The Complaint Thread - The Final Countdown

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

is a shame to spend money on food with A3 stuff on such great sale. and David3 stuff.

lol, easier to feel that way with a full tummy now.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

It is a nice but cold Sunday morning. My ear is a bit feeling better but now it hurts a little. I am also hearing a slight ring out of it.

I told my Doctor my ears were ringing. He told me not to answer because no one is at home. :)
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited November 2012

...another cold rainy bleak day. Heading into a log wet spell this week that will last though the holiday. Thankfully I am not travelling anywhere.

Joints aching like mad from the weather change. Went to bed just after midnight didn't get up until 10:30 this morning.

...supposedly we have a short work week, but knowing the situation at the workplace, three days will still feel like five (maybe even six).

Gonna really need the four days off as I'm not sure my vacation request for next month will be approved (kind of got that feeling from the super's tone of voice before she left for two weeks). So not only do I not get my usual holiday week off (because things were so hectic I never got around to putting in the request) but most likely will have to wait until mid January at the earliest. That will be nine months since I had any significant time off during which my workload and responsibilities have more than doubled, but my pay hasn't gone up a cent.

If I were in Germany with the years I have put in I'd have over a month of paid leave time, health coverage paid for, and possibly even a four day work week. After seventeen years here, I get the maximum which is three weeks and am restricted as to what part of the month I am allowed to take time off, basically have no "real" sick leave to bank on (due to a very cumbersome company policy), and still have to pay for my health insurance.

Is it just me, or is most of America overworked, underpaid, and under-appreciated (unless you are somewhere high up on the admin food chain)?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Is it just me, or is most of America overworked, underpaid, and under-appreciated (unless you are somewhere high up on the admin food chain)?

Not just you, KK, everyone that has to work for a living.
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

I have a gripe. Why is personal space in abeyance when I go to church? I love being hugged by friends and family but I hate being hugged by strangers (or patted or grabbed by the arm, etc). If they just want to greet me in a friendly way, that's what handshakes are for!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699
    edited December 1969

Here is a story idea. A gal becomes a concubine while she was having her cycle. Forty days latter, she was began to feel sick. She checked her calender,and saw the cycle was late. She starts to panic. She does not know what to do.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Having a white rabbit kind of day, late for everything and looking for a handy burrow to go hide in. Meh Monday ! :)

edited December 1969

...that happens for me in another fifteen hours.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Borg that is a brilliant render! I really like that one. There's so much story that comes from the artwork. Well done :)

Oh TY for kindness. Haz pleasure in keeping things simple :)

edited December 1969

Re-installing, re-installing,
    Lots of files, coffee calling
    First an Aiko, then a Vicky
    Then some M4, 'cause he's tricky
    Freaks and Trolls, a texture map
    All this work, s lots of crap!

:bug: :bug: :bug:

hehe installers lament. My complaint is a meeting scheduled at lunchtime, civilisation will collapse without lunch :)

edited December 1969

I have a gripe. Why is personal space in abeyance when I go to church? I love being hugged by friends and family but I hate being hugged by strangers (or patted or grabbed by the arm, etc). If they just want to greet me in a friendly way, that's what handshakes are for!

seems to be a universal thing 'cos that happens to me too, ppl say don't be uptight but eeeow, don' know where they have been :)

edited November 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...that happens for me in another fifteen hours.

I'm sure you will go to your fate bravely KK, as for me was in the grip of this beautiful dream and suddenly.... :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

seems to be a universal thing 'cos that happens to me too, ppl say don't be uptight but eeeow, don' know where they have been :)

LOL. Exactly.

edited November 2012

...speaking of dreams, had a "Wendy-esque" dream the other night (complete with soundtrack) that involved dancing slices of buttered toast (of the "bread" variety). No cartoony hands or feet just, the toast slices which bent, twisted and moved to the music as a synchronised group (kind of like the T-Mobile ad shot in Liverpool Street Station but set in a kitchen instead).

...really weird.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

I think ps1borg went to my dragon scroll and clicked on all my eggs and hatchlings.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Oh Nos! I just upgraded two of my personal characters, then double saved one of them overwriting the other! Now I'm a man down!! :bug: :bug: :bug:

edited December 1969

Eek! O.O Do you have a save file with him in it?

edited November 2012

Only an older version :( I save characters in version numbers - Each time I upgrade it gets a new number... I would have had Version4 but I lost it... So I either completely remake him or start with Version3... I even lost all my new surfacing parameters that v3 didn't have DX DX DX Gawd... This is why I shouldn't screw around with my sleeping pattern.

It was Spyro's brother man! His Brother! Major character of mine... damn it lol

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Only an older version :( I save characters in version numbers - Each time I upgrade it gets a new number... I would have had Version4 but I lost it... So I either completely remake him or start with Version3... I even lost all my new surfacing parameters that v3 didn't have DX DX DX Gawd... This is why I shouldn't screw around with my sleeping pattern.

It was Spyro's brother man! His Brother! Major character of mine... damn it lol

Oh ick, I'm sorry. I sympathize, because I basically recreated all my online roleplaying characters from scratch when I upgraded to Genesis from Gen 4 (the DieTrying set made it possible to make some of them look more like I wanted anyway). I would hate to have to do it all over again.

edited December 1969

tell me about it. I need to get my head around writing up character formulas and all the products required for it so that I can always fall back on it should the worst happen.

Hey, you are good with GenX.... Can you tell me if I was to upgrade to the new GenX, and re-transfer all the morphs using the new version (As apparently it is improved and transfered even better) Will that cause issues with my existing characters that are using the already transferred morphs? (I hope I'm making sense lol)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    tell me about it. I need to get my head around writing up character formulas and all the products required for it so that I can always fall back on it should the worst happen.

Hey, you are good with GenX.... Can you tell me if I was to upgrade to the new GenX, and re-transfer all the morphs using the new version (As apparently it is improved and transfered even better) Will that cause issues with my existing characters that are using the already transferred morphs? (I hope I'm making sense lol)

I wish I could help you.

edited December 1969

Formulas are a very good backup idea.

And that does make sense, but I don't know the answer. I put in the serial number for my installed GenX upgrade and no plugin appears, so I've never used it in 4.5 :p

edited November 2012

You couldn't get the upgraded one to work? Did you contact the PA or support?

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

No, I'm busy contacting them about the forum's tendency to randomly revoke my access to parts of it. :p

GenX is very cool, but I don't have to have it to do work projects (and there are a LOT of those lately), so trying to make it work is currently on the "can't be buggered" list. It just doesn't show up in the tool options despite claiming that it's activated.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

No, I'm busy contacting them about the forum's tendency to randomly revoke my access to parts of it. :p

GenX is very cool, but I don't have to have it to do work projects (and there are a LOT of those lately), so trying to make it work is currently on the "can't be buggered" list. It just doesn't show up in the tool options despite claiming that it's activated.

Have you tried resetting the layout. I have had some items in the menu thing were missing. I reset the layout and they came back. It was like the bar with all the names on it and brings down menus to pick from. I forgot its name partly due to watching Netflix streaming at the same time.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Yeah, that makes sense. I've done that with a few items I bought... Left it until I actually needed it... Then realized they updated it during my wait and its all fixed and I didn't have to lift a finger... LOL except to click download :-P

edited December 1969

That might work MBW... Might be worth a try :)

edited December 1969

They are handshakers where I go. I gots lotsa cousins there so hugs happen with them.
    Maybe you're just huggable-looking, SY. :)
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    That might work MBW... Might be worth a try :)

hope it works
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited November 2012

brr. drafty and cold. finished 3 renders,

too tuckered out to do a tentacle one tnite. tentacles is many opportunies for funnies. tee hee

render drop :) Aspasia with Stephi3 -they is girl/girl friends

121118-.png
    1024 x 768 - 2M
    Post edited by Mistara on
This discussion has been closed.