Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• Also, v1.1.20 is in the queue at all the add-on sites! It adds the "Total Value" calculation above the "Total Spent." I hope it makes everyone feel better. ^_^ It helped me...a little. ;)

Cheers!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    Overdrawn said:

@DanaTA the products should still filter by PC+...so not sure what's up. Could you let me know what version of all the things (browser and extension) you're using? Sorry for the trouble!

No trouble!  Just thought it was odd, and maybe because I'm not in the PC+.

About Chrome says: Version 54.0.2840.87 m

Extension is version 1.1.19

I think I'm remembering wrongly.  The PC+ coupon is for DAZ Originals, not the PC+ items, right?  So, it makes sense now.  I have been out of it for a while now and forgot that simple fact.   blush

Dana

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    edited November 2016

I'm confused again. Today I can't get the options page to show, the order page does not have a 'total' option, and I got the coupon filter to show just once.

Currently on firefox 47.02 and it wants me to update to 49.02.

ETA - shut firefox down and restarted it - and now seem to be on 49.02. Options page showed up, got my order total (!) but still don't get the tags for the coupons in the store pages.

Post edited by namffuak on
  • mrinalmrinal Posts: 641
    Overdrawn said:

Also, v1.1.20 is in the queue at all the add-on sites! It adds the "Total Value" calculation above the "Total Spent." I hope it makes everyone feel better. ^_^ It helped me...a little. ;)

Cheers!

Getting there are we now?

• You know what... I really don't want to come off as a "duck" and just come to your thread with issues about Daz-Deals. How rude of me.

I need to say... this extension is brilliant. It's not going to solve world hunger nor stop intergalatic wars, nor is it a necessity for life. It's just one cool lil' plugin that has a convenience that, obviously, many of us ponder with the what-ifs. I love the fact I can click on the Read Me link beside each item. I adore that someone has this eye-tick that required an Unpin option on the PC+ Sale 2016 page (I have to use it every time when I'm on my own computer). Each time I come back, I discover something that I never knew was there.

Thank you for developing this sorcery in which you call Daz-Deals. You guys rock.

• You are most welcome @MeatRoots! Thank you for the kind words!! It's motivating to be sure. :D

Lots en route. ^_^

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    namffuak said:
    Ati said:
    namffuak said:

Where is the 'options' page, or is it still not working in firefox?

Click on the extension icon, that will open the options page. Usually it is in the top right corner of the browser somewhere, to the right of the address bar.

What I thought - but apparently my firefox was too outdated. And then, like an idiot, I got my total expenditure. Which, over 11 years, adds up to a very nice car, or a major down payment on a house . . . :-(

Now, about the PC+ coupon thing - how do I invoke that?

I feel better now thank you!  Not a lot better, but some lol.

• @namffuak you should see this on any product listing page (such as the main http://daz3d.com/shop page):

Filters | PlatClub Coupon Save6 PA Coupon

The example links should work for the the main shop page fwiw.

Hope that helps!...and I hope they're working for you too. :)

• AtanaciusAtanacius Posts: 333
    edited November 2016

First: Thanks for this excellent 5 rated stars extension for Firefox (I use Firefox).

Second: That's nice from you.

Third: Did I thanked you?

Post edited by Atanacius on
    Overdrawn said:

@namffuak you should see this on any product listing page (such as the main http://daz3d.com/shop page):

Filters | PlatClub Coupon Save6 PA Coupon

The example links should work for the the main shop page fwiw.

Hope that helps!...and I hope they're working for you too. :)

Well - still not seeing these. The links you posed here seem to work, but nothing shows on the shop pages. Note that I have the carousels blocked on this system -- they took up too much screen space and I've never purchased from "what's hot" so I just don't look at them.

Here's a capture of the main store page - firefox 49.02.

no-coupon-filter.jpg
    1167 x 931 - 247K
  • @namffuak interesting. What are you using to block the carousels? It's possible there's some conduct with the two sets of code. Maybe...
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,078

@namffuak I think you're blocking too much. There's normally a "Filters" heading above the select boxes. That part is missing from your screenshot, too.

edited November 2016
    Ati said:

@namffuak I think you're blocking too much. There's normally a "Filters" heading above the select boxes. That part is missing from your screenshot, t00.

Correct - I had a rule blocking the 'show more' that also blocked the filter line apparently. I'm using adblock plus with the 'blockable items' add-in. Clearing that fixed the issue. I really wish marketing would give up on "What's Hot".

Anyway - now working as designed. Thanks, all.

Post edited by namffuak on
  • Overdrawn said:

Also, v1.1.20 is in the queue at all the add-on sites! It adds the "Total Value" calculation above the "Total Spent." I hope it makes everyone feel better. ^_^ It helped me...a little. ;)

Cheers!

Woohoo! Thanks so much for this latest update. I've actually saved an average of 81% off my total owned! I thought it would be around 65-70%, so that takes the sting away significantly from the total spent.

• @DvoraszeniaStudios so glad you like the extension! The total value does help a bit. :) Hope you're enjoying the sale. :D
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Wow, 90% saved.  My actual expenditures could buy a really lousy used car, but my total value would pay for the chauffeur, too.

• Is 1.1.20 available for Chrome? I am on 1.1.19. I can see my total spent, but not toal percentage saved. 

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited November 2016
    Overdrawn said:
    @DvoraszeniaStudios so glad you like the extension! The total value does help a bit. :) Hope you're enjoying the sale. :D

Mine says I have version 1.1.20 but it's not working at all on the order page, not showing total spent or percentage saved...using Firefox.  It was working on the order page before the update.....

Edit to withdraw statement...didn't realize I had to check the box again in options after the update...seems to reset and remove the check during update just in case anyone else thinks it's not working for them

Post edited by Kharma on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    Kharma said:
    Overdrawn said:
    @DvoraszeniaStudios so glad you like the extension! The total value does help a bit. :) Hope you're enjoying the sale. :D

Mine says I have version 1.1.20 but it's not working at all on the order page, not showing total spent or percentage saved...using Firefox.  It was working on the order page before the update.....

Edit to withdraw statement...didn't realize I had to check the box again in options after the update...seems to reset and remove the check during update just in case anyone else thinks it's not working for them

I had the same experience.
  • 1.1.20 on Firefox shows me the total value, now. :)

I'm glad that I didn't spend the amount indicated. After doing the math, I saved 83%. This weekend and April were my huge out-of-pocket expenses (32% of my total spent), with November 2004 taking in 3rd place.

I dig this addon. :D

Kharma said:

Based on the forum reactions, the default behaviour of that feature was changed. It is OFF by default, and you have to explicitly turn it on to see it. In the first version, the default was to be "on". So unless you explicitly turned this feature off and then on previously, the new version of the addon defaults to it being off.

Well, with the release of 1.1.20 I feel a little bit better, as it looks like I've saved just under 71%, but I've spent in the mid 5-digit range. This will change my spending habits in future!

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

This really handy thank you! I just discovered it though, so will be using from now on. I did scare me to see what I have spent so far this year. Aaaaa is all I can say. LOL

• Just  got the update for Chrome. Total value of all purchases - $14,588.14 

My actual cost was *significantly* less than that. Now I feel better about the sticker shock - although... I can't imagine anyone actually spending that kind of money to buy the content I purchased off-sale. 

I guess I can't complain - I've spent only 30.19% of the total value. But the total value hit six digits . . .blush (Too much money, too much time, not enough sense . . .)

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Is there a way to undo the "hide product" feature? I accidently clicked on it for a product I'll want later, and don't want it hidden!

Petercat said:

Is there a way to undo the "hide product" feature? I accidently clicked on it for a product I'll want later, and don't want it hidden!

Go to the product page directly. There is an "Unhide product" button there. Click on that.

This feature will be included in the next major release of the add-on, and in addition to unhiding the products from the product page, it will also contain a list of the products that you have hidden, so you can unhide them more easily.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    Ati said:
    Petercat said:

Go to the product page directly. There is an "Unhide product" button there. Click on that.

This feature will be included in the next major release of the add-on, and in addition to unhiding the products from the product page, it will also contain a list of the products that you have hidden, so you can unhide them more easily.

Awesome! Thanks Ati and Overdrawn! :)

• I know you're all busy with your holiday shopping, but I wanted to post a couple announcement/updates.

First, v1.1.21 was released several days a go. It's "just" a bug fix release that solves the gift card discount percentage display problem--so if/when there's another "% off a gift card" deal, it will show the % off in red in the cart just like any other product.

Second, v2.0.0 is making its way through the (rather long) queue with the Mozilla Firefox add-on editorial staff! We'll be working through the queue first and once that's done, publishing it to Chrome and tossing it into the Opera editorial queue. This version brings loads of features over (and expands on them!) from @Ati's userscripts. It's easily the most significant upgrade yet (hence the bump in major point release).

I'll keep everyone posted here as we go through the queue.

In the meantime, enjoy the sales...and some eggnog (maybe)!! ;)

• Looking Forward to it!

This discussion has been closed.