Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited November 2012

For some reason I can't post more than 2 images without it kicking me out so here is the second part and the last image will follow these.

Love the bodysuits - the 'Drow' in the black and purple is especially nice ;). They look - flexible ;).

Post edited by Ptrope on
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

Well the Drow will soon have a realignment surgery to make her Andorian thanks to those antenna you posted and then I will use her for a lot more Trek inspired images.

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    anyone know if rduda is ok just havnt seen any post from him or is he just busy

Mmm! Hou?! What? Something happen to me? No, just getting the 1701-D Battle bridge ready.

edited December 1969

Well the Drow will soon have a realignment surgery to make her Andorian thanks to those antenna you posted and then I will use her for a lot more Trek inspired images.

Nothing wrong with Drow in Trek, right? ;) (actually, I've used them a couple times, with antennae, and explained it as a Vulcan/Andorian hybrid :D).

PyrIce___Trek_action_figure_by_Ptrope.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 359K
    edited December 1969

:lol: Never thought of that! I guess she is just getting plastic surgery now instead of the whole body and fender shop treatment! :lol:

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,260
    edited December 1969

OK here is a final test render of the Poser mats for the new Mirror Jumpsuit Paul and I are working on. Also it is a test of the new Terran Empire Starfleet communications badge. I was talking to Fisty the other night about what Paul and I were doing and she whipped this up as a surprise for me. We should have the Suit ready for release sometime this week. Looking for some feedback on the comm badge though.

Looks good really like the comm badge

edited December 1969

Well, I had to find some way to justify/rationalize it - I'm just mighty fond of Drow coloration :D.

edited December 1969

Looks good really like the comm badge

Thanks Robert Fisty did all the hard work on it!

edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    Well, I had to find some way to justify/rationalize it - I'm just mighty fond of Drow coloration :D.

You have won your case councilor, The Drow gets away with a few touch ups. :lol:

• crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

another attempt

dress.jpg
    786 x 700 - 80K
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,243
    edited November 2012

thanks for the antenna, Jag!

AndorianFemale.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 150K
    Post edited by Timbales on
    edited December 1969

Looks good, TimG! Interesting hair, too ;).

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

I still maintain, however, that the antennae are hearing organs, and therefore, they should not have ears. [grin]

edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    I still maintain, however, that the antennae are hearing organs, and therefore, they should not have ears. [grin]

If they are ears, then can I pierce them then? An Andorian female with pierced antenna...hhhmmmmmmm that could be sexy!

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Thalek said:

If they are ears, then can I pierce them then? An Andorian female with pierced antenna...hhhmmmmmmm that could be sexy!

Given some anthropomorphic drawings I've seen, you can probably pierce them even if they aren't ears. [grin] And yes, that could be rather sexy.

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    thanks for the antenna, Jag!

Your welcome glad you could use them :cheese:
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Andorians with ears is kinda odd, i always thought the antennae were the ears

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,243
    edited December 1969

Shran was shown with ears, my opinion is that the antenna don't directly corresponding to a human sense.

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Andorians with ears is kinda odd, i always thought the antennae were the ears

It was my understanding that the antennae were sensitve to higher frequencies than the humanoid ear could detect.

• mylochkamylochka Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.sharecg.com/v/65721/view/11/Poser/STO-Antares-02-Uniform-Textures-for-V4-Courageous

Antares Variant 02 uniform textures from the Star Trek Online game for DAZ's V4 Courageous costume. There is a texture with a bump map available in the Materials folder.

Sorry to be out of touch, guys. Migraines have really been getting me down for the past few weeks.

Bluto -- I'll put the Cardassian bodysuit textures for V4 on my Things to Do List... which is really full right now.

Where are we with the TNG era Klingon textures? Is someone still working on those? or does that need to go on my list too?

Also -- I'd really like to see an Enterprise model with the kind of damage MDBruffy had to photoshop on built in -- cracked saucer, damaged nacelles.... Klingon vessels too. Would be great for battle scenes.

V4AntaresVar02SkirtAD.jpg
    491 x 669 - 298K
    edited November 2012

mylochka said:
    DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.sharecg.com/v/65721/view/11/Poser/STO-Antares-02-Uniform-Textures-for-V4-Courageous

Antares Variant 02 uniform textures from the Star Trek Online game for DAZ's V4 Courageous costume. There is a texture with a bump map available in the Materials folder.

Sorry to be out of touch, guys. Migraines have really been getting me down for the past few weeks.

Bluto -- I'll put the Cardassian bodysuit textures for V4 on my Things to Do List... which is really full right now.

Where are we with the TNG era Klingon textures? Is someone still working on those? or does that need to go on my list too?

Also -- I'd really like to see an Enterprise model with the kind of damage MDBruffy had to photoshop on built in -- cracked saucer, damaged nacelles.... Klingon vessels too. Would be great for battle scenes.

Actually, M, I added the "scortch marks" to the textures maps for that model- but I don't know if they'd transfer to other models without alot of work.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • blutobluto Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

i was under the inpression that on the original series andorians antenni were the ears.
    that changed for enterprise .
    so i guess that it might be one of those thing that can be explained by clan genitics , however i prefer to have my andorians with antenni only

edited December 1969

Well regardless if they are ears or not I pierced hers! An Andorian has to make herself attractive, right?

Lt._Commander_Freya3_.jpg
    1180 x 852 - 473K
  • PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

mylochka said:

Freebie list has been updated under Section One of the two lists...."ST Online Antares Variant 02 for Courageous"

-Paul

edited December 1969

Well regardless if they are ears or not I pierced hers! An Andorian has to make herself attractive, right?

Cute! You know, now that you've brought up jewelry on an Andorian, I could easily see them wearing rings or some other sort of decoration on their antennae, the same as we wear on our fingers. Could be interesting to see that, as well. ;)

edited December 1969

Ptrope said:

Cute! You know, now that you've brought up jewelry on an Andorian, I could easily see them wearing rings or some other sort of decoration on their antennae, the same as we wear on our fingers. Could be interesting to see that, as well. ;)

ROTFLMAO!! Is that a dare?

edited December 1969

Actually, it might be an interesting group challenge :) (either here or over on STAU on DA) - "Design Andorian Antenna Rings" - I could see conventional rings, rings with 'danglies' that hang down and lie on the wearer's hair, chains, etc. Could be fun! (and less painful than piercing ;)).

edited December 1969

bluto said:
    i was under the inpression that on the original series andorians antenni were the ears.
    that changed for enterprise .
    so i guess that it might be one of those thing that can be explained by clan genitics , however i prefer to have my andorians with antenni only

Enterprise did not introduce Andorians with ears. ST:The Voyage Home had at least one in the council:

tvhhd2134.jpg
    1920 x 822 - 249K
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    Actually, it might be an interesting group challenge :) (either here or over on STAU on DA) - "Design Andorian Antenna Rings" - I could see conventional rings, rings with 'danglies' that hang down and lie on the wearer's hair, chains, etc. Could be fun! (and less painful than piercing ;)).

Well let me be the first then, these are retextured and resized bracelets from a Fabi free set over at Share CG. Didn't want to go to gaudy as she is in uniform at the momment. Andorian bling anyone?

Andorian_Bling.jpg
    1180 x 852 - 534K
    edited November 2012

Yes!!! That's exactly it! :)

I'm really surprised I've never seen this done before - it seems like a really obvious enhancement. I like those even better, having seen them, than I did just speculating about them :).

Post edited by Ptrope on
This discussion has been closed.