Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,184
    edited November 2012

MotoTsume said:
    thought I would get in on the andorians with antenna adorements
    best seen at DeviantArt

http://mototsume.deviantart.com/art/Andorian1-337845692?ga_submit_new=10:1352966657

Great looking image Moto and welcome to the club! I love that color of Blue you have for your Andorian and just found it myself. I may have to use it for an image myself but I love the blue that mine is so much that I am torn over it.

Noticeing most people are putting rings on their Andorian's antenna with the exception of Roy (Shadowhawk1)...his Andorian has her's pierced as well.

Since this tiny appendage is loaded down with nerve clusters according to Memory Alpha and Beta..I propose peirce the stalk would be the same as a 'Prince Albert'. Those who have them...wear them proudly.

Agreed?

I can work with that, well the antenna piercings that is, not sure I really want to know about any other types of piercings, but we know how you ex-Navy Jag sailors get bored on long boat trips so I think that might just be one of those things better left unsaid! :cheese:

Post edited by shadowhawk1 on
    edited November 2012

Ptrope said:
    Not as obvious as I wished, but I gave a go at antenna jewelry, too - this is also a bracelet ("Kyrie 2" - unfortunately, it's been in my runtime so long that I have no idea who created it :( ), which I scaled and then duplicated and placed on both stalks. I hope we'll see more of this sort of thing - it just seems so obvious!

Also, I used the DAZ alien morph pack for V3 to add some forehead sculpting to her, and to eliminate her ears. The hair is AprilYSH's "Rievel" (love this piece!), which includes ear location morphs, so I just 'lowered her ears' until the gap was filled in.

Nice one Ptrope! she looks pretty good with those rings on her antenna! I think we have started something here and who knows the next thing will be Klingon's getting studs hammered into the forehead ridges or maybe Vulcan's and Romulan's getting their ears and eye brows pierced!

Post edited by shadowhawk1 on
  • ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

SSGBryan, are you using the posable MARS viewers or the original non-posable prop?

edited December 1969

I confess to being very proud of my work in making the viewer posable, so I sometimes plug my own work. [grin]

edited December 1969

Pretty!

• edited December 1969

Well, my Romulan textures for the M4 Valiant are up in Renderosity's Free Stuff section.

And here's the link:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=69906

RomulansTunicPix.jpg
    188 x 200 - 61K
    edited December 1969

I would like to let everyone know that the Mirror Universe Communication badge and Dagger done up in a Star Trek "The Next Generation" style. They load as props and have both Poser and DS mats as well as having multiple Mat Zones for easy customization.
    The badge is parented to V4's chest and can be used by other characters with a little tweaking, the dagger will load to either V4's or Genesis's right or left hand and has a zero load option as well.
    This props was designed for me by DAZ's very own Fisty and can be freely redistributed, you just can't sell it.

The Mirror Universe Jumpsuit will be made available in the very near future as soon as we solve some issues with the textures.
    Here are the links where they can be downloaded.

http://shadowhawkone.deviantart.com/art/Mirror-Universe-Communications-Badge-337977309?ga_submit=10:1353037300
    http://shadowhawkone.deviantart.com/art/Mirror-Universe-Dagger-337978494?ga_submit=10:1353037842

RoysKnifePoser.jpg
    900 x 900 - 76K
    MU-Com-Badge.jpg
    800 x 800 - 173K
    edited December 1969

Thank you, BluBeetle. Thank you, ShadowHawk.

edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    Thank you, BluBeetle. Thank you, ShadowHawk.

You are welcome Thalek

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247
    edited December 1969

Good ol new Daz same old problems no notifications but still subscribed to thread

Yes Thank you, BluBeetle. Thank you, ShadowHawk for the goodies

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Janeway

using werts - doesnt look exactly - must be the mats lol
    trying to figure out what mat to use

any suggestions on mats and hair?

janeway1a-sml.jpg
    1170 x 1501 - 210K
  • jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Raptors on patrol. Thanks for the model Bluto. Hope you don't mind but I replaces the warp engines with my own design . Hope you like it

Raptor.jpg
    1000 x 625 - 117K
  • PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited November 2012

BluBeetle and ShadowHawk,

Both of your contributions to the group have been updated to the Freebies list.

Bluebeetle yours is now located in the texture section.
    Shadowhawk yours is now located in the NEW Mirror Universe section toward the end of the second list.

'Starkiller' your ISS Enterprise has been moved to the new section.
    Bluto - your dagger and sheath have also been moved to the new section.

More to be moved to the Mirror Universe Section soon...and not DAZ soon.....

As usual to all, if you come across a link that is dead, let me know so I can update the list.

-Paul

*** Update...see...not DAZ soon....
    Mylochka your awesome textures for the Mirror Universe have been moved.
    Ptrope your TOS Captain's chair is the only duplicate entry on the list since it has the extra high back Mirror universe captains need so as not to get stabbed in the back.

Post edited by PDSmith on
  • blutobluto Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

jaguarry3 said:
    Raptors on patrol. Thanks for the model Bluto. Hope you don't mind but I replaces the warp engines with my own design . Hope you like it

nope dont mind at all , i do however want to have a copy of those engines
    .that image has inspired me to tinker with the engines a bit

patrole.jpg
    796 x 637 - 287K
    edited November 2012

my take on Raptors on Patrol

hmmm i see textures on your

romulan-raptor-patrol-sml.jpg
    1170 x 1500 - 254K
    Post edited by MotoTsume on
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    jaguarry3 said:

Nice one and no problem sharing I sent you a copy of my modified version with the new engines. Check your email . Feel free to do what you want with it :-)

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,036
    edited December 1969

I'm a little urked right now. Earlier this week I tried to join a group on DeviantArt to try and get some more exposure for my webcomic blog. I was bascially told by one of the moderators that 3d art is not illustration and that moving Poser figures around is not illustration and that I should quit arguing with her. Just burns my a$$!

David

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

I'm a little urked right now. Earlier this week I tried to join a group on DeviantArt to try and get some more exposure for my webcomic blog. I was bascially told by one of the moderators that 3d art is not illustration and that moving Poser figures around is not illustration and that I should quit arguing with her. Just burns my a$$!

David

It's an age old complaint that has been going on since the inception of Poser...it's just easier to walk away and move onto another group.

We've all had the same problem at one time or another.

Ignorance to a new art form is always slow in it's acceptance.

-Paul

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

David

Gee, I wonder how she feels about photography ;).

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    Janeway

I use Bijou hair and Elsa skin texture

janeway.jpg
    769 x 769 - 139K
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

David

So, if your comic is 'Trek related, come to our Star Trek Artists Unite group and talk it up there. We post links to graphic novels, web comics, etc. I think you're a member, aren't you? If not join up and then post from your DA page to our grahic novel folder, or use our journel. This goes for everyone.

http://startrekartistsunite.deviantart.com/

edited December 1969

jaguarry3 said:
    MotoTsume said:
    Janeway

I use Bijou hair and Elsa skin texture

edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    bluto said:
    jaguarry3 said:

I have a question on these raptors - what is the time period?

I have been kit-bashing some klingon ships for the TOS era, but could REALLY use some more models to start from.

Originally seen in the credits for Enterprise but Bluto's model has a more TOS feel about it

• edited December 1969

Bluto requested that I work on a Klingon dress for V4 Courageous. So, I took a little from Lursa. I took a little from B'Etor. I used Bluto's Klingon yoke. And here are a couple of WIP pics.

And, yes, I've been thinking of using a transparency map to end the dress at the black waist trim, so that it can be used as a tunic, too.

...Or if you want a bottom Klingon warrioress. I don't judge. Whatever floats your boat.

FemaleKlingonWIP02.jpg
    812 x 748 - 78K
    FemaleKlingonWIP01.jpg
    812 x 748 - 116K
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Bluto requested that I work on a Klingon dress for V4 Courageous. So, I took a little from Lursa. I took a little from B'Etor. I used Bluto's Klingon yoke. And here are a couple of WIP pics.

And, yes, I've been thinking of using a transparency map to end the dress at the black waist trim, so that it can be used as a tunic, too.

...Or if you want a bottom Klingon warrioress. I don't judge. Whatever floats your boat.

Looks good!

This discussion has been closed.