The Complaint Thread - The Final Countdown

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited November 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Morning. Non complaint: four day weekend. Complaint: Waah is a little cool so far today.

...from what I've seen of the advance Melbourne forecast, in a couple days you'll be wishing for cool.

here we will be lucky if we make the upper 40s.

While on the weather site during lunch viewed the photo gallery for Melbourne. Nice looking city with some really neat architecture (love the Webb Bridge). In one night pic taken along the Yarra it didn't look too different than here in Portland along the WIllamette, though you have a couple taller skyscrapers than we do.

Also love Flinders Station. We used to have a really neat Gothic styled station on the lakefront (Lake Michigan) in Milwaukee WI where I grew up (see below) but nothing as grand as Flinders. Unfortunately it was raized in the mid 60s in the name of "progress" and a lakefront expressway that was never built.

Seems that power kiting and kite boarding is also quite popular there. You must get some really good winds.

----

...well finally made it. Four days of not having to think about the workplace and all the associated politik. Very light day today (most of my client's personnel took off early for the holiday here) so was able to get out a bit early and get a ride home saving about an hour and a half on the commute. Currently at the neighbourhood pub enjoying a pint of CatDog on 2.50 pint night (every Wednesday all ales are 2.50$ a pint all day until close - and this is of fine handcrafted brew). The nice thing is I don't have to get up at 05:45 tomorrow so I can stay until time is called.

Hey what a great ol railway station with a cute turret. Flinders St Station has an old ballroom inside, is very luxurious but fallen into disrepair. Old Melbourne was built during a gold rush mining boom and new Melbourne during a iron-ore mining boom so lots of public stuff is way lavish and even a bit controversial to the average laconic Aussie, I guess generations need to put their stamp on the future. The best thing about the gold rush guys was a fascination with parks and gardens and trees everywhere, newer skyscrapers have elaborate rooftop hanging gardens I guess to fit in with tradition. Strange in a city where it doesn't rain much but I guess that's the transformative bit of civilisation in action.

We both deserve a few days off hey :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

I hope I can sleep well tonight.

Can't believe how sleepy I am :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ohmygoodness, searching on Orion Dancing girls from work compy, not a good idea.
    it's a genre all by itself.

some cupcake ideas. mangia :)

I want one of each please!

3 cupcakes for yoo :)

Fruit is moar better for eating, at breakfast anyhow

fruit of the ... lions? lol

Good sugar pron :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Ungh. Sucky sleep last night. :( Again. :(

At least we got shooed back home early today.

edited December 1969

I could sleep for the rest of the year :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

yumma yummayumma day. waiting for the dinner bell :D. still several hours away yet.

can't decide if i should wear a dress. or trous with a stretchy waistband. lol
    or one of my hot topic micro skirts with black tights. the skirt has give, but the tights are tight.
    hmm, the thanksgiving wardrobe dilemmas.

i hope my cuzzie doesn't have Sleeping Beauty already, or i'm an empty handed guest.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,687
    edited December 1969

Stepfather keeps trying to micromanage everything.

edited December 1969

disney is short on ebil stepfather movies.

hmm, ebil stepmother, ebil queen, ebil sorceress, ebil sea witch, ...

edited November 2012

i'm temped to slap any old render on a zazzle mug just to start my store. but first i haz to find the templates for mugs.

oh noes, Noodles kitty is on sale. ouch. can't spend money on myself this week. iz Holidays.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

disney is short on ebil stepfather movies.

hmm, ebil stepmother, ebil queen, ebil sorceress, ebil sea witch, ...

That's because women are typically sugar and spice and everything sweet and nice, whereas guys are just downright mean, except for me. lol

edited December 1969

almost din dins. yumma

they're on their way to come get me. can yoo tell i don't get out much?

brr, iz chilly, need last minute change of wardrobe plan.

edited December 1969

Had some food. Now I want to rest now.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    That looks like a Jack (Tomalin) scene, KK (^_^).

...I actually posted this in the JT Appreciation Thread. He liked it. I hope he does something like this sometime.
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I could sleep for the rest of the year :)

...like a bear, I could do so until next spring. Winter, used to love it, then I got old and achy.
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited November 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    M F M said:
    That looks like a Jack (Tomalin) scene, KK (^_^).

...I actually posted this in the JT Appreciation Thread. He liked it. I hope he does something like this sometime.
    That's the "Lake Front Depot", isn't it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Front_Depot

http://modutrak.cgwrr.com/MiNi/CNWLakefrontDepot.htm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WI-MILWAUKEE-NORTH-WESTERN-DEPOT-LAKE-FRONT-WATER-TOWER-CASPAR-PMC-K23473-/140861957961?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cc06e749

Do you have any other pictures of it, or just memories?

Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 1969

I am tired but I do not want to take a nap.

edited November 2012

Non-complaint: the forumarchive seems to have regained images...

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=190892

... ah... hmm... not all threads - Rezca's inline images in the final complaint thread still seem to be gone... but a bunch of other random threads I tried now seem to have pictures ^_^.

Per-user history search works too... now to see if I can find that pic I posted two years ago >_<...</p>

Post edited by M F M on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Non-complaint: the forumarchive seems to have regained images...

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=190892

... ah... hmm... not all threads - Rezca's inline images in the final complaint thread still seem to be gone... but a bunch of other random threads I tried now seem to have pictures ^_^.

Per-user history search works too... now to see if I can find that pic I posted two years ago >_<...</div>

It rather looks as though it my be images that were inbedded from other sites, as the one you link to the image location is on the faeriedreams site
    edited December 1969

Ahhh... ok. Didn't check that closely <(^_^). (and yes, it appears most of the "/postimages/origimage..." links are still present). Oh well.</p>

edited December 1969

Morning. Grey day in Melbourne, where haz the sun gone ?

edited November 2012

M F M said:
    That's the "Lake Front Depot", isn't it?

Do you have any other pictures of it, or just memories?

...most of it fond memories. Used to take trains out for there to Green Bay & Chicago until the C&NW; moved to the station they shared with the Milwaukee Road on St Paul Ave.

The Milwaukee Road had an imposing terminal as well, very "German Bahnhof" in appearance. Unfortunately it first had it's magnificent clock tower removed then after the Milwaukee Road abandoned it the building burnt down.

Unfortunately the only image I have from its heyday is an old postcard.

milwaukee_road_depot.jpg
    708 x 468 - 38K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Shows a great sense of style and occasion :)

edited December 1969

did everyone have a nice day today?

full tummy tired, the upstairs people making too much noise to fall asleep.

i asked my 6 yo cousin if she decided what she wants to do when she grows up, without hesitation she says she wants to be a writer and illustrator.

edited December 1969

grr am i calling it wrong?
    i can't find smudge sticks on amazon.
    you know those cardboardy stick thingies you use to smudge lines in pencil drawings for contouring?

edited December 1969

did everyone have a nice day today?

full tummy tired, the upstairs people making too much noise to fall asleep.

i asked my 6 yo cousin if she decided what she wants to do when she grows up, without hesitation she says she wants to be a writer and illustrator.

Spent the afternoon with an old friend eating rich food and drinking wine out of a cardboard box in the sun on a deck overlooking the Maribyrnong River, was sorry when the sun set and had to leave :)

edited December 1969

New Brad Pitt movie haz many many zombies but no tentacles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwTxRuq-uk&feature=player_embedded

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2012

Complaint... More so disappointment and frustration. My WIP boots has an issue... I wielded various parts together... In the viewport all looks great... In renders, well let's just say it is mangled on the surface :( All the verts are positioned fine, all edges are wielded, the mesh is neat in the viewports, but is very jagged in renders despite all my smoothing efforts. I may have to re model the foot area of the tall boots :down:

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Complaint... More so disappointment and frustration. My WIP boots has an issue... I wielded various parts together... In the viewport all looks great... In renders, well let's just say it is mangled on the surface :( All the verts are positioned fine, all edges are wielded, the mesh is neat in the viewports, but is very jagged in renders despite all my smoothing efforts. I may have to re model the foot area of the tall boots :down:

Mate if it was easy everyone would be doing it *empathises* :)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

There is always a solution... And I think I found it... Though it's a painstaking process... It seems some of my verts are doubles, and you can only see it in the renders, not the view port which is annoying. I have to insert a wire (Cut it) to connect the double verts and then target wield it together, fixing the problem. ........... At least I dont have to re-model it.

The drive that makes me wanna craft my own clothing is that there is very little, "Appropriate" and non-V4 clothing as well as not much support for genesis. You see alot of "Sexy" and there are beautiful renders using the style, but it's not really why I'm into Daz and 3D.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    There is always a solution... And I think I found it... Though it's a painstaking process... It seems some of my verts are doubles, and you can only see it in the renders, not the view port which is annoying. I have to insert a wire (Cut it) to connect the double verts and then target wield it together, fixing the problem. ........... At least I dont have to re-model it.

The drive that makes me wanna craft my own clothing is that there is very little, "Appropriate" and non-V4 clothing as well as not much support for genesis. You see alot of "Sexy" and there are beautiful renders using the style, but it's not really why I'm into Daz and 3D.

Fair 'nuff, that's good motivation. I like what I saw of the boots :)

This discussion has been closed.