The Complaint Thread - The Final Countdown

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Cool here this morning under a pale grey sky, there is a cool south wind and feels like a storm coming :)

edited November 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    chohole said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...[complaint]Daz really needs to fix the installers so they don't get flagged every time by one's firewall. I rarely if ever had to deal with a Daz DL being quarantined until this new .exe format was rolled out (and I've been using this same AV for several years). Now it occurs almost every time when I DL a new product.

...and I will not shut down my AV to DL anything, that is playing with fire and I've already been burned once.[/complaint]

Tis not DAZ, tis the AV.

AV apps have gone into paranoid mode it seems. Mine has even told me that Adobe and MS stuff is unsafe. I think it even flagged up SM at one time, when I was re-installing stuff on the new PC.

Norton appears to be the worst.

...that's what I have but until this new generation of .exe's, I rarely if ever had an issue. With .zip DLs, I never have a quarantine issue

...now MS is a another story as it was an auto update DL on which a virus piggybacked which slipped by my AV (which is why I have Auto Update turned off and no longer use MacAfee).

Windows has mutated into a paranoid android, am not so much a user as a threat vector now :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

wind chimes outside are chiming, iz blustery out there

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2012

Raining here, just for a change. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20480325

Post edited by Chohole on
  • BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Almost midnight here. Rain today, rain tomorrow. Glad we live on a hill. Hope you are OK Cho as you live in Wales which looks badly hit from the TV.

MacAfee seems to cause no end of problems. Some people are reporting getting inundated with spam after one of those free trials that come on new laptops. Not to mention that the guy who wrote is now a fugative... his neighbour was found dead. MacAfee may well be innocent but just scared.

edited December 1969

Hehe rain is still a bit novel here, can't imagine what it must be like to have everything green all the time, golden brown is our predominant colour scheme :)

edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    Almost midnight here. Rain today, rain tomorrow. Glad we live on a hill. Hope you are OK Cho as you live in Wales which looks badly hit from the TV.

MacAfee seems to cause no end of problems. Some people are reporting getting inundated with spam after one of those free trials that come on new laptops. Not to mention that the guy who wrote is now a fugative... his neighbour was found dead. MacAfee may well be innocent but just scared.

I consider myself lucky that windows still lets me log on :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:

WE live 1200 feet above sea level, so we ar e quite safe. Water can run away 2 ways, as if we turn right out our front door the road starts sloping downwards and if we look out the front the side road slopes down quite steeply to the valley, as you can see from this not very good photo.
    View_from_front.jpg
    600 x 800 - 271K
    edited December 1969

Bit of a calm before the storm day for us, the air is feeling electric otherwise I might have thought about getting out on the bay, ah well only another few weeks to wait until summer proper gets here, going to be a scorcher for us this year the forecasters are saying, the past couple of summers have been comparatively cool and wet :)

edited November 2012

ps1borg said:
    Baglet said:

I consider myself lucky that windows still lets me log on :)

Oh wow your place charming, and no flood running down the street has got to be good :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Baglet said:

WE live 1200 feet above sea level, so we ar e quite safe. Water can run away 2 ways, as if we turn right out our front door the road starts sloping downwards and if we look out the front the side road slopes down quite steeply to the valley, as you can see from this not very good photo.

looks peaceful.

edited November 2012

ps1borg said:

Bit of a calm before the storm day for us, the air is feeling electric otherwise I might have thought about getting out on the bay, ah well only another few weeks to wait until summer proper gets here, going to be a scorcher for us this year the forecasters are saying, the past couple of summers have been comparatively cool and wet :)

climate needses a compromise

eeks, the wind outside is literally making creepy moaning noises. so good to have heat an electricity t'nite.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

climate needses a compromise

If there were no tropical cyclones - hurricanes in the Northern hemisphere - we would have no rivers in the South where we are, so paradoxically we rely on the big cyclones and monsoons to survive here, they dump meters of water in the far north that trickles down to us :)

edited December 1969

it's the paradoxes make time travel not safe for the timelines and continuums

edited December 1969

I would like to time travel to Christmas so I don't have to go to work tomorrow :)

edited December 1969

i coulda sworn i changed my avatar hat and earrings a couple hours ago? whah happened?

it should look like this:

av121112.png
    100 x 100 - 18K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I would like to time travel to Christmas so I don't have to go to work tomorrow :)

work blahs :)

untitled2.png
    1024 x 768 - 1M
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

i coulda sworn i changed my avatar hat and earrings a couple hours ago? whah happened?

it should look like this:

Misty, try changing your new avy to a jpg or gif. It's not replacing the old avies if the new one uses the same pic type.
    edited December 1969

oh. okay, thanks TJ!

render drops from my old flash drives :)

chrphoenix.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 354K
    snooker.jpg
    700 x 394 - 105K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

work blahs :)

Yes heh that was me a couple of days ago , feeling a fraction livelier now. I got a new job to go to in the new year and Im feeling kinda nervously impatient, bring it on :)

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Baglet said:

Guess you have to be careful not to drop any coins, or marbles, or jaffas... could be a good long jog before you catch up to them X).

@Misty: is that a hexagonal pool table?! ... wherever did that come from? o.O

edited November 2012

Feelin' quite virtuous, I bought some stuff today f I'll never use, but by artists I like :)

edited December 1969

oh. okay, thanks TJ!

render drops from my old flash drives :)

Hey great. Hexagonal pool table wow!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited November 2012

chohole said:
    Baglet said:

...I live at the top of a hill yet my place still has issues with water as the ground here can get so super saturated. Earlier in the week we totaled about five inches of rain and my floor was making "squishy" sounds when I walked on it..
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Complaint: Free time for the Holiday is about over, will need to get back to doing things again. Taking a nice break once in awhile is nice but I have much to do that still needs done.

edited November 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    chohole said:
    Baglet said:

...I live at the top of a hill yet my place still has issues with water as the ground here can get so super saturated. Earlier in the week we totaled about five inches of rain and my floor was making "squishy" sounds when I walked on it..

That sucks

eta was thinking that we have a different relationship with water, although floods are still disasters one of the national anthems lets rip celebrating flooding rains, during droughts we long for them endlessly and they disappear so quickly any unpleasantness like (eeeow) squelchy stuff underfoot is soon forgotten, like a bad smell :)

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I'm kinda frustrated because some free games that I downloaded don't run at all. They are so buggy that they crash. Yes, I did update my device drivers. I even reinstalled the Microsoft Visual C++ libraries and Microsoft .net framework. Oh well, I guess I'll go play my other games. Or I can install Vue in the morning.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

...I think you will be better off with Vue. Much more rewarding.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I never have quite worked out waht the difference is between anonymous users and guests.

Guest - not logged in.
    Anonymous user - some forums allow "do not show me as logged in" setting.

edited December 1969

I'm kinda frustrated because some free games that I downloaded don't run at all. They are so buggy that they crash. Yes, I did update my device drivers. I even reinstalled the Microsoft Visual C++ libraries and Microsoft .net framework. Oh well, I guess I'll go play my other games. Or I can install Vue in the morning.

I became obsessive to the point of bricking an old compy over c and c red alert a while ago :)

This discussion has been closed.