Urban Sprawl 3 ...It's here(in the store...no really..go see)!...(Commercial)

189111314

Comments

  • genarisgenaris Posts: 292

    Thank you so much Stefan for posting the face counts for the individual blocks!  I know now this set is going to be finding its way into my shopping cart & content directory!!  It really looks wonderful in all the promos!

         -Gen

  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 932
    edited June 2016
    genaris said:

    Thanks for that info, 3dLux!  Knowing that much helps me feel like it's not so resource-hungry that I wont be able to use it.... smiley  That set is really whispering to me now....  "Buy me, Gen. Buy me!"

    You're very welcome, genaris angel  No buyer's remorse at all on my part yes  That said, I have Urban Sprawl, Urban Sprawl 2 and spent 2 hours downloading the contemporary/sci-fi/eastern Stonemason products that I already have (previously I'd download the sets as needed wink )  I guess I kinda like Stonemason's wares... laughblush

    Post edited by 3dLux on
  • genarisgenaris Posts: 292

    Hi escrandall! In answer to your ? about low-poly people to populate street scenes: Predatron offers some low poly male and female figures products with usefull  options for textures and details that help add variety while keeping poly counts low so you can fill your backgrounds better, and just use a normal Vicky or Mike etc for the focal models in foreground.

    He offers many such products including Lorenzo LoRez: http://www.daz3d.com/lorenzo-lorez   which is  a male figure set, Loretta loRez: http://www.daz3d.com/loretta-lorez ;  which is a female set and both of them in a bundle: http://www.daz3d.com/lorenzo-and-loretta-bundle   -- plus other products such as  http://www.daz3d.com/lorez-casual-man-1  can be found in his catalog.  See all his products here: http://www.daz3d.com/predatron

    Three's probably others here at Daz and elsewhere but his line of low-poly figures sticks to my mind because they allow for some decent variety while keeping a tight grip on poly counts.... Hope this info is useful!

        -Gen

  • escrandallescrandall Posts: 465

    Don't worry too much about getting use from this fantastic model if think your machine isn't up to the task.  I have an ancient (2010) iMac with 8 GB of RAM and no Nvidia GPU...  Here's a simple test render.  Lacking a Japanese movie monster here's the walk of the ninety foot woman.  It took about nine hours to get to a good enough state.

    A fantastic product!

    90 foot women in the fog-01.png
    1500 x 1694 - 5M
  • MartialMartial Posts: 326
    edited June 2016

    Allo

    How to render the iRay correctly night material ? What light presets are you using? Some special settings in render ?

    I have test it with some of my iray  light presets .It appear tood fade (all like grey) or too dark 

    I am frustered because i have some ideas about some nights  scenes i want using Urban sprawl 3  as background .but i cannot realise them because bad render

    UPDATE

    I finally obtain some good result using DA Real World Lighthing Iray 

    Post edited by Martial on
  • StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,005

    to use the iRay night version,select the parent of the set ('us3roads...') and apply the material preset, these presets are hieararchical presets that change the materials across the whole set,all the promos were rendered using the sky system in iRay,just set the time to late evening

  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,540
    edited June 2016

    Any suggestions for low polygon people for the streets?

    This is a render using Pedraton's Lorenzo Lorez and Loretta Lorez in Urban Sprawl 2. I haven't had a chance to try in Urban Sprawl 3 but you should get similar results.

    Street corner.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 822K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 5,632
    genaris said:

    Hi escrandall! In answer to your ? about low-poly people to populate street scenes: Predatron offers some low poly male and female figures products with usefull  options for textures and details that help add variety while keeping poly counts low so you can fill your backgrounds better, and just use a normal Vicky or Mike etc for the focal models in foreground.

    He offers many such products including Lorenzo LoRez: http://www.daz3d.com/lorenzo-lorez   which is  a male figure set, Loretta loRez: http://www.daz3d.com/loretta-lorez ;  which is a female set and both of them in a bundle: http://www.daz3d.com/lorenzo-and-loretta-bundle   -- plus other products such as  http://www.daz3d.com/lorez-casual-man-1  can be found in his catalog.  See all his products here: http://www.daz3d.com/predatron

    Three's probably others here at Daz and elsewhere but his line of low-poly figures sticks to my mind because they allow for some decent variety while keeping a tight grip on poly counts.... Hope this info is useful!

        -Gen

    Loretta and Lorenzo LowRes are based off of gen4. They are low res for that, But I suspect that just going to Genesis will drop the number of polys in a scene considerably. Genesis is MUCH lower res than gen4. Particularly G3.

  • TGSNTTGSNT Posts: 1,065
    JOdel said:

    Loretta and Lorenzo LowRes are based off of gen4. They are low res for that, But I suspect that just going to Genesis will drop the number of polys in a scene considerably. Genesis is MUCH lower res than gen4. Particularly G3.

    I'm interested in low res peds for this as well, so you're saying Genesis figures are less polygons than M4 and V4? I thought Genesis was equivalent to Michael 5 & Victoria 5, no? I want to be able to put 100 lo res pedestrians in a scene and animate them, whats best to use then, all Genesis figures or Loretta & Lorenzo?

  • JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 745

    I was trying to export the blocks as OBJ file to use in another program.  All the textures export great except for the "roadtile" material.  Any suggestions on how to get this to export with the road decals included?

  • JOdel said:
    genaris said:

    Hi escrandall! In answer to your ? about low-poly people to populate street scenes: Predatron offers some low poly male and female figures products with usefull  options for textures and details that help add variety while keeping poly counts low so you can fill your backgrounds better, and just use a normal Vicky or Mike etc for the focal models in foreground.

    He offers many such products including Lorenzo LoRez: http://www.daz3d.com/lorenzo-lorez   which is  a male figure set, Loretta loRez: http://www.daz3d.com/loretta-lorez ;  which is a female set and both of them in a bundle: http://www.daz3d.com/lorenzo-and-loretta-bundle   -- plus other products such as  http://www.daz3d.com/lorez-casual-man-1  can be found in his catalog.  See all his products here: http://www.daz3d.com/predatron

    Three's probably others here at Daz and elsewhere but his line of low-poly figures sticks to my mind because they allow for some decent variety while keeping a tight grip on poly counts.... Hope this info is useful!

        -Gen

    Loretta and Lorenzo LowRes are based off of gen4. They are low res for that, But I suspect that just going to Genesis will drop the number of polys in a scene considerably. Genesis is MUCH lower res than gen4. Particularly G3.

    Loretta and Lorenzo are, to the best of my knowledge, original mesh and rigging.

  • MartialMartial Posts: 326

    to use the iRay night version,select the parent of the set ('us3roads...') and apply the material preset, these presets are hieararchical presets that change the materials across the whole set,all the promos were rendered using the sky system in iRay,just set the time to late evening

    Thanks for your suggestion I will try

  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,422

     most of the polys are in the scattered leaves and the various trees in each scene,for example taking the trees and leaves from block4 takes it from  860k faces to 300k(trees are all instanced & hidden from viewport display for ease of use,

    I would recommend when creating larger cities to make use of instances (Create>New Node Instance), it will make rendering much easier on your system as the block is only calculated once,

    block 01 = 540k faces
    block 02 = 690k faces
    block 03 = 670k faces
    block 04 = 540k faces
    block 05 = 860k faces
    block 06 = 610k faces

     

    cheers

    S

    Im sorry, Block 6?  And where would that be?

  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,191

     

    I was trying to export the blocks as OBJ file to use in another program.  All the textures export great except for the "roadtile" material.  Any suggestions on how to get this to export with the road decals included?

    Have the same problem in Carrara as seen by my render above.

    Looking at the mapping in Studio to Carrara to see what it stripped

     

  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,211

    to use the iRay night version,select the parent of the set ('us3roads...') and apply the material preset, these presets are hieararchical presets that change the materials across the whole set,all the promos were rendered using the sky system in iRay,just set the time to late evening

    Is that the only way to use the night materials for individual buildings? Put the entire block in scene, add material, delete anything you don't need? I was wondering because I tried using it on an individual building added to a scene, and Studio threw off an error. My guess is that Hierarchical presets only work when the hierarchy parent is present; you can delete as many dependent parts as you like and it will be fine, but if the parent isn't present, it doesn't have a hierarchy to work with.

    block 06 = 610k faces

    Also, there seem to be only five blocks included in US3, not six. Was there supposed to be an additional block at some point?

  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,020
    edited June 2016

    I really debating holding off for a while but who was I kidding. Stonemason, take my money already!

    Here's the first thing I spun off with this set. Lite. Lite. Lite weight. Or at least that's how it feels on my system, which is bit a beast admittedly.



     

    On The Street Full.png
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    Post edited by Greybro on
  • JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 745
    edited June 2016

     

    I was trying to export the blocks as OBJ file to use in another program.  All the textures export great except for the "roadtile" material.  Any suggestions on how to get this to export with the road decals included?

    Have the same problem in Carrara as seen by my render above.

    Looking at the mapping in Studio to Carrara to see what it stripped

     

    I had the same problem trying to open the DAZ file in Carrara.  I looked deeper into the road surface in DAZ Studio and it looks like Stonemason is doing some next level stuff (as usual).  I couldn't figure out how he layered everything.  So I took a break and did a quick animation with the results I could achieve.  

    This animation is the five blocks exported from DAZ Studio as OBJ files and Texture Maps.  Then I imported them into After Effects using the Element 3D v2 plugin.  In Element 3D I made a 5X5 grid of the five blocks.  Then I animated an After Effects camera moving. Finally, rendered everything with Fog, Motion Blur and Depth of Field settings turned on. This experiment rendered in 20 minutes at 1920x1080 @ 30fps.

    Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • escrandallescrandall Posts: 465
    RGcincy said:

    Any suggestions for low polygon people for the streets?

    This is a render using Pedraton's Lorenzo Lorez and Loretta Lorez in Urban Sprawl 2. I haven't had a chance to try in Urban Sprawl 3 but you should get similar results.

    Thanks to all for their Pedraton low resolution characters.  That goes into the que..  budget prevents much in the way of purchases as I'm recovering from the Stonemason induced buying coma...

  • genarisgenaris Posts: 292
    JOdel said:
    genaris said:

     

    Loretta and Lorenzo LowRes are based off of gen4. They are low res for that, But I suspect that just going to Genesis will drop the number of polys in a scene considerably. Genesis is MUCH lower res than gen4. Particularly G3.

    I think the advantage of the Lorenzo & Loretta LoRez figures is they come with various clothes hair & materials to variegate them, so that the TOTAL FIGURE (person & clothes) is low poly, compared to a high-quality daz figure like m4/v4, G1 G2 or G3 PLUS their outfits for each figure. Genesis may cost less polys (I don't know) but it'd be a NAKED genesis figure which then has to be dressed and that adds up fast if youre trying to dress a crowd of extras....  for me it seems that by the time I get a daz figure ready for their place in a scene, their hair and outfits cost as much or more than the figure's polygons- but maybe that's just me picking costly hair & outfits for them!  

          -Gen

  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,330

    Kaiju time... featuring the Forest lord.

     

    Kaiju US3p.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,448

    Does anyone know how to create HDRIs within DAZ? I may have to create a few for a couple of scenes in mind...

    On the other hand, if there's a built-in compositing feature within DAZ, I'd be happy to use it :)

  • 3delinquent3delinquent Posts: 355
    edited June 2016

    Rendered in 3delight. Petipets UFO, Victoria 7, Vigilante outfit, Krayon Hair, Urban Sprawl 3.

    UFO Sprawl 06.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by 3delinquent on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 10,999

    Kaiju time... featuring the Forest lord.

     

    Nice render, Will!

  • FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 881

    What a magnificent set! Looks really awesome and I love seeing all the renders from everybody who bought it.

    Wishlisted for now.

  • 3delinquent3delinquent Posts: 355

    I think I have to get that forest lord Will.  You have leaves on your trees in US3? Great render.

  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,330

    Forest Lord is fun. ;) And yeah, leaves on US3 leaves.

     

  • 3delinquent3delinquent Posts: 355

    I hadn't noticed the trees have leaves! Too many other details to look at. Must have just framed up a tree without them.

  • Oh my God! This set is awesome! US3 and the Fern Lake Bundle are the best products I have purchased ever. EVER! Thank you for creating these wonderfully realistic pieces. I'm really, really happy and satisfied. :)
  • genarisgenaris Posts: 292

    Is anyone experiencing the "Daz Studio access violation" error that crashes studio when it starts to IRAY render with this set?    Everytime I have tried to load and Iray render 1 block, any block, it crashes after it preps scene, compiles shaders and states it is starting to render; even if i just turn on Iray render mode for the preview window, it crashes.  I loaded a scene from two days ago: a "through the forest" scene (which has over 1.5 million faces and waay more than any of the single US3 blocks I tried to render singly) and it loaded back up and rendered without error, as did any other existing scene I tried.

    I updated my nvidia drivers, rebooted my pc,  re-crunk Daz Studio (4.8) and RESET the IRAY render settings back to DEFAULT, started a NEW blank scene, added 1 IRAY version US3 block, and tried to render, and...crrrash!  Day mats, night mats, block 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5, makes no difference. Crash, the dread "access violation" when it starts to render.  Old scenes of mine continue to work, and newly created scenes with OTHER content and no US3 content continue to render normally.   I soo want to render me some US3!  crying

     I have Windows 10, 8gb ram, 4 gigs Nvidia GPU, and have had no troubles with heavy sets like AM's Lost World (which is like 1600 nodes and a boatload of faces) or Faveral's Lake Village, or Stonemason's Our Lost Future or Through the Forest or Fern Lake etc, plus I thought that even if your scene needed more GPU ram than your card had, it would fall back to CPU only and render, not crash, so I feel like memory isn't the culprit...   Anyone seen this or have any ideas on what the problem might be?

        -Gen

  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 3,353

    Still exploring this set. There are soooo many nooks and crannies I could spend months looking at this.

    Has anyone found a parking garage yet? This set just screams for off-street parking!

    Stonemason - think about adding some additional buildings as an add-on set; a parking garage, school, and church would be nice (unless, of course, I just haven't found them yet . . .)

Sign In or Register to comment.