The Complaint Thread - The Final Countdown

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

a Mad Max sequel? huh?

Tom Hardy playing Max, has been a long time coming - if they get it finished there have been false starts and funding woes :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Jaderail said:
    Complaint for today: The last minuet running around for a Turkey Day feast seems to always cost just as much as all the stuff you bought weeks ago.

My kitchen hob is having trouble protecting his Turkey day feast from meeces.

Hehe hopes you are winning that one :)

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Whoa noisy ol Melbourne is 'specially loud this morning. A little cool in the air today taking the sting out of a hot north wind at last :)

Hot North Wind sounds so strange being from the Northern Hemisphere.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ooo boy o boy 2 days to dinner day.

my cuzzie is making my favorite sweet potato casserole, with brown sugar and marshmallows on top. droool

picked up a powerball ticket. it would be so kewl to win the lottery, then i could tell my cuzzie 'guess what'

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,609
    edited December 1969

My back hurts but I just took some cold medicine which has pain killer so I cannot take any painkillers for another four hours.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    a Mad Max sequel? huh?

Tom Hardy playing Max, has been a long time coming - if they get it finished there have been false starts and funding woes :)

how can they top Tina Turner?

edited December 1969

i pulled the emergency backup saralee cheesecake. iz gonna take awhile to thaw.

edited December 1969

My back hurts but I just took some cold medicine which has pain killer so I cannot take any painkillers for another four hours.

ouchie. back pain is miserable. sympathies

edited December 1969

ahh, hot food, hot cawffee. it never gets old. don't think i'll ever take it for granted again either.

edited December 1969

ouchie. back pain is miserable. sympathies
    I guess it is due to my bad posture. or maybe my big boobs?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Back problems suck. I spent 6 years getting shots and outpatient procedures on mine before i said screw it and got the full blown back surgery. Now that I've had the surgery my legs don't hurt but my back still hurts on a daily bases and have to live on pain killers.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Back problems suck. I spent 6 years getting shots and outpatient procedures on mine before i said screw it and got the full blown back surgery. Now that I've had the surgery my legs don't hurt but my back still hurts on a daily bases and have to live on pain killers.

at least you do not have big boobs

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Complaint for today: The last minuet running around for a Turkey Day feast seems to always cost just as much as all the stuff you bought weeks ago.

I know that was a typo, Jade, but my stupid brain insisted on giving me a mental image of you in the grocery store doing one last minuet while pushing the cart. :)
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

ouchies to the n'th. living on pain killers is prolly stressing other organs?

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:

I know that was a typo, Jade, but my stupid brain insisted on giving me a mental image of you in the grocery store doing one last minuet while pushing the cart. :)

And now I am picturing him in the Freak 4's tutu outfit while doing the minuet and his phone is blaring the appropriate music for a minuet.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    a Mad Max sequel? huh?

Charlize Theron :)

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    ps1borg said:
    Morning. Whoa noisy ol Melbourne is 'specially loud this morning. A little cool in the air today taking the sting out of a hot north wind at last :)

Hot North Wind sounds so strange being from the Northern Hemisphere.

South is where the South Pole is, so North is the opposite of cold :)

edited December 1969

I want an applesauce.

edited November 2012

I want lunch but am too much on the move for a couple of hours yet :)

In other news Tongariro volcano in New Zealand is erupting

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

got my strawberry applesauce! Now I can eat it!

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I want lunch but am too much on the move for a couple of hours yet :)

In other news Tongariro volcano in New Zealand is erupting

Gandalf battling the Balroc?

edited December 1969

I am going to go to my Mum's tomorrow afternoon and not go home till Sunday night. I can going to see if the Library is open this weekend.

I want that two piece outfit from Prometheus.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

3:27 am.

I have to wake up at 6:30 am.

I have been clobbered by Scumbag Brain, it seems...

edited December 1969

For Genesis of course.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    a Mad Max sequel? huh?

Did not find her so hot in Prometheus... Noomi Rapace for "post-apocalyptic dystopia" maybe? ;-)

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    a Mad Max sequel? huh?

Did not find her so hot in Prometheus... Noomi Rapace for "post-apocalyptic dystopia" maybe? ;-)

Mila Jovovich would have worked for me :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited November 2012

...workplace politik is becoming more stupid by the day. Were it not for the lagging economy out here and my age,I'd just get up walk away from it all and look for something else.

I've never seen a company do more to make a procedure or task as inefficient as possible.

Case in point: as I mentioned I finally got the DP manager to admit I was not trained properly. So, what is the solution? Instead of having me work with the other Admin Assistant (who has been spending more time in the bindery dept instead of overseeing workflow) they are going to bring in an entirely new person to "learn" what I was supposed to be trained in. This pretty much means I will most likely be moved out of the department back into the warehouse just in time for winter where I will no doubt be required to do a lot of production work (some of it heavy) in addition to my admin duties. So back to freezing day in and day out while standing on a hard cold concrete floor a good part of the day with my bad arthritis.

I really do not want to endure another winter in that frigid warehouse.

What they need to so is bring in a couple younger more "able" bodied individuals to handle the production tasks and physical work and keep the admin personnel in the positions they are best suited for. In the long run it would be much more efficient and better for the both the company and employees as a whole.

They also need to stop reinforcing the negative while copping out with the phrase, "it's just business".

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    3:27 am.

I have to wake up at 6:30 am.

I have been clobbered by Scumbag Brain, it seems...

Oh yes Brain before: food haz energy and will make you work harder. Brain after: That waz yummy, sleeps nao

:)

*sympathises*

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...workplace politik is becoming more stupid by the day. Were it not for the lagging economy out here and my age,I'd just get up walk away from it all and look for something else.

I've never seen a company do more to make a procedure or task as inefficient as possible.

Case in point: as I mentioned I finally got the DP manager to admit I was not trained properly. So, what is the solution? Instead of having me work with the other Admin Assistant (who has been spending more time in the bindery dept instead of overseeing workflow) they are going to bring in an entirely new person to "learn" what I was supposed to be trained in. This pretty much means I will most likely be moved out of the department back into the warehouse just in time for winter where I will no doubt be required to do a lot of production work (some of it heavy) in addition to my admin duties. So back to freezing day in and day out while standing on a hard cold concrete floor a good part of the day with my bad arthritis.

I really do not want to endure another winter in that frigid warehouse.

What they need to so is bring in a couple younger more "able" bodied individuals to handle the production tasks and physical work and keep the admin personnel in the positions they are best suited for. In the long run it would be much more efficient and better for the both the company and employees as a whole.

They also need to stop reinforcing the negative while copping out with the phrase, "it's just business".

Sux big time

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Welp, I'm awake now; not bright-eyed nor bushy-tailed, and I definitely won't shine either. Gonna do a big gulp of caffeine to stay awake. Fortunately I had some serious nappage yesterday, so I'm not completely screwed by last night.

This discussion has been closed.