Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

OK, when it totals the column in the table it gets $0.00 for orders paid with store credit and the Grand Total (which is the real price paid for the items in that order) for orders paid with Paypal etc ...

Eeeek.

As I prefer to buy myself Gift cards during sales, I probably spent even more ...

Eeek, eeek.

ROTFL

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    Overdrawn said:

Hi friends! Version 1.1.17 is up for Firefox and Chrome--Opera en route. It adds the following awesome:

• Add Total Money spent to My Orders page (thanks to @Ati!)

"Awesome"

I know it's halloween, but...

• You're in luck! :) We're porting most of my standalone scripts into the extension. Like... right now... :)

I personally prefer userscripts, because they are a lot easier to maintain, and it's a lot faster to create any new features or correct any possible bugs, but I understand that installing a 3rd party extension to run these scripts can cause technical difficulties, or even trust issues. So you don't have to miss out of the fun for much longer! :)

ETA: A lot of things need to be modified, so I can't give you an exact date. I would like to have most of the current, and some yet unpublished features included after the PC sales

That is awesome! 

On my browser preference, I actually love Edge when Microsoft has it working right. With a Surface Pro 4, the "write on web" feature and the lightweight nature of the browser makes it awesome. Microsoft keeps breaking it with updates - and I suspect that the breaks are usually related to ad-serving... and that drives me back to Chrome... although Chrome has been a memory-leaking hog the last year or so, too. 

A long time ago I used Firefox... but Firefox also has had a lot of difficulties with memory leaks... 

I'm not very loyal. I even keep IE on my system, as SOMETIMES when all else fails... :) 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,126
    Overdrawn said:
    @Kerya now you know why there's an options page. ;) You can shut it off if you want/need. :) It totals the column in the table, so just what's presented there. Maybe in future we'll work out how to show what you would've spent if you'd paid full price. ;)

I don't understand what "It totals the column in the table" means. What table is it looking at? Most of my orders say $0.00, because I almost always use store credit to make my purchases. About the only thing that shows up as non-zero in that list is the purchase of gift cards. So is it just totaling all those zeros and a few occasional gift cards?

• I have 1.1.14 and can't seem to find a later version, even if I follow the links in Overdrawn's sig to the Chrome Store. 

barbult said:
    Overdrawn said:
    @Kerya now you know why there's an options page. ;) You can shut it off if you want/need. :) It totals the column in the table, so just what's presented there. Maybe in future we'll work out how to show what you would've spent if you'd paid full price. ;)

I don't understand what "It totals the column in the table" means. What table is it looking at? Most of my orders say $0.00, because I almost always use store credit to make my purchases. About the only thing that shows up as non-zero in that list is the purchase of gift cards. So is it just totaling all those zeros and a few occasional gift cards?

This table:

https://www.daz3d.com/sales/order/history

I have 1.1.14 and can't seem to find a later version, even if I follow the links in Overdrawn's sig to the Chrome Store. 

Same for me. I have 1.1.17 in Firefox, but can't find any way to get it updated from 1.1.14 in Chrome.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Kerya said:

OK, when it totals the column in the table it gets $0.00 for orders paid with store credit and the Grand Total (which is the real price paid for the items in that order) for orders paid with Paypal etc ...

Eeeek.

As I prefer to buy myself Gift cards during sales, I probably spent even more ...

You DO buy the giftcard, so that's in the total.

barbult said:
    Overdrawn said:

Yep. But since those giftcards cover every purchase in this case, that will be a correct total.

Kerya said:
    Overdrawn said:

Hi friends! Version 1.1.17 is up for Firefox and Chrome--Opera en route. It adds the following awesome:

This works even now with 1.1.16 ... I am not sure I want to know! LOL

Everything I add has an on-off switch on the extension's options page. This is one of the things I loved about userscripts, that you can run the ones you want, and not run the ones you don't want. So even with the extension, you now have total control over what features you want to see.

I knew this feature would be one that many of you will want to turn off. ;)

Ati said:
    barbult said:
    Overdrawn said:

Yep. But since those giftcards cover every purchase in this case, that will be a correct total.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Everytime I click on Load Ownership Info on this product that I own, it adds another Product Library icon next to the wishlist icon. I kept clicking, because at first I didn't see anything happening. I expected to see something get greyed out on the bundles. I think the only thing that did happen was adding the additional Product Library icons. This is in Firefox with extension 1.1.17.

Multiple product library icons.JPG
    866 x 1004 - 141K
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    Overdrawn said:

Ohhh...I'm really pretty sure I don't wanna know that. It may damage me forever ;). LOL

Laurie

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 561
    edited October 2016
    @barbult thanks for the bug report! Will take a look. Glad everyone's enjoying that grand total. ;-P Helps one find the options page quickly if nothing else. :)
    Post edited by Overdrawn on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Kerya said:
    Overdrawn said:

This works even now with 1.1.16 ... I am not sure I want to know! LOL

Which prices does it add up? The "Grand Total" of each order? or the prices of the items?

I recommend you don't look! I looked, and now I wish I hadn't...
    crying

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Overdrawn said:
    Add Export Cart as CSV button -- handy for understanding these crazy deals. ;)

Ah, I was wondering where that came from.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

How do I update to the newest version? 

• Maybe Total Spent should be off by default...or require a click to load it...maybe. @divamakeup the browser vendors each do updates differently. :-/ Sadly I can't control the timing. I typically post here once it's been uploaded to Chrome and Firefox add-on sites. Then I queue Opera--which seems to be the slowest and the strictest... Good times. :-P
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,683

How accurate is the total spent thing.  I think mine is saying too much

• Don't we all... ;) It's based on the total of each order shown in the order history table.
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

So without having to read through 8 pages to find the answer...

Does this work with MS Edge?

• dracorn said:

So without having to read through 8 pages to find the answer...

Does this work with MS Edge?

Not yet. 

Ati said:
    Kerya said:

Eeeek.

You DO buy the giftcard, so that's in the total.

Thank you! Hooray ... I was getting worried. Well, I am worried ... did I really spend that much? Uhm ... LOL

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited November 2016

Where do I find the total money spent?  Is it the total of everything I have purchased at DAZ?

Using FF 47.0.1

Post edited by Kharma on
    edited November 2016
    Kharma said:

Where do I find the total money spent?  Is it the total of everything I have purchased at DAZ?

Using FF 47.0.1

If you have version 1.1.17 of the extension, then it's on your Orders page. Blue guy in top right corner -> Orders. Or directly: https://www.daz3d.com/sales/order/history

It's the total of everything you spent, not purchased. (For example if someone gives you a giftcard and you buy stuff, you are not actually spending money on that, so it's not counted. If you buy a giftcard on sale, you pay $100, and can spend $120, only the actually spent $100 is counted. Etc. Basically the sum of the numbers on the Orders page.)

Post edited by Ati on
    Ati said:
    Kharma said:

Using FF 47.0.1

If you have version 1.1.17 of the extension, then it's on your Orders page. Blue guy in top right corner -> Orders. Or directly: https://www.daz3d.com/sales/order/history

It's the total of everything you spent, not purchased. (For example if someone gives you a giftcard and you buy stuff, you are not actually spending money on that, so it's not counted. If you buy a giftcard on sale, you pay $100, and can spend $120, only the actually spent $100 is counted. Etc. Basically the sum of the numbers on the Orders page.)

I just installed the extension so it should be version 1.1.17 but I don't see anything different on my orders page, what exactly should I see and where?  Could you post a Screenshot?

edited November 2016

I took a screenshot before it added the numbers - I prefer NOT to show that! ROTFL

totalspent.jpg
    1397 x 192 - 46K
    Post edited by Kerya on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

Can you leave the total off by default? I'm not sure I'm psychologically ready to see how much I've spent. :/  I'd lke to choose when I want to see it.

• Is version 1.1.17 available in the Chrome app store? 

edited November 2016
    Kerya said:

I took a screenshot before it added the numbers - I prefer NOT to show that! ROTFL

Nope my page does not show that...is there a setting I have to change to make it show up?

Just checked in my Chrome browser and the total spent doesn't show up there either...how do I make it work?

Post edited by Kharma on
This discussion has been closed.