DAZ Horse 2 Product Preview Thread

Comments

• Songbird ReMixSongbird ReMix Posts: 289
    edited December 2012

some great renders... especially Kalazar's and Serene Night's :)

Just to show I could--- here’s 14 fully dressed horses with 14 fully clothed jockeys, Nerd3D's starting gate, my entire Pixel Downs racetrack and some Flock Formation birds to boot. Surprisingly, DAZ Studio and my computer didn’t complain nearly much as I thought they would lol

calarvy_charge2A.JPG
    1000 x 1300 - 239K
    Post edited by Songbird ReMix on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Apples? Funny, in Denmark we call them "horse pears" (literally translated)...

Finns call 'em "horse cakes". ;)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 2012

Hmm it gets more interest when you call the same stuff from a cow a Cow Pie ....Road apples ,Horse pears ,and cow pies ,horse cakes...... I think I just lost my appetite

Post edited by carrie58 on
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Hmm it gets more interest when you call the same stuff from a cow a Cow Pie ....Road apples ,Horse pears ,and cow pies ,horse cakes...... I think I just lost my appetite

So the freebie prop isn't just a prop, but also a dieting aid! COOL! :lol:

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Haaahahahahhahaaahaha you are so wrong Skiriki!!

• kalazarkalazar Posts: 415
    edited December 1969

Carrie58 says

Lovely picture Kalazar how did you get the mane all the way up the neck on the grazeing horse??

Thank you.

It falls that way when you apply the grazing pose.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:

Same as in Norway.

(Hestepærer)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    carrie58 said:

So the freebie prop isn't just a prop, but also a dieting aid! COOL! :lol:

Only if you stare at it too long...

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

i am really on the fence about the horse right now. Im not at home so I cant load the old one and remember how it looks. hard for me to decide at the office (where I actually do most of my shopping....) for this decision I need to be at home. I downloaded the horsey UVmap tool from CauriB (thank you) but I forget how the RTE encode stuff works. Can someone remind me how that works.

edited December 1969

Let me assure you that the new horse looks GOOD when compared to the old one (and I have some extra bells and whistles for it in an attempt to make it look better).

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited December 1969

Actually, the old horse looks pretty good until you try to pose it. And applying the morphs is a pain since the list goes on *forever*

• CauriBCauriB Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

i am really on the fence about the horse right now. Im not at home so I cant load the old one and remember how it looks. hard for me to decide at the office (where I actually do most of my shopping....) for this decision I need to be at home. I downloaded the horsey UVmap tool from CauriB (thank you) but I forget how the RTE encode stuff works. Can someone remind me how that works.

http://www.rtencoder.com/2007/09/21/rtencoder-decoding-tutorial/

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,730
    edited December 2012

Taozen said:

Same as in Norway.

(Hestepærer)

Yes, Danish and Norwegian languages are very much alike.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • rgrinly_3c04c79a1brgrinly_3c04c79a1b Posts: 97
    edited December 2012

Now that there's a nice new horsie in the paddock - could I put in an old request ? How about some talented person producing an ACCURATE Medieval Saddle and Barding ??
    Fantasy stuff is all very well and good, in it's place, but I'm sure there's lots of us who'd like to produce some renders of realistic medieval scenes. And while we're at it..how's about a realistic pack-saddle and cargo, plus realistic ..workable..harness ??

Post edited by rgrinly_3c04c79a1b on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I think the old horse was fin- if you didn't try to pose anyone on his back!

The mane was an issue... .But this new mane does have the bald spot!

I love your picture Kalazar! where did you find the dapple skin? Did it come with a pack.... I admit, I only bought the basic bundle.

• Carioca-BRCarioca-BR Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I read some older posts here saying that some of the Daz Horse 2 Pro Bundle installers are missing and/or incorrect.

Are all Daz Horse 2 Pro Bundle installers correct or not?

Thanks in advance.

edited December 1969

They seem to be OK now.

• Kesha2009Kesha2009 Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    wilmap said:
    Can these all be used in DS4 please? I don't want to upgrade to 4.5 yet so don't want to buy it and find I can't use it!

At least the basic horse sez "1 DAZ Studio Legacy Installer", which is usually used to refer to 4.0 installer. I would, however, wait for someone else to confirm it better, since the Pro bundle is a bit messed up at the moment so I can't fully confirm it for you.

Purchased the Daz Horse 2 today -In my downloads I only receive 2 files-15246_DAZHorse2_1.0_trx and 15246_DAZHorse2PoserCF_1.0_dpc-Installed the installers -It does NOT work in DS4P4.0.3.47
    No I haven't upgraded to DS4.5 and I don't want to Until MOST of the bugs are cleared out of it-Plz Don't start flaming me for NOT
    Upgrading that is MY choice!

Now by this:No, it's a TriAx figure and needs DS4 or Poser 9/Poser Pro 2012 with the DSON Inporter
    I was under the impression that it should work Apparently I have misunderstood the version part of DS4-BUT if it does work in my version of DS4 would someone kindly tell me how to make it work. And I do not have poser.
    BUT in the future would ppl kindly give the version of DS4 in the future? I am really confused on what version ppl are talking about when they don't specify what version it is they are talking about-because of this confusion I have purchased a product that I can not use.What a shame that DAZ couldn't make this horse2 version to WORK in DS4 up to DS4.5. Very disappointed :(

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

still trying to decide if i really want Horse number 2....

• warmbloodwarmblood Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

This is a great resource. Thank you, CauriB! Here's how I got it working:

1) First download and unzip Horse 2 Mil Horse UV and Clone file. Also download RTEncoder. Y

2) Run Rtencoder and from the File menu choose Decode. Locate the file you want to decode (in this case Horse 2 Mil Horse UV and Clone.rte.

3) Once you've selected the file to decode, click Next and specify a name and location for the new zip file. I created it in the unzipped folder from above, and called it Horse2MilHorse.zip.

4) Click Next again and you need to provide a key. In this case, the readme says to use blmilhorse.obj (which should be in your Runtime\geometries\DazAnimals folder). You only need the one key.

5) Click Next. and then Finish.

6) A zipped folder should be created. Unzip it and copy the contents to your DS content folder.

7) I can't remember if it was enough to just refresh the content folder. You may have to restart Daz Studio to get it to all work properly. But when it works, in your Daz Horse 2 folder you'll find a folders for applying the mil horse textures, and when you load a mil horse prop/figure with Daz Horse 2 selected you'll get the autofit dialog. Choose the Mil horse as the original figure.

edited December 1969

Kesha2009 said:
    Purchased the Daz Horse 2 today -In my downloads I only receive 2 files-15246_DAZHorse2_1.0_trx and 15246_DAZHorse2PoserCF_1.0_dpc-Installed the installers -It does NOT work in DS4P4.0.3.47

It did not have "Legacy" installer? Huh, when I wrote that, it did say differently.

Very basic "just the horse, ma'am" says now:
    1 DSON Core Installer
    1 Poser Companion Files Installer

Listing DS4.5/PP2012 etc as requirement.

So, um. If you don't want to upgrade, then you probably want to contact sales via Zendesk and get your money back.

• Kesha2009Kesha2009 Posts: 108
    edited December 2012

@Skiriki
    Thanks for your reply on this- I will keep it I do plan on upgrading but not *soon* -Just rather disappointed that DAZ didn't make it to work in DS4 also *after All DS4 isn't that old of a program YET*. So, I will just droool on other ppl's renders of it.

EDITED To Add:
    It did not have "Legacy" installer? Huh, when I wrote that, it did say differently.

Very basic "just the horse, ma'am" says now:
    1 DSON Core Installer
    1 Poser Companion Files Installer

Listing DS4.5/PP2012 etc as requirement.

So, um. If you don't want to upgrade, then you probably want to contact sales via Zendesk and get your money back.

In this case Daz should have kept that installer in the downloads How is this right? First ppl that purchased Horse2 got this installer but the ones of us late on purchasing Horse2 don't get that installer? Just my opinion but this isn't right.

Post edited by Kesha2009 on
    edited December 2012

My own Reality-based render is still going on. :/ 25th hour, now. I might have set the image size a weebit too big, but I don't want to stop now.

Edit: I think the Legacy installer was listed by mistake.

Post edited by Skiriki on
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Just to show I could--- here’s 14 fully dressed horses with 14 fully clothed jockeys, Nerd3D's starting gate, my entire Pixel Downs racetrack and some Flock Formation birds to boot. Surprisingly, DAZ Studio and my computer didn’t complain nearly much as I thought they would lol

Impressive!

Are the Pixel Downs racetrack and Nerd3D's starting gate still to come? I haven't been able to find them in the store.

edited December 1969

zigraphix said:

Impressive!

Are the Pixel Downs racetrack and Nerd3D's starting gate still to come? I haven't been able to find them in the store.

I checked his Cornucopia-page to see if he have them there, but no such luck. And there isn't any race-tracks in the DAZ' store either.

So, we need:
    -Horse race track / Car race track (Indy500?)
    -Stadium (for race track: exterior and interior

With some decent close-up details and textures would be nice.

• Songbird ReMixSongbird ReMix Posts: 289
    edited December 1969

Pixel Downs and the starting gate are probably a week or two away-- they were both submitted to DAZ yesterday and have a few hoops to jump through (or a few furlongs to run) before you'll see them in the store. If you'd like to see more images, I've posted some here.

In order to create that 14 horse field, I needed 9 more jockey silks, so I ended up creating them for my render. If you have the jockey set, I've provided the textures I did for the silks and posted them in my freebies. I patterned many of them after famous Kentucky Derby winners like Gallant Fox, Secretariat, Seattle Slew, Affirmed, Whirlaway, Count Fleet and War Admiral.

edited December 1969

Just trying out Kingly Bardling and some poses

reality_sceneCelArmH2b1_(1000_x_800).jpg
    1000 x 800 - 154K
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282
    edited December 1969

Hi Kalazar - can you tell us what software and lighting you are using. The lighting is what I'd like to achieve but I am still on the learning curve. Thanks

edited December 1969

3Ddreamer said:

Hi Kalazar - can you tell us what software and lighting you are using. The lighting is what I’d like to achieve but I am still on the learning curve. Thanks

I'm trying to learn also. I use DSPro4.5, 1 distant light (left side) and 1 spot light (top). Both with deep shadow 20% bias. Then rendered in Reality2.5. And, for me, lighting is HARD.I render a lot of pixs adjusting the lights each time, until I get something halfway decent. Good luck.LOL

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

still trying to decide if i really want Horse number 2....

Ditto. I mean it's shiny and all but how much would I really use it?