Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

I find this Firefox extension to be very valuable. Thanks again.

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 561

@barbult you're most welcome. :) More to come of course.

Also, Opera is now up to snuff with the other browsers--all sporting the 1.1.13 version.

Cheers!

• Yay! Just installed it in my Opera and it's working!!!

Thank you so much, Overdrawn.

edited October 2016

Did I jinx it? Load Ownership Info link isn't doing anything for me now in Firefox. It was working fine before. I have version 1.1.13.

Post edited by barbult on
    @barbult like, you click it and nothing happens?
    Overdrawn said:
    @barbult like, you click it and nothing happens?

Yes, exactly. When I hover over it, it doesn't show any link address either. I thought it used to, but not sure.

Sometimes the owned info with prices per and grayed out owned items shows up instead of the Load Ownership Info text. In that case, it seems to be working just fine. But when I get the Load Ownership Info text, clicking it does nothing.

Hrm... That link is one the extension adds. There's no URL associated with it--hence you don't see any link address when you hover over it. However, it should be replacing itself with the usual bundle pricing info when clicked...it used to. :-P And...it seems to still be working for me... >_> Which makes figuring this out tricky...

BTW, which product page are you one when it doesn't work? Perhaps it's showing up on a non-bundle page or a bundle page where things are setup differently...maybe.

Darn, I didn't screenshot it, and I don't remember what I was looking at at the time. But I tried a few bundles at random now, and this is one that is doing it now:

http://www.daz3d.com/tattoo-bundle

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    barbult said:

Darn, I didn't screenshot it, and I don't remember what I was looking at at the time. But I tried a few bundles at random now, and this is one that is doing it now:

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing, Load Ownership Information doesn't work on that bundle.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Just chiming in to confirm - I see the "load ownership information" but nothing happens.

And I have to admit, I didn't know where that was coming from till I read the page here. I first tried clicking or hovering over that about a week ago (I think) and nothing happened (these were different bundles).  

barbult said:

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing, Load Ownership Information doesn't work on that bundle.

• Thanks for this fantastic plugin.

Here's a suggestion for a future feature: Have some way to enter a percentage discount that is applied to all prices displayed on the current page.

I want it for the kind of sale we're having now where it's "buy this thing and get x% off all these products," But the products are shown at their normal price and you only actually see the discounts when they hit your cart. It would be down to the end-user to get the discount percentage right, of course.

• Chris, I was just having a similar idea... 

I'd like to see a way to search/sort the entire catalog of content by the biggest discounts as a percentage. 

I don't think a Browser plug in could do that, though - it would need to be server side on DAZ's end. 

But it would sure be nice to sort by descending order from largest discount by percentage to lowest, during sales. 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Chris, I was just having a similar idea... 

I'd like to see a way to search/sort the entire catalog of content by the biggest discounts as a percentage. 

I don't think a Browser plug in could do that, though - it would need to be server side on DAZ's end. 

But it would sure be nice to sort by descending order from largest discount by percentage to lowest, during sales. 

It already exists, I don't recall if it's in this plugin or one of CypherFox's, but it allows you to sort by discount percentage.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

Chris, I was just having a similar idea... 

It already exists, I don't recall if it's in this plugin or one of CypherFox's, but it allows you to sort by discount percentage.

Ati's add-on lets you do that. 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

Yep, it's my "Sort products by discount %" script. Link in signature. (Some / most of my scripts will be slowly integrated into the addon, and new features are coming, too. Lots of great stuff ahead! :))

@barbult v1.1.14 has the fix for the Load Ownership Info link issue. It was inside some older code that was only enabling things for on-sale items...that one wasn't on sale, so it wasn't properly setting up the link. :-P Should be better now!

Overdrawn said:

@barbult v1.1.14 has the fix for the Load Ownership Info link issue. It was inside some older code that was only enabling things for on-sale items...that one wasn't on sale, so it wasn't properly setting up the link. :-P Should be better now!

I updated add ons, but I still have only 1.1.13. I guess I'll have to wait and try again later.

Sorry...I announce here when I've posted the updates to the add-on sites. Sadly, they all do the actual releasing/review-approving at various speeds...
  • I'm not worried about ATI's scripts...

​But I've got a vague unease about installing TamperMonkey. Even browser plug-ins seem to be hit and miss for me... this seems like extending that concept in a way that could lead to instability, performance issues and security leaks.

​Being an IT pro with a career focus on security makes Jack a Paranoid Boy, sometimes.

@donovancolbert do you mean the extension in general? Or a specific feature?

I'm not worried about ATI's scripts...

​But I've got a vague unease about installing TamperMonkey. Even browser plug-ins seem to be hit and miss for me... this seems like extending that concept in a way that could lead to instability, performance issues and security leaks.

​Being an IT pro with a career focus on security makes Jack a Paranoid Boy, sometimes.

We're in the process of putting many of my scripts into the extension. So if you have any issues with a userscript manager, then fear not, these features will eventually reach you via the extension. Only a little later. :)

• Doesn't the Firefox version show up in Add-on Manager page?  I was just checking to see the version and it wasn't there.  But it is installed because the Lilith 6 Pro Bundle is showing items I own.

Oh, never mind.  It's considered an extension.

• This is pretty cool! Nice work!!

• I just wanted to point out... that the ONLY reason I still use Chrome is because of this plugin... It has Chrome on life-support on my PC.

Overdrawn, the extension in general. Running scripts in a web-browser is just a very powerful feature to enable in an application that is already a vector for many different forms of attack.

​So... I really WANT the features that ATI's scripts would enable... and if it were a STANDALONE plugin like yours, I'd probably do it.

​But installing a 3rd party's code to run ATI's code through my web-browser... that just, intuitively, creates a bunch of different levels where things could go wrong - to my mind, anyhow.

​I have some trust issues with it. :)

I just wanted to point out... that the ONLY reason I still use Chrome is because of this plugin... It has Chrome on life-support on my PC.

Overdrawn, the extension in general. Running scripts in a web-browser is just a very powerful feature to enable in an application that is already a vector for many different forms of attack.

​So... I really WANT the features that ATI's scripts would enable... and if it were a STANDALONE plugin like yours, I'd probably do it.

​But installing a 3rd party's code to run ATI's code through my web-browser... that just, intuitively, creates a bunch of different levels where things could go wrong - to my mind, anyhow.

​I have some trust issues with it. :)

You're in luck! :) We're porting most of my standalone scripts into the extension. Like... right now... :)

I personally prefer userscripts, because they are a lot easier to maintain, and it's a lot faster to create any new features or correct any possible bugs, but I understand that installing a 3rd party extension to run these scripts can cause technical difficulties, or even trust issues. So you don't have to miss out of the fun for much longer! :)

ETA: A lot of things need to be modified, so I can't give you an exact date. I would like to have most of the current, and some yet unpublished features included after the PC sales.

By the way, what's your default browser? The extension works with other browsers as well.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,609

It works with Waterfox which is basically Firefox but sixty four bit version.   It does not work on the library's stupid computers which have outdated browsers.

Hi friends! Version 1.1.17 is up for Firefox and Chrome--Opera en route. It adds the following awesome:

• Add Total Money spent to My Orders page (thanks to @Ati!)
    • Add Options screen for managing extension settings - more to come in this space.
    • Add Export Cart as CSV button -- handy for understanding these crazy deals. ;)

Enjoy!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Overdrawn said:

Hi friends! Version 1.1.17 is up for Firefox and Chrome--Opera en route. It adds the following awesome:

• Add Total Money spent to My Orders page (thanks to @Ati!)

This works even now with 1.1.16 ... I am not sure I want to know! LOL

Which prices does it add up? The "Grand Total" of each order? or the prices of the items?

@Kerya now you know why there's an options page. ;) You can shut it off if you want/need. :) It totals the column in the table, so just what's presented there. Maybe in future we'll work out how to show what you would've spent if you'd paid full price. ;)
This discussion has been closed.