The Twinkies and Lime Jello Complaint Thread -- Now With More Squirrels!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,707
    edited December 2012

i still don't understand rendering for lines per inch vs dots(or pixels) per inch.

even when people try to explain, it's like, say what?

As I understand it, lines per inch is a setting for halftones - as opposed to pixels, which are used by screens, and dots, which define the physical spacing of ink drops. I believe the advice is to make your PPI about twice your LPI, the LPI will generally be much lower then the pronter's DPI as it takes an area of several ink dots to allow for the required variation in size to get a proper halftone screen that can show a decent number of levels of grey. That didn't help at all, did it?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Hot and stormy under a slate grey sky so far here today :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...woke up this morning to a light dusting of snow. All gone now.

Been discussing world building with a friend most of the morning.

Sun is out so need to hit the road soon for a bit o' shopping before the next bout of wet (or maybe white) stuff hits.

SadieTeenLeelaFlutterbyQueen drop

aw teh cute :)

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    Been discussing world building with a friend most of the morning.

Fer cryin' out loud, don't tell me you ordered one of those Terraforming machines I keep seeing them selling on The Home Shopping Network... Those things suck, they barely could terraform a parking lot. I keep getting those every year from at least one of my friends and they can't even get a coating of algae going on an asteroid... Never get the Harbor Freight one either... that one doesn't even have a class M setting... How can you terraform something if it's got no earth setting!? It's actually good if you breathe methane dioxide though and okay for sulfur ketones too... but no earth setting.
    I'm oxygen biased... sorry if anyone here breathes other gases.

I'm bored... I waiting for Poser to finish a horribly bad promo render I'm making...

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited December 1969

I told my group home leader that I do not want to download any illegal anything. she got mad at me claiming I was being smart.

She doesn't know you like we do :)

edited December 1969

@Salvatore: dreams can be a fertile source of all kinds of things.. mine remind me of Giger on acid sometimes (lol) with melting people and the works.. probably really disturbing to others. But, what the heck! Next time I'll get up for a while and see if it breaks the dream-cycle.

Almost time to go home and play one of my guitars! :cheese: Only 3 more work days and I get 5 days off! Wheeeee! :cheese:

Was listening to a short track by you called Synasthesia before, I'm afraid my own synasthesia might have been getting worse, but then it is the one thing I can say for sure that scares the pants off me, so is hard to tell. Oh well, I'll see what the experts have to say tomorrow :)

edited December 1969

Salvatore said:
    ps1borg said:
    Salvatore said:
    Hmm, on this side of the globe I've been complaining 1 1/2 months already, contemplating my winter depressions caused by coldness slippery wetness, and for 2 weeks I've been stating that all has become serious,,,, but, I'm still waiting for my first suffering, so maybe this year I'm having a 6 months worth of senseless complaining in vain,,,,,

Aw well, keeps a guy busy,,,, :smirk:

After midnight and just cool enough to sit outside in the shade of a moonless sky, it will surely be your turn soon :)

Sweet of you to say so, feeling better already :) , laying totally comfy on a couch myself at the moment, sipping coffee while making sure a 3 year old is save asleep, while the dad is getting cigarets, cute stuff !

teh cuteness is always a blessing hey :)

edited December 1969

I do not understand some concepts arrgh!

hehe seems the older I get the longer the list of stuff I don't understand grows :)

edited December 2012

Rezca said:
    I don't drink wine myself, but...

A new Nightwish item, Imaginaerum wine, will be launched during 2012. Originating from Central Spain, this wine is brave and robust by style. The label of the bottle is based on the song “The Crow, The Owl And The Dove” from the Imaginaerum album. Further information and news about the wine can be found at http://www.nightwishwine.com/ . The wine is produced in co-operation with Tuomas Meriluoto, a Finnish Master of Wine.

Tuomas Holopainen:
    “It is my personal passion for wine and this perfect marriage of music and lovely earthy delight that made us want to come up with a wine of our own. Whether it’s a romantic moment by a campfire, an occasion to celebrate Life itself or some serious Byronesque drinking, Imaginaerum Wine is what you need.”

looks sweet :)

eta temporary end of spam :red:

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I told my group home leader that I do not want to download any illegal anything. she got mad at me claiming I was being smart.

Thanks, you are so nice.

edited December 2012

I'm still messing around with my promo...
    My Poser runtime is such a mess, I couldn't find K4 Kiddies, so I just used Kate... I dunno, she kinda scares me... she seems to have a big forehead... ?
    Definitely Simon's kid...
    Anyway... Frankenkid is holding my Xmas freebie... well, it's in the box....

RBO_P1a.jpg
    1220 x 838 - 216K
    Post edited by McGyver on
    edited December 1969

By the way, I hope Ledhead is doing okay... hope the news about the protrusion, is good.

I really thought about how to state that and the sad thing is, that is the best I could do... every way I started to write that, it sounded like I was wishing the lump good health... It's a good thing I never became a doctor, my bedside manner is terrible.

Either way, I hope Ledhead is doing well and in good spirits...

edited December 2012

By the way, I hope Ledhead is doing okay... hope the news about the protrusion, is good.

I really thought about how to state that and the sad thing is, that is the best I could do... every way I started to write that, it sounded like I was wishing the lump good health... It's a good thing I never became a doctor, my bedside manner is terrible.

+1.

Great promo :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Thanks, you are so nice.

Welcome. Heh lazy today, looked at all the uninstalling and reinstalling needed to refresh a Studio and Genesis install and suddenly found myself outside amongst the perfumed flowers in our garden instead :)

edited December 1969

Thanks ps1borg!

I forgot to add the pix of what's in the box...

Doh!

RBO_P2a.jpg
    1209 x 836 - 262K
    edited December 1969

My hard drive is full and I am trying to condense my files so I can free more space until I can get another hdd.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i still don't understand rendering for lines per inch vs dots(or pixels) per inch.

even when people try to explain, it's like, say what?

As I understand it, lines per inch is a setting for halftones - as opposed to pixels, which are used by screens, and dots, which define the physical spacing of ink drops. I believe the advice is to make your PPI about twice your LPI, the LPI will generally be much lower then the pronter's DPI as it takes an area of several ink dots to allow for the required variation in size to get a proper halftone screen that can show a decent number of levels of grey. That didn't help at all, did it?

say what?

when i do the autoset for lines per inch to 'best', it resamples resolution from 72 to 800

resolution.jpg
    994 x 324 - 80K
    edited December 1969

Thanks ps1borg!

I forgot to add the pix of what's in the box...

Doh!

propane?

would cook a lot quicker than my old easy bake oven cooked by the heat of a light bulb. :)

and with the drastic cake mix box shrinkage, one mix should just bout fill an easy bake cake tin.

the economy has been hard on ole Betty.

edited December 1969

When the plastic catches fire the additional heat helps the cake bake quicker....

Box pix...

RBO_P3a.jpg
    1250 x 781 - 279K
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

extremely garlic-y garlic bread, can feel garlic aromatizing my pores - complaint on behalf of people on my bus in the morning

edited December 1969

Well, at least you won't have to worry about old school vampires...

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

+1.
    +2.
    edited December 1969

Well, at least you won't have to worry about old school vampires...

lol
    edited December 2012

Can't tell you how mind numbingly boring it is uninstalling all the Genesis Morphs and finding their updated versions in an itemised order history that can't be auto-searched. Like any good IT graduate I'm executing a needlesort algo on an ordered list, but with my fingers on a KB? Can't be right?

eta Does anyone know what the S3 and F3 and S4 and F4 morphs for genesis are called in the store? etta n/m they must be GenX morphs *sigh*

timestamp for finishing uninstalls. Ready to install Studio, GenX, Infinito and animation tools 14:31 AEDT. Two hours prep wow! I guess is something I haven't done before, bound to be slow.

timestamp for installing Studio and etc and first launch 14:54 AEDT.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    ps1borg said:

+1.

+2.

+3

edited December 2012

Ledhead said:
    M F M said:
    ps1borg said:

+1.

+2.

+3

I must admit you guys kinda choked me up. Thanx for showing your concern for me.

I had my autopsy done yesterday (ok it was a biopsy). I had such anxiety before they did anything. Crap like that just freaks me out. Not knowing what to expect or how much pain is involved. Talk about easy. I would rather have that done than take a crap in the morning. They did tell me not to lift anything heavy for the next 24 hours, so I asked them if they had a young nurse in training that could come home with me and help when I pee.

They told me it would be a week before I would know the results, so it probably will be after Christmas. I'll keep you all in informed. I want to say I love you guys, but hell, I don't even know you. Once again thank you. Damn I am kind of choked up.

Post edited by ledhead on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I jumped into late. But anyway, my thoughts and prayers are with you Ledhead.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I jumped into late. But anyway, my thoughts and prayers are with you Ledhead.

It's never to late to show concern. You was probably at a birthday party or something. Thx Jader.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Glad to hear the biopsy was easy, may the results be equally non-eventful.

This discussion has been closed.