and not get sacked. You would think with all those millions in radar, satellites, and supercomputers used to track and model weather patterns they'd be able to get it right at least a decent part of the time.

Need to head to the market for a few extra essentials just in case.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:

ps1borg said:

MistyMist said:

tysmiley

can you turn on limits globally and load a pose with limits set? 

constraints = full 

5 point cut!

got so sidetracked have to recatchup on the video editsing

bushes look like frosted cupcakes out my window
    basil growing on my window sil smiley

20170108_snow142411.jpg
    900 x 1600 - 326K
    20170108_basil142823.jpg
    900 x 1600 - 194K

So you live in the suburbs.  What a strange word to me.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,002
    edited January 2017

Well I went to bed earlier than usual. Awake earlier than usual now, yet I don't feel any healthier, wealthier or wiser.

Ben, you silly old sob...

Post edited by TJohn on
    Tjohn said:

Well I went to bed earlier than usual. Awake earlier than usual now, yet I don't feel any healthier, wealthier or wiser.

Yeah,  never seemed to do much for me when I was working, except make it difficult to have much of a social life.

Chohole said:
    Tjohn said:

Yeah,  never seemed to do much for me when I was working, except make it difficult to have much of a social life.

I tried that but did not help much.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

So what is this "wealth"?

edited January 2017

Boss just came in so guess what?   But Starbucks is still closed.

Edit guess those two statements are not related as I do not work for Starbucks

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • kyoto kid said:

...crikey I really should have become a weather forecaster. 

They said it wouldn't snow until next Sunday.  However about a half hour ago, I received a new weather alert that beginning tomorrow through Wednesday we were going to get more snow and possibly ice again (after it was just supposed to be cold and dry all week).  Apparently it seems to be shaping up to possibly be one of those "perfect storms" (like we had  8 years ago) in that three different low pressure systems are about to converge on the region. That combined storm dumped on 19" of snow which paralysed the city for more than a week. Of course I'd take that again over the 1/2" - 1" of ice we just dealt with (which finally melted off here in the city centre).

Must be a charmed life to keep messing up like this and not get sacked. You would think with all those millions in radar, satellites, and supercomputers used to track and model weather patterns they'd be able to get it right at least a decent part of the time.

Need to head to the market for a few extra essentials just in case.

Well, even the mice and the robot with a brain the size of a planet didn't predict the Vogon's need for an intergalactic bypass necessitating the destruction of the Earth.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,470

Haven't ridden in a cab since I was in Junior High school when I caught a ride with my Granddad who I was'nt close to all all, to meet my mom at his house. Twas a strange experience to be sitting in the back like a stranger. I never did really get close to that guy, but then I was adopted and several of his kids lived right beside him and all their kids got all his Grandpa magic I reckon.

This discussion has been closed.