Realistic Renders...NOT!! 11 "Hello Rogerbee!"

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,773
    edited December 1969

Pretty scary creature, Rogerbee. I am still experimenting with EZ Skin 2.
    Below are the renders of Victoria 4.2 with morphs and textures from IllusionsDesign Nara enhanced with EZ Skin 2.
    Also used clothes, hair and motorbike from ID_zoro_d Chameleon_Rose.
    Click each of the images to see them enlarged.

V4Nara02pic03.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 306K
    V4Nara02pic01.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 255K
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

She's pretty cool!

I'm experimenting with D3D's Unhide Dials script and found one that opened up the eyes on my werewolf a bit more, so, I used it and resaved him.

CHEERS!

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

Lux render times are not bad once you get how to work the materials I can crank out up to 40 or more in a week sometimesRun!

8193946373_c6bf7eed97_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 254K
    edited December 1969
    8193946113_44b9c5be4d_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 168K
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 132K
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 144K
    edited December 1969
    800 x 426 - 147K
    edited December 1969
    8193944721_c66b9e5580_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 174K
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Bolian, James Bolian!

bolian-james-bolian-sml.jpg
    1170 x 1501 - 189K
    edited December 1969

This isn't French Roast!!!!

Jean_Reno-klingon-sml.jpg
    1052 x 1350 - 244K
    edited December 1969

The Transporter XV

TheTransporterXV-sml.jpg
    1170 x 1500 - 204K
    edited December 1969

Nice work Bob!

And hello Moto, nice to see you back again! Great renders as always.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Thanks thats what I love about the Luxrender quality renders with simplicity...

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited November 2012

Been a while since I posted anything, really like the textures that come with the Park models. Poser render, point lights

AASIS0508.jpg
    1500 x 628 - 125K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    The Transporter XV

Hey great interior :)

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:

Looks great, good idea :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Been a while since I posted anything, really like the textures that come with the Park models. Poser render, point lights

Very nice,

Makes me think of Skyfall.

CHEERS!

edited November 2012

ps1borg said:
    Bobvan said:

Looks great, good idea :)

Thanks due to the older Valerie being taken from another dimension / universe it re modifies the existing timeline I am having fun making great sci fi renders will post once I upload them. Been using Reality for approx 9 months so I am getting a pretty good handle on the materials which is what helps with making nice renders.

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...don't know if it's a gamma correction issue, but all renders done with Reality/Lux appear come out too dark on my system compared to those done in 3Delight/Firefly/Carrara/Bryce.

edited November 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...don't know if it's a gamma correction issue, but all renders done with Reality/Lux appear come out too dark on my system compared to those done in 3Delight/Firefly/Carrara/Bryce.

If you look at my many renders I dont have a problem some are dark but they are meant to be

For the record I think my Lux kick my LDP2 render's @ss LOL

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...well I'm still an LDP fan because of the ease of use, no need to rework shaders mess with specularity, AO, IBL spheres, light probes, & the like.

I just wish DL would take a moment from developing new training packages and models to update it for 4.5. I still like the quality it gives to many of the scenes I create.

edited December 1969

It will always have a special place for me as well since it was the 1st of my decent renders but after 9 months I think I have approx 700 to 800 Lux renders if not more so it is manageable to get decent render times.

edited November 2012

I found a neat trick, Dimension 3D's DSON Loader script imports DUF's straight into Poser, well, the UberEnvironment lights are DUF's, so I imported it and loaded an HDR onto the Environment Sphere. I combined this with my Caisson set up, took out the IDL sphere, tweaked a few settings, and the result is below.

That's the M5 Phillip texture, one Poser can't normally light, tee hee, not only can we get Genesis from you, but we can get the UE lights!

CHEERS!

M5_Phillip_UE_3.jpg
    588 x 600 - 114K
    Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

For some reason, that scene file became corrupt and crashed Poser when I opened it. So, I redid it and it seems fine so far. Due to the way the UE setup works, I was able to implement the eye settings in EZ Skin 2 and they really made a difference. I set the reflections to real and the result is below.

I think I've finally got these renders cracked, so long as no scenes crash Poser again!

CHEERS!

M5_Phillip_UE_4.jpg
    588 x 600 - 126K
    edited December 1969

I decided to give the old Lana texture a try. The eyes are a bit boring though and I haven't found a way to pep them up which doesn't involve the eye surface, why Daz left this out of Genesis is beyond me, all the best looking eyes you can get are geared around this. Without it all you get in her eyes when you light them is that white dot in the middle of her pupil.

If anyone has any tips for Genesis eyes so they light well with IDL and UberEnvironment then I'd really like to hear them.

Lana's skin looks amazing, I just wish her eyes looked just as good

CHEERS!

V5_Lana_UE.jpg
    588 x 600 - 126K
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

I decided to give the old Lana texture a try. The eyes are a bit boring though and I haven't found a way to pep them up which doesn't involve the eye surface, why Daz left this out of Genesis is beyond me, all the best looking eyes you can get are geared around this. Without it all you get in her eyes when you light them is that white dot in the middle of her pupil.

If anyone has any tips for Genesis eyes so they light well with IDL and UberEnvironment then I'd really like to hear them.

Lana's skin looks amazing, I just wish her eyes looked just as good

CHEERS!

I agree with Lana's eyes. i was not a fan of those, but it is one of my favorite non rebelmommy textures for the skin though.

for the eye's there's Elite EyeLights i have it and used it quite a bit and loved it.

But now I almost always just use the eye's that come with Frostbite no matter what texture set i use.
    so far those are my favorite. If I'm not mistaken those are the eyes i used in the picture in my sig.

edited December 1969

Ah, yeah, the Eyelights only work on the eye surface, which Genesis doesn't have. Genesis eyes only have a cornea, iris and pupil. If you use the properties of the eye surface on the cornea you don't quite get the same results. That was why I asked, all the eye tutorials I've found are all for Gen 4. I think Daz boobed big time not giving Genesis the same eyes as Gen 4.

I'll persevere....

CHEERS!

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Ah, yeah, the Eyelights only work on the eye surface, which Genesis doesn't have. Genesis eyes only have a cornea, iris and pupil. If you use the properties of the eye surface on the cornea you don't quite get the same results. That was why I asked, all the eye tutorials I've found are all for Gen 4. I think Daz boobed big time not giving Genesis the same eyes as Gen 4.

I'll persevere....

CHEERS!

I see. that kinda sucks. i played around with genesis only a couple times so i didn't realize that.

edited December 1969

Yep, it does a bit,

I've just downloaded some pics of shaders I can try, so I'll give them a go and see what happens.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

I'll persevere....

CHEERS!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6376/P75/

Has comments and a tute about settings for genesis eyes. :)

This discussion has been closed.