CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It is a special birhtday you see, He reaches retirement age, as defined by us in the UK, still biking, although now he rides on 3 wheels rather than 2 because of also being registered disabled.

• vivayovivayo Posts: 52
    edited December 1969

Hi guys,

Long time lurker of the thread, I took the plunge and I have began to convert cars either from Sketchup or GTA models using Blender and having much fun ! However, I am quite newbie and I have a question for you: When you import the .obj into DS, it asks you for a scale. Which one do you use ? The Poser one or something elese ?

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

vivayo said:
    Hi guys,

Long time lurker of the thread, I took the plunge and I have began to convert cars either from Sketchup or GTA models using Blender and having much fun ! However, I am quite newbie and I have a question for you: When you import the .obj into DS, it asks you for a scale. Which one do you use ? The Poser one or something elese ?

Sorry, I can't answer that one because I don't use DS but maybe someone else here will have an answer.

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

vivayo said:
    Hi guys,

Okay, your importing into DS4.5 I'm assuming, when doing the gta cars, those will always import at the same scale, just use a scale percentage of 5000, that will still be small, but you can rescale for the DAZ figures to around 215 percent once you have the car imported, the sketchup cars are all different, so will come in at different sizes, as will anything you've converted over from a lwo or 3ds file using Blender, I still import at 5000%, however, if its so large, then you might want to reimport it and lower the 5000 to 1000 and so on and so forth until you get it load so you can see it.

• vivayovivayo Posts: 52
    edited December 1969

Thanks ! I will post some renders when I will have the time to play a bit with them.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    It's English Bob's sites that has Catamaran's bikes. http://www.morphography.uk.vu/dlcatamaran.html

I must admit I hadn't thought of using one of these. THe image I have in mind is for my biker brother, for his next birthday, which is just after christma, so I guess it doesn't really need to be an authentic Harley.

I remember that photo you posted of him sitting on his three wheeler. It's in the old forum in one of the freebie challenges. Maybe the one I did on cars and bikes.

:-)

edited December 1969

vivayo said:
    Hi guys,

I always import in Silo scale because it is much smaller and most all vehicles will import huge! Then I take it down to about 25% of that scale, center it by importing a VickyRR or M4 and that will find you the exact center, tweek the scale to fit her size. Then delete her, and re-export the vehicle in Poser scale to a new file, be sure you check the "include textures" box and you have a perfect sized and centered model. There will be a maps folder inside your new file folder, keep it there, it holds all the textures and the path to it is kept in a .mtl file that exports with the .obj file. Keep it also.

• RNR_DV8RNR_DV8 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey everyone, came upon this thread while searching the web for a free garage .obj, , also found the garage music2u4u uploaded on the share cg website, so thought I would join. Lots of great links and renders in here. I am also looking for some free garage props: jacks, toolbox etc., so if anyone knows where I can find some of that stuff I would appreciate it. Keep up the great rendering, looking forward to posting something soon.

DV8

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited November 2012

Dixie and her beetle :)

DX_and_the_beetle_wn.JPG
    1600 x 900 - 319K
    Post edited by cosmo71 on
    edited December 1969

Saturday Cruise In at Dick's Diner!

Saturday_at_Dicks00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 466K
    edited November 2012

betsy662 said:
    Saturday Cruise In at Dick's Diner!

I see the 32 roadster there...looking good!

The only problem I see with this render is the cars are tipped into the curb, therefore some of the tires are floating in the air, you can see it in the tire shadows, and the 56 front tire is down in the pavement, but the rear one is floating. The front one on the 32 is real bad, and the 55 rear end is just way up there...lol.

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

What? I didn't do a perfect render? Whats the matter with you? Don't you understand that in the perfect world the roads aren't perfect? LOL

Maybe you would like this one better, the tires are touching the ground at all!

Sue is back in her Happy Place!

her_happy_place00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 520K
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    What? I didn't do a perfect render? Whats the matter with you? Don't you understand that in the perfect world the roads aren't perfect? LOL

You mentioned that garage a few days ago...where do you get it? I need it...lol. I am building one in Sketchup, but it will house mainly the old cars.

• equinoxx5equinoxx5 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

That's the Tuning Garage by 3-D-C. I used it to house my "Collection."

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    betsy662 said:

You mentioned that garage a few days ago...where do you get it? I need it...lol. I am building one in Sketchup, but it will house mainly the old cars.

That is the Tuning garage by 3DC, its available at Rendo.

edited December 1969

Don't know whats going on with the forum now, all of a sudden it won't let me post anything, anyway, heres to trying again! A new car from Nationale7, the 54 Chevy Station Wagon, can a Sedan Delivery be far behind?

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=96511#

Full96511.jpg
    800 x 800 - 262K
    edited December 1969

LOL...Betsy...I got it too! Have never seen a 54 wagon before. It's nice. Good price too!

edited December 1969

Yeah, I gotta get it yet, but have to wait for payday!

edited December 1969

The 51 Buick Sedan is nice too, but it's $18.00, so it will have to wait here too.

I'll let you know how the wagon tests out.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    LOL...Betsy...I got it! Have never seen a 54 wagon before. It's nice. Good price too!

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    The 51 Buick Sedan is nice too, but it's $18.00, so it will have to wait here too.

I'll let you know how the wagon tests out.

I already have the 51 Buick sedan, I got that a couple of weeks ago when Rendo was having a sale on all of N7's stuff, so I got it for around $13 or something like that!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247
    edited November 2012
    Full96564.jpg
    800 x 532 - 142K
    Post edited by Robert Freise on
    edited December 1969
    div)(div_class.jpg
    600 x 450 - 21K
    edited December 1969

Well! Heres the Chevy Station Wagon!

Very nice model from Nationale7, as usual!

54_station_wagon4.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 322K
    54_station_wagon3.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 369K
    54_station_wagon2.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 688K
    54_station_wagon1.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 475K
    54_station_wagon.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 389K
    edited December 1969

Schurby has a much nicer one over at Rendo.

edited December 1969

Its in my wishlist!

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:

True but it costs money:)

edited December 1969

Thanks for the cab link Robert. The Mustang is nice, but it is still...just another Mustang. I like the obscure stuff. The unusual and wierd...lol.

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:

True but it costs money:)

But I already have Schurby's! There are some really nice cars from GTA also, and I do download those and use them, they are sometimes nicer than the payware I have, but thats different, cabs are nice to have around, but Schurby did do a really nice one, and he has both a detailed and light version in the same pack.

edited December 1969

Heres another view of the wagon, with scenery around it, at night!

54_wagon00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 353K
This discussion has been closed.