Hex Gallery

Comments

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473

Modeled in Hex and rendered in Daz Studio Iray. Keep your eyes peeled.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

Wow...

• Amazing work DzFire

• MorkonanMorkonan Posts: 215
    edited October 2016

Nice one A3DL, to be honest I did not know you could get blueprints for such things.

This is probably one of the more popular sites for generic spaceship blupes: http://www.shipschematics.net/

There's a surprising number of such sites out there. You can find whatever is known about any particular movie set, television series set or just plain "fictional" concept art/layouts for popular written works. It all depends on just how much effort you're willing to search. Having excellent reference photos, good cardinal angle shots and blueprints, if at all possible, is half the battle of modeling a "real-world" (even if it's fictional) thing. Once the workspace is set up with these, the rest is just creating and pushing verts. :)

I modeled a complete model for the Icarus from the original Planet of the Apes, down to every button on every control panel, interior and exterior to scale, sleeping pods, rear hatch, blah,blah,blah... just from photo refs, set photos, photos of it in the junkyard and prop curator and fan sites. (Took quite awhile to amass the reference images and to create a good working set of to-scale blupes) Sadly, the whole thing is sitting on a borked up drive at another location or I'd proudly display it in all its glory. :)  I was working on animating lights for the control panels/consoles and animation for the "reel-to-reel" computer it had, last I remember. (I did post some early work on it, years ago, on DAZ's old Hexagon forums.)

Post edited by Morkonan on
  • MorkonanMorkonan Posts: 215
    DzFire said:

Modeled in Hex and rendered in Daz Studio Iray. Keep your eyes peeled.

Very nice! It reminds me of the "Van Helsing" movie set for the village.

I have been daring myself to create a detailed Victorian, Edwardian or even Empire style house. Not one of the huge "mansions" everyone else does, but something a bit smaller, more practical-like. Let's see a bit more of your fabulous model set and maybe I'll kick myself hard enough to start on my own! (I don't normally do inorganic/architectural, but I've got a weird craving for it right now. :) )

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    Morkonan said:

Nice one A3DL, to be honest I did not know you could get blueprints for such things.

This is probably one of the more popular sites for generic spaceship blupes: http://www.shipschematics.net/

There's a surprising number of such sites out there. You can find whatever is known about any particular movie set, television series set or just plain "fictional" concept art/layouts for popular written works. It all depends on just how much effort you're willing to search. Having excellent reference photos, good cardinal angle shots and blueprints, if at all possible, is half the battle of modeling a "real-world" (even if it's fictional) thing. Once the workspace is set up with these, the rest is just creating and pushing verts. :)

I modeled a complete model for the Icarus from the original Planet of the Apes, down to every button on every control panel, interior and exterior to scale, sleeping pods, rear hatch, blah,blah,blah... just from photo refs, set photos, photos of it in the junkyard and prop curator and fan sites. (Took quite awhile to amass the reference images and to create a good working set of to-scale blupes) Sadly, the whole thing is sitting on a borked up drive at another location or I'd proudly display it in all its glory. :)  I was working on animating lights for the control panels/consoles and animation for the "reel-to-reel" computer it had, last I remember. (I did post some early work on it, years ago, on DAZ's old Hexagon forums.)

True on the search til your exhausted to find good reference material. Alot of my models on sharecg are from blueprints i found on the web though i hurried some and improvised on others. I some awesome startrek blueprints of various era craft. B5 blueprints are very low res that i can find and none are of centauri fleet ships. If not afraid of emulating the work of others you can find some good reference material on unrelated apps and forums. I really like some of "takes" some modeler/artists have on established works like starwars startrek and stargate franchises. So dont be afraid to look in max lw c4d or modo forums. One forum dedicated to lw actually had a others apps user gallery which i thought was generous of that site.
    edited October 2016
    This actually kinda sad i cant model a car very well but its actually one of my better recent attempts . Also found this link foundation3d forum http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints-main2.php
    boxy car.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 128K
    boxy smooth car.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 132K
    Post edited by A3DLover on
  • Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited October 2016

Thats not bad A3DLover, a lot better than my first few attempts. The tutorial I followed split the car into parts so you made the a side panel hood etc rather than the whole thing at once.

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
    edited October 2016
    So anyway back to my usual tinkering: Modeled in hex render in carrara. One render postworked in photoshop the third render in carrara the last postworked in ps which is better? Im leaning to the post worked one.
    10 16 16ab.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 113K
    10 16 16 aa.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 117K
    10 16 16 A car.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 236K
    10 16 16 A ps.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 307K
  • Great piece of modeling A3DLover, I like the last one, the sky/space (?) looks much better.

edited October 2016

Great piece of modeling A3DLover, I like the last one, the sky/space (?) looks much better.

I didnt use volumetric clouds just the cloud primative in carrara. Cant apply textures or images to clouds in carrara like you can in bryce to cloud planes, not in my version of car. The bottom image is composited in photoshop as layers and merged down. I noticed some flaws after i seen the image with better lighting. The flare was done in ps for last image the third image is with carrara light flare. Edit heres a new render with a new texture. Ive been using photoshop to make textures following tuts by Gary Miller @geek@play but they dont always look like i like it to. So just a bit ago i tried another method implementing some of Garys tuts with hex and interpolated with hex carrara and photoshop and came up with this: The texture 256x256 png turned into pattern in ps and filled a 2048x with the pattern. The carrara has no postwork the tex is sample size. I think the out of box results are pretty good.
    pattern.png
    256 x 256 - 48K
    2048 ship Doc4.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 232K
  • m_m_italym_m_italy Posts: 386
    edited October 2016

Bye smiley

Small prototype.

Mantajet

MANTA_JET.jpg
    800 x 600 - 77K
    Post edited by m_m_italy on
  • Nice stylish look M_M

Have not seen you here for a while, you been okay ?

Thank you John.
    Fortunately everything ok.

Ciao

Awesome red color @m_m_italy need more views
  • Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,195

Just wanted to say that I have been going through some stuff (autumn 2016) that's kinda non-Hexagon. But I occasionally play with primitive shapes, especially with texturing, and adding glossy/transparent surfaces, that sort of thing. Like in this scene where my little dog is training to accept a space helmet (Highly trained, professional space dog btw; do not attempt.) - the whole thing with just how much gradient to use, and enhancing the edges. Or not.

Hopefully going to get back to Hexagon soon! laugh

primitive-sphere-rendered-as-glass.jpg
    900 x 675 - 80K
    edited October 2016
    A3DLover said:
    Awesome red color @m_m_italy need more views

Grazie smiley

auto_manta_auto.png
    800 x 600 - 106K
    auto_manta_auto_f.png
    800 x 600 - 139K
    auto.png
    800 x 600 - 114K
    Roman_K2 said:

Just wanted to say that I have been going through some stuff (autumn 2016) that's kinda non-Hexagon. But I occasionally play with primitive shapes, especially with texturing, and adding glossy/transparent surfaces, that sort of thing. Like in this scene where my little dog is training to accept a space helmet (Highly trained, professional space dog btw; do not attempt.) - the whole thing with just how much gradient to use, and enhancing the edges. Or not.

Hopefully going to get back to Hexagon soon! laugh

Hallo Sticky

Used a blueprint i found online not very detailed but it looks like a old school speeder. Figuring out a scene render was difficult, just couldnt get a good angle but heres some hex previews and cararra renders no postwork
    land speeder001.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 108K
    land speeder002 wire.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 139K
    aiko speeder 2.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 204K
    aiko speeder.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 227K
    spaceport.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 331K
  • A3DLover said:
    Used a blueprint i found online not very detailed but it looks like a old school speeder. Figuring out a scene render was difficult, just couldnt get a good angle but heres some hex previews and cararra renders no postwork

Modello interessante.

Bravo.

Segue: Illogical - Pentatonic - Little Spiral Pipe Wood Organ

smiley

W.I.P adagio tendente al lento......

Bye

spiral_organ.png
    800 x 600 - 151K
  • It is illogical but difficult......

sad

spiral_organ.png
    800 x 600 - 161K
  • Nice one M_M_Italy. great model, I really like your texture too :)

edited December 2016

Nice one M_M_Italy. great model, I really like your texture too :)

Grazie "W.D.J."

smiley

PICCOLO_ORGANO_2.png
    800 x 600 - 202K
    PICCOLO_ORGANO_def_to.png
    800 x 600 - 208K
    edited December 2016

Just been through the post again, seeing how far we've all come with Hexagon. I must be getting old :)

Here's something I made for an on-line friend a little while ago.

jewellery-box2.jpg
    650 x 500 - 34K
    edited December 2016

Double Post

fruit.jpg
    900 x 675 - 86K
  • Congratulations to all here on the great work being done.

@A3DLover:  I like your Space scenes and I know you posted quite a while back but I too prefer the second, darker version.

@WD John: the soft focus effect on the fruit is so well done.  It's hard to believe there are polygons underneath.

@DzFire:  What inspiring work you produced recently and in your store.  Hexagon can never be belittled by anyone after seeing your work.

@m_m_Italy: great work as always.

• Venue Bar Built in Hexagon Rendered with DazStudio Iray

• Just been through the post again, seeing how far we've all come with Hexagon. I must be getting old :)

Here's something I made for an on-line friend a little while ago.

Ciao.

Cosa hai usato per produrre il render?

Ciao

What did you use to produce the image (rendering engine)?

• Congratulations to all here on the great work being done.

@A3DLover:  I like your Space scenes and I know you posted quite a while back but I too prefer the second, darker version.

@WD John: the soft focus effect on the fruit is so well done.  It's hard to believe there are polygons underneath.

@DzFire:  What inspiring work you produced recently and in your store.  Hexagon can never be belittled by anyone after seeing your work.

@m_m_Italy: great work as always.

Grazie molto gentile.

Bye

• Venue Bar Built in Hexagon Rendered with DazStudio Iray

Lavorone.

Bravo

Bye