Urban Sprawl 3 ...It's here(in the store...no really..go see)!...(Commercial)

18910111214»

Comments

• How do i turn on the store panel lights, signs, etc?  I tried using Iray + Materials + US3 block?nightlight, the iray night settings, but no lights come from the signs as shown on the promo images, do they need to be set manually one by one?

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

The pseudonym Alan Smithee has an interesting past

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160

make sure you have the base(roads) selected before applying the material preset,its a hiearachy preset so will apply the materials to every object that's parented to the base 

How do i turn on the store panel lights, signs, etc?  I tried using Iray + Materials + US3 block?nightlight, the iray night settings, but no lights come from the signs as shown on the promo images, do they need to be set manually one by one?

• I select us03Roads02 (for block 2), then i apply the iray material preset, i notice the signals light up on the daz editor, but when i do the render, nothing lights up on the signs/store panels, i also tried with sun-sky, scene only, dome only, dome-scene, but nothing changes, what am i missing here?

just tested this and it's working on my end

try using sun/sky, set it to something late at night,make sure you have Iray as renderer..maybe check the emissive option in one of the signs/store front materials to see if it's applying or not?

• I used Sun-Sky, 11:30pm,  select road us03Roads02, applied Iray material preset for Night lights, check the image attached, i left everything in default, i didn't changed any material settings

us3_block2.png
    1024 x 768 - 1M
  • I played around with some settings and i managed to get the signals light up by changing luminance units to kdm/m^2 and luminance to values around 25-50. But it requires to do this for every single prop i want to light up, it wasn't supposed to be set by default?

• The obj. files have still not been added to this pack.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

The obj. files have still not been added to this pack.

They're at least available from your product library.  I don't know if they're in the Install Manager, as I always hide everything OBJ, as I generally don't need it, but I know it's in my product library.

--  Morgan

• CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

The obj. files have still not been added to this pack.

They're at least available from your product library.  I don't know if they're in the Install Manager, as I always hide everything OBJ, as I generally don't need it, but I know it's in my product library.

--  Morgan

Apologies, we had only been checking the product's store page to see if the list of included content had been changed.

• I am sure I am missing something painfully easy, but I can't get the street texture to show up properly.

The asphalt appears to be applied in the wrong scale. See screenshot of US3Block01 Iray, this is how it looks when first loaded, no changes made:

Applying the US3 Multi Layer Road Surface does not change anything either.

Apart from the scale of the texture, how do I get the white street lines to appear? I understand the road texture has 3 layers, but experimenting with the layer 1-3 weights does nothing to how the texture looks.

Any help would be appreciated!

replied here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/192241/urban-sprawl-3-road-texture-surface#latest

the road shader wont work in preview mode

• Hello,

I am trying to find how Materials --> Iray --> Props is working.

Cant find any way to use it :(

Thank you for answering me

• Does anyone know: are there two language sets for the signs in this product? Most of the signage I see has Asian characters, but some of the promo shots I've seen are English-language. I want to buy this but need English/American signage and don't know if that will mean a huge amount of extra work to re-texture them.

Thanks

Hi Mike, there's only one texture set, and like any modern city it's a mix of Asian and English characters

• Stonemason said:

Hi Mike, there's only one texture set, and like any modern city it's a mix of Asian and English characters

No problem! I bought it and am checking it out now. I had my "That's no moon... it's a SPACE STATION!" moment when I realized how frickin' large the whole environment is, and that because of the size, the mix of languages won't be a problem. Truly amazing piece of work!

• Wow! Looking forward to this latest Stonemason achievement!

IceScribe said:

Wow! Looking forward to this latest Stonemason achievement!

This thread is over 5 years old, it was released in 2016