DAZ Horse 2 Product Preview Thread

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited November 2012

Kerya said:
    OK, brain still not working right - but I remembered that the 40% for PC are running out end of this month ... sooo I bought the Pro bundle (christmas is now for me).

The DSON cores for
    WagonTrail1, wagonTrail2 and BarnYard are missing ...

Those are in Poser format - dpc installers. Presumably the DS materials are in the Pose/Material library with the Poser files.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

tridymit said:
    cwrw said:
    The Pro Pack Horse textures updated for the new Daz Horse.

More to come of the other horse coats/colors!

well, i got my horse textes over from Rendo. :(

Now i cant get the new horse with the old textures... *goes to cry*

I don't think that means the update is free.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    OK, brain still not working right - but I remembered that the 40% for PC are running out end of this month ... sooo I bought the Pro bundle (christmas is now for me).

The DSON cores for
    WagonTrail1, wagonTrail2 and BarnYard are missing ...

Those are in Poser format - dpc installers. Presumably the DS materials are in the Pose/Material library with the Poser files.

Thank you!!!!
    Maybe I should just go back to bed ... looks like my brain still isn't back from taking a walk (without me).
    *sniff, cough*

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Question on those wanting the kinda medieval tack thing would this work: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/saddle-addon

At least one of the textures there would seem like it would work and I wonder if you could turn off some of the additional bits you don't need to make it fit the period nicely? IDK I cant picture exactly what everyone is wanting per say so I could be wrong but saw the third or fourth promo and thought it kinda seemed plausible in that sort of scenario.

Medieval saddles don't have the saddlehorn and cantle (back) and pommel (front) are higher & wider.

era_006.jpg
    589 x 409 - 27K
  • MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited December 1969

OK, I guess I m the one that checks the teeth first.

horse_teeth.jpg
    450 x 450 - 80K
  • KarthKarth Posts: 709
    edited December 1969

Ah..is that Mr. Ed ? *gg*

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited December 1969

Toy Pony rendered in Bryce 7 Pro. Click the image to see it enlarged.

ToyPony03.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 170K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited December 1969

Love Horse 2!

horse.jpg
    854 x 1098 - 222K
  • IVSMAIVSMA Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

It's off to the glue factory for my Millennium Horse!!!

This new fella is wonderful!!

:bug: :-)

DAZ_Horse_2_TEST_PW.jpg
    808 x 808 - 69K
  • Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

I want THAT saddle!!!

BWSman said:
    Question on those wanting the kinda medieval tack thing would this work: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/saddle-addon

At least one of the textures there would seem like it would work and I wonder if you could turn off some of the additional bits you don't need to make it fit the period nicely? IDK I cant picture exactly what everyone is wanting per say so I could be wrong but saw the third or fourth promo and thought it kinda seemed plausible in that sort of scenario.

Medieval saddles don't have the saddlehorn and cantle (back) and pommel (front) are higher & wider.

• tridymittridymit Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    tridymit said:
    cwrw said:
    The Pro Pack Horse textures updated for the new Daz Horse.

More to come of the other horse coats/colors!

well, i got my horse textes over from Rendo. :(

Now i cant get the new horse with the old textures... *goes to cry*

I don't think that means the update is free.

sure?
    Sometimes DAZ gives them rather cheap or a free update...

But as said, i got mine at Rendo (way before they were availible here) not here - so no update for me :(

edited December 1969

This set: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/traveler-props-pack-2

Has an interesting pack for the Mil horse. It also has some good props I've used in the past.

The horse pack may fit the donkey or new horse, although I have not tried it.

• edited December 1969

Tiny said:
    Love the new horse as I've stated before but I didn't get the bundle because of all the stuff I don't need.

There are loads of things I miss morphing wise on the basic DH2 compared to Millhorse. It has very limited morphs so I will not be able to use it in my game project. Have to stick with the Millhorse.
    I don't feel like spending $87 to get lots of not needed items just to get the extra morphs. Will probably return it. Am not happy any longer. >:(

I was not happy about having to buy the pro bundle to get additional morphs. I'll be staying with the original horse for now. I have played with adding dynamic hair for the mane and tail (I even brought the horse into Hex to delete the mane and tale geometry), but I'd love to see what you can do. I love your furred cats and dogs!
  • edited December 1969

BWSman said:

I have a saddle like this somewhere in my saved Hex files. I never did the UVs so I never released it. I want to do a decent bridle too, and a bosal for the western tack.

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

I have a question about the western gear by Valander, does anyone know if it comes with some hand poses for the rifle and bow?

• ann_132f7ed3c5ann_132f7ed3c5 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Does anyone now if I can use this horse in Poser8? I don't think DSON (not sure if I've got that right) works with Poser 8.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2012

No DSON is Poser 9+ only., so it won't work in P8.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

I have a question about the western gear by Valander, does anyone know if it comes with some hand poses for the rifle and bow?

Good question. The product description doesn't say they are included so I'm assuming there are none. =-( Hopefully if they are included, the page will be updated to say so.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Good question. The product description doesn't say they are included so I'm assuming there are none. =-( Hopefully if they are included, the page will be updated to say so.

You are correct in assuming that there are no poses, because I have purchased weapons before that had no poses to hold them. :(

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

That's too bad, I like the rifle. Maybe another time.

• CauriBCauriB Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

I created an UV set for the new horse to take Millenium Horse textures, I also created a clone to auto fit your old items to the new horse. I also included some materials for easy application of the old textures ( LnL Ultimate Horses, Mil Unicorn, Fantasy Unicorns and the textures that are included in the Mil horse Bundle)
    You can download the files at my freebie site, the link to my freebie site is in my signature.
    The files are rtencoded against the blMilHorse.obj. More instructions are in the readme.
    Hope you like it.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

CauriB said:
    I created an UV set for the new horse to take Millenium Horse textures, I also created a clone to auto fit your old items to the new horse. I also included some materials for easy application of the old textures ( LnL Ultimate Horses, Mil Unicorn, Fantasy Unicorns and the textures that are included in the Mil horse Bundle). You can download the files at my freebie site, the link to my freebie site is in my signature. The files are rtencoded against the blMilHorse.obj. More instructions are in the readme.

Hope you like it.

Thanks! What version of RTEncode did you use?
  • CauriBCauriB Posts: 101
    edited November 2012

I used version 1, but version 2 should work too.

Post edited by CauriB on
  • Carioca-BRCarioca-BR Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Does the DAZ Horse 2 Pro Bundle include zebra morphs and textures?

Also, I hope someone will release a realistic unicorn for the horse.

edited December 1969

Does the DAZ Horse 2 Pro Bundle include zebra morphs and textures?

Also, I hope someone will release a realistic unicorn for the horse.

I have heard wings and horn are in the works. I'm sure they'd be somewhat easy- at least the horn- to do. =-)

• BorgBoy7BorgBoy7 Posts: 102
    edited December 1969

Is it just me or was there a toon animal morph that made the horse into a hippo yesterday? I know I saw it, it was there now it's gone.
    Too soon to release the product or limited time sale? What?

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

BorgBoy7 said:
    Is it just me or was there a toon animal morph that made the horse into a hippo yesterday? I know I saw it, it was there now it's gone.

It was released too early (read that in another thread). I saw it in the store too last night.

• BorgBoy7BorgBoy7 Posts: 102
    edited November 2012

BorgBoy7 said:

It was released too early (read that in another thread). I saw it in the store too last night.

Good to hear, thought I was going nuts there for a moment.
    In the recent past a few people have released products and then they and their owners hopped ship overnight.
    Glad this was not the case.

Thanks!

Post edited by BorgBoy7 on
  • BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

DavidGB said:
    Well, looks good, and I'd like a better horse figure .... but it appears to be lacking the one accessory I'd need, exactly the same as the original Mil Horse. :down:

I'd want the horse for renders illustrating a story in a medieval-ish fantasy setting, but geared up just for travelling, not jousting or as heavy cavalry. So I just want simple historical/fantasy horse tack, NOT barding.

I'd like that too. It's the high cantle saddle that is needed. I'd try but I don't know enough about horse tack.

Saddles were improved upon during the Middle Ages, as knights needed saddles that were stronger and offered more support. The resulting saddle had a higher cantle and pommel (to prevent the rider from being unseated in warfare) and was built on a wooden tree that supported more weight from a rider with armor and weapons.

Wikipedia on saddle history though still a bit war focussed.

Most people were not knights and didn't wear armour but still seem to have used the high cantle. Maybe it made them feel safe as riding was ordinary transport for many people. There is a saddle for the old Daz charger that could do if it could be re-fitted. It's not the one from here - maybe Poser World?

chargersaddle.jpg
    444 x 345 - 84K
    Post edited by Baglet on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

Llama decimated from over 700 000 polys to under 30 000 for iClone, retargeted in pipeline, animated using robocat walk imotion

llama.gif
    500 x 500 - 10M