DAZ Horse 2 Product Preview Thread

Comments

• ChristenChristen Posts: 240
    edited December 1969

When does the sale end for the pro bundle? Don't have the $ at the moment, but would like to grab it before the sale ends.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    Well, looks good, and I'd like a better horse figure .... but it appears to be lacking the one accessory I'd need, exactly the same as the original Mil Horse. :down:

I'd want the horse for renders illustrating a story in a medieval-ish fantasy setting, but geared up just for travelling, not jousting or as heavy cavalry. So I just want simple historical/fantasy horse tack, NOT barding. But for MH2 the selection appears to be the same as for the original MH: Western and modern English tack, both anachronistic for my needs; and historical/fantasy barding for battle, joust or pageant display, not simple travelling tack. Nobody seems to have made a set of fantasy/historical non-barding tack suitable for just journeying down the road since the set for the DAZ Charger.

So, question:

Are any out of the Ceremonial Armor, Knightly Barding or Dark Barding made in such a way that one can extract - or turn bits off so one only sees - a basic, no armour set of tack appropriate for a medieval/fantasy milieu: bridle and reins, saddle pad/blanket, girth, stirrups and simple saddle only?

I mean ... even for those with a medieval knight jousting and trotting off questing with their destrier in full barding (which one wouldn't have just for travelling, but never mind), where's the tack for the lady's palfrey, the merchant's rouncey or the bandit's hobby? Or even for the knight or lord's courser when they are just out hunting? And my fantasy series is set somewhere that is not medieval England, is not that much like medieval England, does not have knights per se, and while barding does exist amongst certain groups for certain purposes, it is rare and never features in the stories.

So please: could somebody make some basic tack suitable for pre-nineteenth century non-warhorses (and even warhorses while travelling and not actually in or just about to go into battle)?

I suppose I might be able to extract the tack from Predatron's Lorez Horse or donkey and refit them .... sigh.

Daio's Native Costume sets might be of some use. They aren't medieval, but they aren't the modern stuff either. Should be at Rendo unless they've gone the way of clearance/disappearance.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited December 1969

Zelroth said:
    I have a question - I was looking at the Wagon Trails - They look nice, but I am not seeing anything about any harness in either one. Does anyone know if a harness is included with either one or where one might be that could work? As usual I have an idea and am trying to get the kinks worked out before spending the bit of money I have.

Zelroth: Neither of the Wagon Trails sets has a harness, They were more meant for scene filler (props to a degree) I had thought there would be a harness included that worked with anything and so we did rig it to function but did not do the harness as we develop in Poser and I still can't quite wrap my head around rigging stuff up in DS and had thought someone better experienced would be releasing one. I am not sure if there is a separate harness in the bundle though or not as I haven't gotten the full Pro Bundle etc yet so on that part you would need to wait for an answer from Kevin as to if it has one or one is coming (or someone who has gotten it? I did see Spencer's wagon shows a Harness and I don't see that it is included which makes me think there is one around somewhere?) . I could answer on the Wagon Trails sets though so thought I would at least answer that part of the question. So sorry we didn't include a harness, I just didn't want to do something I was fairly certain we could not do well due to lack of experience. :(

• frodifrodi Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Why don't I see the pictures in this thread? I updated Kaspersky to 2013 and now do see pictures in other threads, but not in this one. Daz/Studio is in the trusted settings of Kaspersky.

edited December 1969

frodi said:
    Why don't I see the pictures in this thread? I updated Kaspersky to 2013 and now do see pictures in other threads, but not in this one. Daz/Studio is in the trusted settings of Kaspersky.

If you looked at this thread before the update it could be the thread is partially cached? Have you tried doing a hard refresh? Ctrl +F5 I believe in Fire Fox. Not sure what it is in IE etc. Could be that. If not, I'm not sure, I can see them all ok.

edited December 1969

I did the refresh, F5 in IE, and it worked instantly. Thank you!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

So can some one explain how I missed seeing this thread until today???

edited December 1969

A senior moment?

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,505
    edited December 1969

For anyone interested, I'm working on seam guides for the horse now. Should be done in a few days at the most.

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:

Using the forum search function? heh.

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited November 2012

carrie58 said:

The thread took a little trip before it arrived in the commons...membership has its priveleges ;)

Post edited by Canary3d on
    edited December 1969

frodi said:
    I did the refresh, F5 in IE, and it worked instantly. Thank you!

You're more then welcome :) So glad it sorted it out for you! :)

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Thank you Daz and Daz PA's so much for this! Downloading lots of horse goodness now - excited to try this all out - hoping the missing pieces from the original posts will soon fall into place and be available for purchase!

Especially looking forward to clothing for Genesis riders - wondering if there is any genesis western wear for cowboys and/or cowgirls coming our way?

Would also like to join in on the request for medieval ordinary horse tack, and the hope that there might be fibre hair mane and tail for this beautiful model in the future.

Thanks again to all of you who have worked so hard to bring all this to us! :-) -Cathy

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

SnowSultan - I am interested, am sure many others are as well, thanks so much for doing this! -Cathy

edited November 2012

Ummm frodi you may have hit it on the nose ........
    I am a PC member and somehow I never saw it there either .......I think it's time to get my prescription for my glasses checked, that's fersure.
    There's a search function??? ummm
    Well I gotta go play with my new horse ...

Oh and I'll be interested in those seam guides SnowSultan ,yes I will.

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    I am a PC member and somehow I never saw it there either .......I think it's time to get my prescription for my glasses checked, that's fersure.

Judging from post dates, it was in a hidden forum for just the artists for a couple of weeks, then moved to Members Only yesterday for a brief preview, then moved to Commons today for the actual release.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited November 2012

...OK, nine pages in, yet no one has yet dared to ask the single most important burning question in the Dazverse...

Is there or will there be an unflatable morph? :cheese:

Seriously, this really looks good and can't wait to see futureTri-Ax critters. A fully weight mapped cat, which could finally bend like the real thing, would be so cool.

drinky.jpeg
    597 x 540 - 27K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 359
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK, nine pages in, yet no one has yet dared to ask the single most important burning question in the Dazverse...

Is there or will there be an unflatable morph? :cheese:

Seriously, this really looks good and can't wait to see futureTri-Ax critters. A fully weight mapped cat, which could finally bend like the real thing, would be so cool.

My cat has not done that, but she totally would. O_O
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:

Judging from post dates, it was in a hidden forum for just the artists for a couple of weeks, then moved to Members Only yesterday for a brief preview, then moved to Commons today for the actual release.

AAAAhhhhh and a light comes on!! Thank you Murgatroyd for the enlightenment .Now I feel better ,thought I was loseing it there for a bit.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

That Kitteh Kat is hilarious!

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

I am certainly happy with the new Horse 2 Pro Bundle. I did this render in Reality.

HorseTest.jpg
    800 x 740 - 396K
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Spent so much time installing that I only have time for a quick DS4.5Pro test-render before bedtime, but I like the way it turned out:

LlamaTest03-x2000.png
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...so all I need now is a draft horse morph and long wild wavy red hair for Genesis.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

No, it's a TriAx figure and needs DS4 or Poser 9/Poser Pro 2012 with the DSON Inporter

What if I load it in DS4, then export it as a CR2? Will I be able to load and use it in DS3, then?

No, because the CR2 will be exported with weight maps for use in Poser 9/PP2012 and DS3 will ignore them (and wouldn't be able to use them if it didn't) so you'd probably find no bending at all - each bone would bend as a block. There isn't a way to get from a weight-mapped rig to an old-style parametric rig, as far as I know - it would be like converting an arbitrary image to a gradient.

grrrrrr ....

I guess it's one more series of products I won't be buying then.

I don't like DS4 ...

Considering you do this commercially i would think you'd be more open minded to having a more efficient and faster workflow which is what DS4 will give you over DS3, it did mine.

I've tried ... it really, really slows me down. So much of my stuff is missing or doesn't work in DS4. And I am not a fan of genesis at all. I'll have to eventually make a switch ... but to what is uncertain, since I don't like poser, either ... lol. I can list two good things about the upgrade, but all of the pitfalls for me are not worth the small gain.

I know many say it's faster, but I know many who have some of the same frustrations I have. Like anything else ... I'll have to create the best work I can with the medium that actually works for me :D

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,794
    edited December 1969

It's working pretty good in Carrara 8.5

I've already used this more today than all the time I've had the milHorse 1

horse3.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 684K
  • peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

kickair 8p...that Llama looked so great, I had to buy one.

Llama.jpg
    800 x 800 - 232K
  • CWRWCWRW Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    It's working pretty good in Carrara 8.5

I've already used this more today than all the time I've had the milHorse 1

Beautiful, Stezza!! I need to find time to play with the new beastie! I've been working with him a load, but really haven't had time to really play with him yet. I really do think DH2 is a serious improvement over the Mil Horse and offers much more potential. As someone on a Mac I've always steered clear of D/S as as it usually crashed all the time, but DS 4.5 is the best version I think they've ever had, at least for Mac. The 3 things I find most frustrating about DS (and could be from a lack of knowledge on my part) is what I see as shadow setting limitations/softer shadows (can't set the amt of shadow the way you can in Poser... again just maybe I can't find out how to do that) and lack of ability to set camera perspectives (wide angle vs more telephoto for example) the way you can in Poser. Also that a camera view doesn't "stick" when a file is closed and then re-opened. The Poser 9 interface is a huge let down to me anyway after P7 IMO. It lost so much interface elegance in particular, detrimentally impeding my workflow as well.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...so all I need now is a draft horse morph and long wild wavy red hair for Genesis.

Shire horse morph, mmmm. Well, Finnhorse is going to be interesting, if I can get around it to do it.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,794
    edited December 1969

cwrw said:

Beautiful, Stezza!! I need to find time to play with the new beastie! I've been working with him a load, but really haven't had time to really play with him yet.

thx CWRW

inspiration comes from seeing your beautiful images :)

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Oh God! Tese forums are BEGGING for a My Little Pony contest thread! :3