Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Kharma said:
    Kerya said:

I took a screenshot before it added the numbers - I prefer NOT to show that! ROTFL

Nope my page does not show that...is there a setting I have to change to make it show up?

Just checked in my Chrome browser and the total spent doesn't show up there either...how do I make it work?

Chrome still seems to have the older version.

Click on the icon of the extension, and if an options page comes up (an actual new webpage), then you are using the new version. If there is no immediate options page after clicking the icon, then you are still using an older version, and need to wait. It will update automatically eventually.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    Ati said:
    Kharma said:
    Kerya said:

I took a screenshot before it added the numbers - I prefer NOT to show that! ROTFL

Nope my page does not show that...is there a setting I have to change to make it show up?

Just checked in my Chrome browser and the total spent doesn't show up there either...how do I make it work?

Click on the icon of the extension, and if an options page comes up (an actual new webpage), then you are using the new version. If there is no immediate options page after clicking the icon, then you are still using an older version, and need to wait. It will update automatically eventually.

I am not very familiar with Chrome just tried to see if the extension works there but it is showing version 1.1.14 but in Firefox I have the newestversion and the extension works for showing discounts in my cart but does not show the totals on my order page for $ spent. I don't understand why it only partially works for me

• @Kharma: you don't happen to have Noscript running? I do, and I had to disable it for that page to make the amount show.

marianner said:

@Kharma: you don't happen to have Noscript running? I do, and I had to disable it for that page to make the amount show.

what is noscript and where would I find it?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118
    Kharma said:
    Kerya said:

You have to have version 1.1.17 of the Daz Deals extension. My Chrome browser is stuck on version 1.1.14. My Firefox updated automatically to 1.1.17. It works for me in Firefox.

barbult said:
    Kharma said:
    Kerya said:

You have to have version 1.1.17 of the Daz Deals extension. My Chrome browser is stuck on version 1.1.14. My Firefox updated automatically to 1.1.17. It works for me in Firefox.

I have version 1.1.17 in Firefox and it works except for the order page, it doesn't show the total $ spent

Kharma said:
    barbult said:
    Kharma said:
    Kerya said:

I have version 1.1.17 in Firefox and it works except for the order page, it doesn't show the total $ spent

Make sure that feature is enabled in the options (it has a checkmark). To open the options page, click on the extension's icon.

Ati said:
    Kharma said:
    barbult said:
    Kharma said:
    Kerya said:

Make sure that feature is enabled in the options (it has a checkmark). To open the options page, click on the extension's icon.

Are you refering to click on the little green icon on the top right corner of the menu bar?  if I left click on it nothing happens, if I right click on it I get a menu that says remove, add to menu, menu bar ( which is checked), bookmarks and customize.  I see no place to enable anything.  can you give more details oon where I should go to enable...sorry to be a pain but it works everywhere but in the order total

Kharma said:
    Ati said:
    Kharma said:
    barbult said:
    Kharma said:
    Kerya said:

Are you refering to click on the little green icon on the top right corner of the menu bar?  if I left click on it nothing happens, if I right click on it I get a menu that says remove, add to menu, menu bar ( which is checked), bookmarks and customize.  I see no place to enable anything.  can you give more details oon where I should go to enable...sorry to be a pain but it works everywhere but in the order total

Left clicking on the green icon should open the options page. Interesting that it doesn't do that for you. We'll have to wait for @Overdrawn with this one.

• @Kharmahttps://noscript.net/

It's a plugin that blocks JavaScript, Java, Flash and other plugins from being executed unless you specifically allow them.

Ati said:
    Kharma said:
    Ati said:
    Kharma said:
    barbult said:
    Kharma said:
    Kerya said:

Left clicking on the green icon should open the options page. Interesting that it doesn't do that for you. We'll have to wait for @Overdrawn with this one.

Ok hopefully will have an answer for me.  I have also removed and reinstalled it a couple timeshoping that would make it work.

marianner said:

@Kharmahttps://noscript.net/

It's a plugin that blocks JavaScript, Java, Flash and other plugins from being executed unless you specifically allow them.

I didn't install that so I have to say no that cannot be the issue

• @Kharma be sure you are on this page: https://www.daz3d.com/sales/order/history The order history list does show up on the main account page, but that's not where the extension address the total. I'll look into the Chrome situation later today hopefully. Sorry folks.
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Holy crap... I cant buy another thing for the next 10 years.  I had NO idea I had spent that much money.  The good news is I dont NEED to spend anything for the next 10 years because its going to take me that long to use everything.  Once.

Holy crap... I cant buy another thing for the next 10 years.  I had NO idea I had spent that much money.  The good news is I dont NEED to spend anything for the next 10 years because its going to take me that long to use everything.  Once.

I hear ya! It kept me from buying anything today - at least so far. One day at a time...

Hmm. I knew some of you would want to turn this feature off, but I didn't expect so many of you.

We should definitely have this default to being turned off, but I'm considering removing it altogether...

edited November 2016
    Overdrawn said:
    @Kharma be sure you are on this page: https://www.daz3d.com/sales/order/history The order history list does show up on the main account page, but that's not where the extension address the total. I'll look into the Chrome situation later today hopefully. Sorry folks.

Yes that is the page I am on and nope doesn't work..am I the only one this isn't working for ?

Post edited by Kharma on
  • @Kharma could you post screenshots of the history page and the options page? Not sure what else to suggest...sadly.
    Overdrawn said:
    @Kharma could you post screenshots of the history page and the options page? Not sure what else to suggest...sadly.

there is not options window when i click on the green add on icon

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,734

Sorry, I don't have time to read through this whole thread but is there a version for Safari on iPad or iPhone yet? I do all my shopping on my iPad and will occasionally check out on my iPhone. Although I think there is Firefox for both devices as an app download. Will it work there? Thanks.

• Kharma said:
    Overdrawn said:
    @Kharma could you post screenshots of the history page and the options page? Not sure what else to suggest...sadly.

k. Then somehow you are not yet upgraded to 1.1.17. :-/ I'll dig into these errors soon. Sorry folks.

• @Wonderland sadly no Safari support. I've not got any iProducts so I'm not sure about Firefox on iOS either. If it works, though, I'd love to alas the word. :)
  • kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    Ati said:

Hmm. I knew some of you would want to turn this feature off, but I didn't expect so many of you.

We should definitely have this default to being turned off, but I'm considering removing it altogether...

I don't mind knowing that I've spent nearly $3,000 :)

Sometimes I'm just curious

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I have to say, when I divide the total by the number of months I've been here, it isn't too bad.

Overdrawn said:
    Kharma said:
    Overdrawn said:

k. Then somehow you are not yet upgraded to 1.1.17. :-/ I'll dig into these errors soon. Sorry folks.

That's strange because I uninstalled and reinstalled and it says it is version 1.1.17

Ati said:

Oh No! You are providing a valuable service. Please don't remove it. It is just like adding up how much you spend on junk food or coffee each year. When you see the total, you are shocked, and may consider changing your habits to a healthier lifestyle.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Ati said:
    Kharma said:
    Kerya said:

It looks like I'm still using the older Chrome version then. Is there a way to tell it to update or to manually update it? 

Ati said:

Nooooo Please don't remove it! I'm insanely curious as to how much I've spent. Plus I think it will be a huge help. :) Please keep it! 

I just uninstalled and reinstalled and it still says version 1.1.14.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

I'm definitly not using this! I don't need to know how much I spend here. LOL. surprise

This discussion has been closed.