Making Fake Ads using DAZ characters

Comments

• michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Thanks. This is my very first time winning anything like this.

Well Jake I hope this will be the beginning of many such wins. :-)

• Jake_35533Jake_35533 Posts: 242
    edited October 2012

Testing out my new car I bought on DAZ a couple of days ago. Trying to do it "Photo real" (using Reality plugin). This is my first car render. Never owned a digital sports car before : )

4.jpg
    1363 x 1126 - 2M
    Post edited by Jake_35533 on
  • BrotherloboBrotherlobo Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

Jake I just had a look at the competition and you won 3 out of the four finalists placings! :bug: I think a standing ovation is in order. Clap clap clap clap clap clap!!!!!! Sorry that was the best I could do they don't have a smiley for it. BTW I hope yours is chosen for the final cover, I'm sure they will not be disappointed. Clap clap clap clap clap clap!!!!!! Bravo!!!!!

It was. I am thrilled with the final version of the cover. Here it is...I agree -- a standing ovation is needed :-)

Reflection-FINAL.jpg
    1400 x 2000 - 800K
    edited October 2012

Jake I just had a look at the competition and you won 3 out of the four finalists placings! :bug: I think a standing ovation is in order. Clap clap clap clap clap clap!!!!!! Sorry that was the best I could do they don't have a smiley for it. BTW I hope yours is chosen for the final cover, I'm sure they will not be disappointed. Clap clap clap clap clap clap!!!!!! Bravo!!!!!

It was. I am thrilled with the final version of the cover. Here it is...I agree -- a standing ovation is needed :-)

Thanks a lot! I am glad you like it. This is overwhelming for me, since I never really won anything before, especially not something as cool as this. I was a little nervous at first because I didn't want to misinterpret how you wanted the cover to look. But since you like it, I am happy! I hope this cover helps people realize how cool your story is. I can't wait to see the cover on the actual book. I will order a physical copy from Amazon when you publish it so I can actually see the cover in person on a real book. Thanks again for the opportunity.

• michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219
    edited October 2012

Way to go Jake, I'm really thrilled for both you and A.E. it's great to see it all come together for you both. And I must agree that the final image is a real winner. And is truly captures all the best bits from your renders.

BTW thats a outstanding first car render. "Never owned a digital sports car before" the first thing I'd splash out on after winning a competition would be a car to, real or digital! ;-)

Post edited by michaeltoo on
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Hope it's OK to contribute this, because it's also in my thread :red:

Made this as one of the requirements for a screenwriting fellowship and was grateful for 8 years in advertising (as a copywriter, though; sorry Jad, I should have specified :red: ).

It's for the script I'm working, which is an update of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night (the source for She's the Man).

Big shoutout to my boy Jad for the input in improving it :cheese:

Dude-Looks-Like-a-Lady-Poster-small.png
    1005 x 1300 - 123K
    edited November 2012

Hope it's OK to contribute this, because it's also in my thread :red:

Made this as one of the requirements for a screenwriting fellowship and was grateful for 8 years in advertising (as a copywriter, though; sorry Jad, I should have specified :red: ).

It's for the script I'm working, which is an update of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night (the source for She's the Man).

Big shoutout to my boy Jad for the input in improving it :cheese:

This is cool! I am assuming she is playing on a men's basketball team. Is this a script for an animated movie or a real human movie? Seems cool if you are using DAZ Studio to animate it. Got any more?

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited November 2012

Thank you so much, Jake :cheese:

It's for a live action movie, but there is a science-fiction Daz animation project I'm working on with a friend. I sussed out that 3D animation totally shines in sci-fi/fantasy.

No other posters, I'm afraid but I am working on something for Les Mis :cheese:

Post edited by 3dLux on
  • bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,021
    edited December 1969

Have'nt checked in on this thread in a while. Fun stuff still a-happening.

Here's one I did for the PC Inspiration contest this week.

"Body Wash"

Effortless Cool for Genesis Male
    Mellow

Santo International (Alfonso Morph and Body 2) by ForbiddenWhispers,JSGraphics,Male-M3dia,ProFotograf
    btw… love that Body 2 morph
    Hair Care products
    DZ for M5 Poseset (Rendo)

renderer: 3ds max Mental Ray

Mellow.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited November 2012

Wish I knew how to use 3DS Max (I own Lightwave, Maya, Cinema 4D, and 3DS Max and don't know how to use any of them). As of now, I'm stuck with Poser and Daz Studio.

Here is a magazine version of the car rendering I did a month ago.

Cars-and-Drivers.jpg
    1545 x 2000 - 472K
    edited December 1969

Here's one i had in the old gallery. Can't think of what ad this could be for.

Snake_bed.jpg
    1073 x 953 - 834K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Here's one i had in the old gallery. Can't think of what ad this could be for.

Me neither, but it's a great render. :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

maybe something about adderdas or snakers.

edited December 1969

An ad I made from a test render for a book I am working on.

Hunting.jpg
    1111 x 1438 - 1004K
    edited November 2012

A different version of the Ad I posted in the Bryce forum last week.

Pack-Set-ALT-Lighting.jpg
    1000 x 761 - 241K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited November 2012

A different version of the Ad I posted in the Bryce forum last week.

This is so cool! I never thought about actually making the dials and stuff on bryce interface into actual objects. This would have been a good cover art for Bryce. How did you make this?

edited December 1969

Thanks Jake.

How did I make it?... I'm temped to say "I made it all in Vue" :lol: (but I'd be lying)
    The actual 3D models of the tool bar icons were quite simple. Just really basic primitives and some booleans.
    The box was a bit trickier, but I have a toy box package model in Poser, which I opened the template for in Photoshop and then rendered the Bryce Icons from my Bryce document and took a screen grab of the Bryce splash page and used the template to put the box design together, which was then mapped onto the model in Poser. Then I exported the model as an .obj file and brought it into Bryce. The model then needed an amount of tweaking in Bryce (especially making the clear plastic window cut out using more booleans and creating a bent clear plastic sheet to fit). Then I simply arranged the icons I'd already made in a still life type scene, lit it and rendered it. Then back to Photoshop for the addition of the advert headline.

Here are the initial renders of the Bryce Icons;

Bryce-Controls.jpg
    537 x 620 - 79K
    Bryce-Icons.jpg
    800 x 620 - 207K
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jake.

How did I make it?... I'm temped to say "I made it all in Vue" :lol: (but I'd be lying)
    The actual 3D models of the tool bar icons were quite simple. Just really basic primitives and some booleans.
    The box was a bit trickier, but I have a toy box package model in Poser, which I opened the template for in Photoshop and then rendered the Bryce Icons from my Bryce document and took a screen grab of the Bryce splash page and used the template to put the box design together, which was then mapped onto the model in Poser. Then I exported the model as an .obj file and brought it into Bryce. The model then needed an amount of tweaking in Bryce (especially making the clear plastic window cut out using more booleans and creating a bent clear plastic sheet to fit). Then I simply arranged the icons I'd already made in a still life type scene, lit it and rendered it. Then back to Photoshop for the addition of the advert headline.

Here are the initial renders of the Bryce Icons;

How long did it take you to build all the different parts? I hate booleans because it takes a while to get them just right.

edited December 1969

I guess about 3 hours (spread out over several days).
    All the shapes are very simple really, just intersecting cylinders and square primitives.
    The most complex boolean part (and it's not really complex) is the four way arrow on the big metal ball.
    It took a while to work out the best way to do that (and after I'd finished it, I figured out a slightly easier way)

Then I think It took about a day to arrange the scene, light it and render it (I rendered 4 different lighting set ups).

edited December 2012

Here is an image from a kids book I am working on. Its the kind that are more action packed, the kind I wish I had to read when I was a kid. I am getting close to finishing it. I plan to publish it as well as 4 others in January. All my time has been spent on working on these books and didn't have much time to make any more ads.

page_28i_(FINAL).jpg
    2000 x 1462 - 2M
    Npage_2_(BILLY_ENTERS_CASTLE).png
    2000 x 1462 - 5M
  • ArtXtreme101ArtXtreme101 Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

My side hobby is to make fake Magazine covers and Ads using DAZ characters. Here are three of them. (I didn't know that BOSS cigarettes were a real brand until I googled it much later. I guess I can't submit this to the main DAZ gallery since it is considered an advertisement or "product shot" as they said). Would these images be rejected in the main gallery because they advertise something (even if they are fake ads?) I want to do more, have any ideas?

All images were made in DAZ Studio with Reality/LuxRender and Photoshop

Hey, I was wondering what hair you used for the very top image "Le Manli"?
    Thanks!

edited December 1969

ArtXtreme said:
    My side hobby is to make fake Magazine covers and Ads using DAZ characters. Here are three of them. (I didn't know that BOSS cigarettes were a real brand until I googled it much later. I guess I can't submit this to the main DAZ gallery since it is considered an advertisement or "product shot" as they said). Would these images be rejected in the main gallery because they advertise something (even if they are fake ads?) I want to do more, have any ideas?

All images were made in DAZ Studio with Reality/LuxRender and Photoshop

Hey, I was wondering what hair you used for the very top image "Le Manli"?
    Thanks!

Ricardi hair. But I enhanced it by painting over it in photoshop strand by strand. Its only my third time doing it and its not quite perfect like the tutorials I followed but its better than what the Ricardi hair looked like in this rendering.

Here is one of the tutorials on deviant art:

http://sirasan.deviantart.com/art/Photoshop-Painting-Hair-32663745

edited December 2012

Time Magazine: Brad Pitt + George Clooney = Brad Clooney

Times.jpg
    1500 x 1941 - 490K
  • shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 2012

The kids book images are great! My son would love to read something like that.

Brad Clooney :lol: love it :-)

Post edited by shaaelia on
    edited December 2012

Shaaelia said:
    The kids book images are great! My son would love to read something like that.

Wow, thats very encouraging to hear. This will be my first book, published on iTunes. I will be doing a read aloud book with word highlighting. It will be a good two months before its finalized, processed by apple and then on the actual store. You are considered my first "critic" so to speak. My series is for young boys who like adventure rather than the old "Jack and Jill go over the hill" type stuff. Action and adventure only. The type of books I wish I could have read when I was a kid.

(end_page)_portrait.jpg
    1500 x 1097 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Let me know when they're out. I'll have to grab a copy. I showed my 6 year old your pictures, and he's excited to read the book. He wants to know if the kid gets to go into the castle :-)

edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    Let me know when they're out. I'll have to grab a copy. I showed my 6 year old your pictures, and he's excited to read the book. He wants to know if the kid gets to go into the castle :-)

Yes, he gets to go into the castle. He also becomes prince of the kingdom later on. He has to earn it of course :)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Fake ads? I did a lot of them years ago, mostly for my friends in the Rendo Bryce Forum. Here are a few. Let me know if you'd like to see more.

file_730988.jpg
    614 x 888 - 189K
    file_1032891.jpg
    593 x 768 - 201K
    file_303108.jpg
    582 x 768 - 296K
    file_734513.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 174K
    renderboy.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 275K
    edited December 1969

Jake, another great render - he's really excited about it :-)

tjohn, great ads, the Tequila is my fav - the glass looks fantastic! Think I'll order in a crate or two of Bad Art B-Gone though, I need it to clear out my renders ;-)

edited December 1969

Just a big version of a Harley model I've been playing with in Bryce.

VRodBig1.jpg
    1400 x 1276 - 508K