Update on Issues with Platinum Club Renewals

Comments

• edited December 1969

I may be oversimplifying things... but can't they put the old site back up while they fix the new site behind the scenes?

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

ragaray said:
    I may be oversimplifying things... but can't they put the old site back up while they fix the new site behind the scenes?

Because the underlying database is different from what the old site needs.

• legolielegolie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I think I am not seen as a PC member or I don't see where it is mentionned ...and when I am trying to make a bug report to https://bugs.daz3d.com/ my loggin is not recognized ....
    How pitiful for people like me whose native language is not English !!!!

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

You need to create a new account for bugs system. It is a separate system from the store and forums.

edited December 1969

Thanks, I have created a new account and now I am waiting for the validation email ... rofl ...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I didn't think that you needed verifiacation for opening a bug tracker account.

Normally only new accounts with Daz3D itself need verifying.

edited December 1969

I created a new account (signup for a new account), they just asked me for an username and my email address and there was written :

"On completion of this form and verification of your answers, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address you specified.
    Using the confirmation e-mail, you will be able to activate your account. If you fail to activate your account within seven days, it will be purged.
    You must specify a valid e-mail address in order to receive the account confirmation e-mail."

Of course, I never received an email and of course when I want to loggin they ask me a password I have never given or be given.

So, thanks for your replies but I gave up and I will wait 15 days to see if the website is working at last and no longer loose my time with all those delirious bugs :-))

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

I don't remember doing that when I did my account, but maybe they changed it. Its been about 5 years since I signed up.

edited June 2012

legolie said:
    I created a new account (signup for a new account), they just asked me for an username and my email address and there was written :

"On completion of this form and verification of your answers, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address you specified.
    Using the confirmation e-mail, you will be able to activate your account. If you fail to activate your account within seven days, it will be purged.
    You must specify a valid e-mail address in order to receive the account confirmation e-mail."

Of course, I never received an email and of course when I want to loggin they ask me a password I have never given or be given.

So, thanks for your replies but I gave up and I will wait 15 days to see if the website is working at last and no longer loose my time with all those delirious bugs :-))

We have verified that this is indeed what happens. What we don't know is why you are not receiving an email for verification.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • amumoamumo Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

I cannot login in the "bug link"...sorry but the old site was better...
    Now my account is blocked or not?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

The bug tracker isn't attached to DAZ website. You have to sign up for an account.

• Pennes From HeavenPennes From Heaven Posts: 174
    edited December 1969

My account isn't showing that I'm a platinum member but the items prices reflect that I am and I saw this morning that my auto payment was taken out. I only get regular newsletters, no longer any platinum only. When trying to complete a bug report there was no choices that related to this issue only software and crashes and such. I have been holding on to part of a gift certificate to use in combination with the promised $6 coupon but I have almost given up waiting for that to come true. Oh, well, I understand any changes can come with difficulties but this has been worse than I thought it would be. I am waiting to see if all this is worth the trouble in the end before I make up my mind whether to stay a member. In the short time I have been a member, I have enjoyed all that came with that membership, too bad that most of the perks have been changed.

• DarkRiderDLMCDarkRiderDLMC Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

HEAR HEAR, to ALL that has been said :(

But Content Paradise lost my business when they made all their store changes and killed off their forum.

Yeah, I was spending about half my 3D budget at CP, then they killed their club and forums and I left. I buy there once or twice a year now.

I'm a Poser user, which means that as the Daz and Smith Micro products head in differing directions, PC membership offers me less of interest than it used to anyway.

I can only afford one "club" and I'd hate to go to Rendo's Prime after explaining how much better the PC membership benefits were than Primes - about a week before Daz blew everything up...

• LynnInDenverLynnInDenver Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

dollmommy said:
    I am waiting to see if all this is worth the trouble in the end before I make up my mind whether to stay a member.

The really bad part for me, now, is that, depending on how it looks here at the end of July, I have to make a decision whether to keep using Genesis, or admit it was a wasted investment and move back to V4 on account of the future of the whole thing being absolutely uncertain.

I have no doubt someone will pick up the crate of IP if DAZ folds as a result of all this, which is seeming more likely by the hour... what's of concern is whether they'll decide to continue Genesis and DAZStudio, or that there needs to be a complete refocus on Poser at the expense of that. I've managed to make a lot of V4 and even V3 stuff work with Genesis, so I can in some ways have my cake and eat it to, but on the other hand, what would be the point of using software and content that I'd eventually be forced to abandon anyway?

I won't make any seriously lasting decisions until the beginning of July... but on the gripping hand, I'll probably just delete the latest "new content" newsletter and not buy what might be useful outfits - that's $15-30 right off the bat that DAZ3D has lost because of the problems. Too much more, and I expect to see PAs starting to jump ship.

edited December 1969

dollmommy said:
    My account isn't showing that I'm a platinum member but the items prices reflect that I am and I saw this morning that my auto payment was taken out. I only get regular newsletters, no longer any platinum only. When trying to complete a bug report there was no choices that related to this issue only software and crashes and such. I have been holding on to part of a gift certificate to use in combination with the promised $6 coupon but I have almost given up waiting for that to come true. Oh, well, I understand any changes can come with difficulties but this has been worse than I thought it would be. I am waiting to see if all this is worth the trouble in the end before I make up my mind whether to stay a member. In the short time I have been a member, I have enjoyed all that came with that membership, too bad that most of the perks have been changed.

Your profile is showing you as a PC member.

• LynnInDenverLynnInDenver Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

I can only afford one "club" and I'd hate to go to Rendo's Prime after explaining how much better the PC membership benefits were than Primes - about a week before Daz blew everything up...

To be honest, the whole thing is just leaving a bad taste in my mouth about "premium clubs" in general right at the moment. $50 is a lot of money.

I've basically had to somewhat apologize to two friends this week, inform them of the problems with DAZ3D, given that I'm the one that talked them into picking up DAZStudio 4 Pro when it went freebie. And basically warning them about spending money. One of them bought Victoria 4, and I'm counseling him to not purchase anything further for right now.

• GeneRufusGeneRufus Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is getting ridiculous. I have a monthly account set to renew automatically. When I checked my account on the 2nd and the morning of the 3rd, it said that it was set to renew on the 3rd, (which was the correct date BTW). When I checked on the 4th, it said my subcription had expired. Since forum reports said the renewal issues were being fixed, I simply left it. When I checked again on the 5th and the 6th, the site said that I was a PC member again, and that my subscription was set to renew on June 6th. When I checked this morning, the site said that my membership had expired AGAIN. When I checked just now, and the site says I have no subscriptions whatsoever. I tried submitting a bug report this morning, but I haven't gotten the account validation email yet. Also, I have no idea if I was actually charged for this months renewal, since I can't make sense of the new order history page.

edited June 2012

GeneRufus said:
    This is getting ridiculous. I have a monthly account set to renew automatically. When I checked my account on the 2nd and the morning of the 3rd, it said that it was set to renew on the 3rd, (which was the correct date BTW). When I checked on the 4th, it said my subcription had expired. Since forum reports said the renewal issues were being fixed, I simply left it. When I checked again on the 5th and the 6th, the site said that I was a PC member again, and that my subscription was set to renew on June 6th. When I checked this morning, the site said that my membership had expired AGAIN. When I checked just now, and the site says I have no subscriptions whatsoever. I tried submitting a bug report this morning, but I haven't gotten the account validation email yet. Also, I have no idea if I was actually charged for this months renewal, since I can't make sense of the new order history page.

Your profile is showing you as a PC ,member, so you should be seein PC prices, and be able to access the MO forum

If you can't try clearing your cache and cookies, also possibly browsing history and logging back in again.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Just wanting to watch the thread in hopes of learning when we get the coupon.... since subscribing to the topic alone doesn't seem to work.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

I have updated the first post in my thread in the Commons but am also posting this here as well:

All Those Having PC Membership Issues, Please Read:

From Britney Creek:

For all paying PC Membership previous to Magento, you have seen numerous errors with your PC Membership. We have found a resolution for these issues.

You will see an order for your Membership being charged $1 of store credit that you did not make. This is correct. DAZ issued $1 to your account and made an order for your Membership again for you. Once this has been done, you will no longer see any issues with your PC Membership. If until this has been done to your account, you miss any sales, please let us know, we will take care of that for you.

Thank you for your patience.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Thank you for passing that on, Ann - must be nie for you to actually have the management say something you can use!

Meanwhile, I shall sit and wait and see if this order-thingy happens to/for me.

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

I first posted my ticket about being double billed 8 days ago now. It has been three days since I was finally contacted (though I have heard nothing).All my problems began after I purchased an annual PC subscription. After making this purchase I started being charged for two monthly subscriptions. The problem seems quite straight forward to me. I would like to see all the billings for monthly subscriptions that occurred after purchasing an annual sub refunded. There were eight of these charges and I have provided order and paypal numbers for them. I really don't see why this has to be dragged out over many days. This should have been a simple case of check the dates and apply store credit. Explaining this matter to customer service has been an absolute nightmare.

I know those guys are running off their feet to deal with the brown clumpies that have hit the fan since the site upgrades, but as said, this is a simple matter and should not require great intellect to understand. Here are the dates > here are the charges > subtract these charges and all is good.

I know it is all but useless to vent in these forums, but where else am I going to do it. At least there are others here who know the sort of nonsense that some of us are going through.

• edited December 1969

I have to agree with many of the posts here, I am also seeing a general decline in the customer service I get from DAZ. The issues with the new site and Platinum Club are a great example of this.

How do you not know that you are going to have a problem before you launch the site because your old vouchers won't work with your new system? and then when you do have a problem, do you drop an email to all of those of us who have been members for YEARS? No you expect us to dig out references in posts buried in a forum. Even when I take the time to call I am not given information, but asked to check here.

This is a lousy way to do business and says a lot about the attitude of those in charge. When you realize that you have created a problem for loyal customers, you shouldn't wait until they come to you and ask what happened and then refer them to the forums, you should contact them and say "hey we are having a problem and we are working on it, sorry for the inconvenience." An email takes little effort and it would also free up a lot of help requests and help with the backlog that they are dealing with.

Most of all it would tell customers that you care, something I don't seem to be seeing a lot of from DAZ right now.

I am very disappointed and should say that this and a lack of support for Poser have made me seriously reconsider renewing my membership. A membership that I have had for many years.

BTW I am STILL not seeing anything about a solution to said PC voucher/gift certificate issue am I missing something or has this still not been resolved?

• HellerHeller Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I last checked my account status on June 5, and it said my monthly membership was valid through June 6. It is now June 8 (Mountain Standard Time), and now my PC subscription says Expired. My bank does not show any recent transactions from DAZ, even though the account was supposed to auto-renew. The last actual purchase I made was on May 3, other than a May 4 auto-renewal. I'm still seeing $1.99 items in the store. My credit card information appears to be correct. If DAZ tried to make an autopay prior to June 3, it would have failed, because I had already told them a few years ago that I did not receive my once-a-month disability payment until the 3rd, and they kindly adjusted my due date to the 6th.

• jhofflerjhoffler Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

I have updated the first post in my thread in the Commons but am also posting this here as well:

All Those Having PC Membership Issues, Please Read:

From Britney Creek:

For all paying PC Membership previous to Magento, you have seen numerous errors with your PC Membership. We have found a resolution for these issues.

You will see an order for your Membership being charged $1 of store credit that you did not make. This is correct. DAZ issued $1 to your account and made an order for your Membership again for you. Once this has been done, you will no longer see any issues with your PC Membership. If until this has been done to your account, you miss any sales, please let us know, we will take care of that for you.

Thank you for your patience.

What's Magento? Also, the fix seems to address only those who suffered complete loss of membership. Does Britney not recognize any other type of PC membership issue (non-PC pricing in cart, voucher program changes, non-delivery of the new diminished coupons)? That would just be sad.

edited December 1969

This was a fix designed to address one of the specific issues that had arisen. It does not mean that they are not working on fixing other problems, just that this one is being addressed in this manner.

Be assured Daz3D is working hard to get all issues worked out of the system.

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

*sigh* Well, I've just been added to the list of wrongly 'expired' PC members, even though I renew annually and my sub is not set to be renewed until September 2013. Looks like everyone is being treated as a monthly renewer, since my account wrongly describes my membership as monthly. I can still (for the moment at least) access the Members Only area (and my Public Profile still lists me as a PC Group member) and see PC prices correctly, so it appears to be just a 'cosmetic' error right now since I don't (hopefully) need to renew any time soon. I've put in a support request as required, just posting here to let peeps know that the problem is still happening. No need for any advice from you over-worked mods. :)

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited June 2012

very confused, I am now 'expired' I purchased a monthly membership in Oct 2011, followed by a annual upgrade later in the same month, IIRC my expire date was December 2012 i think, however the date in the subscriptions bit is march 2013 and is also listed as monthly, I can still access the MO forum and am seeing PC prices, do I need to contact support and how would I do that?
    cheers :)

daz-PC.PNG
    800 x 133 - 33K
    daz-PC2.PNG
    754 x 400 - 20K
    Post edited by IanTP on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Same as you Ian, annual member, but with expiry in May 2013, and .. set to Expired ;)

edited December 1969

Issue noted, logged and passed on.