Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,245
    edited December 1969

I'm a little urked right now. Earlier this week I tried to join a group on DeviantArt to try and get some more exposure for my webcomic blog. I was bascially told by one of the moderators that 3d art is not illustration and that moving Poser figures around is not illustration and that I should quit arguing with her. Just burns my a$$!

David

I don't think you need to need to participate in a close-minded. prejudiced group like that. Daz models are used by professional illustrators.

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

well my say is this dont listen to close minded jerks i love everyones work here and strive to be as good. i like the ART i see here so dont get upset - keep posting

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    I'm a little urked right now. Earlier this week I tried to join a group on DeviantArt to try and get some more exposure for my webcomic blog. I was bascially told by one of the moderators that 3d art is not illustration and that moving Poser figures around is not illustration and that I should quit arguing with her. Just burns my a$$!

David

I don't think you need to need to participate in a close-minded. prejudiced group like that. Daz models are used by professional illustrators.

I'd like to see what she'd think of Nova Trek. "Not illustration"- Bull!

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

Hey all,

For all of you on DA, Paul and I have started a new group dedicated to all things dealing with the Star Trek Mirror Universe. The two freebies I have just posted plus any others will be hosted by that group. We welcome all of you to stop by take and take a look. If you are a member of DA and you have any Mirror Universe images of any kind, we would love to host them. Here is our group Avatar and our tag line is "Not your Fathers Star Trek!"

Mirror_Trek.jpg
    1420 x 852 - 506K
    edited November 2012

Hey all,

For all of you on DA, Paul and I have started a new group dedicated to all things dealing with the Star Trek Mirror Universe. The two freebies I have just posted plus any others will be hosted by that group. We welcome all of you to stop by take and take a look. If you are a member of DA and you have any Mirror Universe images of any kind, we would love to host them. Here is our group Avatar and our tag line is "Not your Fathers Star Trek!"

Considering how hard it is to find anything on DA, a link to the group would be nice,

Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

Thanks Moto for posting the link Sorry about forgetting the link Mdbruffy

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Because it has to be said

Mr_Shadowhawk.jpg
    618 x 800 - 292K
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

LOL :lol:

and ...

How does that badge stay on him? Sticky tape? Velcro to his chest hair (although it appears Mirror Picard shaves his)? An implanted snap? A pin? A strong magnet that is attracted to his artificial heart? (speaking of which, it might be cool to have a really angry-looking scar on his chest from surgery, one that's not as neat and well-healed as one might expect from our universe's medical skills ;))

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    This will be up on my deviantart page shortly.
    [Captain on the Bridge for Ryan]

http://ssgbryan.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5lb47i

I'd suggest not mixing upper and lower case with this font - it makes it strange to read ;). Maybe use lower case for everything but "for"

RyanOnBridge.jpg
    663 x 70 - 32K
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:

and ...

How does that badge stay on him? Sticky tape? Velcro to his chest hair (although it appears Mirror Picard shaves his)? An implanted snap? A pin? A strong magnet that is attracted to his artificial heart? (speaking of which, it might be cool to have a really angry-looking scar on his chest from surgery, one that's not as neat and well-healed as one might expect from our universe's medical skills ;))

Well being that it is the Mirror universe and I keep getting reminded that it is a Universe of extreme's I would venture to guess that the communications badge doubles as an Agonizer and has a set of claws that dig through the skin and deep into the muscle in the chest. That way when he is forced to turn over his Agonizer, it is only the remote portion and not the whole device.

edited December 1969

Ptrope said:

and ...

Well being that it is the Mirror universe and I keep getting reminded that it is a Universe of extreme's I would venture to guess that the communications badge doubles as an Agonizer and has a set of claws that dig through the skin and deep into the muscle in the chest. That way when he is forced to turn over his Agonizer, it is only the remote portion and not the whole device.

In otherwords, there's a part of the badge we don't see that's implanted in his chest. Ouch! :ohh:

• blutobluto Posts: 827
    edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    bluto said:
    jaguarry3 said:
    Raptors on patrol. Thanks for the model Bluto. Hope you don't mind but I replaces the warp engines with my own design . Hope you like it

nope dont mind at all , i do however want to have a copy of those engines
    .that image has inspired me to tinker with the engines a bit

I have a question on these raptors - what is the time period?

I have been kit-bashing some klingon ships for the TOS era, but could REALLY use some more models to start from.

the idea behind these raptors was that they would be raptors from the tos era .

• blutobluto Posts: 827
    edited December 1969

Bluto requested that I work on a Klingon dress for V4 Courageous. So, I took a little from Lursa. I took a little from B'Etor. I used Bluto's Klingon yoke. And here are a couple of WIP pics.

And, yes, I've been thinking of using a transparency map to end the dress at the black waist trim, so that it can be used as a tunic, too.

...Or if you want a bottom Klingon warrioress. I don't judge. Whatever floats your boat.

bb , thats lovely . very well done

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Somethings been rigged! Somethings been rigged!

And now I have to upload it. :)

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

PoserWorld has updated SFO Tyler to include the missing boot texture.

edited December 1969

Who and what is a Tyler???

Oh and here is a spacescape render :P

Immense-sml.jpg
    1500 x 864 - 173K
    edited December 1969

A Tyler is a recently introduced Guy Next Door morph for Poser's Ryan. Poserworld recently did a SpaceFleet Officer uniform for Tyler similar to their SFO uniforms for other figures.

edited December 1969

not very familiar with poserworld as they require a membership fee.

edited December 1969

My first TNG uniform for a Poser figure came from PoserWorld.

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Another view of Bluto's fine Raptor model with my own warp engines fitted best seen at higher resolution over at DA

RAptor_2_sml.jpg
    750 x 750 - 154K
    edited December 1969

probably is worth it, but due to economy it and also PC here is out of the question

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited November 2012

Hi. If anyone is interested I posted a copy of this model over at DA http://mirror-trek.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5lfud2 It is in .obj format and the registry is in the textures so can be altered if required

ISS_Immortal_3_sml.jpg
    800 x 456 - 232K
    Post edited by jaguarry3 on
This discussion has been closed.