The Complaint Thread - The Final Countdown

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

... on the bright side, actually picked up five items I wanted in today's BYOB sale. 100$ of content for 17.95$. That alone more than pays for the PC annual renewal.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    Complaint for today: The last minuet running around for a Turkey Day feast seems to always cost just as much as all the stuff you bought weeks ago.

I know that was a typo, Jade, but my stupid brain insisted on giving me a mental image of you in the grocery store doing one last minuet while pushing the cart. :)

And now I am picturing him in the Freak 4's tutu outfit while doing the minuet and his phone is blaring the appropriate music for a minuet.

Fodder for a new Wendy animation. Bring it on!

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Woohoo four days off, thin I'll be sleeping for one or two of them :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i haz big plans to eat a lot tomorrow. din-dins :)

i'm gonna see if Zazzle will let me have a store there.
    then i'm gonna render up some fantasy clad Orion dancing girls this weekend.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686
    edited December 1969

I am going to mum's for the weekend starting today.

edited December 1969

are you gonna help with the cooking tomorrow?

I'm going to my cousin's, my job is to keep the 6 year old occupied while the cooking is going on.

edited December 1969

it's like a ghost town at work today. wonder ifs i'm supposed to be productive today?

forums are slow everywhere too, seems. sigh

bones in my hands still hurt. hurts under my nails. when fingers and toes puff up, nails don't stretch to accommodate.

no snacks. butterfingers bowl is empty.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Quiet [email protected]ce so far. Manufacturing is running, though, so someone is making things today.

Need lots of coffee to stay awake, argh. :bug: 3-4 cup day.

Finally got all my Gen3 Daz People installed, will install all the Gen4 folks in the next 2 days. W00t! :snake:

Off to get more more MMMOOORREE COFFEEEEEE :ahhh:

ps. Did pick up the jellyfish and I actually had bought the wild turkey - heh.

edited December 1969

are you gonna help with the cooking tomorrow?

I'm going to my cousin's, my job is to keep the 6 year old occupied while the cooking is going on.

Doing the baking today. Doubt I will do any of the cooking tomorrow.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I don't cook. I heat food in the microwave oven. lol. But on a serious note, perhaps I should attend some cooking classes at my local adult education school.

I have a comment about 3D graphics on my computer (again). I played an online game after after I installed my new graphics card. The textures on the landscape looks blurry. Even after turned on the texture filtering (triliniar, anisotropic, anti-aliasing ) the textures looked blurry. It turns out that I downloaded the version with standard/medium quality graphics. I suspect that the version with very high quality graphics has shaders for the landscape in addition to uncompressed graphics. The standard version comes with shaders and materials for foliage, trees and plants.

The only issue is I don't feel like downloading a 6 gigabyte file now. Maybe after Thanksgiving I'll download the game... again.

Ok, I'm going to play with Victoria 3 now. I'm glad that Daz Studio 4.5 can load generion 3 figures.

edited November 2012

ohmygoodness, searching on Orion Dancing girls from work compy, not a good idea.
    it's a genre all by itself.

some cupcake ideas. mangia :)

turkcupcake.png
    751 x 499 - 985K
    panda_cupcakes.jpg
    500 x 375 - 51K
    cupccake.jpg
    520 x 694 - 68K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

ohmygoodness, searching on Orion Dancing girls from work compy, not a good idea.

I want one of each please!

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I can't help it, but candy corn freaks me out because they look like yellowed teeth that have been pulled out.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Ledhead said:
    ps1borg said:
    Morning. Whoa noisy ol Melbourne is 'specially loud this morning. A little cool in the air today taking the sting out of a hot north wind at last :)

Hot North Wind sounds so strange being from the Northern Hemisphere.

South is where the South Pole is, so North is the opposite of cold :)

I understand the logistics of it, I was just noting how strange it sounded to me being from the north side of the globe.

edited December 1969

craving cupcakes. CUPCAKES

or cheese cake.

edited December 1969

3 cupcakes for yoo :)

oneofeach.jpg
    407 x 120 - 21K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm bored out of my gourd with all this prep work for tomorrow,

edited December 1969

Morning. Non complaint: four day weekend. Complaint: Waah is a little cool so far today.

edited December 1969

Fruit is moar better for eating, at breakfast anyhow

Frt.png
    418 x 573 - 477K
    edited December 1969

complainnnt

for the last 20 minutes, trying to get through the zazzle wizard.

i'm stuck at the caption warp thingee. no matter what i put it says error.

what does this look like to you?

cap.jpg
    474 x 132 - 17K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Fruit is moar better for eating, at breakfast anyhow

fruit of the ... lions? lol

edited December 1969

At mum's place.

edited November 2012

It was good to go back to sleep for a couple of hours this morning, had forgotten how luxurious it is to have time to do what I feel like :)

Eta didn't realise how tired I was/am

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited November 2012

complainnnt

for the last 20 minutes, trying to get through the zazzle wizard.

i'm stuck at the caption warp thingee. no matter what i put it says error.

what does this look like to you?

Does the talk function work? Perhaps is o0 instead of double o. Big thing about a Turing test is humans don't always pass, when thy always should if the test is reliable :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

i think it didn't like the first store name i picked. i changed the store name as a test and it took. guess i'm stuck with it now. my store name is kittehgirrl, but i can still put Orion girls?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    It was good to go back to sleep for a couple of hours this morning, had forgotten how luxurious it is to have time to do what I feel like :)

Eta didn't realise how tired I was/am

xtra zzzzs iz good idea for ealy night-nite :)

edited December 1969

I hope I can sleep well tonight.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited November 2012

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Non complaint: four day weekend. Complaint: Waah is a little cool so far today.

...from what I've seen of the advance Melbourne forecast, in a couple days you'll be wishing for cool.

here we will be lucky if we make the upper 40s.

While on the weather site during lunch viewed the photo gallery for Melbourne. Nice looking city with some really neat architecture (love the Webb Bridge). In one night pic taken along the Yarra it didn't look too different than here in Portland along the WIllamette, though you have a couple taller skyscrapers than we do.

Also love Flinders Station. We used to have a really neat Gothic styled station on the lakefront (Lake Michigan) in Milwaukee WI where I grew up (see below) but nothing as grand as Flinders. Unfortunately it was raized in the mid 60s in the name of "progress" and a lakefront expressway that was never built.

Seems that power kiting and kite boarding is also quite popular there. You must get some really good winds.

----

...well finally made it. Four days of not having to think about the workplace and all the associated politik. Very light day today (most of my client's personnel took off early for the holiday here) so was able to get out a bit early and get a ride home saving about an hour and a half on the commute. Currently at the neighbourhood pub enjoying a pint of CatDog on 2.50 pint night (every Wednesday all ales are 2.50$ a pint all day until close - and this is of fine handcrafted brew). The nice thing is I don't have to get up at 05:45 tomorrow so I can stay until time is called.

724px-Detroit_Publishing_-_Chicago__North_Western_Railway_Station,_Milwaukee,_Wisconsin.jpg
    724 x 600 - 21K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

That looks like a Jack (Tomalin) scene, KK (^_^).

edited December 1969

Sleep eat sleep eat sleeps more is all I did today, must have been tired. Less than a month to go before I get a few weeks break from work, don't want to be feeling so tired then :)

This discussion has been closed.