What has happened to DAZ ?????

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2012

slojo....

Sorry to hear of your disapproval of this thread. However, if you did post more often, you would realize these people (myself included) were just chatting in what is obviously an abandoned thread....

...and the OP DID make a rather non-descriptive post.

How was anyone supposed to really respond to it?

mixart421 said:
    Can someone , anyone tell me what the hell is going on here at DAZ ? Absolutely nothing makes any sense here anymore ! ! ! !

Personally, I was rather enjoying the silliness!! :) Bring it ON!!! MORE silliness, please!! :lol:

I'm sorry - but it was only abandoned after people started to make fun of the OP. I know that most people here are good at having fun and thats not a bad thing but I was appalled to see a Moderator and a community volunter have fun at someone elses expense.
    Would you have come back.
    The OP was obviously frustrated by the changes here and posted what is yes an ambiguous post but I really don't feel that they deserved the ridicule they got from those who supposedly are chosen for their patience with newcomers and the frustrated.

Is this really what these forums have become, if you don't understand the post and find it non-descriptive its ok to make fun of it.

It would have been nice to have given the poster a chance to explain their frustrations more fully before ridiculing them.

In actual fact no one was having fun at the OPs expense.

The original post was somewhat lacking in detail as to what was meant by it, and then someone started speculating as to what was actually meant. My first post, which I assume is the one you mean, was actually addressed towards Another poster, and he is used to me poking fun at him.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

I'm sorry - but it was only abandoned after people started to make fun of the OP. I know that most people here are good at having fun and thats not a bad thing but I was appalled to see a Moderator and a community volunter have fun at someone elses expense.
    The OP was obviously frustrated by the changes here and posted what is yes an ambiguous post but I really don't feel that they deserved the ridicule they got from those who supposedly are chosen for their patience with newcomers and the frustrated.

Is this really what these forums have become, if you don't understand the post and find it non-descriptive its ok to make fun of it.

It would have been nice to have given the poster a chance to explain their frustrations more fully before ridiculing them.

With all these random threads that really contribute nothing to the forum, I think we should take a gander at this public service announcement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbd1oGFl7sE

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

The original post was somewhat lacking in detail as to what was meant by it, and then someone started speculating as to what was actually meant. My first post, which I assume is the one you mean, was actually addressed towards Another poster, and he is used to me poking fun at him.

It came across as being address at the OP, the whole tone of the thread turned towards others having a laugh.
    How or why should the OP or anyone else know that you and certain other forum members have a jocula relationship.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited November 2012

slojo....

Sorry to hear of your disapproval of this thread. However, if you did post more often, you would realize these people (myself included) were just chatting in what is obviously an abandoned thread....

...and the OP DID make a rather non-descriptive post.

How was anyone supposed to really respond to it?

mixart421 said:
    Can someone , anyone tell me what the hell is going on here at DAZ ? Absolutely nothing makes any sense here anymore ! ! ! !

Personally, I was rather enjoying the silliness!! :) Bring it ON!!! MORE silliness, please!! :lol:

Well, I can certainly see that point of view.... and I can't speak for anyone else... but I don't think the intention was to ridicule, but rather that it was interpreted as not being a very serious post. I know there is some room for improvement when it comes to written communication, but I personally didn't take the OP's question very seriously because of it's ambiguous nature and I assume neither did said CV or mod... or any of the other people who posted here...although I can not speak for them. I do, however, talk to them frequently and don't believe they had malicious intentions, but were just having a bit of fun... in what seemed to not be a very serious thread.

That's my perspective, anyway. I do not wish to offend, and hope if the OP does come back, they will interpret it as playful as well.

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited November 2012

mjc1016 said:
    I'd rather the silliness than one more...'oh the world is going to end because everything in DS is broken!!!' thread.

I totally agree. Folks, it's just a program and digital content. If your life is so so droll that you can't just walk away when your THAT pissed off and frustrated.. well I don't know what to tell you. For ME, DAZ Studio is great.

Genesis is fabulous and we are all blessed to have some of the TOP creators in our little cottage industry working their fingers to the bone to create really cool stuff.

New hair for V4 and Genesis from Goldtassel just hit the PC club "Tears Hair" as well as a color expansion set, it's that kind of hair that many of us needed for those romantic pieces we are/were working on. Gorgeous.

We also have two new hair plugins in the works, which is AWESOME! New clothing and props constantly hitting the market and did everyone see this from Jack Tomalin?:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/curator-aquarum Also a PC item. It's simply gorgeous!

Oh and Cho that cartoon made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the giggle!

Mooooo! :P

Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited November 2012

chohole said:

It came across as being address at the OP, the whole tone of the thread turned towards others having a laugh.
    How or why should the OP or anyone else know that you and certain other forum members have a jocula relationship.

Because I actually quoted a phrase from the person that I meant, not say anything from the original post.. It could have been worse, I could have posted a lolcat, which I am also prone to do on occasion

lolcat-sad.jpg
    400 x 311 - 21K
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    mjc1016 said:
    I'd rather the silliness than one more...'oh the world is going to end because everything in DS is broken!!!' thread.

I totally agree. Folks, it's just a program and digital content. If your life is so so droll that you can't just walk away when your THAT pissed off and frustrated.. well I don't know what to tell you. For ME, DAZ Studio is great.

Genesis is fabulous and we are all blessed to have some of the TOP creators in our little cottage industry working their fingers to the bone to create really cool stuff.

New hair for V4 and Genesis from Goldtassel just hit the PC club "Tears Hair" as well as a color expansion set, it's that kind of hair that many of us needed for those romantic pieces we are/were working on. Gorgeous.

We also have two new hair plugins in the works, which is AWESOME! New clothing and props constantly hitting the market and did everyone see this from Jack Tomalin?:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/curator-aquarum Also a PC item. It's simply gorgeous!

Oh and Cho that cartoon made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the giggle!

Mooooo! :P

I certainly agree with the content aspect. There has been so much fantastic content that has come out in the past few weeks that I am crying, as I have no money left to spend on them after all of the sales these past few months.

For those of you who take things seriously, as I do on occasion, just ask Chohole, when I said crying, I didn't literally mean a couple of tears were coming out of my eyes, I actually meant I have a running flow of water gushing out.

Anyone have a couple of grand, moolah that is, they could give to a depressed guy who wants nothing more than to have everything.

edited December 1969

We are all in the same boat. My spending is cut way back and I'm thankful for my PC club membership. I might not always get the discount code but every week there is something there for a buck ninety nine that makes me go "oo and ah" so it's worth the membership costs!

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited November 2012

Moo.

(In case you haven't seen this, Sockratease...)

impostors.jpg
    800 x 800 - 554K
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I took no offense from chohole I'm a chronic complainer and well aware of it. Personally I would love to not have anything to complain about, but if I didn't I wouldn't be posting as much. Look at the spiral graphics forum, I'm fairly inactive there because there is nothing to complain about, Genetica is the app I compare all others to and find them lacking. It is practically bug free, works marvelously, always does what I need it to, and gives me just what I want with as little fuss or muss as can be.

Then you take studio, seems when ever I step out side the realm of load pose render I run in to issues. Studio 4 has yet to fill the hole in my work flow studio 3 left. For quite a while studio 3 was an integral part of my work flow, I've had so many issues trying to get studio 4 to fill the same role that I have uninstalled it and have no intention of reinstalling it any time soon.

Right now I am primarily working with genesis, autofit, and soft cloth in carrara 8.5. Works well for static poses but little else. One of the issues I run in to constantly is dresses. I don't mean long dresses I mean one piece dresses. Regardless of what I choose as a convert type; skirt, shirt, body suit, each has issues posing. But it is just playing around, I don't have all the materials I need to work with genesis.

I have a big selection of poses for mil3 and 4. I have a pose for practically any situation, or one close enough to be easily modified. I have spent a fair amount of money on the poses buying many from DAZ. None of them work well enough on genesis for me to use them. I mean without after market fixes and playing around try to get it right; as well as issue just trying to pose genesis. I can pose genesis nicely in carrara but I have to go through and reset joint parameters to do it; IK chains{?}. What that means is if I am actually working on a scene I don't use genesis, I'm still using mil4 figures because, for me they are just far easier to work with.

I came back after a leave to see what had changed, to update what may have been and to see how things are going. And I have found very little changed, not much I use updated, and like water things are still flowing downhill.

And I'm still trying to see all this complaining going on. Most of the threads I see fall in to 3 categories, commercial, help, and praise.

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

3. Starting in February 2012, DAZ 3D started giving away the "Pro" version of DAZ Studio 4, previously sold for $429 I think. This made many people happy and brought in new customers, but angered those who had previously purchased it. This was originally announced as a temporary offer, but it has been extended indefinitely.

sounds like,
    a slap in the face to all the loyal daz users.
    big reason for many "loyals" to stop buying content here.
    and move on with poser weightmap and gen4.

edited November 2012

sounds like,

Err, you're still using DAZ stuff... and unofficially supported stuff at that.

Doesn't sound better than what I have, since use male characters.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

sounds like,

yeah, i only shop at other sites.
    here is no content available for me.
    as 3d user i find the most content too childish here at shop.
    prefer more renderosity and other.

edited December 1969

sounds like,

yeah, i only shop at other sites.

So, why are you here? ;)

here is no content available for me.

Plenty of stuff for me, and lots more clothing in the last few weeks to clothe my male figures..

as 3d user i find the most content too childish here at shop.

Totally disagree.

prefer more renderosity and other.

I have enough swimsuits, mini skirts and panties. ;)

edited December 1969

"childish here to shop" seriously dude? Now your just being plain rude.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Moo.

(In case you haven't seen this, Sockratease...)

Interesting group.

I've herd of The Millennium Cow, but who are Doyle, Paloma, and Braxton?

What was that about threadjacking again?

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

are you the Mixart who made this pretty texture for Evil innoccence's sundress?

LOL, thanks Wendy, made me laugh :D

edited December 1969

I think this would be the condensed version of a thorough response to the original post (assuming it was meant literally and not rhetorically):

1. In 2011 or so, DAZ 3D released DAZ Studio 4, which included a new Genesis figure. Genesis was a big improvement in many ways over earlier figures like Victoria 4, etc., but originally didn't transfer well to Poser, which made many people unhappy.
    http://www.daz3d.com/products/daz-studio/daz-studio-what-is-daz-studio/
    http://www.daz3d.com/products/daz-studio/daz-studio-whats-new/
    http://www.daz3d.com/products/genesis/genesis-what-is-genesis
    2. The Genesis figure would be used as the base figure of the latest versions of Victoria, Michael, and other "iconic" characters.
    http://www.daz3d.com/products/genesis/genesis-victoria
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/products/genesis/genesis-michael
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/stephanie-5
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/hiro-5
    3. Starting in February 2012, DAZ 3D started giving away the "Pro" version of DAZ Studio 4, previously sold for $429 I think. This made many people happy and brought in new customers, but angered those who had previously purchased it. This was originally announced as a temporary offer, but it has been extended indefinitely.
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=182532
    4. In May 2012, DAZ moved to a new website based on Magento. The transition was the opposite of smooth, with many problems in the store and in the forum. The situation has improved considerably since then, but a few issues persist and/or crop up now and again.
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=157638&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2516/
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2055/
    5. In August, version 4.5 of DAZ Studio was released. Around the same time, an updated version of Poser came out. Then in October, the DSON Importer was released by DAZ. These changes finally allowed Genesis to work much better/more easily in Poser.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5343/
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9471/
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11137/
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9571/
    6. There have been a series of sales in the past several months, presumably aimed to an extent at winning back customers who had been disillusioned with the (previous) lack of Poser support of Genesis products or were scared away by the issues with the new store (largely solved now). The current sale event is called Black November.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11470/

Hopefully that clears things up...

hmm, I think you pretty much got everything... ;)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    welllllllllll

OMG! Pam, love it, thank you :)

edited December 1969

and now for my next trick...

"BOOP"

:P

Hey_Cat_-_BOOP.jpg
    512 x 600 - 50K
  • DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited December 1969

Nice, cats are not well known for their 'sense of humour' :)

edited December 1969

The smile on that dogs face in the last panel just cracks me up!

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

or the unflateable pony

...inflatable...

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

@RAMWolf

What a great set of shots, no need for a movie! He might be tough, but he's ready for evasive action. :-)

edited December 1969

or the unflateable pony

...inflatable...

No.

Unflateable!

That was the whole point. Anybody can make an inflatable pony - Unflateable ponies are much rarer!

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

or the unflateable pony

...inflatable...

No.

Unflateable!

That was the whole point. Anybody can make an inflatable pony - Unflateable ponies are much rarer!

So where do you blow to unflate the pony?? ;-)

edited November 2012

A screen shot of part of my Daz download folder backup, to prove that it was around

edited to add a screen shot of the promo image as well

pony_product_page.jpg
    500 x 650 - 24K
    pony_screen_shot.jpg
    332 x 147 - 65K
    edited December 1969

So where do you blow to unflate the pony?? ;-)

Up!

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

And there you have it. Do I need to offer up any more proof?

edited November 2012

What more proof do you have that the Unflatable Pony did exist?

This discussion has been closed.