Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

:bug: Helsinki haz 6.8 hours o sunlight today

Charlotte haz freeze alerts.

Drizzles all day for Tydfil

Foggies for Portland

cute story -
    http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/conn-man-rescues-80-old-lobster-restaurant-menu-154047429--abc-news-topstories.html

121125c.png
    739 x 249 - 63K
    121125b.png
    767 x 505 - 176K
    121125a.png
    779 x 577 - 140K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Not so hot right now but comfortable, sitting outside watching the bird and rat and cat action in our back yard. Noisy seagulls. Work tomorrow zzzzzzzzzzzz

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    chohole said:
    Baglet said:
    Almost midnight here. Rain today, rain tomorrow. Glad we live on a hill. Hope you are OK Cho as you live in Wales which looks badly hit from the TV.

WE live 1200 feet above sea level, so we ar e quite safe. Water can run away 2 ways, as if we turn right out our front door the road starts sloping downwards and if we look out the front the side road slopes down quite steeply to the valley, as you can see from this not very good photo.

Guess you have to be careful not to drop any coins, or marbles, or jaffas... could be a good long jog before you catch up to them X).

@Misty: is that a hexagonal pool table?! ... wherever did that come from? o.O

it came with this cute lil set :)
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dystopia-gaming-pack

edited December 1969

if i met Leon Night in r/l, i'd have trouble speaking intelligibly ... duh, du duh, hiiii.
    i wanna pet his illiacs droool

edited December 1969

Really gots to wander off to sleep nao

p2.jpg
    1500 x 915 - 222K
    edited December 1969

aww, tawt i taw a kitteh wid da paw up.

the nearest ice cream and cupcakes is over a mile away. evaluating a 2 1/2 mile hike for ice cream cake and cupcakes. ?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699
    edited December 1969

I am going home today.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I'm kinda frustrated because some free games that I downloaded don't run at all. They are so buggy that they crash. Yes, I did update my device drivers. I even reinstalled the Microsoft Visual C++ libraries and Microsoft .net framework. Oh well, I guess I'll go play my other games. Or I can install Vue in the morning.

I became obsessive to the point of bricking an old compy over c and c red alert a while ago :)

One of my favorite games. Still play it every once in a while. I also love Empire Earth. I used to love Age of Empires, but it was just too slow paced for me.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I've heard of Empire earth. I'll go read about it now.

It is a cloudy morning. I installed Vue. It uses about 175 MB of video memory for a simple scene with a couple of plants. I am using GPU-Z to determine how much video memory each program uses. I still can't believe I tried running Vue and Daz studio 4 on my integrated graphics chip with 64 MB of DDR memory. wow

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've heard of Empire earth. I'll go read about it now.

It is a cloudy morning. I installed Vue. It uses about 175 MB of video memory for a simple scene with a couple of plants. I am using GPU-Z to determine how much video memory each program uses. I still can't believe I tried running Vue and Daz studio 4 on my integrated graphics chip with 64 MB of DDR memory. wow

I find that switching to "flat shading" or even wireframe in the preview helps with Vue memory when it gets a bit flaky. Which is very easy with large terrains, detailed figures or ecosystems and now particles which are a sort of ecosystem in Vue. Some Python scripts including SkinVue are not working in Vue 11 as they changed the methods (again).

We had bright blue sky and sun this morning after the wind chased the rain northwards. Cold though. Now the rain is back for a day or two.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

I was wondering about SkinVue and Vue11... couldn't seem to find anything about it though :(. Sounds like we'll need to wait for a patch/update/upgrade... (~_~).

edited December 1969

tireds
    mid afternoon sleepy

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    I was wondering about SkinVue and Vue11... couldn't seem to find anything about it though :(. Sounds like we'll need to wait for a patch/update/upgrade... (~_~).

This thread started about the Ivy Grower but it applies to SkinVue as well. Each new version seems to change the Python just enough to break things. Dave Burdick who wrote SkinVue is trying some workarounds but we may need to wait for the promised update. I can always SkinVue characters in an old Vue and save them. I've just bought the GeekAtPlay 600 materials - it will take me a year to go through them!

http://www.cornucopia3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14883

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited November 2012

Baglet said:
    M F M said:

This thread started about the Ivy Grower but it applies to SkinVue as well. Each new version seems to change the Python just enough to break things. Dave Burdick who wrote SkinVue is trying some workarounds but we may need to wait for the promised update. I can always SkinVue characters in an old Vue and save them. I've just bought the GeekAtPlay 600 materials - it will take me a year to go through them!

http://www.cornucopia3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14883

Thanks for the link (^_^)/... yeah, patience is called for (~h~). Enjoy your mats! ;-) (there was some GAP special on this month, wasn't there? X)

ETA: still not seeing your new bonnet, Misty o.0... safe travels Miss Wolf (^_^)n

Post edited by M F M on
    edited November 2012

it's funny seeing Jeremy Irons going from playing Profee-on in Dungeons&Dragons; movie, his acting is so umm over the top, to Bran in Eragon. really sads in Eragon.

Damadar has not nice tentacles coming out of his ears. big crimson cloak, fashion essential for mean bad guys.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Morning. Oh noes busy busy busy Melbourne Monday morning, and there is a whole week of November left to be busy in ! On the upside quite a pleasant day here at least Im not standing around in a cold wind :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,567
    edited December 1969

...going to be close to freeing here on our Monday morning. A couple dry days though which is good considering all the rain we received in the last week.

So not looking forward to the upcoming work week. Wish I would have hit the Megabucks lotto this weekend so the holiday could continue indefinitely.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699
    edited December 1969

Going to be a cold day tomorrow.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2012

Complaint...

I'm following a youtube tutorial on rigging in DS the (tutorial uses a fish as it's demo model If youve seen it) But DS 4.5 has made a MESS of the joint editor tool. I cant find any of the sections such as rotation and how it affects the geometry! I'm totally stuck man... It looks nothing like it did in DS 4.0 on the tutorial :(

EDIT -Trying to follow this one... But cant find where to do it! :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJIa55eSDZY&feature=plcp

It only lets me do Center and end point

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,808
    edited December 1969

%-P LOL! ;-P

381999_469586886415880_1693789923_n.jpeg
    600 x 450 - 32K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Spyro, you might want to go around it in a different way, when it comes to rigging clothes. Can you drop a PM to SickleYield for tips, or check out the Nuts & Bolts forum for the clothes thread?

edited December 1969

:bug: Helsinki haz 6.8 hours o sunlight today

It gets worse. Right now, I'm having 6 hours of sunlight, and the days are getting shorter still.

At Utsjoki, the sun is not rising at all. For months.

edited December 1969

Thanks Skiriki, I shall have a look :) This is all so confusing lmao.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Thanks Skiriki, I shall have a look :) This is all so confusing lmao.

Oh man I feel for you, that's good advice from Siriki mine would be use a donor rig to start :)

edited December 1969

Yeah, I got myself the rigging kit when it was in discount (it still might be at the moment, Spyro).

edited November 2012

...bugger, reminder apparently bots went "south" along with the Green Bay Packers offense tonight.

...Bad weekend for the land of cheese and beer.

Badgers lose to Penn State (which is ineligible for any bowls due to NCAA ruling) in overtime and most likely will get stomped by Nebraska in the Big Ten Championship. Second overtime loss in as many weeks.

Badgers BB squad loses to Creighton by ten points

Bucks lose to the the arch rival Bulls

Packers stink it up in the Big Apple with one of the most inept offensive and defensive efforts of the season, losing to the New York Football Giants, 38 - 10.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited November 2012

Skiriki said:
    Yeah, I got myself the rigging kit when it was in discount (it still might be at the moment, Spyro).

Yeah, I do have it... My prob is this...

I have transferred the rigging from a pair of boots I have of similar type, which allows it to conform to genesis figure and it can now be posed, and has all the bones necessary to function. My problem is that I cannot follow through the tutorial, the joint editor tool is completely different in DS4.5 to DS4.0 (At least visually by layout). It seems I can only adjust the "Center and End points"

I need to adjust the affect rotations has on the model... You can see why in the attached images.

EDIT: Basic clothing rig kit doesnt support shoes :(

Boots_Rigging.jpg
    1000 x 976 - 136K
    Boots_V2Materials_test_P.png
    1000 x 976 - 384K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...bugger, reminder apparently bots went "south" along with the Green Bay Packers offense tonight.

...Bad weekend for the land of cheese and beer.

Badgers lose to Penn State (which is ineligible for any bowls due to NCAA ruling) in overtime and most likely will get stomped by Nebraska in the Big Ten Championship. Second overtime loss in as many weeks.

Badgers BB squad loses to Creighton by ten points

Bucks lose to the the arch rival Bulls

Packers stink it up in the Big Apple with one of the most inept offensive and defensive efforts of the season, losing to the New York Football Giants, 38 - 10.

Be thankful you're not a Kansas City Chiefs or Royals fan. At least I have KU basketball and K-State football although KU lost to Michigan State in basketball and K-State lost to Baylor in football.

edited November 2012

...yeah but for a team that went 15 & 1 last season, has one of the best QB's in the league, and supposedly drafted to shore up both the OL and Defense, the Packers look as if they can't play their way out of a wet paper bag this year.

...and injuries are not an excuse as they were more banged up the year they won the Super Bowl.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

In regards to my topic on the boots... I'm starting a thread in Nuts and bolts :)

This discussion has been closed.