Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• @Kharma are other parts of the extension working for you? Such as cart discount percentage off numbers in red?
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

If I see the total of how much I've spent, I'll probably have some type of nervous breakdown and never be able to bring myself to hit the DAZ checkout button ever again.

• @firewarden then visit the options page first. :) We'll flip the default or require an extra click to do the calculation or some such. Hang in there. :)
    Overdrawn said:
    @firewarden then visit the options page first. :) We'll flip the default or require an extra click to do the calculation or some such. Hang in there. :)

Thank you, Overdrawn! I definitely would feel safer with a buffer, lol. ;)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Oh no don't remove it!  But having it off as default would be awesome.  I'm glad I know, I needed to see it.  I would just prefer that certain people don't look over my shoulder and see it.  Even though I use money I make from another hobby to pay for this addiction and not household money, I prefer not to have that conversation.

Oh no don't remove it!  But having it off as default would be awesome.  I'm glad I know, I needed to see it.  I would just prefer that certain people don't look over my shoulder and see it.  Even though I use money I make from another hobby to pay for this addiction and not household money, I prefer not to have that conversation.

Boy, that's another good point!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    barbult said:

Holy crap... I cant buy another thing for the next 10 years.  I had NO idea I had spent that much money.  The good news is I dont NEED to spend anything for the next 10 years because its going to take me that long to use everything.  Once.

I hear ya! It kept me from buying anything today - at least so far. One day at a time...

Me too.  I will be making much wiser decisions from here on out and I am honestly grateful for that. 

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    Overdrawn said:
    @Kharma are other parts of the extension working for you? Such as cart discount percentage off numbers in red?

Yes everything works except the totals spent on the order page

• @Kharma could you post a screenshot of the options page here or in a private message to me? I'm digging into the Chrome thing also...

• k. Chrome's at v1.1.17 now: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/daz-deals/nagnffdgedlcmlibjhmalgcaekfgiehc

Not sure how frequently it auto-updates, but that's the link if you want to try and...encourage it. ;)

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Overdrawn said:

k. Chrome's at v1.1.17 now: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/daz-deals/nagnffdgedlcmlibjhmalgcaekfgiehc

Not sure how frequently it auto-updates, but that's the link if you want to try and...encourage it. ;)

That page still lists 1.1.14 for me. :(

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Once those issues are cleared up, I'm hoping that adding a wishlist search feature that could find keywords in the user-added notes section is on the list to be added :)

• @Kharma I've just confirmed on my own machine that something is indeed amiss with the Options thing in Firefox...will dig into that. Thanks!

@kaotkbliss you mean something more advanced than "Ctrl + F" in your browser? :)

Yes. I tried using ctrl+f but I have 30-some pages in my wishlist so have to search each one individually and on top of that, sometimes the page doesn't fully load (as you scroll down the list, the page suddenly just becomes blank) or a product doesn't load and you get the spinning circle so ctrl+f doesn't find anything

Plus, I've had ctrl+f miss keywords that were obviously on the page.

I'm trying to add keywords to items in my wishlist so I know what I had planned to use them for later on, problem is, now I just need to be able to find them LOL

• @kaotkbliss great summary! Yeah...the "endless scrolling" thing complicates quite a lot of things... We'll toss these on the list! Thanks! :)

Yay! Thank you :)

• The Chrome update to .17 is live for me. 

And that total spent is sobering. I understand the list price of the content I've purchased runs into multiple thousands of dollars, but I've still spent almost enough for a decent budget i7 PC. 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

The Chrome update to .17 is live for me. 

Yep, I finally see it as 1.1.17 as well! :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

And that total spent is sobering. I understand the list price of the content I've purchased runs into multiple thousands of dollars, but I've still spent almost enough for a decent budget i7 PC. 

Well, but if you don't buy content - what would you render with that i7 pc?

• Yeah... if I could buy a fabulous render machine at random amounts of $$ throughout the month and feel like I got something useful with each spend... I might have done that instead... maybe. ;)
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited November 2016

I just updated the extension in chrome and altho it says version 1.1.16 the total orders worked and i see that instead of this hobby I could have made a huge dent in my mortgage!  It's a good thing I have been so busy with moving and my new job that I haven't spent much here since September indecision

Post edited by Kharma on
    Kharma said:

I just updated the extension in chrome and altho it says version 1.1.16 the total orders worked and i see that instead of this hobby I could have made a huge dent in my mortgage!  It's a good thing I have been so busy with moving and my new job that I haven't spent much here since September indecision

Unfortunately, my  extension updated also, and morbid curiousity prompted me to look at the total.  I'm in similar circumstances with the total spent versus mortgage dentage. I knew it would be bad, but "ouch!" for sure...  I think I may finish the PC sale and then find a way stop visiting the DAZ store even though my PC membership doesn't expire until the middle of 2018. Maybe hold myself to freebies only on days I get the PC newsletter  - not visiting the site otherwise - and purpose myself to delete my membership early if I can't hold to that.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,695

If I see the total of how much I've spent, I'll probably have some type of nervous breakdown and never be able to bring myself to hit the DAZ checkout button ever again.

Yup. Same here! I'm sure I could have purchased a nice car with that money! 

• My plan is to add another number that shows the total MSRP of all that you own and the percentage you've saved. Hoping that will make all of us feel better. ;)
  • Overdrawn said:
    My plan is to add another number that shows the total MSRP of all that you own and the percentage you've saved. Hoping that will make all of us feel better. ;)

That would be awesome. It would also help in justifying the purchases to angry significant others. :) 

I quit smoking to justify my DAZ purchases. So far I've saved 2/3rds on smoking of what I've spent at DAZ. 

I'm going to have to quit DAZ until that ledger is in better balance. This sale has been the one that was murder. Fortunately, I now have a ton of content that I still haven't even sorted - and covered a lot of my wish list. 

So, I should be OK. The thing that is hanging me up right now is I've got 13 items in my cart for a total retail price of $173.75 and the checkout price is $7.87... And that has been happening every couple of days during this sale. 

It is stuff I might conceivably want at some point in the future, but I've got no immediate plans for it - and some of it, I can probably score Freebie alternatives elsewhere. $8 every couple of days, trust me, as a smoker - that adds up quickly in a month. 

I appreciate the plugin, because it is making me stop to go... 

"I know it is a good DEAL and I *want* it... just in case... but do I need it? Especially when I haven't figured out exactly what I've already bought this month, anyhow?" 

Overdrawn said:
    My plan is to add another number that shows the total MSRP of all that you own and the percentage you've saved. Hoping that will make all of us feel better. ;)

That would be awesome. It would also help in justifying the purchases to angry significant others. :) 

I quit smoking to justify my DAZ purchases. So far I've saved 2/3rds on smoking of what I've spent at DAZ. 

I'm going to have to quit DAZ until that ledger is in better balance. This sale has been the one that was murder. Fortunately, I now have a ton of content that I still haven't even sorted - and covered a lot of my wish list. 

So, I should be OK. The thing that is hanging me up right now is I've got 13 items in my cart for a total retail price of $173.75 and the checkout price is $7.87... And that has been happening every couple of days during this sale. 

It is stuff I might conceivably want at some point in the future, but I've got no immediate plans for it - and some of it, I can probably score Freebie alternatives elsewhere. $8 every couple of days, trust me, as a smoker - that adds up quickly in a month. 

I appreciate the plugin, because it is making me stop to go... 

"I know it is a good DEAL and I *want* it... just in case... but do I need it? Especially when I haven't figured out exactly what I've already bought this month, anyhow?" 

+1

Overdrawn said:

That would help with the pain level, lol. ;) Although the wake-up call is a good thing...

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

What a great tool this is @Overdrawn and @Ati! I'm using Chrome and I installed it yesterday, but it was v. 14 and the icon was grey. I removed the extension from Chrome today and reinstalled it, and it is now a colorful Daz icon, and there is the Options page with "Total Money Spent" you mentioned. While the Options page says v 1.1.16, it is v 1.1.17 in Chrome's extension page.

Thanks again for such a great extension! One request would be to make the PlatClub Coupon and Save6 PA Coupon filters in search results as toggles. Currently once you click on one you can't revert back.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

If I got a new computer instead of content I would get a super computer but what for as I would not need a super computer to write.  If that total was correct I could get a cool car if it was not for my addiction hobby

• @dawnblade glad you like it! Right now you would have to use the site provided "clear filters" button. However, that clears everything which may not be what you want--as sometimes promo images link to filter URLs not categories... I'll think on it. ;) Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.