Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• MikeyFTLMikeyFTL Posts: 367
    edited December 1969

MikeyFTL said:
    I'm curious how LAMH can handle body hair. Will it look like a wool sweater or will it look like mange? Trying to make subtle body hair is a pain without using textures. It looks like it could even handle peach fuzz without the stick-like appearance of fibermesh.

Please post some real life pictures as reference of what you'd like to accomplish.

Something like this....

m5-elite-skin-texture-dave-6.jpg
    350 x 455 - 30K
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 2012

Thank you guys.
    I'd like to show how instancing works. First of all, you need an object (can be anything you like, a figure, or a prop of your choice) that you will use to grow and style hair: in this case, I'm using a simple sphere.
    After that, I load two flower props that I will use to populate my ecosystem. You can use as many props as you like (memory allowing), and LAMH will pick those on a random base when creating the instances.
    In LAMH, I grow some hair and style those as usual, keeping in mind that the hair will serve as "reference" for the instanced props, and to orient and scale them.
    As you can see, I've chosen to create 2000 instances using both the flower props, and by last, is the render of those.
    Instead of rendering hair, LAMH has replaced those with instanced props.
    Being instanced geometry, rendering is quite fast.
    But of course, upon exporting, creating a gazillion of instanced props may take some time. 2000 instances are created in less then 3 seconds, if you go for 50000, well, that might take also 7-8 minutes.
    Nevertheless, I believe it's a nice feature (which I plan to enhance in future updates) that allows to place any object on any figure of your choice. So you may have your Genesis hair filled with snakes, like the Medusa monster, or have a bark tree filled with foliage, a grass with sunflowers etc.

flower_ball.jpg
    799 x 780 - 769K
    2.jpg
    1322 x 1099 - 283K
    1.jpg
    1437 x 901 - 185K
    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
    edited December 1969

MikeyFTL said:
    MikeyFTL said:
    I'm curious how LAMH can handle body hair. Will it look like a wool sweater or will it look like mange? Trying to make subtle body hair is a pain without using textures. It looks like it could even handle peach fuzz without the stick-like appearance of fibermesh.

Please post some real life pictures as reference of what you'd like to accomplish.

Something like this....

I'll try to make a preset for body hair that will ship with LAMH. Will post some renders as it's done.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

That instancing feature is a winner for certain.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 2012

With the plugins in development and already available, DS is really becoming a serious 3D platform, and when you look at some CG renders made in Hollywood with 3Delight, you realize that there is even more under the hood to dig out.

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    With the plugins in development and already available, DS is really becoming a serious 3D platform, and when you look at some CG renders made in Hollywood with 3Delight, you realize that there is even more under the hood to dig out.

In Studio, 3Delight is used perhaps at 20-30% of its capabilities and features. If DAZ will be implementing it more and more, renders and possibilities will be greatly enhanced.

edited December 1969

Just an information guys, where is possible to find nipples and genitals for Genesis and V4, M4 etc. ?

edited December 2012

For genesis you need the pro packs, V5 pro, S5 pro or M5 pro. I am assuming you want the daz versions of those bits as I don't suggest you look elsewhere for them. Not sure about V4 and M4 since I never had the bits for them.

You can get nipples a few different places, like NGM for genesis and the body morph resource kits for genesis.

Also Male-M3dia's men have nipple morphs if I recall correctly. Forget which ones.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247
    edited December 1969

The wiki lists entries for the Genesis gens files. So presumably they are eventually going to be available separately, and probably in the forseeable future, since the wiki entries usually show up not *that* long before the product launch. But no one knows any morethan that outside of the DAZ office itself.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

There are also some available on Renderosity.

Is Infinito going to be updated to support instancing?

edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    There are also some available on Renderosity.

I heard a while back that was for infinito 2, but I'll let AM speak up.

• KrazyHorse2KrazyHorse2 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Genesis Gen's are already available. Just reset your download for Studio 4.5 and reinstall the base Genesis package.
    You will find the gen's in people/genesis/anatomy..

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

So DAZ decided to do the right thing and supply the genitals for free with the Content package that comes with DAZ Studio? :bug:

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    So DAZ decided to do the right thing and supply the genitals for free with the Content package that comes with DAZ Studio? :bug:

That's what they should have done in the first place instead of making people buy the pro package.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

That's what they should have done in the first place instead of making people buy the pro package.

That I did not know...

edited December 1969

Gedd said:

Yes, along with a long series of new features.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

That I did not know...

Genesis in it self did not have Gen's you had to buy the pro package of V5/M5 in order to get a complete anatomically correct figure.
    They now come with Genesis and it is my understanding that the V5/M5 gen's are no longer needed.

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

That I did not know...

Genesis in it self did not have Gen's you had to buy the pro package of V5/M5 in order to get a complete anatomically correct figure.
    They now come with Genesis and it is my understanding that the V5/M5 gen's are no longer needed.

Only the female genitalia shows up for me when I re-downloaded a little while ago.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I'll try to make a preset for body hair that will ship with LAMH. Will post some renders as it's done.

For about half a second I didn't realise this wasn't a continuation of the previous post. I now have a mental image of Mickey 5 with instanced flowers sprouting all over his anatomy. Any suggestions for scrubbing it out of my brain...? :red:

Okay, before now I was only looking forward to playing with LaMH. Now I think it'll be one of the best things I could possibly buy for D|S.

• edited December 1969

Oh my goodness...........I am now checking this thread DAILY..........gonna get myself a xmas gift for sure!

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:

Yes, along with a long series of new features.

Nice, this is the one reason I didn't already buy it :)

edited December 2012

Ok I promised Ramwolff a long time ago that when I was ready with some wolf presets, I'd show up some renders. So here they comes a few, with slight variations in fur color and appearance.

About 600000 hair, UE2, mid render settings, 6 minutes render each.

wolf3.jpg
    952 x 543 - 217K
    wolf2.jpg
    952 x 543 - 253K
    wolf1.jpg
    952 x 543 - 297K
    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
    edited December 1969

... and a white wolf howling... RamWolff should be happy now I hope...

wolf_howling.jpg
    748 x 915 - 277K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

OMG OMG OMG! WOW! *faints*

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

... and a white wolf howling... RamWolff should be happy now I hope...

video - where's the video :-)

edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:
    RAMWolff said:

That I did not know...

Only the female genitalia shows up for me when I re-downloaded a little while ago.

Interesting! I have both. Another Daz booboo?

edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:
    RAMWolff said:

That I did not know...

Just to make sure I did it correctly.....I reset my DAZ4 Pro and reinstalled the "DAZ Studio 4 Pro - Genesis Starter Essentials 1.6 - exe - pc" file. There was a "DAZ Studio 4 Pro - DAZ Studio 4.5.x 64-bit - exe - pc" file as well, but I only installed the Genesis Starter Essentials file. I would have thought it would have had a more recent version number but it's still the 1.6 version????

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Dear Santa,

I have been a good girl all year. Please forget the elves and the toy shop. Just bring me LAMH for Christmas. Thank you. I will make a render of you and your beard with my new LAMH.

PS I could use a new computer too.

edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:
    Mari-Anne said:
    RAMWolff said:

That I did not know...

Just to make sure I did it correctly.....I reset my DAZ4 Pro and reinstalled the "DAZ Studio 4 Pro - Genesis Starter Essentials 1.6 - exe - pc" file. There was a "DAZ Studio 4 Pro - DAZ Studio 4.5.x 64-bit - exe - pc" file as well, but I only installed the Genesis Starter Essentials file. I would have thought it would have had a more recent version number but it's still the 1.6 version????

Reset the 4.5 Pro Beta. ------> 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.9_dpc.exe - PC

edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:
    Mari-Anne said:
    RAMWolff said:

That I did not know...

Reset the 4.5 Pro Beta. ------> 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.9_dpc.exe - PC

Wow - thanks for the tip. However, I never did have the 4.5 Pro Beta - only the regular 4.5. Where can I get it? Do you have a link? And what version of 4.5 does that make? 4.5.1.9?

This discussion has been closed.