Hex Arcanum - Out now [commercial]

Comments

• Can you also make HD fantasy characters as well? :) like elves and fantasy beasts? Also if you know other PAs you guys can work together with it? :) an HD creature creator for Genesis 3 with HD skin for the preset characters would be great as well :)

• Sure.... I can do most things... but I dont do architecture... its sort of my kyrptonite (I hate working in that scale) Ive messed around with HD, but not released anything. I sort of took a hiatus from doing characters (my last was Dark Apocalypse: Viridian Skye) But all that ends this year. That said, IDK how many I have planned this year really warrant HD... it really depends on the set (could see this as a possibility for Dark Apocalypse, but it depends on whether I do more Sarotu this year)

And yeah, Im more of a lone wolf control freak. Ive seen far too many partnerships implode, and vicariously lay waste to entire catalogs, so I prefer to just work on my own.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited January 2017

@IgnisSerpentus  "my last was Dark Apocalypse: Viridian Skye) But all that ends this year"

With that in mind, I humbly submit a quick Iray conversion of Vridian Skye -Sarotou. Didn't fiddle with lighting (the shadow).

Viridian Skye - Sarotu G2F H-S Iray Conv.png
    1000 x 1500 - 2M
    Viridian Skye - Sarotu G2F Full Iray Conv.png
    1000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • Very nicely done! The set looks pretty good in iray.

And yeah, thats another outfit Ive considered converting to Gen 3 (its one of my personal faves) I just dunno if I wanna do the full set, or just the outfit yet.

edited January 2017

I was pretty happy with the quick conversion (about 15 minutes pre-render). I used V3Digitimes Iray Smart Converter on the skin. For a more "serious" render i think I would knock the glossiness back a bit, but i was happy that the converter didn't mess with the texture.

I had trouble with several cloth Iray shaders on the shirt because parts would disappear when setting the shader to ignore images. The Daz Uber shader ended up working the best. I was really happy with a bone shader on the teeth and claws.

It is a sweet outfit.

edited January 2017

Here's Rune 7 with Viridian Skye. A more elaborate Iray conversion. Uses Sveva's Fantasy Leather for the tooled leather, MEC4D, Iray #2 for dirty cloth. The outfit autofits flawlessly, even considering that Rune is pretty er, um, uh "muscular" up top.

@IgnisSerpentus  You really do have your modeling fu together. Happily awaiting anything new.

Rune 7 Viridian Skye Iray Conversion.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 413K
    Rune 7 Viridian Skye Iray Conversion H-S.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 483K
    Rune 7 Viridian Skye Iray Conversion Closeup.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 583K
  • Oh I love the new textures! That tooled leather is awesome, but Sveva is a very talented artist, so Im not the least bit surprised there. And yeah, the shirt does have some transparency on it... to make the edge look detatached and sewn into place. You can always remove that tho, as its not absolutely necessary to have the trans.

• @dawnblade and anyone else interested: Ok I promised I would do a video showing how I postwork. I had to test my machine after a bad crash so I figured it was a good time to do a render.... and make good on that promise.

So here you guys go:

I watched this last night totally brilliant you are a master of your craft.

Thanks for making the effort and sharing your skills !

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

Oh thanks, just found this thread again. I wanted to use them more for alien purposes, but I suppose ancient alchemists could have discovered the symbols from ancient aliens LOL. But I am concerned about using black magic symbols the wrong way, not because I particularly believe in them but if someone recognizes the symbols, they may get the wrong impression. I can probably add a few together to make up new symbols I guess.

Alchemy and magic are very different things. Sure, some bleed together, because the symbols are universal for the time and place... such as planetary symbols being used in astrology, alchemical process and magic. So ull notice it touches on astrology, alchemy, and magic. But that aside, there are no actual black magic symbols listed here (they are pretty different and I am very careful not to add such things to sets) As far as arcane circles go (or seals, as they are called in the craft) there are different ways to use them... they do different things. Black magic is in the intent of the user... not necessarily the amalgamation of the symbols.

For instance, at the core of witchcraft, black magic is the attempt to control another person (or to harm them) But if that person is doing harm and u bind them and control them, is it really black magic? There's a kooky line here.... which is very thin and easy to cross. So anyone that would assume just coz you have arcane circles means your doing the black arts, is ignorant at best lol Especially since, its really only art in this case, and not being used in rituals.

Yes... I R a pagan. Or was, once upon a time.

Fascinating. Does it actually work??? I'm really into the study of consciousness and also quantum physics which proves "reality" is malleable and human observation can alter the behavior of subatomic particles, so I suppose thought control and intent could work.... Any "spells" to make more money or at least afford a new computer that can handle Iray (and all your wonderful products!)? If any of those symbols can do that, please let me know! Now I'm curious about the whole thing, if you have any links to sites that talk about that too, I'd appreciate it :) Feel free to PM me if you have the time if this is too off topic...

@dawnblade and anyone else interested: Ok I promised I would do a video showing how I postwork. I had to test my machine after a bad crash so I figured it was a good time to do a render.... and make good on that promise.

So here you guys go:

Wow, our processes are so similar! The smudge tool, dodging and burning, experimenting with color, etc... And especially the indecision part, LOL. I sometimes will save like 30 different versions and put them all up on my screen at the same time, then eliminate them one by one until I finally have the one I like best and I often blend several layers together in different opacities and modes and end up with like 50 layers and up to 30 saved versions! I'm so relieved to see I'm not the only one who goes a little crazy with experimentation, although I'm way worse than you, changing my mind a bazillion times and sometimes sleeping on it because I lose all prerspective LOL.

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,475
    edited January 2017

@Everyone lol TY for the compliments, Im glad you guys are finding it useful.

@Wonderland - Yeah, thats exactly it. On a mundane level, we think its some kinna supernatural thing and we call it mundane things like magic, some people even doubt its existence. But all it really is, is manipulation of energy thru focus and intention... kind of similar principles to physics actually. I mean, eventually, u come to realize... the rituals are just really tools for focus and u dont actually need that stuff. In the end, what ur really doing, is simply mind over matter.

There is stuff for attracting money and whatnot. Im old skewl tho, I dont use the web.... when I still practiced, it was long before I had a computer. So yeah, I have a book. And are you asking does magic work? Ill just say, in my 39 yrs of existence, Ive seen enuff freaky stuff to fully believe in it.... and leave it at that lol Im not a practicing Pagan anymore tho. I still observe sabbats and whatnot, but I guess I just dont have much of a need these days.

And re: postworking... yeah I can be a bit anal for sure lol I can be pretty bad about changing my mind and being picky. Hex's promos for example... quite a few of them were redone ala last min. I will literally change something a minuscule amount and agonize over whether it adds something or not.... and its such a wee amount, Im not sure it actually makes a diff at all lol Ill sometimes even force my son to give me his opinion, which is usually I dont know. Which is helpful lol

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
  • kimhkimh Posts: 386
    scorpio said:

Well I have considered doing a reboot of Godspeed... and updating heavily there too. Prolly not Scorpion God, however, sadly... coz it didnt do that great out the gate. But Godspeed is def a possibility.

Please....please...please....as a person who tends to do pics of Ancient Deities and as someone whose friend is a child of Hermes...Godspeed is one of the outfits I tend to use a lot

edited January 2017

Working on my vision of the Morrigan

Morrigansample.png
    800 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by kimh on
  • Godspeed is a definite maybe... but if I do it, it would totally be a reboot. Getting to them is a diff issue lol I have to balance new stuff with old reworked ones... and the highest sellers generally get priority. Hes up there, but there are some others that got it beat.

Great job on your image! I like the different textures, and the SFX u added!

Godspeed is a definite maybe... but if I do it, it would totally be a reboot. Getting to them is a diff issue lol I have to balance new stuff with old reworked ones... and the highest sellers generally get priority. Hes up there, but there are some others that got it beat.

Great job on your image! I like the different textures, and the SFX u added!

I understand priorities and all that. But if you do a reboot of Godspeed...it's on my list for sure. Hex Arcanum is great and I love playing with textures to make my pics Unique. The Morrigan is special to me and, since Her colours are red and black, HA was perfect for adapting. I am still playing with the lighting and background but wanted to show off the sample laugh

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Would like Portals of Power for Iray. I also read in the description that "Serpentem Portae" is the first in the series. Are you by chance planning to expand the series?

edited January 2017

Well I was planning on doing more... the problem is, they didnt do well out the gate. I chalk this up to Im not really in the know when it comes to archtecture, so maybe there was more that could have been done, or done even better. That said, its a possibility, but its one of those things... its more of a gamble, so it takes a dip in priority

No worries and thanks for the update!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I think Iggy should remake her ENTIRE V4/Gen/Gen1/Gen2 line for Gen3. 

There, that fixes that. laugh

• jakiblue said:

I think Iggy should remake her ENTIRE V4/Gen/Gen1/Gen2 line for Gen3. 

There, that fixes that. laugh

+1 that would be totally awesome!

• lol I so need a few clones... and like 20 computers

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Ha! I've been telling you that for ages! Cloned...and then chained to the computers. devil 

lol I so need a few clones... and like 20 computers

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556

So i guess that "Edit>Duplicate>Duplicate node" doesn't work on humans in real life after all? bummer

• ^^ LOL I so totally wish that worked

Here is my entry for Shiba's contest. Thank you again for your video tutorials!

@Everyone lol TY for the compliments, Im glad you guys are finding it useful.

@Wonderland - Yeah, thats exactly it. On a mundane level, we think its some kinna supernatural thing and we call it mundane things like magic, some people even doubt its existence. But all it really is, is manipulation of energy thru focus and intention... kind of similar principles to physics actually. I mean, eventually, u come to realize... the rituals are just really tools for focus and u dont actually need that stuff. In the end, what ur really doing, is simply mind over matter.

There is stuff for attracting money and whatnot. Im old skewl tho, I dont use the web.... when I still practiced, it was long before I had a computer. So yeah, I have a book. And are you asking does magic work? Ill just say, in my 39 yrs of existence, Ive seen enuff freaky stuff to fully believe in it.... and leave it at that lol Im not a practicing Pagan anymore tho. I still observe sabbats and whatnot, but I guess I just dont have much of a need these days.

And re: postworking... yeah I can be a bit anal for sure lol I can be pretty bad about changing my mind and being picky. Hex's promos for example... quite a few of them were redone ala last min. I will literally change something a minuscule amount and agonize over whether it adds something or not.... and its such a wee amount, Im not sure it actually makes a diff at all lol Ill sometimes even force my son to give me his opinion, which is usually I dont know. Which is helpful lol

We are SO much alike when it comes to anal postworking! I have art from years ago that I used to like and now I cringe and want to redo the postwork... And if you have one of those spells for money, I could sure use it now LOL!

• @dawnblade - Wow totally love that one! Gorgeous color and the postwork is looking really good!

@Wonderland - lol I think every artist does that. I look at some of my first images and cringe in general lol But its one of those things that keeps you grounded... no one starts out brilliant. You have to work for it... and over time, u can really see how far you progress. Doesnt just go for artwork either, but also being a vendor. And lol yeah, I dont really keep that stuff accessible these days (its packed and in my shed) so I dont have anything handy here.... but if you google, you could prolly find some money spells and give em a try. There are tons of wicca websites out there.

@dawnblade - Wow totally love that one! Gorgeous color and the postwork is looking really good!

Thank you so much! Your 2 recent videos are incredibly helpful, I can't thank you enough. My favorites are the highlighting and skin smudging techniques, and the Gaussian blur trick at the end to increase the overall glow. I also discovered didi_mc's amazing backgrounds from you in a different thread--the one I used in this scene is from the "Arrow of Time 2" set. I only wish his/her backgrounds were in .png format instead of .jpg.

You are so right about how much agonizing over the details there is in postwork!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I really loved your postwork video it was very helpful. I really appreciated your sharing it!

edited January 2017

You guys are very welcome... Im glad everyone enjoyed it and it helped you guys out.

@dawnblade - yeah I LOVE LOVE LOVE her bgs. I own tons of them now lol I pick them every so often coz u can never have enuff. They are the perfect balance of real, colorful and dont have too much stuff in them so they can be used with other things. I also use Sveva's bgs a lot too, as shes another fave of mine. Occasionally, I'll also do my own bgs up in vue... but Im lazy about it. It can be time consuming and most of the time, Im like feh... just gonna use an already made bg lol