DAZ Horse 2 Product Preview Thread

1789101113»

Comments

• Fire AngelFire Angel Posts: 229
    edited December 1969

3Ddreamer said:
    I've discovered some weird Saddle behaviour in this pose (first one I tried) - most noticeable on the Western saddle, but present on the English Saddle too. I had just done a scene last week with the MillHorse and I was going to do the second one I hadn't got around to, drinking water, with Horse2 and got this... the saddle stretches with the neck.

Thank you for posting this image and your accompanying text. I am soon embarking upon the creation and rigging of a large, non-horsey herd animal for fantasy or sci-fi scenes. There will be a version with a saddle integrated into the mesh instead of as a conformer, to prevent poke-through issues, and this is certainly one problem to look for. Now I've seen your post I will make sure no such issues plague my creature. and the saddle for it.

• edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    My first go with DAZ Horse 2: Christmas 2012

Wow, really nice render.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

I made this for Ann (ART Collab) to show her how I can abuse the nice Barnyard ;-)

Weird Al recording the video for the new hit song "Llama Sutra"

w-al.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 210K
  • Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Thanks!

Spit said:
    Took a while, but I finally had time to put something together for the new horsie. Tail and Mane were an absolute pain, and I ended up using three manes before I was satisfied ...

Well ... sorta. Too bad the horse was rushed out without a decent tail and mane.

Edit: AND without fetlocks!

Classic! Beauriful

• edited December 1969

Totte said:
    I made this for Ann (ART Collab) to show her how I can abuse the nice Barnyard ;-)

Weird Al recording the video for the new hit song "Llama Sutra"

I was hoping to see the llama dancing.
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited December 1969

I got playing around and made a Wizzle morph for Horse2 I think it turned out pretty close ....

Wizzle_horse_morph.png
    1138 x 948 - 1M
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

Really cute Carrie! I love ponies!

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

"How to clone a horse" thread started here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12955/

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    I got playing around and made a Wizzle morph for Horse2 I think it turned out pretty close ....

I was just thinking about doing that too nicely done.

edited December 2012

Thanks RamWolf ,Heatherlee , now I've got to figure out how to share it .......if anyone is interested.
    I was a bit worried about the girl wearing flip-flops, Wizzle's got some pretty big hooves....

Post edited by carrie58 on
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Yea, noticed that too cwichura. You might add in a noise map in the bump or displacement channel and see if that helps. I tried just about everything and was a bit disappointed in the flat appearance in the maps.

There is a noise map in the texture folder but for some reason it is not being applied in the MAT files.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

A christmas card...

GodJul_bella_pw2.jpg
    1200 x 866 - 236K
  • HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Thanks RamWolf ,Heatherlee , now I've got to figure out how to share it .......if anyone is interested.
    I was a bit worried about the girl wearing flip-flops, Wizzle's got some pretty big hooves....
    I'm interested for sure, not sure how you go about doing it though either.
  • CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Anyone else having problems with the Western Saddle and bridle in Poser Pro 2012? Doesn't appear in the viewport for me despite apparently loading okay via DSON. No error messages, just not actually loaded. None of the textures apply either, since there is nothing there to apply them to, I guess. Have tried reinstalling the PCF, to no avail. DS version seems to work fine in DS 4.5 Pro, though.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Cymbidium said:
    Anyone else having problems with the Western Saddle and bridle in Poser Pro 2012? Doesn't appear in the viewport for me despite apparently loading okay via DSON. No error messages, just not actually loaded. None of the textures apply either, since there is nothing there to apply them to, I guess. Have tried reinstalling the PCF, to no avail. DS version seems to work fine in DS 4.5 Pro, though.
    I can get the bridle loaded in, but I haven't seen any textures for them. I've been manually adding in my own with mixed results. I'm not entirely convinced there ARE any textures for it, as I've checked the folders extensively and haven't seen any.
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    There is a noise map in the texture folder but for some reason it is not being applied in the MAT files.

The included noise map gets applied to the specular channel, not bump. At least that's where it showed up in the Reality material editor (I didn't much look at the surfaces in Studio, since i never use 3Delight to do the renders anyway). Again, for my render (Christmas 2012), I hacked up a normal map from the skins using ShaderMap 2, and it made a huge difference in the look of the horse -- particularly since its fairly close up in my render. I can only imagine what professionally made normal maps would do for the horse...
  • CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Cymbidium said:
    I can get the bridle loaded in, but I haven't seen any textures for them. I've been manually adding in my own with mixed results. I'm not entirely convinced there ARE any textures for it, as I've checked the folders extensively and haven't seen any.

Thanks for your answer. Strange you can get the bridle loaded, but not the saddle? Western Saddle Textures are included in the Pro Bundle https://www.daz3d.com/shop/western-saddle-textures, but the base product also states that there are 3 textures for the bridle and 4 for the saddle https://www.daz3d.com/shop/western-saddle-for-daz-horse-2. Seems the Poser textures are material (.mc6) files, so will be located in the Materials Folder.

Will have to try re-downloading the PCFiles again, I guess....

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    A christmas card...

Nostalgic and lovely!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I had earlier mentioned that the adHorse has a conforming mane and tail with morphs. I just discovered the horse, etc., is on sale at his site. In a bundle with everything included (as I remember there were separate packages at Rendo) for an unbelievable price until the 26th. There's also a foal included. If anyone is interested the announcement is in the commercial forum. Direct link: http://www.adh3d.com/adhorse.html

I got it even though I think (but am not positive) I already have everything. Now I can put two at a time in my renders (JUST KIDDING). And please don't look at me to make a clone of him to use the mane and tail on DH2. I'm absolutely butterfingers at stuff like that. Sigh.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Ok, if I get the Charger clone done before the 26th, and no one else seems to be working on adHorse, I'll get this and give it a try.

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

If this thread is still alive, i tried to decode the horse2 Mil horse UV and clone RT file. I followed the steps exactly, but when I get to the last step where you select the Key file, it tells me that it doesn't appear to be correct, and doesn't decode. I have the mil horse obj under Daz 3d/Studio3/content/Runtime/Geometries/Daz Animals/blMilHorse.obj. This should be correct

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

That encoding method can be affected if the key file is updated or changed in any way — and I'm fairly sure the horse has had at least one update since it was originally released. I don't use the extra UV, so I don't know which version the encoder is expecting. Can you find out which version you have?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The final version of blMilHorse.obj is 7,572,472 bytes, dated ‎June ‎07, ‎2004

• CauriBCauriB Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

This is the file I used, I will check if the decoding still works with the latest MilHorse update when I come home from work.