Finish it of course!

:-)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited December 1969

primary is not the final version
    new frame, finnished frame and swing arm, need to finnish the rear drive
    trans, forks, frame, engine,forks, are all finals

if i let it go as it is what would you do with it

To be honest, you should finish it and sell it. That is quality craftmanship.

• edited December 1969

matt i was intending to offer it in 2 versions after the new year 1 would be a real low poly version that would be free in obj form only and the other would be drtailed and rigged with the UVmaps and some optional parts that would be sold as a package for most likely about $10 and available in cr2, obj, and blend files
    the blend files would include the cycles nodes for the paint and chrome and in several colors to make it easier to customize

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

Heres one I did tonight, couldn't resist Doug's Girl!

doug_s_girl_01.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 407K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247
    edited December 1969
    Full96837_ed3b09e470745c86ad0c40c6a8454661.jpg
    800 x 525 - 109K
    edited December 1969

Whats he doing, seems like he's re-releasing a bunch of his older car? I already have every car he's made!

edited December 1969

Admiring His Finished Work!

admiring_his_work00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 565K
  • RNR_DV8RNR_DV8 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Impala and company

Impala.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 615K
    edited December 1969

The Stars Have Arrived!

stars_have_arrived00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 407K
  • CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

I've been playing with the 1940 Ford for several days and this thing is awesome. Here it is dressed in 1940 Ford Cloud Mist Green paint. I tend to look up original Paint charts and try to match a color for the period. Rendered in Poser Pro 2012.

1940_Ford_Coupe.jpg
    1147 x 884 - 139K
  • edited December 1969

the trike project is stalled until the buyer decides on sheetmetal so i started something new
    now the questuin is how to rig it?

hoist.jpg
    800 x 600 - 19K
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    I've been playing with the 1940 Ford for several days and this thing is awesome. Here it is dressed in 1940 Ford Cloud Mist Green paint. I tend to look up original Paint charts and try to match a color for the period. Rendered in Poser Pro 2012.

And it looks really great too! The engine isn't a flathead in this model, but I did download a model with a decent flathead in it, may do an engine swap and see how that turns out.

edited December 1969

Cherokee said:

Very nice!

I was looking at that patio prop you used and was wondering how the wet concrete and puddles are made. I'd like to do something similar on a garage floor but I have no idea how that effect is created. Any help would be appreciated.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

the trike project is stalled until the buyer decides on sheetmetal so i started something new
    now the questuin is how to rig it?

Make it a Poser Prop (.pp2) file. Move the points of origin for each part to where it rotates the object on the one it is parented to. Then save it all as one .pp2 file. You can then rotate the parts with dials, even rename the dials. This is how I do all my cars doors and hoods. If you can't figure it all out, just pm me, I will give you my email addy, you can emeail it to me, I will rig it for you, then post you a link to get the new one back. Simple huh?

edited December 1969

Cherokee said:

Awesome render Cherokee!

edited December 2012

RNR_DV8 said:
    Cherokee said:

Very nice!

I was looking at that patio prop you used and was wondering how the wet concrete and puddles are made. I'd like to do something similar on a garage floor but I have no idea how that effect is created. Any help would be appreciated.

Looks like it might be a flat plane primitive with a .jpeg photo texture on it. Then prop of morphing water laid ontop of the image, and morphed up a bit. That way it has parts that stay above the ground. Notice how the rear tire reflects in the water.

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 2012

music2u4u said:
    RNR_DV8 said:
    Cherokee said:

Very nice!

Looks like it might be a flat plane primitive with a .jpeg photo texture on it. Then prop of morphing water laid ontop of the image, and morphed up a bit. That way it has parts that stay above the ground. Notice how the rear tire reflects in the water.

The puddles are a Material file that comes with the Patio. You get wet stones, dry stones, 3 kinds of puddles, and damp stones. There are no texture jpg files. It's all done with shader settings.

Post edited by Cherokee on
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    RNR_DV8 said:
    Cherokee said:

Very nice!

The puddles are a Material file that comes with the Patio. You get wet stones, dry stones, 3 kinds of puddles, and damp stones.

Isn't that one of Dreamland's props?

edited December 2012

betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    RNR_DV8 said:
    Cherokee said:

Very nice!

The puddles are a Material file that comes with the Patio. You get wet stones, dry stones, 3 kinds of puddles, and damp stones.

Yeah, that's the one. Oh, I just edited my previous post.

edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    RNR_DV8 said:
    Cherokee said:

Very nice!

I thought it looked like the one Tom uses when he releases one of his cars, I haven't figured out how to use the wet concrete materials yet in DS, but will eventually, probably have to do it through the surfaces tab.

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    RNR_DV8 said:
    Cherokee said:

Very nice!

I thought it looked like the one Tom uses when he releases one of his cars, I haven't figured out how to use the wet concrete materials yet in DS, but will eventually, probably have to do it through the surfaces tab.

When I was looking at getting this prop I read somewhere that the puddles won't work in DAZ. I think Cherokee is right that it is all done with a material in Poser. I thought about making a floor that is uneven with a plane under it that pokes through in areas for puddles but that won't give the effect of dry concrete becoming damp and then puddles. I wonder if it's using sss somehow....?

edited December 1969

RNR_DV8 said:
    betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    RNR_DV8 said:
    Cherokee said:

Very nice!

When I was looking at getting this prop I read somewhere that the puddles won't work in DAZ. I think Cherokee is right that it is all done with a material in Poser. I thought about making a floor that is uneven with a plane under it that pokes through in areas for puddles but that won't give the effect of dry concrete becoming damp and then puddles. I wonder if it's using sss somehow....?

There are a lot of material files that don't work in DS that are made for Poser, however, there are often ways of making some of these effects work, I do have the 81 City Blocks set, and just haven't messed with it as much as I need to in order to see if any of these things will or won't work in DS, they also say that Nationale7's cars won't work in DS as well, but I make them work, as does Music.

edited December 1969

The Edsel in for service.

58_Edsel_in_tx_stn.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 1023K
    edited December 1969

Fill The Tank, Check the Oil and Clean the Windows.

fill_the_tank_check_the_oil_wash_the_windows00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 367K
    edited December 1969

RNR_DV8 said:
    betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    RNR_DV8 said:
    Cherokee said:

Very nice!

Like I stated before, you can just use a morphing ground that has dials to make hills, put it just under the ground plane, dial up the hills, scale it down to the size you want, then in the surfaces tab, apply a water shader or just use the opacity dial and make it transparent like water, then turn your specular dial up to 255,255,255 (white) for reflections.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the help, I'll give that a try

edited December 1969

I though this would be a fun one to do since I noticed that Edsel did have a Chalk Pink color for the 1958 Edsel. I've never done a car in pink. I'm also using a different puddle option that came with Dreamland's Car Patio.

PinkEdsel.jpg
    1147 x 884 - 152K
  • edited December 1969

another bike i started on for a friend
    i always wanted to have a reason to use a sugarbear made springer set and now i have it
    the trike has a new style front end and a different motor too so that makes a redesighn imminent
    oh well i like the girder forks better than the wideglides his wife wanted

sugar_beae_first_test.jpg
    800 x 600 - 38K
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    I though this would be a fun one to do since I noticed that Edsel did have a Chalk Pink color for the 1958 Edsel. I've never done a car in pink. I'm also using a different puddle option that came with Dreamland's Car Patio.

Looks great!

edited January 2013

betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:

Looks great!

Thanks. That Edsel is pretty nice even though it does have a huge number of parts that have to be checked when you want to change a color of something.

Now, I wish someone would do a 1959 or 1960 Thunderbird. I tired getting National7 to do one but he decided on the '63 T-Bird instead.

This discussion has been closed.