DAZ Horse 2 Product Preview Thread

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Since everyone else is posting their horsies, I thought I'd add mine. On a somewhat related note though, I don't seem to have textures for the bridle. I'm sure I installed all the packages and nothing else seems to be missing, but it does seem odd that I have no materials for it. Oh well, on with the horsies!

Final_Horse_Render.png
    1480 x 892 - 2M
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Does anyone like the new horse's tail and mane? I'm afraid I don't — IMHO the mane morphs are a bit limited, to say the least, and the tail is not easy to pose. I've yet to get them looking all that realistic in a render, too. Either the hair looks too regular, or too randomly flung about, there doesn't seem to be anything in between.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Faewolf said:
    I loooove this horse!

so much more realistic <3</p>

only thing i felt the need to change was the hair as i like it up higher on the neck ^_^ Cant wait to see what the PA's will come up with :D

Well, I missed this and it's so beautiful. Thanks for sharing it!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited December 1969

Wow AA that mane and tail look great !! Stayed up way too late for this render last night but I like it,still need to do some work with the ground texture though.....

Horse2.png
    1119 x 948 - 1M
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Does anyone like the new horse's tail and mane? I'm afraid I don't — IMHO the mane morphs are a bit limited, to say the least, and the tail is not easy to pose. I've yet to get them looking all that realistic in a render, too. Either the hair looks too regular, or too randomly flung about, there doesn't seem to be anything in between.

I highly doubt it. I can only assume they were rushed and made conforming in the hope that PAs would fix them--which hopefully will happen before too long.
  • peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

I really like the variety of this Mil Horse 2 and the flexibility of Genesis. Everything scales up so nicely...

ToyHorse.jpg
    1000 x 967 - 450K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited December 1969

Playing with bump maps in Carrara 8.5b :)

Horse_in_barn2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 363K
    edited December 1969

Stezza ..... ummm where did you get the horse pattie??

edited December 1969

Since everyone else is posting their horsies, I thought I'd add mine. On a somewhat related note though, I don't seem to have textures for the bridle. I'm sure I installed all the packages and nothing else seems to be missing, but it does seem odd that I have no materials for it. Oh well, on with the horsies!

Are you useing DS or Poser?? in DS they are nested in the Tack file in Poser they are in the Materials under DAZ Horse2 ......

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Stezza ..... ummm where did you get the horse pattie??

lol.. textured primitive in Carrara :)

edited December 1969

Oh okay .....and Stezza thank you very much for not telling "from the horse" .......yep after I asked my brain did a double take .....

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

This one was fun! I wanted to play with the pony too. Moondance.

Moondance-s.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 243K
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 2012

Grane wings parented to the DAZHorse2. DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Pegasus vs Pegasus

PegasusVsPegasus-x2000.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Grane wings parented to the DAZHorse2. DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Pegasus vs Pegasus
    I love the winged horse as much as anyone, but my money's on the bus winning this stand off.
  • BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Pegasus vs Pegasus
    I love the winged horse as much as anyone, but my money's on the bus winning this stand off.

Ah yes but ... Pegasus is magic, made by the Gods for the Gods and friends. The bus is just a bus.

edited December 1969

And a quick horse render. Just an ordinary horse.

Horse2A.jpg
    700 x 700 - 208K
  • LadyfyreLadyfyre Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

CauriB said:
    I created an UV set for the new horse to take Millenium Horse textures, I also created a clone to auto fit your old items to the new horse. I also included some materials for easy application of the old textures ( LnL Ultimate Horses, Mil Unicorn, Fantasy Unicorns and the textures that are included in the Mil horse Bundle)
    You can download the files at my freebie site, the link to my freebie site is in my signature.
    The files are rtencoded against the blMilHorse.obj. More instructions are in the readme.
    Hope you like it.

Wish I'd seen this earlier lol, just about finished remapping the horse and came on here for help getting the new materials to load with the uvs.

Thank you for all your hard work and for sharing it:coolsmile:

edited December 1969

CauriB said:
    I created an UV set for the new horse to take Millenium Horse textures, I also created a clone to auto fit your old items to the new horse. I also included some materials for easy application of the old textures ( LnL Ultimate Horses, Mil Unicorn, Fantasy Unicorns and the textures that are included in the Mil horse Bundle)
    You can download the files at my freebie site, the link to my freebie site is in my signature.
    The files are rtencoded against the blMilHorse.obj. More instructions are in the readme.
    Hope you like it.

Very kind to do this and very quick work too!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited December 1969

Horses in snow

horsenew.jpg
    1094 x 595 - 151K
  • LadyfyreLadyfyre Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

Horses in snow

That is just beautiful, would make a lovely Christmas card :)
    edited December 1969

Horses in snow

That is just beautiful, would make a lovely Christmas card :)

Thanks! I made it to go on my facebook page.... I love the new horse!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Horses in snow

I thought it was a photo. Lighting and coloring match so well. I love it.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

That the Planet Alpine skydome?

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    That the Planet Alpine skydome?

No, I buy backdrops at renderosity. I think she uses daz content and some of bryce, as I've noticed some elements (like moongate and such).
    The backdrop is called. Winter landscaps by Melkor. IT is possible she uses some sort of skydome, although this set predated planet alpine so I'm not sure whence its origin.

The lighting is Lantios Core lighting by lantios
    Then I touched it up with some snow brushes bought at rendo to add more foregound snow and an icey overall feel to the pic.

• kalazarkalazar Posts: 415
    edited December 1969

Just trying out the new Horse2

reality_scene2Horse5_(1000_x_800).jpg
    1000 x 800 - 195K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the horse pattie Skiriki I was looking for those so I wouldn't step in it ........

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 2012

Skiriki said:
    DAWWWWWWW. That's so cute. :)

In other news, if anyone thinks that the stables need stuff to move about, if you know what I mean, I have made a free resource for that...
    Thanks!

KickAir 8P I just love the bear.

Thanks! Iron Bear was originally supposed to be Iron Pony, but my attempts to make the texture map failed miserably — The DH2’s UV map may be excellent for realism, but not so good with the Toy Pony. Even simple quarter-marks distort, like that radiation symbol. I’ve got a number of super-heroes I’d love to do pony emulations of — if somebody could do a more toy-friendly UV with a seam guide I’d really appreciate it.

I don't know if this will help but crblackthorne has remapped the MIlhorse 2 to take mil horse 1 textures and created a clone, I haven't tried it yet, heres a link anyway

https://sites.google.com/site/crblackthorne/downloads
    It works great for using MilHorse textures on the DH2 and Autofiting MilHorse stuff to it -- a wonderful and timely resource! Doesn't help with mapping low-distortion costumes for the Toy Horse though, or even low-distortion quarter-marks, since the MilHorse and DH2 have such similar UV layouts.

Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

Kalazar said:
    Just trying out the new Horse2

Lovely picture Kalazar how did you get the mane all the way up the neck on the grazeing horse??

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,713
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Apples? Funny, in Denmark we call them "horse pears" (literally translated)...