DAZ Horse 2 Product Preview Thread

Comments

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

I wonder if this will be the Genesis animal base (4 legged) from which alot of different animals will be created and added to the pool?? I didn't see morph packs yet to suggest it but maybe they will come later.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Well RawArt has some toon morphs for rhinos, pigs, cows etc coming up plus of course the current Toy Pony.

midnight_stories has a llama morph.

So I do dare say this is a possibility indeed.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Lovable Llama

Is the Llama's fur a custom shader, or actual geometry? While geometry like fibermesh fur is a lot more resource intensive, it works way better when exporting to external renderers like LuxRender.
  • MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited December 1969

So, is the mesh able to be morphed to other hooved animals?

Cows
    Camels
    Rhinos?

Will this be the Genesis 4-legged Animal?

Cats and Dogs
    Lions and Tigers and Bears? Oh My...

How flexible is this?

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Looks like DAZ did some fixes to the bundle. I reset it and the duplicates are gone. 2 additional files for Wagon Trail have been added that weren't in the bundle before. Looks like these are the part 1 files for it. And the missing Missing Wagon Trail Poser file for Mac is in the bundle now too, along with the missing Western Gear file.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    Well, looks good, and I'd like a better horse figure .... but it appears to be lacking the one accessory I'd need, exactly the same as the original Mil Horse. :down:

I'd want the horse for renders illustrating a story in a medieval-ish fantasy setting, but geared up just for travelling, not jousting or as heavy cavalry. So I just want simple historical/fantasy horse tack, NOT barding. But for MH2 the selection appears to be the same as for the original MH: Western and modern English tack, both anachronistic for my needs; and historical/fantasy barding for battle, joust or pageant display, not simple travelling tack. Nobody seems to have made a set of fantasy/historical non-barding tack suitable for just journeying down the road since the set for the DAZ Charger.

So, question:

Are any out of the Ceremonial Armor, Knightly Barding or Dark Barding made in such a way that one can extract - or turn bits off so one only sees - a basic, no armour set of tack appropriate for a medieval/fantasy milieu: bridle and reins, saddle pad/blanket, girth, stirrups and simple saddle only?

I mean ... even for those with a medieval knight jousting and trotting off questing with their destrier in full barding (which one wouldn't have just for travelling, but never mind), where's the tack for the lady's palfrey, the merchant's rouncey or the bandit's hobby? Or even for the knight or lord's courser when they are just out hunting? And my fantasy series is set somewhere that is not medieval England, is not that much like medieval England, does not have knights per se, and while barding does exist amongst certain groups for certain purposes, it is rare and never features in the stories.

So please: could somebody make some basic tack suitable for pre-nineteenth century non-warhorses (and even warhorses while travelling and not actually in or just about to go into battle)?

I suppose I might be able to extract the tack from Predatron's Lorez Horse or donkey and refit them .... sigh.

I'd like to add to this request ... sidesaddles for ladies and royalty.

• Bluebird 3DBluebird 3D Posts: 995
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Well then a new horsey to play with...nice work Daz3D.

I am going to, wrongly or rightly, assume MIL house Uvmapping is not a part of this horse?

And secondly, tongue in cheek, I am offended by this blurb being English

•Jolly good! I'd love a spot of tea whilst riding me ole DAZ Horse 2. Bob's your uncle, and Jimminy Crupmets, gov'ner, this saddle is stylish. Even Mary Poppins would put on a bow tie and fez to ride this pony. Cover any of your wobbly bits and hop onto the English Saddle for DAZ Horse 2

First off it is "Jolly Hockey Sticks" or "Jolly good show".
    Don't drink and ride, you might spill some.
    It is Jmminy Cricket and you spelt crumpets wrong
    "Jimminy Crupmets, gov'ner" Don't mix the Queen's English and cockney together..that is a no no
    Mary Poppins would never wear a bow tie and fez...Tommy Cooper did.
    We don't have wobbly bits, we have a stiff upper lips.

Terrible, truly terrible.... :) ;)

Bahahaha!

*clears throat*

I mean um. How dare you critique Kevin's attempt! >_>

~Blue

• CWRWCWRW Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

Tiny said:
    Am looking forward the new textures for it CWRW! Your Mill horse textures are gorgeous. :)

I'm doing a conforming , dynamic hair mane and tail for the horses in my game project. Am planning to release them for sale later on. The black Fresian horse (seen in an earlier post here) will look gorgeous in a very long, a bit curly mane and tail. Just saying. ;)

Thanks Tiny!

Wow that would be so AWESOME! I've been trying to get folks interested in trying to do something like that for a long time:)

So here are a couple previews of very much WIPs (lots more to do!) of my new DH2 Ultra coats. I am working on 8 dif ones now. Aiming to release sometime this winter.

Laurie

DH2UltraPreview2.jpg
    1144 x 872 - 101K
    DH2Ultrapreview1.jpg
    2000 x 1620 - 443K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

I am going to, wrongly or rightly, assume MIL house Uvmapping is not a part of this horse?

•Jolly good! I'd love a spot of tea whilst riding me ole DAZ Horse 2. Bob's your uncle, and Jimminy Crupmets, gov'ner, this saddle is stylish. Even Mary Poppins would put on a bow tie and fez to ride this pony. Cover any of your wobbly bits and hop onto the English Saddle for DAZ Horse 2

"Jimminy Crupmets, gov'ner" Don't mix the Queen's English and cockney together..that is a no no

Bahahaha!

*clears throat*

~Blue
    Walks past whistling, turns head giving a furtive look and then sneaks off again.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    I just tested this again, I am seeing the discount. Tested logged in and not logged in... worked for both. Perhaps contact Customer Support.

Pendraia said:

Also I'm not seeing the discount if I put the Horse Pro bundle and the equestrian props plus barding textures in the cart...

Thanks, if it's not working this morning I'll probably do that some time tonight.
  • kurisu2112kurisu2112 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    Looks like DAZ did some fixes to the bundle. I reset it and the duplicates are gone. 2 additional files for Wagon Trail have been added that weren't in the bundle before. Looks like these are the part 1 files for it. And the missing Missing Wagon Trail Poser file for Mac is in the bundle now too, along with the missing Western Gear file.

I have in the last 10 minutes approx 7:15pm UK time purchased the Pro Bundle and would therefore expect to see the latest files.
    No Wagon Trail 1 files but appear to have all the rest. But I'm not in any hurry (still got 30GB of content to install) :-)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,217
    edited December 1969

No, it's a TriAx figure and needs DS4 or Poser 9/Poser Pro 2012 with the DSON Inporter

What if I load it in DS4, then export it as a CR2? Will I be able to load and use it in DS3, then?

No, because the CR2 will be exported with weight maps for use in Poser 9/PP2012 and DS3 will ignore them (and wouldn't be able to use them if it didn't) so you'd probably find no bending at all - each bone would bend as a block. There isn't a way to get from a weight-mapped rig to an old-style parametric rig, as far as I know - it would be like converting an arbitrary image to a gradient.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I used to have, in another life, the DAZ Rhino! God I loved that figure!

edited December 1969

Oh.

I totally want to do a Finnhorse morph for this.

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Sometimes, horses don't wanna walk ;) More info here.

RT7.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 437K
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

No, it's a TriAx figure and needs DS4 or Poser 9/Poser Pro 2012 with the DSON Inporter

What if I load it in DS4, then export it as a CR2? Will I be able to load and use it in DS3, then?

No, because the CR2 will be exported with weight maps for use in Poser 9/PP2012 and DS3 will ignore them (and wouldn't be able to use them if it didn't) so you'd probably find no bending at all - each bone would bend as a block. There isn't a way to get from a weight-mapped rig to an old-style parametric rig, as far as I know - it would be like converting an arbitrary image to a gradient.

grrrrrr ....

I guess it's one more series of products I won't be buying then.

I don't like DS4 ...

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

I don't know what either of you are getting at. That couldn't possibly sound more British if it came from the mouth of the Queen herself. It sounds very much like something she would say.

Szark said:

Bahahaha!

*clears throat*

~Blue

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,217
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    I don't know what either of you are getting at. That couldn't possibly sound more British if it came from the mouth of the Queen herself. It sounds very much like something she would say.

Szark said:

Bahahaha!

*clears throat*

~Blue

Might one enquire as to the source of your idiomatic information, sir? Was it perhaps a gentleman with a fine singing voice and a penchant for sweeping chimneys?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

LOL chuckles loudly at Richard's last post.

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

John Skelton and the Doctor.

DAZ_Kevin said:

Szark said:

Bahahaha!

*clears throat*

~Blue

Might one enquire as to the source of your idiomatic information, sir? Was it perhaps a gentleman with a fine singing voice and a penchant for sweeping chimneys?

edited December 1969

Also known to mingle with penguins and nannies of dubious sort, yes?

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Excellent as this looks, something seems to be missing: a foal morph! Is it included but not listed? Or is somebody working on a foal pack for this?

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

I have a question - I was looking at the Wagon Trails - They look nice, but I am not seeing anything about any harness in either one. Does anyone know if a harness is included with either one or where one might be that could work? As usual I have an idea and am trying to get the kinks worked out before spending the bit of money I have.

• LasserineLasserine Posts: 65
    edited December 1969

I thought the centaur addon is excellent LOL!!!
    Damn it, it's not the 1st of April yet :)

How did you do this?

• DancingCatDancingCat Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

Why aren't all the morphs and textures in the Horse2 product? Is there another product that will extend it without buying the Pro pack? I'm not really interested in all the extra items (as nice as they are).

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

lasserine said:

How did you do this?
    It's a little geografting magic!
    The new horse can't match the genesis topology, so I've had to make a separate horse body for the lower half.
    It's a huge job to do a full version, I'm sure there's people already working on it.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited December 1969

grrrrrr ....

I guess it's one more series of products I won't be buying then.

I don't like DS4 ...

Considering you do this commercially i would think you'd be more open minded to having a more efficient and faster workflow which is what DS4 will give you over DS3, it did mine.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know how long the bundles will be at their current price point 58%? Er... I don't get paid until friday...

• LasserineLasserine Posts: 65
    edited December 1969

lasserine said:

How did you do this?

It's a little geografting magic!
    The new horse can't match the genesis topology, so I've had to make a separate horse body for the lower half.
    It's a huge job to do a full version, I'm sure there's people already working on it.

Looking forward to it.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,431
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

So, you're saying it's just as regionally appropriate as the blurb on the Western Saddle? :)