Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,455

Yes, thank you very much for the addon! It's incredibly helpful!!!

• @firewarden glad you like it. :)

Also, v1.1.18 is up for Chrome and in the queue at the Firefox Add-ons site and for Opera as well.

v1.1.18 fixes the "Load Ownership Info" link staying around longer than it shouild and also with it (when clicked repeated) re-adding the other buttons and things to the product page (reported by @barbult in this post).

Stay tuned for more. ^_^

• Well...I got inspired...

There's now a v1.1.19 that (fixes a small mess I made in the Options panel) and (more improtantly!) adds an "Unpin" link to the PC+ Sale 2016 page so you ucan remove the sticky button panel thing that (sometimes) covers almost 50% of the page (on small laptop screens...like the one I'm using now).

Hope it helps! ^_^

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

What does it mean when it is calculating Total Spent and the shows an explosion?    laugh

Dana

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    DanaTA said:

What does it mean when it is calculating Total Spent and the shows an explosion?    laugh

Dana

If you have to ask you aren't buying enough.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082
    DanaTA said:

Dana

That depends on what browser you are using. The 32-bit versions can only display the total until $4,294,967,295, so if you've spent more than that, the shown sum may be incorrect. laugh

edited November 2016
    Ati said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

That depends on what browser you are using. The 32-bit versions can only display the total until $4,294,967,295, so if you've spent more than that, the shown sum may be incorrect. laugh

It was a joke.  My head exploded, actually (also a joke)!  Could have payed for our new 6 foot vinyl privacy fence with driveway gates, though!  Yikes!

Actually, I think it would take a few more years for the product in the store to add up to the limit in the extension's calculations!!!

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
    DanaTA said:
    Ati said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

It was a joke.

I know. :) So was my response. :) (Sorry, it's getting late, and my jokes are getting worse, as midnight approaches. :)) (Although, that number may be an actual limit, but I need a few more years to check. ;))

Ati said:
    DanaTA said:
    Ati said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

It was a joke.

I know. :) So was my response. :) (Sorry, it's getting late, and my jokes are getting worse, as midnight approaches. :)) (Although, that number may be an actual limit, but I need a few more years to check. ;))

The accumulation has slowed way down for me.  No money to spend on these things.  I have spent $16.95 here for the entire year so far!   sad

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Well, if I total how much I would have spent on therapy with what I have spent here I feel somewhat better about it.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited November 2016

Thanks for the ability to unpin the PC sale page! I'm finding that I need to remove and reinstall the extension from the Chrome store in order to get the updated version. Any idea how I can get it to update automatically?

One more feature request: It would be awesome to have an Iray/3Delight filter in the search results!

Edit: The ReadMe links to each product's documentation are fantastic! Saves so much time. Thank you!

Post edited by dawnblade on
  • lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    Ati said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

I'm scared to check mine because I don't want to see this number.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Oh god. I just checked mine. My first order was 9/9/2006 and I've spent....14,371.44

And that's US amount whereas I am in Australia so I would HATE to try and convert that. 

I console myself by thinking that it's not too bad for 10 years. 

@overdrawn, THANK YOU for that 'unpin' button on the PC sale page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't realize it was from the extension till Ati told me. It's brilliant!!!

Curiosity got the better of me.

Total Spent: $3,560.21 USD since 15/8/2015.

Well, it could be worse.

Somehow.

• Thank you guys, for making me feel much better. 

Evidently I am just a casual pot smoker in a world full of heroin addicts as far as full blown DAZ addiction is concerned. 

Thank you guys, for making me feel much better. 

Evidently I am just a casual pot smoker in a world full of heroin addicts as far as full blown DAZ addiction is concerned. 

laugh

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,704
    jakiblue said:

Oh god. I just checked mine. My first order was 9/9/2006 and I've spent....14,371.44

And that's US amount whereas I am in Australia so I would HATE to try and convert that. 

I console myself by thinking that it's not too bad for 10 years. 

@overdrawn, THANK YOU for that 'unpin' button on the PC sale page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't realize it was from the extension till Ati told me. It's brilliant!!!

If I recall correctly mine was saying it was higher than that.  crying

Wait who put the full screen button so close to the smiley button?  angry

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Opera is now showing version 1.1.19.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Firefox version 1.1.19 still doesn't work for me on the order page even though I just updated it.  It shows the daz deals icon in the upper right corner but when I click on it nothing happens...no options.  Version 1.1.16 works good in chrome tho

• @Kharma what version of Firefox are you on? I did find some strangeness on a Firefox 47 version. :-/
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited November 2016
    Overdrawn said:
    @Kharma what version of Firefox are you on? I did find some strangeness on a Firefox 47 version. :-/

I just finished updating firefox to 49.0.2and had updated the addon earlier to 1.1.19 and now it all works good in Firefox

Post edited by Kharma on
  • That was it then! Thanks, @Kharma. :D Always nice to find the reason. :)
  • So you know what else would be a cool feature, @Overdrawn and @ATI 

A "total retail purchase price of all purchased content" figure. 

Show me not what I spent, but what it would have cost if I had paid full retail for all of it. 

I know I'd enjoy seeing BOTH figures, and I bet DAZ wouldn't mind putting that in perspective for consumers, either. :D 

• @donavancolbert already started on that. ;) Definitely a key value-add (especially from a Daz perspective). Also, it'd be a shame to do all this deal hunting and not feel like you got one in the end...yahknow? ^_^

Thanks for the suggestion, and keep them coming!

So you know what else would be a cool feature, @Overdrawn and @ATI 

A "total retail purchase price of all purchased content" figure. 

Show me not what I spent, but what it would have cost if I had paid full retail for all of it. 

I know I'd enjoy seeing BOTH figures, and I bet DAZ wouldn't mind putting that in perspective for consumers, either. :D 

That feature is done as a userscript now, it does several other things as well, such as total the price of all items in a category (full price and current sale price), sum of wishlist items the same way, sum of owned products the same way etc. It's scheduled to be ported over into the extension soon.

I'm doing final tests on some very exciting new features over the weekend, I think most of you are going to love these! :)

• You guys rock! 

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

The amount I've spent was terrifying. I knew it would be, but I made myself look anyway. Please don't remove the feature - it's only made me more determined to do something useful with all that.. stuff.

• mrinalmrinal Posts: 641

The amount terrified me as well. Had I known I would end up spending so much, I would have definitely considered another hobby.

The amount I've spent was terrifying. I knew it would be, but I made myself look anyway. Please don't remove the feature - it's only made me more determined to do something useful with all that.. stuff.

I agree with this. While it's definitely helped to bring my spending to a screeching halt while I think about how many times I could have bought Marvelous Designer, etc. by now, it's also made me much more determined to get some decent use out of the many many shinies I bought on a whim because pretty.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    lx said:

I agree with this. While it's definitely helped to bring my spending to a screeching halt while I think about how many times I could have bought Marvelous Designer, etc. by now, it's also made me much more determined to get some decent use out of the many many shinies I bought on a whim because pretty.

Ouch. It bothers me that tucked away on my hard drive, Genesis has a (much!) better wardrobe than I do. She has more make-up than she'll ever use, yet it's probably two years since I had as much as a new mascara. A definite shift in priorities is about to take place here :)

This discussion has been closed.