Hex Arcanum - Out now [commercial]

My newest beasty (wait, beasties?) is out now.

http://www.daz3d.com/hex-arcanum-for-genesis-3-female-s

http://www.daz3d.com/hex-arcanum-arsenal

This is the party thread! :throws glitter: Feel free to post renders if you'd like. Also, if you got any questions, feel free to ask

Comments

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

I don't normally buy these sorts of outfits but I was taken in by this set instantly and had to get it. I love the variety of options all bundled together so much.

I really want to know how you get the outfits to look like that in renders - they look so good, like ... sort of gamelike? Maybe that's a bad description but everything seems to fit perfectly in a not as realistic yet not jarring way.

• TY for the compiment! Hope you have fun with it!

If you mean the promos, yeah they are postworked a lot (at least, the artsy ones are) I guess its just my style shining thru, which is sort of surreal... pretty much how all my renders look lol The other lesser promos are straight out of the box renders, which are done in 3DL.

Ahh that makes sense, thanks. It's an awesome style. Grabbed the weapons too - will be sure to pay attention to your releases in the future!

• I was actually doing a series on my facebook page recently, that showed before and after renders of my promos. I did some for this set actually, so Ill share them here. Needless to say, Im a postwork junkie... for me, rendering is kinna boring. Where I tend to have fun, is in doing the postwork in Photoshop. And as you can see by these, theres nothing remotely special in how I render... its all about the postwork.

BA1.jpg
    2100 x 1380 - 1M
    BA2.jpg
    2100 x 1380 - 2M
    BA3.jpg
    2100 x 1380 - 2M
    BA4.jpg
    2100 x 1380 - 2M
    Ba5.jpg
    2100 x 1380 - 2M
    BA6.jpg
    2100 x 1380 - 2M
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 2016

Yay! it's out! I have been having way too much fun with this.I have another one started but probably wont be done anytime soon. This one already took a while by itself . Alot of it is, well i like the way this looks so lets just see what these 10 other options look like first.

1ab.jpg
    2448 x 1920 - 881K
    Post edited by DireBunny on
  • Oooooo DB! That is awesome sauce. Love the purpley! The arrows sticking out of the ground is a nice touch (this is my fave part of releasing a set... I love seeing what ppl come up with)

edited December 2016

I was actually doing a series on my facebook page recently, that showed before and after renders of my promos. I did some for this set actually, so Ill share them here. Needless to say, Im a postwork junkie... for me, rendering is kinna boring. Where I tend to have fun, is in doing the postwork in Photoshop. And as you can see by these, theres nothing remotely special in how I render... its all about the postwork.

I actually agree - I have way more fun with postwork too. But everyone here seems to despise it and think it's somehow "cheating" so I assumed they were done via renderer~

Love the comparison shots. It's always super cool to see artwork evolving rather than just ta da done.

Post edited by lx_2807502 on
  • Ah well, you know... art is subjective. I dont think theres any such thing as "cheating" I just think there are different ways to get to an end result. Some people like the "pure" method. Or hyper realistic. Me, Im not hip to either of those things, as I tend to prefer the postworking end and render more surrealy. I think the point is rather to have fun creating, and not put too much emphasis on how one got to that point. Art is a personal thing that way... I kinna hate when people have to define how it should be for others.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I LOVE postworking! I ignore people who claim it's 'cheating' etc. I just have fun doing it. :)

Another fantastic set, Iggy!!!! 

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,475
    edited December 2016

I love it too... I mean, you can do so much and take something so much further when you postwork. I mean, if youre into rendering it straight out of the box, thats cool too... its all about what makes you happy. Such arguments are akin to proclaiming one medium is superior to another... or like those cats that pick on DAZ Studio artists as being not real artists. In reality, they are just different artforms with different toolsets. No one is less an artist than anyone else.

And TY Jaki!!!

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
  • cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

These Arcanum things look really beautiful. I'm tempted to buy. The weapons look splendid, the whirling parts of the clothing as well. But, I'll be terribly sorry for the girl in front of the weaponry promo picture, if the ever tries to run with that armor, I fear she will seriously hurt herself . These spikes directly above her tighs ... Let's hope her main job is making a decorative stand .wink

B.t.w., the comparison between the original renders and the postwork is much appreciated.

• yes it is beautiful but sadly looks far to complex to convert to Genesis 2 or 1 as I would want to, the ability to do so greatly influences my purchases but with all those lovely streamers of cloth its just not viable.

I am mostly a Carrara user sad

I still think it looks lovely though heart

I do use Genesis 3 in iClone but that would depend on too many variables.

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

Looks totally amazing, as most of your products do.  I had to buy both HEX items as soon as I saw them.

• LaschaeLaschae Posts: 111

This is such a super cool set I was so stoked to get my grubby hands on it.

DIArcanum01 copy.png
    1500 x 1950 - 4M
  • LaschaeLaschae Posts: 111

I don't like how this one came out quite as much but it's okay I suppose.

DIArcanum02 copy.jpg
    1500 x 1950 - 1M
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited December 2016

That's so cool to see the before and after postwork images. Thanks for sharing. Your promo images are some of my favorites. Love your artistic style. Probably going to break my budget for good today. LOVE the outfit! Reminds me of your Midnight Huntress, which is still one of my favorites.

@Laschae - Those are gorgeous!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,475
    edited December 2016

Thanks you guys!! Sorry Im late getting back in here. I crashed for a bit.

@the3Ddigit - Yeah converting this one would def be difficult. I would totally do it, if there was high enuff demand... unfortunately, the sales on Genesis 2 are a little bit low these days. It seems like most jumped to Gen 3, but she was always my fave of the Genesis figures.

@Laschae - Holy crap those are awesome!!! The pinky one looks so realistic. I also really like the drow with the green... its a pretty contrast. Both of them are gorgeous, you silly woman!

@Llynara - Thanks! And re: Midnight huntress... Well I hope not too much, since Im planning a reboot of that set at some point this year (hopefully)

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814

@IgnisSerpentus - The sets both look amazing heart as do everyone else's renders. Can't wait to get to play with this set smiley

• @cherpenbeck - lol u dont run with armor. Actually, true armor was quite lacking in range of movement and also pretty heavy and hot to boot. Thats why movement in them seems very blocky and jarring. I am so glad tho this and video games is all pretend... all the pretty and none of the fuss.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

And re: Midnight huntress... Well I hope not too much, since Im planning a reboot of that set at some point this year (hopefully)

OMG, I would love to see that! I think it's one of the best outfits in the store, period. Love your Dark Elves too. Those two were some of the very first things I bought at DAZ. Still my faves!

• Yeah I love that one too.... enuff that I think hmmm I could do even better with this now. This year is actually gonna be a reboot year for me.... quite a few on the list, along with some new stuff too.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312

Yeah I love that one too.... enuff that I think hmmm I could do even better with this now. This year is actually gonna be a reboot year for me.... quite a few on the list, along with some new stuff too.

Ohh - Will you consider redoing some of your male stuff please. I just love those outfits but they don't autofit too well I would really like to see G3M versions - or something new.

• Well I have considered doing a reboot of Godspeed... and updating heavily there too. Prolly not Scorpion God, however, sadly... coz it didnt do that great out the gate. But Godspeed is def a possibility.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

DS4.9P Nvidia Iray.  No postwork aside from adding signature, flattening to jpg and squishing for forum.  Been trying to avoid postwork since I suck at it, LOL.

Another one in the books hun.....great job laugh heart

Suze

©SuzeTx-HexArcanum G3F-DS4.9NvidiaIray-121416.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 373K
  • Gorgeous Suze!!! Love how it came out... and I think it looks great without postwork!

• Excellent outfit. Looking forward to it.yes

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Gorgeous Suze!!! Love how it came out... and I think it looks great without postwork!

Thanks hun laugh

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Just bought both sets! Love your products (great detail, poses, colors etc.) and looking forward to more!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Snagged.  Really really should not have but I just could not resist.  I bought the weapons earlier today and had to go back and get the other set.  Most of your other stuff is on my wish list, although I have one of the dark elves, and the lady darkness hair (which is amazing by the way).

As far as I am concerned post work is just another tool in the arsenal of making the kind of art I want to make.  I've never understood the bias against it.  I take it as far as I can in the rendering process and then I continue the process wherever and however I need to, to be happy with something.  A lot of what I post here are tests, and and trying to learn Studio (and a couple others) as well as I can to get the best initial results.  I'm starting to get to the point where post work will start to come into play a lot more as I get better at achieving the initial render I am going for.

• Thanks you guys!

And yes, definitely agree with you there. I actually love messing with different mediums. Ive been doing it my whole life. I started with sketching, painting in acrylics... I dabbled in calligraphy off and on for many years.... I was a tattooist for a few years... a web developer.... and of course, 3D art. Also I paint in Photoshop from scratch at times. Its kinna nice to switch it up and try new things from time to time... or in our case, even different render engines (which Im known to do too)