Eyebrows!

Comments

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Zev0, your brow remover is pretty darn cool. Its very simple and does every step for you, even making presets if you want. Sure, I can do the textures on my own, but this is way, way faster than I could ever do, and it just works. I hope it sells well for you.

One thing, is it possible to adjust the bottom height of the mask with moving the whole mask? And it would be nice if the arch of the mask could be adjusted in a way that it can keep eye shadows more easily in tact.

Incedently, Brow Remover makes for a pretty nifty eye shadow remover...that could be an interesting product itself for those certain figures that lack a makeupless option (like a full eye liner remover that covers the whole eye.) Perhaps this script can also be expanded into add-ons or other products that do similar things. Or maybe even something like..."Nair for Daz."

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

Zev0, your brow remover is pretty darn cool. Its very simple and does every step for you, even making presets if you want. Sure, I can do the textures on my own, but this is way, way faster than I could ever do, and it just works. I hope it sells well for you.

One thing, is it possible to adjust the bottom height of the mask with moving the whole mask? And it would be nice if the arch of the mask could be adjusted in a way that it can keep eye shadows more easily in tact.

Incedently, Brow Remover makes for a pretty nifty eye shadow remover...that could be an interesting product itself for those certain figures that lack a makeupless option (like a full eye liner remover that covers the whole eye.) Perhaps this script can also be expanded into add-ons or other products that do similar things. Or maybe even something like..."Nair for Daz."

Anatomical Element Strip Remover?

lx said:

A Daz-zling Bikini Wax?

And "Daz-zling Hair Waxes for Men." I don't know how doable that would be with some of them, but it would be helpful, and kind of funny. Some don't like chest or back hair.

lx said:

A Daz-zling Bikini Wax?

And "Daz-zling Hair Waxes for Men." I don't know how doable that would be with some of them, but it would be helpful, and kind of funny. Some don't like chest or back hair.

You couldn't call it hair waxing for men though. It'd have to be something like Laser Beam Strength Smoother~

Thinking about it and the way the eyebrower works, I imagine doing entire body sections would be really really difficult though - where do you get the source from to match that large an area?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited September 2016

"One thing, is it possible to adjust the bottom height of the mask with moving the whole mask? And it would be nice if the arch of the mask could be adjusted in a way that it can keep eye shadows more easily in tact."

Only way to change the mask is by editing it or doing a custom mask. The way it is structured means that masks cannot be dynamically edited inside the script. If you want to remove makeup or be more precise, load up that face map inside Photoshop or Gimp, brush over everything you want removed with a white gradient brush on a new layer, add a black background underneath that layer, then save as a mask. Load it under additional mask option and use. The product wasn't really designed to remove makeup, as those vary from character and there is no set formula for that to create a mask that works as the make-up designs and areas it covers vary greatly. Also it shifts depending on UV map used. But it can be done with custom masks. See my quick example.

1.jpg
    1366 x 919 - 104K
    2.jpg
    1388 x 920 - 104K
    3.JPG
    1365 x 915 - 57K
    4.JPG
    1072 x 744 - 96K
    5.JPG
    1042 x 843 - 202K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Some of the skins come with eyebrow masks (not many, but some). It might be possible to use those to generate an eyebrow mask; make it absolute B&W, blur, make B&W a few times (or otherwise expand out from the eybrows and blur around it).

I'm not sure that's better than simply painting over it, but some people might prefer it.

lx said:
    lx said:

A Daz-zling Bikini Wax?

You couldn't call it hair waxing for men though. It'd have to be something like Laser Beam Strength Smoother~

Thinking about it and the way the eyebrower works, I imagine doing entire body sections would be really really difficult though - where do you get the source from to match that large an area?

That's why I said I don't know how doable it might be. Perhaps instead of trying to paint over all the hair of the original, it creates a color matched skin that retains some details that are not fine hair. It does this by using a contrast threshold for the details it copies, dark lines are left out. It wont catch everything, but its something. It comes with several base skins, and the user chooses one that most closely matches what they are looking for. They can also choose what hair to keep, if any. When its done, it automatically sets all the skin textures, and offers the user to save them as a skin preset for future use. Just an idea, not saying it is really possible.

Zev0 said:

"One thing, is it possible to adjust the bottom height of the mask with moving the whole mask? And it would be nice if the arch of the mask could be adjusted in a way that it can keep eye shadows more easily in tact."

Only way to change the mask is by editing it or doing a custom mask. The way it is structured means that masks cannot be dynamically edited inside the script. If you want to remove makeup or be more precise, load up that face map inside Photoshop or Gimp, brush over everything you want removed with a white gradient brush on a new layer, add a black background underneath that layer, then save as a mask. Load it under additional mask option and use. The product wasn't really designed to remove makeup, as those vary from character and there is no set formula for that to create a mask that works as the make-up designs and areas it covers vary greatly. Also it shifts depending on UV map used.

That's pretty cool.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039

Thanks. It's why we added the additional mask option for those who want to load in custom masks.

• lx said:

I've got a couple of questions about the brow products:  Is there a way to save the actual texture with the brows removed after I remove them?  Or is it always go back in DS and reapply the preset?  Because I actually use Photoshop and like Photoshop and HATE LIE with a passion. On the flip side, I just spent an hour removing that weird beard on the MST merchant resource for G3M.  And that wasn't even the bump or anything.  Just the texture.  So I'm open-minded.  I remember somebody above talking about all the things she could do with the time saved from not using Photoshop. 

Oh yes, the 2nd question, I somehow think it's been answered.  I was playing around with another eyebrow product from another website and it looked flat because it was all one color. Normally when I replace brows in Photoshop, I'm using multiple colors to add depth.  Is that possible with these products?

When you run the script and it makes the temp image with the brows removed, you could always go to the surfaces tab to find the location of the temp textures and simply copy them to another folder to save them, couldn't you?

I do remember seeing something about the brow remover having preset saving abilities once you do remove them anyway, but I haven't looked at it.

I think this would automate the process http://www.daz3d.com/lie-baker

•  

As for why I may return Real Eyebrows, they only work if you leave them where they were installed! I think that's totally lame, and it doesn't fit my library filing system. So, I've submitted a ticket. If they fix them before my 30 days are up, then I'll definitely keep them, but we'll see. I have another product that doesn't work either which I haven't checked on, but it is probably the same thing (it's a script product too...the G3 to G2 texture thing). 

Thanks for that warning, because I would definitely have moved it, too.  I just haven't had a chance to play with it since I bought it.

• iwaveiwave Posts: 46

I bought both Real Eyebrows and wowbrows. I'm considering returning Real Eyebrows, but the problem I'm experiencing probably won't affect most people. 

Real Eyebrows has a lot of morphs that allow you to get messy and neat brows from the same shape. I was disappointed that you couldn't make them "bushy" (as in make the actual brow spread out up and down), but I think there are ways overcome that issue. I used Brow Remover to remove the brows, and the two work nicely together. 

The LIE approach, Wow Brow, is very good. They should have zero impact on runtimes, though it does take a while to apply them. There are a bunch to choose from which have varying styles. Real Eyebrows (and presumably the one from Renderosity) will look more realistic in profile shots, since they have real geometry, but if you never do closeups, then Wow Brows is probably good enough, and may even be a better solution since they don't add any additional load on your system once you have applied them. 

As for why I may return Real Eyebrows, they only work if you leave them where they were installed! I think that's totally lame, and it doesn't fit my library filing system. So, I've submitted a ticket. If they fix them before my 30 days are up, then I'll definitely keep them, but we'll see. I have another product that doesn't work either which I haven't checked on, but it is probably the same thing (it's a script product too...the G3 to G2 texture thing). 

Hello, I'm the author of real eyebrows. Thank you for your feedback :)

In my script, I use the following code to get the absolute path of the duf file by its relative path.

var cntMgr = App.getContentMgr();
    var sAbsolutePath = cntMgr.getAbsolutePath( sRelativePath, true );

This method requires that the relative path of the duf file must contain '/People/Genesis 3 Female/', such as '/People/Genesis 3 Female/Hair/Real Eyebrows/DUFs/Real Eyebrows for Genesis 3 Female.duf'. If I remove '/People/Genesis 3 Female/', then I can not get the correct absolute path. I think this is why real eyebrows only works if you leave it where it was installed. So if you want to maintain your DAZ Library according to your own arrangement, I will try to find another way to get the absolute path of the duf file.

Could you please tell the differences between the default DAZ Library and your library? Especially how do you organize the data, People and Runtime? I would like to follow these differences to create a new library to test the new script.

Thanks

• mambanegramambanegra Posts: 569
    edited October 2016
    e-wave said:

I bought both Real Eyebrows and wowbrows. I'm considering returning Real Eyebrows, but the problem I'm experiencing probably won't affect most people. 

Real Eyebrows has a lot of morphs that allow you to get messy and neat brows from the same shape. I was disappointed that you couldn't make them "bushy" (as in make the actual brow spread out up and down), but I think there are ways overcome that issue. I used Brow Remover to remove the brows, and the two work nicely together. 

The LIE approach, Wow Brow, is very good. They should have zero impact on runtimes, though it does take a while to apply them. There are a bunch to choose from which have varying styles. Real Eyebrows (and presumably the one from Renderosity) will look more realistic in profile shots, since they have real geometry, but if you never do closeups, then Wow Brows is probably good enough, and may even be a better solution since they don't add any additional load on your system once you have applied them. 

In my script, I use the following code to get the absolute path of the duf file by its relative path.

This method requires that the relative path of the duf file must contain '/People/Genesis 3 Female/', such as '/People/Genesis 3 Female/Hair/Real Eyebrows/DUFs/Real Eyebrows for Genesis 3 Female.duf'. If I remove '/People/Genesis 3 Female/', then I can not get the correct absolute path. I think this is why real eyebrows only works if you leave it where it was installed. So if you want to maintain your DAZ Library according to your own arrangement, I will try to find another way to get the absolute path of the duf file.

Could you please tell the differences between the default DAZ Library and your library? Especially how do you organize the data, People and Runtime? I would like to follow these differences to create a new library to test the new script.

Thanks

So, I've been using this sort of stuff since 2000, way back with Poser 4, so my habits have been cultivated over a very long time and I've gone through several different approaches before settling on my current configuration, which I consider to be the most effective I've encountered. 

The root for Genesis 3 female would be: 

! Library/! People/! Genesis 3/Female

(male stuff is in .../! Genesis 3/Male) Stuff that is common to G3F and G3M is inside the Genesis 3 directory, etc. 

Your brows would normally go inside ! Genesis 3/Female/Anatomy

I haven't rearranged anything inside the Real Eyebrows folder, only tried to move the top level directory into the place where it is convenient to use. It seems if you were to query for the directory where the script resides and then look for the DUFs subdirectory, it should work but I've never used DAZ' script stuff, so I can't really say.

For what it's worth, there is at least one other script that has similar problems, which I have been too busy to really try to figure out. Sadly, my 30 days is probably coming up really soon on that one...

Post edited by mambanegra on
    e-wave said:

Not sure if you saw the earlier posts in this thread, but it would really help your product if you made it more clear that they were fibremesh eyebrows. Several people (including me) were unsure about the product until another user confirmed them, and several missed out on buying it on release because of this. I bought the product and I think its fantastic, but the product page could do more to make the nature of the product clearer.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

...one issue I had using the Brow Remover and then Real Brows for G3F was after saving the file and opening it in Daz later I got one of those "cannot find" errors (like what happens when a path to a texture or morph is messed up) that opened up a totally unrelated folder when I clicked on  the "search" button.  I cancelled which required re-applying the original face mapThe  Real Brows I created were still parented to the character but obscured by the painted on brow from the original face map so it made me wonder what I may have done wrong when removing the original brows (I followed all the steps in both tutorials).

• e-wave said:

Thanks

When you run a script from a file the global arguments[ 0 ] contains the file name - you can use that to construct a relative path to the sub-folder in the scripts folder, regardless of where the script is run from, as long as everything in the product folder is kept together during any move.

• e-wave said:

Thanks

When you run a script from a file the global arguments[ 0 ] contains the file name - you can use that to construct a relative path to the sub-folder in the scripts folder, regardless of where the script is run from, as long as everything in the product folder is kept together during any move.

yeah, that should resolve the problem I was seeing, since I didn't rearrange the actual contents inside the main directory. 

e-wave said:

Thanks

So, I've been using this sort of stuff since 2000, way back with Poser 4, so my habits have been cultivated over a very long time and I've gone through several different approaches before settling on my current configuration, which I consider to be the most effective I've encountered. 

The root for Genesis 3 female would be: 

! Library/! People/! Genesis 3/Female

(male stuff is in .../! Genesis 3/Male) Stuff that is common to G3F and G3M is inside the Genesis 3 directory, etc. 

Your brows would normally go inside ! Genesis 3/Female/Anatomy

I haven't rearranged anything inside the Real Eyebrows folder, only tried to move the top level directory into the place where it is convenient to use. It seems if you were to query for the directory where the script resides and then look for the DUFs subdirectory, it should work but I've never used DAZ' script stuff, so I can't really say.

For what it's worth, there is at least one other script that has similar problems, which I have been too busy to really try to figure out. Sadly, my 30 days is probably coming up really soon on that one...

Thank you very much for your help, I have modified my scripts and tested them in the new library, it seems that the problem has been resolved.
    So I am going to upload a new installation package. And if you are interested, you can download these new scripts from the following link and test them:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/l34n88huz2m2314/new%20scripts.zip

lx said:
    e-wave said:

Not sure if you saw the earlier posts in this thread, but it would really help your product if you made it more clear that they were fibremesh eyebrows. Several people (including me) were unsure about the product until another user confirmed them, and several missed out on buying it on release because of this. I bought the product and I think its fantastic, but the product page could do more to make the nature of the product clearer.

Thank you for the suggestion.
    Maybe because English is not my native language, so I didn't realize that fibermesh refers to hair model. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    I will edit the product page when uploading the new installation package.

kyoto kid said:

...one issue I had using the Brow Remover and then Real Brows for G3F was after saving the file and opening it in Daz later I got one of those "cannot find" errors (like what happens when a path to a texture or morph is messed up) that opened up a totally unrelated folder when I clicked on  the "search" button.  I cancelled which required re-applying the original face mapThe  Real Brows I created were still parented to the character but obscured by the painted on brow from the original face map so it made me wonder what I may have done wrong when removing the original brows (I followed all the steps in both tutorials).

Hello, I am not sure what is the problem at present... Does this problem also occur when you use Brow Remover or Real Brows alone?

e-wave said:

Thanks

Thank you very much :) I've modified my scripts according to the solution you provided. They worked fine in the testing now.

e-wave said:
    lx said:
    e-wave said:

Thank you for the suggestion.
    Maybe because English is not my native language, so I didn't realize that fibermesh refers to hair model. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    I will edit the product page when uploading the new installation package.

No need to apologize - just trying to help a good product get to as many people as possible. Generally I think it's good to be as obvious as possible. I don't think you need to say fibremesh exactly, just make it clear that it's actual model geometry hair, not drawn.

• e-wave said:
    e-wave said:

Thanks

Thank you very much :) I've modified my scripts according to the solution you provided. They worked fine in the testing now.

Glad to help.

e-wave said:

Thanks

...so could this be the cause of the "cannot find" error I ran into?

edited October 2016
    e-wave said:
    kyoto kid said:

Hello, I am not sure what is the problem at present... Does this problem also occur when you use Brow Remover or Real Brows alone?

...I just ran a test using only the Brow Remover and that seems to be thge culprit as I get the following error when loading the character again:

Could Not Find File C:/Users/<Username>/App Data/Roaming/Daz 3D/Studio4/Temp/d36.jpg

I have a dual drive setup with all my content on a separate larger drive (D:) as I don't use the "My Documents" folder in Windows for anything.  Looks like this is a hard coded path so I'm not sure what to do.

In the DIM is shows the package installation path as being the Scripts folder in Content: Does this not go into the Daz 3D/Studio4/Library Folder?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    lx said:

I've got a couple of questions about the brow products:  Is there a way to save the actual texture with the brows removed after I remove them?  Or is it always go back in DS and reapply the preset?  Because I actually use Photoshop and like Photoshop and HATE LIE with a passion. On the flip side, I just spent an hour removing that weird beard on the MST merchant resource for G3M.  And that wasn't even the bump or anything.  Just the texture.  So I'm open-minded.  I remember somebody above talking about all the things she could do with the time saved from not using Photoshop. 

Oh yes, the 2nd question, I somehow think it's been answered.  I was playing around with another eyebrow product from another website and it looked flat because it was all one color. Normally when I replace brows in Photoshop, I'm using multiple colors to add depth.  Is that possible with these products?

When you run the script and it makes the temp image with the brows removed, you could always go to the surfaces tab to find the location of the temp textures and simply copy them to another folder to save them, couldn't you?

I do remember seeing something about the brow remover having preset saving abilities once you do remove them anyway, but I haven't looked at it.

I think this would automate the process http://www.daz3d.com/lie-baker

Oh thank you! I didn't know that was a thing. Wishlisted! :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    kyoto kid said:
    e-wave said:
    kyoto kid said:

...I just ran a test using only the Brow Remover and that seems to be thge culprit as I get the following error when loading the character again:

Could Not Find File C:/Users/<Username>/App Data/Roaming/Daz 3D/Studio4/Temp/d36.jpg

I have a dual drive setup with all my content on a separate larger drive (D:) as I don't use the "My Documents" folder in Windows for anything.  Looks like this is a hard coded path so I'm not sure what to do.

In the DIM is shows the package installation path as being the Scripts folder in Content: Does this not go into the Daz 3D/Studio4/Library Folder?

Where are you seeing this in DIM?

...click the arrow in the far right column of the entry on the "Installed" tab which brings up a menu.  The third selection is "Show Package Files" and fourth selection is "Show Installed Files"

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    kyoto kid said:

...click the arrow in the far right column of the entry on the "Installed" tab which brings up a menu.  The third selection is "Show Package Files" and fourth selection is "Show Installed Files"

And you're seeing this under Package Files or Installed Files?

edited October 2016

...here are screenshots of the DIM displays I am talking about.  The firstattachment is the "Show Package Files" pane and the second "Show Installed Files" pane.

Just wondering if I installed it to the wrong location.

Show package files.png
    676 x 673 - 97K
    Show Installed Files.png
    680 x 676 - 89K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on